Weekend Event 11/26/15 ~ Black Friday 2015 Lollopalooza Extravaganza.

Comments

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    Yay! I finished the event! 2nd time finishing a VIP... As I mentioned in the fashion thread, the only other time was this time last year when I got my little Pomeranian in the bag :)

I feel bad, I drove down to see ny sister after work (1hr and a half lol!) she drowned me in prosecco when I arrived. We were planning Christmas Day, we have lots of family ascending on her house that day and it's the 1st Christmas dinner she's cooked!

The reason I feel bad, I left her in the dining room finishing the last drink so I could check on my Kkh doll! Madison wanted the jumpsuit, I bought the upgraded engagement ring with an impulse purchase! Yay! I feel proper guilty I told my sister I needed a lay down. Omg!

Night, guys! Xoxo

I totally lie to my family and sneak onto KKH too. I'm almost 43 years old and I can't own up to playing a "silly" fashion game. If my Mom knew how much real money I've spent on this game... She might try to have me committed. LOL. I know it's none of their business and I can do whatever I want with my time & money but my family would NEVER stop teasing me if they knew about Dixie.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    V
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I totally lie to my family and sneak onto KKH too. I'm almost 43 years old and I can't own up to playing a "silly" fashion game. If my Mom knew how much real money I've spent on this game... She might try to have me committed. LOL. I know it's none of their business and I can do whatever I want with my time & money but my family would NEVER stop teasing me if they knew about Dixie.

LOL holly, I get you there :) my housemate/best friend knows about my Kkh doll (however, maybe not that I play daily... Including checking on Madison on my lunch hour!).

I think it's good though, I may be still a party animal, but I've calmed down the last 2 years. I still go clubbing, but instead of going out 3 nights, I go out 2 and play Kkh! Does that make any sense? I hope so! I spoke to Koko one time (I'm sure she won't mind me repeating this!) but our Kkh dolls are like barbies for adults :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

Lol Holly I know that it's quite embarrassing but then again you don't want your family to know about your KKH addiction.

I actually asked my mother today for a Christmas gift. I said to her that I want a Google Play gift card since I'm so tired of getting money for Christmas every year. She asked me what are you gonna do with a gift card. I've been considering to use a Google Play gift card for KKH but I'm too embarrassed to tell her that it's for KKH. She knows that I play KKH everyday and she hates the fact that I'm seriously addicted to this game. Maybe I should ask my aunt instead lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Which two hairstyles did you pass on?

These are the only two I didn't buy.

2512EA92-F65A-4467-9A1D-24BD62CE41CC_zpss21pejc1.jpg

I did not buy the one on the left. I'm not terribly fond of any of the hat hairs either but wound up buying them in case some future outfit would set them off perfectly. Because, who knows. But first, I got all the other ones I have had a fond eye on.

I did not buy a cornrow braid hair. Not the one from a recent event (I think??) but this one is tighter and closer to the head. Just did not suit my doll, neither did the shaved head with bangs or whatever that one on the left is.

Some hairdos look great on some hair colors and just not, in others. I think the 2 I didn't pick are in those categories, for my doll.

I edited this post to add the pix of the 2 hairdos I did not buy. I even bought the wedding hairdos, but these, I hated how they looked on my doll. I emphasize, on MY doll, because I've seen the same 'dos look meh on one doll and fantastic in the next doll, over and over again. Something for everybody.

snLTsZG.png

g3jJAUg.png

OvlbY2D.png
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    omg, all I think of before was a pilgrim hat but now that's all i'll see lol!

LOL!

I thought of a pilgrim too, though, when I first saw it. I wonder if that's why they included it.
    AmyT wrote: »

I spoke to Koko one time (I'm sure she won't mind me repeating this!) but our Kkh dolls are like barbies for adults :)

I agree with your statement. Our dolls are the adult version of Barbie.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm having so much fun grinding k-stars at this event!

Just bought the teal hair color and a goatee for 15 k-stars, now I have more variability to play, not that I'm fan of those but couldn't pass the opportunity!

I chalenge myself to reach X amounts of k-stars so everytime I do that I can buy something lol Grinding like crazy!

I had an amazing Barbie collection when I was a kid! My Barbies always have a good time with my action figures...bishes! Fun times!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm having so much fun grinding k-stars at this event!

Just bought the teal hair color and a goatee for 15 k-stars, now I have more variability to play, not that I'm fan of those but couldn't pass the opportunity!

I chalenge myself to reach X amounts of k-stars so everytime I do that I can buy something lol Grinding like crazy!

I had an amazing Barbie collection when I was a kid! My Barbies always have a good time with my action figures...bishes! Fun times!

Was the teal hair color 50% off? I've been trying to grind too but this is a busy family long weekend for me.

I loved loved loved my Barbies. I could play with them for hours. I eventually had to hide that play too though because my friends got "too old" for Barbies and I still wanted to play.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I had no one to play dolls with since I don't have a sister but I had so much fun even on my own! I still have all my dolls in a suitcase in my room :o

Do you guys still keep them?
    PM to add
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I had no one to play dolls with since I don't have a sister but I had so much fun even on my own! I still have all my dolls in a suitcase in my room :o

Naiii me too. I'm an only child and I always played on my own. I have so many Barbies, house with furniture, cars.. I still keep them. Granny used to make them clothes, I choose the material and the model and she sewed it. We've had so much fun.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts

I don't keep my dolls I just give them to my little cousins :p
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
    Naiii me too. I'm an only child and I always played on my own. I have so many Barbies, house with furniture, cars.. I still keep them. Granny used to make them clothes, I choose the material and the model and she sewed it. We've had so much fun.

I'm not an only child but, my brothers aren't interested in my games. I am interested in their games though lol. Omg yes new handmade clothes, except it was my helper who sewed for me. I even had a little diary to keep all the profile of my dolls haha! Did you ever cut your doll's hair? I did and even "dyed" her blonde hair with pink markers. Memories!
    PM to add
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Was the teal hair color 50% off? I've been trying to grind too but this is a busy family long weekend for me.

I loved loved loved my Barbies. I could play with them for hours. I eventually had to hide that play too though because my friends got "too old" for Barbies and I still wanted to play.

Yep it is! Just 5 k-stars!

That sucks! I know how things work, but nobody should feel bad about something that you like!

My grandma also used to do clothes for my dolls!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!

Yes Naims somewhere in storage is my suitcase filled with Barbies...I loved them. I also had Kens and the little kids. I even wrote and drew stories about them, and comic books. I had to have a lot of imagination because I was alone a lot too.

But on the good side, I learned to entertain myself and be self sufficient in a lot of ways.

My grandmas didn't sew (to other posts) but I once was visiting a little friend's house and her mama saw I brought my Barbie and it didn't have a gown so she sewed me one before I left! I have never forgotten that kind deed.

Which were your favorite ones Naims (or anyone.)

I totally agree this is our adult version of Barbie or paper dolls and I won't feel shamed for it by anyone...I don't care. It is very relaxing. Coloring books for adults are also trending btw!
    I'm not an only child but, my brothers aren't interested in my games. I am interested in their games though lol. Omg yes new handmade clothes, except it was my helper who sewed for me. I even had a little diary to keep all the profile of my dolls haha! Did you ever cut your doll's hair? I did and even "dyed" her blonde hair with pink markers. Memories!

Oh Naims...we must be sisters from another mister. Lol

My first Barbie ever, which might be worth a pretty penny today...I was upset that there were no 'black Barbies' and so I colored her skin with a marker. I didn't cut any of their hair, but it really bothered me, as a kid, there was only one type of Barbie. Back then that was weird, today it would be totally normal to think about that. I had seen a little girl holding a Barbie and when I got home, I asked why there were no Barbies that looked like her. No one knew and that made me upset. I was a weird child :p

But I got in trouble for marking the Barbie, although I liked her. For a while I got only the store brand fake Barbies after that.

When I was growing up, I played with my Barbies and my brother played with his action figures. We played our toys together as siblings.

I don't have my Barbies anymore. I think that I gave them away.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

PolkaDot wrote: »

My first Barbie ever, which might be worth a pretty penny today...I was upset that there were no 'black Barbies' and so I colored her skin with a marker. I didn't cut any of their hair, but it really bothered me, as a kid, there was only one type of Barbie. Back then that was weird, today it would be totally normal to think about that. I had seen a little girl holding a Barbie and when I got home, I asked why there were no Barbies that looked like her. No one knew and that made me upset. I was a weird child :p

But I got in trouble for marking the Barbie, although I liked her. For a while I got only the store brand fake Barbies after that.

I remember when I was a child I always played with a typical Barbie with blonde hair & blue eyes. It never bothered me that I never played with a black Barbie before. But I think today, even for the younger generation there are so many Barbies with different ethnicities & cultures. I'm following the official Barbie Facebook page so I see the diversity of the Barbie dolls in there.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I did not buy the one on the left. I'm not terribly fond of any of the hat hairs either but wound up buying them in case some future outfit would set them off perfectly. Because, who knows. But first, I got all the other ones I have had a fond eye on.

I did not buy a cornrow braid hair. Not the one from a recent event (I think??) but this one is tighter and closer to the head. Just did not suit my doll, neither did the shaved head with bangs or whatever that one on the left is.

Some hairdos look great on some hair colors and just not, in others. I think the 2 I didn't pick are in those categories, for my doll.

I edited this post to add the pix of the 2 hairdos I did not buy. I even bought the wedding hairdos, but these, I hated how they looked on my doll. I emphasize, on MY doll, because I've seen the same 'dos look meh on one doll and fantastic in the next doll, over and over again. Something for everybody.

snLTsZG.png

g3jJAUg.png

OvlbY2D.png

The hairstyle that cost 20 kstars is starting to grow on me. I think that I will purchase it for my doll.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    No dolls or action figures (broke them all) but I still have my stuffed toys. Some are from a limited edition collection, love them. :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Oh yes Dot, those little kids!! I know I had only 1 or 2 guys and... yeah the girls always fought for them, in my barbie world. I know right, I also colored one of my doll's skin to represent one of my best friend. Wait, what? You got in trouble?

I just remembered something similar between barbie dolls and KKH, their feet. Always in tip toe position. But it was so much fun wearing all the shoes.

I've heard of the coloring book called Secret Garden, rather popular. I loved coloring.
    PM to add
    The hairstyle that cost 20 kstars is starting to grow on me. I think that I will purchase it for my doll.

I looooove that hair, I believe I bought it immediately during the next VIP event after it came out.
    PM to add
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts

I remember when I was a child I always played with a typical Barbie with blonde hair & blue eyes. It never bothered me that I never played with a black Barbie before. But I think today, even for the younger generation there are so many Barbies with different ethnicities & cultures. I'm following the official Barbie Facebook page so I see the diversity of the Barbie dolls in there.

Yes, agreed. I'm an adult collector myself - never being allowed to have them as a child - and Mattel really took notice of how Monster High's diversity led to success and this year I've spent more on Barbies then I did even when I first started collecting. I even took a photo of some of this year's releases last night:

tumblr_nyhyvnQv9e1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

All of them were under/around $10 too and there's more that I want to find/buy of what we saw. Thank goodness Barbie is taking notice. Now, if only they'd also bring this diversity to the starring roles in their annual movies for the franchise. Hopefully soon!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Charli wrote: »
    No dolls or action figures (broke them all) but I still have my stuffed toys. Some are from a limited edition collection, love them. :p

I played with stuffed animals growing up too. Ah memories! This conversation is making me miss my fun childhood.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Charli wrote: »

Those broken arms and legs lol! We're always twisting them in unthinkable ways!
    PM to add
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Yes, agreed. I'm an adult collector myself - never being allowed to have them as a child - and Mattel really took notice of how Monster High's diversity led to success and this year I've spent more on Barbies then I did even when I first started collecting. I even took a photo of some of this year's releases last night:

tumblr_nyhyvnQv9e1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

All of them were under/around $10 too and there's more that I want to find/buy of what we saw. Thank goodness Barbie is taking notice. Now, if only they'd also bring this diversity to the starring roles in their annual movies for the franchise. Hopefully soon!

Omg I love your Barbie collection!
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• SukiSuki Registered Users 111 Posts
    First time I've finished a VIP event! I've been saving my k-stars pretty much all year (I don't buy then and I stopped getting free videos for at least 6 months). I got 40 k-stars in my free gift box which took me up to 500. So I went a massive shopping spree! I've ended up with 18 new items which I'm stoked about (including that short hair a few of you were discussing a couple of pages ago). I've posted a list and photos in the fashion thread :)

Anywho, back to the off-task topic. I loved Barbies. I was one of those kids that played with them for longer than you were 'supposed' to. I was so annoyed when my mum got rid of them without telling me.
    Yes Naims somewhere in storage is my suitcase filled with Barbies...I loved them. I also had Kens and the little kids. I even wrote and drew stories about them, and comic books. I had to have a lot of imagination because I was alone a lot too.

But on the good side, I learned to entertain myself and be self sufficient in a lot of ways.

My grandmas didn't sew (to other posts) but I once was visiting a little friend's house and her mama saw I brought my Barbie and it didn't have a gown so she sewed me one before I left! I have never forgotten that kind deed.

Which were your favorite ones Naims (or anyone.)

I totally agree this is our adult version of Barbie or paper dolls and I won't feel shamed for it by anyone...I don't care. It is very relaxing. Coloring books for adults are also trending btw!

Omg I remembered when I was a child my parents used to buy my brother & I McDonald's happy meal. I used to have the mini Barbies and my brother have the mini Ken dolls haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Suki wrote: »
    First time I've finished a VIP event! I've been saving my k-stars pretty much all year (I don't buy then and I stopped getting free videos for at least 6 months). I got 40 k-stars in my free gift box which took me up to 500. So I went a massive shopping spree! I've ended up with 18 new items which I'm stoked about (including that short hair a few of you were discussing a couple of pages ago). I've posted a list and photos in the fashion thread :)

Anywho, back to the off-task topic. I loved Barbies. I was one of those kids that played with them for longer than you were 'supposed' to. I was so annoyed when my mum got rid of them without telling me.

Omg I thought that I was a strange person that has self-control for my kstars. I guess that I'm not the only one then.😎

I used to play with Barbies when I was a child. When I got older, I lost interest of keeping my collection and gave them away.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

We moved so much that a lot of my Barbies were lost after I stopped playing with them. I still have some, perhaps a third of my collection. I could play with them for hours all by myself. I had a Ken and a GI Joe and lots of ladies. I was always losing their shoes! Those high heels drove me crazy.
    I had a huge collection of stuffed animals. Those are all gone except the pot bellied bear who I slept with for years and years. My mom had him professionally restored about 10 years ago and surprised me at Christmas.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I am absolutely in love with this new short hairstyle.

D9753133-AFB8-4CC5-A92A-C22C260A46D1_zpshbcet3lz.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS