Weekend Event 12/11/15 ~ Celebrate the Festival of Lights with Love, It's a Date! :)

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

We started Celebrating with Kim's birthday, which swept us up into Halloween.
Next came Thanksgiving, but the season is far from over.

So this Party Event Thread, will respectfully celebrate, learn and enjoy the custom of
Hanukkah.
NoStarHappyHanukkah_zps3cpivzlp.gif

Taking the colors Blue and White from the Zionist Flag, adding the Gold from the symbollism of the Dreidel, Blue,white, and silver and Gold have come to be the colors of the celebrations.

Being Irish Catholic through and through, I didn't know much about Judaism when I was smaller.
My first knowledge came from Preschool. One afternoon when I was about 3, the family Priest came by to visit my Grandmother. She dressed me up, and showed me off. I proudly asked if the Father wanted to hear a song I'd learned in Nursery School, and proceeded to sing the Dreidle song.
After that came my introduction to the other customs through friends, but I am not knowledgeable.
Amy T has put together something much better than I could, setting the stage for our Celebrating Members to share their stories, customs or just take center stage. I know isabeau and GemeniHeV will be sharing.

So, as we wait for the Event, I leave you with this, and the image of a little girl believing the whole world should celebrate everyone's everything. At least I'm told that's what I told the Priest.
Happy Hanukkah!

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456716

Comments

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah!

The holidays during December is a time of many religious celebrations. On the forum, we all talk about Santa Claus, and Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer, but they are just the tip of the frosty iceberg! Religions (and atheists too, who celebrate the Winter Solstice) come together to celebrate their own wildly different variations on the end of the year, and the ushering in of the new.

These celebrations often have different names; but from Hopi Indians (Soyal) to African-Americans (Kwanzaa), from Buddhists (Bodhi Day) to Pagans (Yule), from Christians to Aborigines, this is a wonderful time of the year for cultures to emerge and communities to come together in peace and love.

Right now, Hanukkah (a.k.a. Chanukah and “Feast of Dedication”) is well underway. This week, we invite you to celebrate The Festival of Lights with your KKH family and friends and let our little virtual community come together.

Let’s decorate this thread with a Festival of Lights theme, cook up and offer your favourite dishes which draw on Hanukkah traditions. These could include, for instance, fried foods (to memorialise the oil of the candles) such as potato pancakes (known as latkes) and cheese products etc…

Oh, don’t forget the music! That’s essential. Can anyone get the party mood going?

Tonight is the 4th night of Hanukkah, and so, 5 candles are already lit, including the shamash.
    menorah4.gif

Tomorrow night we can all light the next candle together continuing with the nights following on - it would be great for any of us to each night post a (maybe authentic, if not googled…) pic showing the next branch lit, until on Monday, the last night, all 9 candles on the menorah will be lit. Since our KKH family is worldwide, any forum member can light a candle as the sun sets their time.

Share your stories, get together with your KKH family and let’s celebrate Hanukkah. You don’t have to bring a dreidel (or be Jewish), only yourself and some good cheer in your heart! Let’s make this weekend one to remember :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    image_zpsaeywtpgr.png

They're that good. These aren't mine, but I'm seriously thinking of making some now, despite it being 10pm! My guy is Jewish, so we celebrate everything. Oh, the food my mother-in-law made! Bliss.

image_zpshkbcjk3y.png
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Mmmmmm, Luz they look delicious. My best friend in 4-7th grade introduced me to Bagels and Lox, I attended 3 Bas Mitzvahs in one month, and decided these catered affairs were better than anything I ever experienced in a birthday party. Communion and Confirmation were family affairs at home. I love the simple but yummy matzoh brei, and learned how to cook it, excellent chicken soup, and chopped chicken liver while dating my first serious boyfriend. :) which brings me to the Love portion of the thread title. I hear from players Russian contacts, that Love is in the air. A Dating Event.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Luz those look delicious! Now I want to make latkes. I have a bag of potatoes just sitting around, so maybe I will!
    My other favorite Hanukkah food is kugel, kind of a noodle casserole I guess? And also french toast made with challah bread! Give me all the carbs! lol

Kugel:
    FN_noodle-kugel-011_s4x3.jpg

Stuffed French Toast made with Challah bread:
    stuffed-french-toast_sheri-giblin.jpg

Here is my doll heading out to a family dinner:
    12341308_1721711228060602_8793520770735868216_n.jpg?oh=624be05948e2ad3d60f6dab9ac7e7080&oe=56DD22CB
    iOS
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    The food is good stuff, that's for sure!

Happy Hanukkah to all those who celebrate...there are probably plenty reading this who haven't posted on the forums yet, for various reasons. *waves to you*

Enjoy the holidays.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I love that we are honoring a variety of holidays. When I was in college I was on a speech team and we had a lot of diversity. My rookie year Our team Captain was Jewish and we came to the team room every evening for him to the light the menorah. We had Southern Baptists, Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, etc and we respected and supported each other's beliefs.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Oh wow, great post Amy!

Here's my weekly champagne dose for the party :)

34ycwzo.jpg

I need to find a receipe for those latkes, I love everything that's made from potato!
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah.

I learn a lot from this forum. Food is awesome! That kugel looks appetizing.
    PM to add
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah!! I'll dress my doll & baby for a cute celebration photo later! I hope all of hose celebrating have a wonderful Hanukkah!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Welcome everyone! Here is more delicious food for our Hanukkah feast:

Smoked salmon appetizers:
    FNM_010111-Bobbys-Brunch-015_s4x3.jpg.rend.snigalleryslide.jpeg

Matzoh ball soup
    FNM_040112-WE-Dinners-008_s4x3.jpg.rend.snigalleryslide.jpeg

Beef Brisket!
    FN_Braised-Brisket-With-Root-Vegetables_s4x3.jpg.rend.snigalleryslide.jpeg
    CCADO207_Brisket-With-Parsnips-Leeks-and-Green-Onions-Recipe_s4x3.jpg.rend.snigalleryslide.jpeg

And for the sweet tooth...jelly filled donuts!
    hanukkah-dessert.jpg

Don't forget the Hanukkah gelt! Money is a traditional Hanukkah gift, and chocolate coins are representative of that, and often given to children for Hanukkah. I grew up in a multi-cultural family, and we even received Hanukkah gelt in our Christmas stockings! haha

chanukah-gelt-chocolate-coins-128827-im.jpg
    iOS
    Amazing food, Ali!

Beef is my fav meat, those look sooooooo yummy. I'm waiting for my non-beef dinner, so I guess dinner wouldn't taste as good now lol.

And those chocolate coins! I received those a lot for a different festive occasion when I was younger!
    PM to add
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah!

The food is amazing! I'll have everything. And the coins too. :D
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    And those chocolate coins! I received those a lot for a different festive occasion when I was younger!

I'm the youngest in our family, the spoiled one. I still get these coins and everything for the kids. :D

Charli wrote: »
    I'm the youngest in our family, the spoiled one. I still get these coins and everything for the kids. :D

I'm the youngest too, but my chocolate coins has evolved to notes lol :p
    PM to add

Hanukkah is celebrated for 8 days, so.....here's a cute twist on the old Beatles song. She is so cute, I would set her up with my Baba in a heartbeat. They could play Uke together. :)

21 Hours about, till Go Time. The thing that I don't understand...Love is in the Air was a big thing done back in February? for Valentines Day. I don't recall them ever calling 2 events by the same name. I guess we'll know when the clothes cards are released. :)

And S_Afrin, your post has been moved to this thread
    In General Discussion, it's all about talking about the game, and sharing photos. We have a special section for people looking for friends to play with. :) Feel Free to stay here and party and talk with us, but friend requests go elsewhere.

Welcome to the Forum, :) Just saw you already posted there for friends. Go to your post there and you'll see I left some suggestions. But we'd love to have you here, getting to know the members and just having fun. We love posting screenshots - check out the fashion threads too.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah guys!

Hope we get a great event this weekend!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Amazing food, Ali!

Beef is my fav meat, those look sooooooo yummy. I'm waiting for my non-beef dinner, so I guess dinner wouldn't taste as good now lol.

I love beef brisket!!! And well, all beef. Yum!

I also love the chocolate coins. I've receive them in my stocking every year.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Vats wrote: »
    Happy Hanukkah guys!

Hope we get a great event this weekend!

Someone said rumors is it's dating, haven't had that in a looong time!

Jax loves dating events, but... yeah okay Xan has some men hunting to do now.
    PM to add
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Someone said rumors is it's dating, haven't had that in a looong time!

I'm excited for a date event!

This kind of event always give a boost on Vats&Bort top couple list position. Now they are between 30-33 positions, last event I was able to reach #14.

Every new milestone we reach we receive k-stars and I never get the ones of the top 10!

And since I'm always couting my k-stars, that helps a lot!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Kate's second husband asked for a divorce last weekend so I had to look for another guy for my doll yesterday. It's not like she needs a husband because she already has 2 kids but I guess she'll be married to husband number 3 in a few days if it's really a dating event.
    I'm never good at planning for these events. lol. Way back, before the 1st baby, there was a dating event. I kept getting 8 hour dates with my hubby. So I got the bright idea to date npcs. I must have dated 20 different NPCs, because they were coming up with 1 hour dates. I thought I was sooooooooooo smahht (like Fredo) then the following monday came 20 break up calls. One after the other, all day long. lol. and THEN......to ad insult to injury, baby's were added, but since I'd been stepping out on my hubby........I would have had enough points for a natural baby, but noooooooooo I had to buy one. lol. So, if you hear me talking strategy during events.....don't bank on my advice. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Ready for the teasers?
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Ready for the teasers?

Oh god, yes! Do you have some right now? Do it, do it!

There you have it

2dirb7b.jpg
    2d1e02.jpg
    2n6agn.jpg

Ooooh. Yay! I want those! <All the things. Though your doll seems to be pants-less in the gift box picture!> Thanks Kate!!!

It's long-coat weekend, apparently!

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Wow! Thank you, Kate! You're the best :)

Omg, ear****s! I just bought a black pair irl the other day haha.

So looking forward to a dating event!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    I can't be happier tbh. I'm in love with the earner items and... Holiday gift boxes! Ahhh. A birthday treat for me :p My b-day is on 13th and I'm planning to keep my doll stylish and warm in this coat and headphones while I'm partying with my friends :o

You are welcome girls!
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Though your doll seems to be pants-less in the gift box picture!

Not mine! I'm just reposting those screenshots. I'm too lazy to hack anything lol

• ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Ooh the earners are cute!!! Finally I get hair that wont leave me broke! Aaaww... I guess Glu does give a f**** , even just a little itty bit. Thanks, Glu!
    GC: Zoë Strange
    Thanks Kate! Hoping there's an earnable hairstyle for the guys too this weekend.

And the daily gift boxes with special items, yay!

• ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    The earner items reminds me of Chanel #3 from Scream Queens LOL