Options

Weekend Event 11/26/15 ~ Black Friday 2015 Lollopalooza Extravaganza.

Comments

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I finally figured out what the hat reminds me of!

rvNmoV0.png
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    The downside to not doing well on the gigs......if you're working toward the huge payout acheivements where you get 10 Stars for 50 5 Star PhotoShoots. That's one example. THere's one for Fashion Shows, for film, for appearances, etc. So, that is encouragement enough for me to finish all gigs with 5Stars. If you've done 49, and the 50th is a 4 star.......you're back at zero for that accomplishmsnt.

And, I've just heard from Glu, the prices in the wardrobe that were wrong, have been corrected now.

Enjoy the Event. I'm taking a break, tired, and I have to plan the rest of my spending.

I just bought more stars. When you add the discounte for stars, and the 50% sale on wardrobe items, the price cut is phenomenal. I am just saddened that the baby clothes and hair isn't included in the 50%. Bummer.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts
    The downside to not doing well on the gigs......if you're working toward the huge payout acheivements where you get 10 Stars for 50 5 Star PhotoShoots. That's one example. THere's one for Fashion Shows, for film, for appearances, etc. So, that is encouragement enough for me to finish all gigs with 5Stars. If you've done 49, and the 50th is a 4 star.......you're back at zero for that accomplishmsnt.

And, I've just heard from Glu, the prices in the wardrobe that were wrong, have been corrected now.

Enjoy the Event. I'm taking a break, tired, and I have to plan the rest of my spending.

I just bought more stars. When you add the discounte for stars, and the 50% sale on wardrobe items, the price cut is phenomenal. I am just saddened that the baby clothes and hair isn't included in the 50%. Bummer.

Yes, I was expecting a discount 50% for babies clothes and hair, but it wasn't I only have 2 hairs for the boys and 1 for the girl. I was hoping to buy them more clothes also
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
  • Options
    Jamidream wrote: »
    So excited for this event! This may sound silly....but here goes...

Even though I don't post very much and you may not recognize me, I am on here a lot. I am THANKFUL for all of you and the joy this game and all of you bring to my life. Wishing you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hi Jamidream. It's lovely to see you here.

HT_zpssh3ocopz.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

I know. I'm sad too. I was really looking forward to buy my doll's babies clothing for a cheaper price but it sucks that it isn't included for the Black Friday sale.😢😭
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Thank you so much you save the day (or weekend)!

I don't even know why they bother to make gigs for VIP events ... they always get in the way instead of helping. For the first time I'll let it go and don't do these gigs.

I think that gigs that are related to the V.I.P. events should be excluded because it doesn't serve any purpose to me at all. It doesn't give any event points since V.I.P. events are an requirement to spend kstars for the earn able items.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options

Oh nuuu. What about those of us who have, er, sort of bought almost everything already :/
  • Options
    Well, make a list of what you overpaid, do you have screenshots? I wanted to keep track for myself, so I did that. I bought the jacket and that shirt for all three games.

And, the reason why I just plunge through the gigs, is because with a gig waiting, I can't get Simon to call with anything else. How do you guys escape it?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Koko you have to finish all your storyline gigs or have a NPC waiting for you to Simon start to call you offering gigs, he won't call you if you have a gig with the 'available soon' status...
    I think that gigs that are related to the V.I.P. events should be excluded because it doesn't serve any purpose to me at all. It doesn't give any event points since V.I.P. events are an requirement to spend kstars for the earn able items.

If they put some prizes at the end , as they already did few times, I'm ok with it, but since was confirmed that this weekend there is nothing, yeah no purpose at all!

Few extra k-stars that compensates all te energy that we spend or give a chance to get one more free box would be a cool reward for completing these gigs, are you listening Glu Gods?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »

If they put some prizes at the end , as they already did few times, I'm ok with it, but since was confirmed that this weekend there is nothing, yeah no purpose at all!

Few extra k-stars that compensates all te energy that we spend or give a chance to get one more free box would be a cool reward for completing these gigs, are you listening Glu Gods?

I love your idea. I think that you should add it to the suggestion thread.👍
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey everyone :) I've only just got home and had a quick read through the party thread. It looks like everyone is enjoying the event! I knew Glu would come through for us!

I think this may be the 2nd ever VIP event that I will complete... The 1st and only other time was this exact time last year on the first Black Friday event!!!! I can't wait to get that jumpsuit. I want it irl too lol.

For those of you celebrating Thanksgivings, happy holidays! And best wishes to every single one of you here :) I came across this pic I thought you might appreciate
    712736C8-8418-4B84-A195-FC76E0404A10_zpsj7o6hkr8.jpg
    That's definitely how I feel after Christmas dinner, anyway lol!!!
    This is Sophie, one of my fur babies I think she resembles the kitty in that pic :)
    E0CF9FCF-284C-4EEA-9DD5-BE9BA496128A_zpsqauhbok8.jpg

I'm up so early in the morning so I'm going to sleep! I can't wait to be off this weekend for the Black Friday fun :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    Hey everyone :) I've only just got home and had a quick read through the party thread. It looks like everyone is enjoying the event! I knew Glu would come through for us!

I think this may be the 2nd ever VIP event that I will complete... The 1st and only other time was this exact time last year on the first Black Friday event!!!! I can't wait to get that jumpsuit. I want it irl too lol.

For those of you celebrating Thanksgivings, happy holidays! And best wishes to every single one of you here :) I came across this pic I thought you might appreciate
    712736C8-8418-4B84-A195-FC76E0404A10_zpsj7o6hkr8.jpg
    That's definitely how I feel after Christmas dinner, anyway lol!!!
    This is Sophie, one of my fur babies I think she resembles the kitty in that pic :)
    E0CF9FCF-284C-4EEA-9DD5-BE9BA496128A_zpsqauhbok8.jpg

I'm up so early in the morning so I'm going to sleep! I can't wait to be off this weekend for the Black Friday fun :)

Omg thats so me up there i'm still so full!
  • Options
    Well, make a list of what you overpaid, do you have screenshots? I wanted to keep track for myself, so I did that.

Nope! I wish! Then I'd be able to figure out how much it all cost, too. I dove in fully trusting and spending myself silly...
    And, the reason why I just plunge through the gigs, is because with a gig waiting, I can't get Simon to call with anything else. How do you guys escape it?

Simon calls as soon as I complete a gig, if the next gigs are hours away. I usually have to change screens first before the phone rings. Just go in and out of the wardrobe, a house, or to a new city.

AmyT: Sophie is cuuuute!
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Oh nuuu. What about those of us who have, er, sort of bought almost everything already :/

LOL...You are my soul sister. I also went ahead and bought everything I wanted even though I was annoyed by Glu's terrible math.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Screenshot_2015-11-26-18-58-06_zps6jpfpj7i.jpg

Screenshot_2015-11-26-19-00-00_zpsbkuvo6en.jpg[

I felt like the Lucky goodness was on my side today :cool:
  • Options
    I tried to take screenshots, because with 3 games, it's impossible to keep track, and when it's over, I would sit there and try to figure out just what I got for all those stars. And my point is, I get Simon to call with no problem. But when I have a gig ready, that is all he offers me. I did try and not go meet Khloe yet. I'll see if that holds off the timed events.

And Lckynicki, you were lcky today nicki. :) Congratulations.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    So cool that you can gift your friends at 50% off too! But with buying a few houses/pets, and some clothes etc., I don't have very many stars left.
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    While over my family's house for the holiday I spent a good amount of time looking through my closet to decide what remaining k-stars to spend and if I wanted to buy $5 worth as well.

cbnc-jkh_zpsscbkf7go.png

I love all of these tops and was literal seconds from buying the first one - it's so OTT opulent - before discovering/realizing the hole in the rendering/back. Ack! Why no jacket lining?!

cbnc-tes_zpsom6d9wds.png

I actually like this shirt but even at 35 stars it feels overpriced, especially with a similar jacket/top combination available for cheaper:

cbnc-jrpj_zps8hx2qxsd.png

I'm also debating 3 pairs of jeans. I definitely want them all but do I really need similar colored jean versions to pants I have? Perhaps, as I've noticed more how low the crotch on said k-kash pants actually are. hmm.....
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Andrzej I love that hair on your doll.

You're right...and the jacket on the left seems to have a missing space to the right of the right leg also. The space between their knees, I guess could be explained by a split hem in back? Kind of like tuxedo tails have, maybe? Although I see what you mean.
  • Options
    pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    I'm so bummed, I've opened SOOOoooooo many boxes and despite winning back a ton of kstars so I could keep opening them.... the hair wasn't in any of the 10 sets that I opened. ***. It's all I wanted b/c I cut off all my hair and I want more short options *cries loudly* oh well at least hairstyles are 50% off too so I can buy the short cut I've been eyeing.
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • Options
    Yes, but the one on the left does seems weird. A few NPCs in my game wear that. I'll try a few photobooth pics with them and see how I missed it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I finally figured out what the hat reminds me of!

rvNmoV0.png

omg, all I think of before was a pilgrim hat but now that's all i'll see lol!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I've spent a bit over 300 k-stars. I hate the short hair with the hat, but I figure I might as well take advantage of the 50% off sale and get some items I've had my eye on. Stocked up on a lot of JL bags (I know some people here don't like them but I LOVE them!) as well as some Karl items. It's too bad I can't afford to buy 300 more K-stars because I love the earnable jumpsuit. Oh well!

Oh and I won the black hoop earrings in the only gift box I opened, which I am beyond happy with. Love black accessories. :)
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I've spent a bit over 300 k-stars. I hate the short hair with the hat, but I figure I might as well take advantage of the 50% off sale and get some items I've had my eye on. Stocked up on a lot of JL bags (I know some people here don't like them but I LOVE them!) as well as some Karl items. It's too bad I can't afford to buy 300 more K-stars because I love the earnable jumpsuit. Oh well!

Oh and I won the black hoop earrings in the only gift box I opened, which I am beyond happy with. Love black accessories. :)
    Yeah. The jumpsuit is great but the hair really isn't. I bought lots of stuff anyway because everything is half price. ;)
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Hey all, we don't celebrate in my country but Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate!
    I was so busy yesterday, even after work so I still haven't bought anything! Talk about self control lol The truth is I had a date night with my girls and we went to X Factor! We had a blast! I will buy smth today, and I'm still thinking about some items whether to buy it or not lol

2ezik4i.jpg
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    I tried to take screenshots, because with 3 games, it's impossible to keep track, and when it's over, I would sit there and try to figure out just what I got for all those stars. And my point is, I get Simon to call with no problem. But when I have a gig ready, that is all he offers me. I did try and not go meet Khloe yet. I'll see if that holds off the timed events.

And Lckynicki, you were lcky today nicki. :) Congratulations.

Thanks koko!
  • Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    I'm not sure if this was already posted but getting 5 stars on parties gives you a 1 Kstar.
    Sophie
  • Options

Congrats! I'm so glad that you won the black earrings. I know you're always hoping for silver accessories but black is a great option for so much of the Kardashian wardrobe.

I also hate the short bob with fedora. It reminds me of some 90s era actress but I can't figure out who. Someone posted Debbie Gibson, which is close. But this actress had that same short bob with the exaggerated curl under.

I've enjoyed the 50% off sale... A lot. LOL. Plus Ali posted a link for 15% off iTunes gift cards if you bought them through PayPal. I bought a few so that I can stock up on k stars while they are giving out 20% more. I had already purchased several Lieber bags because I thought they would only be available for a month. I was more patient with the Lagerfeld items and bought everything yesterday for 50% off.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Yes! In total agreement, Holly.

Some things I always thought were just too expensive and I didn't want them badly enough, or had something similar enough it was easy to pass by. But at half price? Suddenly things are a lot more appealing...

I think I got all of the shoes, and all but 2 of the hair, and a few in the jewelry. Stars still add up even at half price, so I skipped most.

It's fun and it's not fattening. Can't say that about too many things! Lol

Which two hairstyles did you pass on?

These are the only two I didn't buy.

2512EA92-F65A-4467-9A1D-24BD62CE41CC_zpss21pejc1.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Yay! I finished the event! 2nd time finishing a VIP... As I mentioned in the fashion thread, the only other time was this time last year when I got my little Pomeranian in the bag :)

I feel bad, I drove down to see ny sister after work (1hr and a half lol!) she drowned me in prosecco when I arrived. We were planning Christmas Day, we have lots of family ascending on her house that day and it's the 1st Christmas dinner she's cooked!

The reason I feel bad, I left her in the dining room finishing the last drink so I could check on my Kkh doll! Madison wanted the jumpsuit, I bought the upgraded engagement ring with an impulse purchase! Yay! I feel proper guilty I told my sister I needed a lay down. Omg!

Night, guys! Xoxo
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai