Weekend Event 11/13/15 ~ Fashion Voting: Deja Vu Friday the 13th

18910111214Next

Comments

• PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    When I saw a (clearly) low level player pitted against someone who could afford or has everything, I would vote for the low level player. It just isn't fair to do it that way, so I like your idea

Thank you! :)

I often did, too...although I tried not to be unfair in reverse, if that makes sense.
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Since Glu has reportedly asked for player feedback, here is mine for the voting event:

1. It does not seem fair to pit newbie players, with a small wardrobe and hardly any shoes, against long term players. Perhaps, then, do something like Levels 1-10 together, 11-20 together, 21-30 together, and VIP members together?? Etc....

2. Themes! I don't think people understood either theme, what it meant. I personally interpreted NY Fashion Week theme (the first voting event) as luxury and cutting edge forward thinking fashion - just like the real fashion week. But I saw a lot of sweats, jeans, etc. as submitted looks. This theme was even less clear, what does Karl like? How would any of us know? :p Some would assume it means try to wear his KL KKH collection - but when I saw that, it just seemed unimaginative to me, too literal.

So how about themes that change throughout the weekend - once a day, twice a day, every four hours, whatever?? And that should be clear in the SUBMIT LOOK panel each time. I kept seeing bikinis with heels all weekend, which mystified me. Is that high fashion? So how about just a Swimwear theme, a casual wear theme, a jeans theme, an evening gown theme, a day dress theme, an office look theme...on and on. Kind of like Naimonster's thread only not with specific clothes, just categories of fashion?? Make sense??

(And of course, naturally, only put same THEMES together, as far as voting pairs! Swimsuit for swimsuit...gown for gown...office wear for office wear...casual for casual...club wear for club wear...etc.)

An alternative to Glu changing the THEME every submit look time, would be, people could simply CHOOSE which theme to submit for, each time! Actually, this way, it might be easier for Glu to code it, such that the submitted look was sent to the correct voting booth for judging.

3. Points for voting! Whether one point per vote or one point per five votes...encourage people to vote and give newbies a way to grind and get points, if they have limited fashions or don't understand the theme or keep losing for whatever reason.

4. More gigs that pay in event points.

5. Keep the point total to win all prizes, low. We tap and tap and pay and pay, so it's nice if there is a fan event once in a while sort of to show appreciation to fans, which isn't so hard!

6. Possibly a shorter time between being able to get results and submit looks.

Thanks for reading :)

THANK YOU POLKADOT!! This is all great advise. I really love the ideas. I think even if 2-3 were implemented it would help. They do need to tweak these voting/fashion themes.

Two more things I should add.. You KNOW we spend a lot of K Stars on these events. Why not give us a few back? Like we get 2 for each box we open. And second.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop giving us duplicate items in the boxes and allowing us to spend 40K to earn $4000. That's unfair and EVERYONE hates it.

Other then that, I think what's fair with sales on K Stars is that they are across the board. You did a HUGE sale for Android. So in my opinion they had an unfair advantage since most of them had a nice stock up. A sale is a sale. Give it to Android, iOS, Kindle and FB.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I wish we could share extra pink checks with friends; as well as duplicate things earned in the mystery boxes (from events) and daily boxes!

Duplicates? I think we can only win one of each. Might be in similar colors though, if you meant that you don't need them in more than one color.

I'd love to be able to gift other things to people like: Bridals; Hairstyles; Baby clothes; even maybe, furniture!! Lol. I think I have posted all those in Suggestions thread in the past, though. Maybe some day :)
    Thank you! :)

I often did, too...although I tried not to be unfair in reverse, if that makes sense.

I did the same. It might seem unfair to some but I have a daughter who's lower level and can't afford K Stars.
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    Duplicates? I think we can only win one of each. Might be in similar colors though, if you meant that you don't need them in more than one color.

I'd love to be able to gift other things to people like: Bridals; Hairstyles; Baby clothes; even maybe, furniture!! Lol. I think I have posted all those in Suggestions thread in the past, though. Maybe some day :)

I feel like in the 6 boxes there should be 6 different items. Rather there are 2 MAYBE 3 items and then everything is Kash or K Stars. Every box should be different, especially if you want me to spend 40 K Kash on EACH box I get to open. So I do and open 3 that all have 400 Kash. That's BS in my opinion and they need to do something about that.
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I am 24 event points away from the outfit. This frozen "getting results" thing really stinks!! :(

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Rosie99Rosie99 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Since Glu has reportedly asked for player feedback, here is mine for the voting event:

3. Points for voting! Whether one point per vote or one point per five votes...encourage people to vote and give newbies a way to grind and get points, if they have limited fashions or don't understand the theme or keep losing for whatever reason

I thought it worked this way already, I did notice that I won when I was able to vote a lot, and I didn't win when I was busy and didn't get to vote often.
    Rosie99 wrote: »
    I thought it worked this way already, I did notice that I won when I was able to vote a lot, and I didn't win when I was busy and didn't get to vote often.

No points for voting, that I know of. Maybe Koko can chime in on that.
    I tried to reply earlier but the website was frozen for me.

Here goes:

BobbieM:

Yes, I felt bad for them...I only penalized for things like, wearing the flip flops with gauzy gowns...in some cases. I know they have the freebie strappy sandal, a better choice. But otherwise, yeah ;)

You mention a daughter; I will confide then, that I always voted for the one wearing a tiara or if it looked like a child might have dressed the doll...because I wanted to make them smile. I know kids take it very hard if they lose.

I tried to post this but the forum is borking for me lately (acting up, or is broken.)
    BobbieM wrote: »
    THANK YOU POLKADOT!! This is all great advise. I really love the ideas. I think even if 2-3 were implemented it would help. They do need to tweak these voting/fashion themes.

Two more things I should add.. You KNOW we spend a lot of K Stars on these events. Why not give us a few back? Like we get 2 for each box we open. And second.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop giving us duplicate items in the boxes and allowing us to spend 40K to earn $4000. That's unfair and EVERYONE hates it.

Other then that, I think what's fair with sales on K Stars is that they are across the board. You did a HUGE sale for Android. So in my opinion they had an unfair advantage since most of them had a nice stock up. A sale is a sale. Give it to Android, iOS, Kindle and FB.

Thank you so much!! I love your ideas, too.

Specifically, I especially like your idea about K star sales. They recently had a half price sale on K stars for Android and I kept waiting for it for iOS. :( I am still waiting :p I know that it was because the Android players were borked during one event for most of that weekend, but still. (And it did not help those Android players who can't buy K stars.) Why not just send out a few K stars to the affected players, and have a K star sale for everybody? It only brings in money because it encourages people to buy K stars who might not have.

I'd love it if we got stars back for anything...I don't know if we will see that one happen but we can dream :)

The Kash in 40 K star prize boxes has been a player gripe for some time...but it is still there. le sigh (I mean, if we wanted to buy Kash for stars we already could, no?)

Thanks Bobbie and bladeoo for the feedback!!!!
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I like the voting events very much I'm just not having luck with this one at all. Jesse gets no love, lol. I think I've submitted 8 or 9 looks and he's won maybe 3. What gives? I think he's very stylish! Shae has lost one but won all the other submissions. I still haven't received the last item on either game. I have to grind at so chic to get check marks and that's not really fun because I only get 2 check marks per shift since I don't have giftbox items on either game.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Oh that reminds me...Eselle when you were saying how many times yours has won or lost.

Mine lost every time but once. And so I resubmitted that winning look and...the next time, it lost! After that, I just worked off the rest of the points, til I won the final KL prize. Then I wore it all weekend. P. U.
    Finally got the outfit!! I've been stuck on getting results for the past 27 hours and have had to date my way to the final prize. Thanks to all of the people who gave tips for dating and working shifts!

~Melissa~

• mrsarchuleta89mrsarchuleta89 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Im doing the same as far as dating to get the last item! I really like that they added that this time. Last time I got the last item easy but I lost 2 looks & I'm literally 10 checks from getting the outfit, and since theres only 3 hours left I'm not gonna submit another look. Just gotta do 10 more dates to get it! I REALLY like these voting events. They're not nearly as stressful as regular events and the 3rd item is actually possible to get lol
  • stormjervilstormjervil Registered Users 2 Posts
    So I am still stuck with the getting results since yesterday. I would have had the outfit by now if I had gotten the results and posted my outfits. I hope that they make up for all this grief
  • LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts
    2015-11-15_18.57.31_zpsrz19jvsu.jpg

Finally finished
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    You have a doll named Bort also?

:eek: don't tell me he's cheating!! lolol

Yes, I am a fan of The Simpsons, so I had to date him

bort_2.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

And wouldn't you know, after I get the outfit the cat & fish each give me a check mark
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    I don't mind them making us work for the items, but then they have a whole outfit in the gift boxes that you have to work on getting too. And that one mostly people pay K Stars for. That's the one I don't like. I don't understand it. It's TOO much for one weekend.
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    :eek: don't tell me he's cheating!! lolol

Yes, I am a fan of The Simpsons, so I had to date him

bort_2.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

And wouldn't you know, after I get the outfit the cat & fish each give me a check mark

I didn't know it was from The Simpsons. Vats must be a fan, as well! Lol

I wondered why the unusual name. ^_^
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    I really hope we have an update this week.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »

I hope it's today.. There's really nothing left to do!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »

Me too! I hate waiting for a new update. Just doing Simon's side gigs and dates is so boring! I hope the update is this week, too.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Seriously, Christmas still way too far. More than a month to go, so it's not possible that we will not have an update before Christmas update. Besides, I hope for updates that have more than just clothes.
    No! No updates yet!! I am less than 10 million from #1 and I need to get there before they add fans. Hahaha!

~Melissa~

Haha! Ok, well then I hope you reach #1 asap and then one hour later there's an update! :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    AmyT wrote: »
    Haha! Ok, well then I hope you reach #1 asap and then one hour later there's an update! :)

I will take that deal!!

~Melissa~

• xxTrinePrincessxxxxTrinePrincessxx Registered Users 157 Posts
    The update is here!
    GC: trineaitken :o 19 year old girl from Norway
    The update is here!

Wow! Omg! I really wasn't expecting an update, I thought we'd be waiting ages. It mentions Black Friday in the description, yay! :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    590a34d7-fc80-4e70-b2ed-ab2d5ed655c8_zpss3kfg36h.png

I have a question, is the hair on the blogger avail to guys? Because aside from the color, this really reminds me of a picture of Brad's hair that I really liked. If it's not avail for guys to earn in an event or purchase, it really needs to be.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Yes! I'm waiting for a sale or VIP Event to purchase. It costs 40 k-stars, reasonable.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.