Options

I need help.. I'm ready to quit, I just don't understand the strategy!

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
Okay, the events are one thing and I always struggle with them but aside from that I am struggling so hard in this game to earn both K Stars and K Kash. I opened my store in London and Kris told me it was a flop, more then likely because I simply cannot afford the banners, counters, clothing racks, etc. they are like 20-60K. I have $30K right now and it would be all my money for one rack. Then we all have the K Stars issue. I frankly cannot afford to buy anymore. I used to buy weekly, I no longer can (had a recent surgery that was very invasive and I'm bed ridden) and the ones I get I save up for some elite clothing because I feel dead awful having all the basic clothing that comes in the game. I don't really even have K Kash to buy some of the clothing.. It's more then I have money for!

What are tricks and strategies (no cheating - I refuse to and its against the rules, I won't lose my game over it, way too invested)?

How do y'all make money?

How does one play this game when there is no way to afford to use real money?

It takes so long for energy to refill and to keep my lame-o SO happy with dates and flying everywhere that there is no time for making money. And I'm sorry but the $1,000/wk from Luther is a joke. That store should make more then that!! No store makes the same amount every single week/day.

Can y'all please give me some tips/tricks/advise? Am I traveling the wrong path? What am I doing wrong. I am just so darn discouraged..!! :( :mad: :confused:
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!

Comments

• Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I don't use real money, ever. If I can't afford something with kstars I siply don't buy it. In general I try to use the kmoney wisely, if I buy a house I don't usually buy furniture, I buy it when I can. I try not to be out of cash ever. Having friends helps with the clothes, in general people give you gifts and that helps a lot and sometimes you can buy things with the money you earn from the gigs. If I find myself without much cash I work lol. Simon's always calling.

Kstars...I've never ever bought kstars. All the kstars I have are from the game. Some from the recent weekend event, some from the achievements, some from leveling up and other from random free kstars they give when you've completed a number of gigs I think or at some point for example, there was a problem with an android update and we ended up gaining some kstars for all our trouble. Making progress in your relationships with some VIPs helps too and again really thinking how you're going to invest those kstars. Right now I'm saving for black friday ::fingers crossed::

I think there are very few persons that have actually decorated So Chic London, no one knows what's up with it because it doesn't give us anything. Others So Chic stores give you 1000 k$ as profit every week but not this one. At some point you even open a online so chic and receive profit for it too.

Energy refill...I tap, tap, tap a lot. During the week I play only at night and maybe 2 hours so is not like I'm constantly needing energy but on a weekend is very easy to refill your energy running around California. The first thing I bought to be able to safe money was a car, that way I go from LAX to Santa Barbara and back all the time collecting energy, and I'm saving kstar to buy a plane and do the same around the world. So, a lot of tapping and a lot of patience.

There is absolutly a way of playing this game, enjoy it and not paying a thing. Because in the end, as you know, there are things that get to be a priority and you cannot give your money to the game. So yeah, you may not be able to have every single one of the weekend outfits, all of the pets, all of the houses but you're getting there, just slower.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Everything Stardust just said! The way I earn money is simply doing gigs.. lots of them. Also, my doll is not married, so I am not burdened with keeping up a relationship by spending my money and energy. I am currently loaded with K-Kash (over 100K, if only I could spend more of it on clothing!). I grind for more energy when I need (or want) to, but don't worry about the cost of travel between locations because it never amounts to much as I only jump between Miami where I own a house and there are six taps (I own the dog) and all of the LA locations which are fairly cheap to travel between and have 21 taps, plus the pets in the apartment.

I've only spent real money on this game twice. Once when I was new to the game and a weekend event was ending, I spent $5 on stars so I could buy energy and finish the event. Last weekend I bought a subscription to Wired magazine for $5 because there was a double-star award going on (100 Kstars instead of 50). I don't know much about the magazine, but for $5 and 100 stars, it seemed like a great deal.

I'm tempted ALL the time to put more money into this game, but there are too many real life financial needs in my life. Sometimes it's painful missing out on the cute stuff, like the KL green jacket and skirt in the event gift boxes this weekend, but c'est la vie! The game is still fun.

Did you find the extra videos for K-Stars on your iOS game? I checked my phone a bit ago and it seems like they're still there. They are mostly previews for game apps. It takes some time to watch them (well, keep an eye on when it finishes and it's time to click back to the game), but you're lucky to have this option. They don't exist on my Kindle.

Hope you find a way to make the game more fun for you!! :)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    First I must say - don't buy furniture in So Chic London! It's too expensive and you don't even get weekly profit from taht store!

Second, I agree totally with Stardust and ChicCharlotte about the strategy. I play almost every day, do 1-2 gigs ( I play only at night when home, after work) and that's where my money come from. I used to buy everything in the beginning and I was always broke. But now I buy only the stuff I really, really like. I own only one car and the houses I really like. I'm not married at the moment so I don't spend money on dating. I never buy k-stars , I just bought Kim's pick (10eur) for her birthday because of the hair and I got 60 kstars. Every other kstar is earned in the game. I think I can afford at least 10 eur a month for kstars, but I have real life priorities, so I choose not to invest in the game. I've missed so many good hairstyles, clothes and accessories but like irl I know I can't have everything :) so I'm happy with what I have. I choose to do a comeback and I'm slowly going up, very, very slowly.. But it's fun :)

In the end it's just a game, try to enjoy it. You don't have to have everything to have fun and play it.
    If you want to make some big money - do gigs daily but don't spend a dime for a couple of months. And voila - over 100k :)

And regarding the weekend events - first do the event tasks, the ones that have countdown (e.g 2 days and 15 hours). They will give you event points so you can earn the event items faster. Every other gig can wait, tell Simon you will do it, but put it on hold until you do the event ones ( unless it's gig's event, than you do every gig, but when the event one is available do it first). And tap. A lot.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    What are tricks and strategies (no cheating - I refuse to and its against the rules, I won't lose my game over it, way too invested)?

Make sure to 'watch video' as many times as you can per day. I usually forget to, but it worked best for me with 1. Audio off and 2. While watching tv or doing something else anyway. And some of the ads are actually very entertaining (especially game or movie ads.)

Just keep working...and remember the actual game play should be fun. If it isn't...no point really!!

So don't make it too much about being completist (very hard, especially when others here are comparing fashions!) or grinding. Remember to just pop into places in the game and see what's up.

You can also have fun not only by 'earning' but by taking part in some of the fun threads here...snapping pix of NPCs and posting it in Apropos of Nothing or Who's That NPC; participate in the story threads here; participate in the theme threads; take creative pix of your doll in the KKH photo booth; etc.

As far as earning K stars, they make it hard on purpose. They want us to spend as much as possible.

How do y'all make money?

Just accept every gig, and try to get as many (gig ratings stars; not K) stars for the gig as you can. If you don't have the plane, or a lot of pets, then just wait til the energy meter fills up again and go back and tap on the things in the gig. (Higher rating on a gig = more pay for the gig.)

Someone posted once about working a 12 hour shift in one of the shops? Because then while you sleep, the energy meter fills up again and (the job) won't expire, unless you sleep longer than 12 hours. Maybe someone can give details on that? I think it was in So Chic.

Avoid spending on decor for houses or shops. You are barely in them long, unless it is the house you do your house parties in. I never go into most rooms in the houses. The So Chic London decor was a total waste of my money! I don't even go in there!

Other than the airplane, the vehicles were all a waste of money too...unless you have Kash to burn and like to look at them. The pets, however, are a good investment, because they give energy bolts regularly. (Every 4 hours or so??) (They need a timed meter on them, though!)

How does one play this game when there is no way to afford to use real money?

Patience, creativity, and time. Oh, and gifts! ;)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    If you have time Bobbie, there is a site called Quick Thoughts. They are a legit survey place. Not the 'surveys' in other offers that are really just phishing sites for email addresses and more. Quick thoughts pay 1.00 for most surveys, and when you have reached 10$, they issue an immediate iTunes gift card code. That's how I started. I did the surveys, and 'earned' 30$ in iTunes cash which I turned into Stars. It's time consuming, but...being home most of the time, time is very available to me. So it was well worth the time it took.

Earning Stars in the game, my best strategy is to marathon costar with someone, and collect the stars for those relationships. When I hit max, I pick another and exclusively work with that one. When you look at friends in your contact tab, and organize them by clicking the star or heart/star it arranges them by points. so I pick the ones close to maxing with and get those stars.

I'll be back with more tips when I think of them.. But really check out Quick Thoughts
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Wow, I never knew until now that we're able to organise contacts like that, thanks Koko!

Do you happen to know if Quick Thoughts is exclusively for US players? I'm definitely tempted to try that out, however I'm in the UK.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    darinSUEdarinSUE Registered Users 108 Posts

Earning Stars in the game, my best strategy is to marathon costar with someone, and collect the stars for those relationships. When I hit max, I pick another and exclusively work with that one. When you look at friends in your contact tab, and organize them by clicking the star or heart/star it arranges them by points. so I pick the ones close to maxing with and get those stars.

I'll be back with more tips when I think of them.. But really check out Quick Thoughts

I'm sorry Koko, what do you mean with stars? I always change friend to co-star with, that's why I'm pretty confused.
    G C : d a r i n S U E
    ≈ Foreign native language, please correct me everytime you can!
  • Options
    Speaking of itunes gift cards...how do we apply those?

Not sure most people know...I've also given them as gifts in the past (before KKH existed) and no one ever used them.
  • Options
    Oh and there is a Challenges tab which I did not even know existed. It's by the Contacts tab sort of.

When you complete a Challenge, it gives you a K star.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    darinSUE wrote: »
    I'm sorry Koko, what do you mean with stars? I always change friend to co-star with, that's why I'm pretty confused.

When you reach the Max points in a professional relationship, you get a KStar, and some other bonuses. It's like an Acheivement. When you complete it, you receive a little something. For Professional contact relationships.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary