Dating weekend events?

Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
Has anyone ever wondered whatever happened to the dating weekend events? Lately we didn't have one in like forever. Hmm...what's the mystery behind it? Is it really gone for good? I've been really looking forward for the next dating weekend event so that I can earn some more clothing/accessories for my doll.😕
Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    My own opinion? People were complaining about how much it cost for a weekend of dating. So, I get the feeling that may have just been put on the back burner for a while. I don't miss it really. After dropping 100K for the London So Chic, I'm appreciating not having to drop another 30-50K$ for a dating weekend. Do you really miss them? Given a choice between a gig weekend or a dating weekend, I'd take gig weekend.

How does everyone else feel about the drop in Dating events?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My own opinion? People were complaining about how much it cost for a weekend of dating. So, I get the feeling that may have just been put on the back burner for a while. I don't miss it really. After dropping 100K for the London So Chic, I'm appreciating not having to drop another 30-50K$ for a dating weekend. Do you really miss them? Given a choice between a gig weekend or a dating weekend, I'd take gig weekend.

How does everyone else feel about the drop in Dating events?

I couldn't really choose either one of them because it doesn't matter to me as long as I get the earn able items then that's good enough for me.

I wish that KKH official Facebook page would announced that dating weekend events will no longer be held. I don't like the fact that Glu is leaving the players to be hanging in the air like that.

Well Valentine's day is coming soon next year so that will suck for couples who wants to have dates with their significant other during the dating weekend events.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I was just giving my own opinion. I haven't heard anything either way. But, for Valentines day, I'm sure they'll bring it back for that. Last Valentines day, anyone who wasn't in a relationship was thrown into one by the game. Everyone had someone special. That's how I had a short marriage before settling down with myself. THe game said 'go on a date' then the game proposed. I quickly said no, pulled in my own choice for a date, and ended up marrying that way. When the game wants it done, the game does it. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    My own opinion? People were complaining about how much it cost for a weekend of dating.

I only date in the Hamptons. All of those dating options are energy only - no cash!
    I was just giving my own opinion. I haven't heard anything either way. But, for Valentines day, I'm sure they'll bring it back for that. Last Valentines day, anyone who wasn't in a relationship was thrown into one by the game. Everyone had someone special. That's how I had a short marriage before settling down with myself. THe game said 'go on a date' then the game proposed. I quickly said no, pulled in my own choice for a date, and ended up marrying that way. When the game wants it done, the game does it. :)

I actually regret not participating this year for the Valentine's day weekend event. I didnt grind for any of the earnable items. I'm hoping that the dating weekend event isn't gone for good.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I liked the dating events. For me they seemed easier and more doable than gig event or parties. Maybe though, that's because I'm Scrooge-like when it comes to buying properties (my So Chic London store is completely empty, too) so I could quickly get through a date in Oak buy buying wine. If the dating events don't start up again, I'll probably just let the money accumulate, buy clothes for my doll with kcash when possible and keep on gifting people kcash items...
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    AmyT wrote: »
    I liked the dating events. For me they seemed easier and more doable than gig event or parties. Maybe though, that's because I'm Scrooge-like when it comes to buying properties (my So Chic London store is completely empty, too) so I could quickly get through a date in Oak buy buying wine. If the dating events don't start up again, I'll probably just let the money accumulate, buy clothes for my doll with kcash when possible and keep on gifting people kcash items...

The best part about it is dating nonstop. I actually liked dating weekend events because my doll's hubby didn't call my doll for a date throughout the entire day. The annoying part about it is that when the dating weekend event is over, then my doll's hubby is calling my doll for the daily dates as usual lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I love dating events. They are not as exhausting as gig events if you're willing t invest some cash. And I'm very willing to!
  • LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts
    I love dating weekend events for me they more easier and I always get 1 hour or 3 hour date so its like no biggie for me if there even if I only have 32 energies still easy. I say I can get a dating weekend event done by the 2nd day
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I'd rather have the gig events then the dating events. My problem with the dating events is the money. I didn't know that about the Hamptons though.

Since its mentioned here I will add my thoughts here. I HATE that the game forces us to buy real estate or this or that. The London So Chic does nothing. I don't want it. OR pay me what my other stores do. I also.do t like that the game picks where you should live as part of gigs or jobs. We started a new game on our Android device and its making me buy a place to live in Hollywood. Making me buy So Chic. I don't want to and shouldn't have too. I don't like that they make things like that a must (this includes dating, marrying, etc.. If they make us buy properties they should have a real estate place where we can SELL properties.

Now with Valnlentines Day I would expect t something with love, dating, SO, babies, etc because thats what Valentines Day is about.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts

Just to add to this... Dating events also gave our SOs some significance in the game. Like, it's once in a blue moon that we get a gig where your husband/wife/bf/gf/fiancée/whatever is included in the storyline. So at least then, your SO seemed like they had some significance. Plus, during dating events, it's kind of like your SO is giving something back... Even though we're doing the work grinding during dates (as per usual), we get something in return in the form of clothing.

I doubt I would divorce my Kkh husband, but other than one mandatory date per day, what else is his purpose? A serious flaw in the game, imo, but is the fact we give and give to our SOs however, they are rarely in the game and don't give us any gifts or take us out for dates in return.

So... I say, bring back Dating events!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Just to add to this... Dating events also gave our SOs some significance in the game. Like, it's once in a blue moon that we get a gig where your husband/wife/bf/gf/fiancée/whatever is included in the storyline. So at least then, your SO seemed like they had some significance. Plus, during dating events, it's kind of like your SO is giving something back... Even though we're doing the work grinding during dates (as per usual), we get something in return in the form of clothing.

I doubt I would divorce my Kkh husband, but other than one mandatory date per day, what else is his purpose? A serious flaw in the game, imo, but is the fact we give and give to our SOs however, they are rarely in the game and don't give us any gifts or take us out for dates in return.

This IS a good point. I guess I wouldn't mind them here and there just so that it DID give them a point in the game!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!

So... I say, bring back Dating events!

Yes I agree with everything that you said just now. I think that's the only reason why I wanted my doll & her hubby to stay together just for the earn able items. Glu needs to bring back the dating weekend events ASAP.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Cherrey wrote: »
    I love dating events. They are not as exhausting as gig events if you're willing t invest some cash. And I'm very willing to!

Yes dating weekend events are the best! What I love about it is earning new clothing, hairstyles, and/or accessories for my doll.
    Lckynicki wrote: »
    I love dating weekend events for me they more easier and I always get 1 hour or 3 hour date so its like no biggie for me if there even if I only have 32 energies still easy. I say I can get a dating weekend event done by the 2nd day

I could never finish a dating weekend event for two days. I usually end up finishing on Sundays haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    I hate dating events, nobody should date so much.
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    Dating events were the easiest and you didn't have to spend money on the dates oak isn't the only place to date. I never went to places that cost money and I always managed to earn all the earnable items I hope they bring them back cause these constant VIP and gig weekends aren't that great IMO
    Nisha300 wrote: »
    Dating events were the easiest and you didn't have to spend money on the dates oak isn't the only place to date. I never went to places that cost money and I always managed to earn all the earnable items I hope they bring them back cause these constant VIP and gig weekends aren't that great IMO

Yes and for some odd reason the V.I.P. & gig weekend events doesn't seem that enjoyable to me anymore. I actually enjoyed the dating weekend events since it was one of my favorites so far.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I love dating events. I mean, where else can I spend all those darn 4k Kash from gift boxes? Ok, other than gifting people (but everyone already has everything!).

I know a lot of you don't have the Kash, then actually if you think about it, it's like a regular gig event where you grind without spending Kash. Right?

Only thing I'd say about dating events is you can't really choose the how long your date lasts. I don't mind that at all, though.
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I love dating events. I mean, where else can I spend all those darn 4k Kash from gift boxes? Ok, other than gifting people (but everyone already has everything!).

I know a lot of you don't have the Kash, then actually if you think about it, it's like a regular gig event where you grind without spending Kash. Right?

Only thing I'd say about dating events is you can't really choose the how long your date lasts. I don't mind that at all, though.

It annoys me that how random the shorter or longer dates are on this game. I wish that someday Glu would actually change that and let us choose how long we want the dates to be.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG