VIP Membership - Grr Glu with your Androids!!

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
Now they advertise the VIP monthly thing with a daily reward!! Why can't they put this over on to iOS?! It's making me frustrated!!

Screenshot_2015-12-27-01-16-13_zpsoqjsc6ai.png
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Bobbie this isn't an Android thing, most of Android users don't get those offers. They're just testing that with new players, for now for whatever reason just new Android users get that, but if they decide to do that a thing I'm sure that everyone will get that!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    It's being tested on some Andoids, I believe from only the new games, but that iOS is excluded because there is an Apple issue with taking monthly payments, at least in the game. But, things are always in development, and what's available for just a few today might be all Androids next week, or all Apple players next month. You never know what they'll roll out. But they are not available for iOS because of the recurring payment thing. ;(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    It's being tested on some Andoids, I believe from only the new games, but that iOS is excluded because there is an Apple issue with taking monthly payments, at least in the game. But, things are always in development, and what's available for just a few today might be all Androids next week, or all Apple players next month. You never know what they'll roll out. But they are not available for iOS because of the recurring payment thing. ;(

Hmm. This one is new (level 8) but my other one on my tablet is level 21!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    Morning. 1st off...you are iOS so it is not available to any iOS players at this time, and it is offered to a select few android new games. Other than those 2 stipulations, it is a random thing. The program may be expanded in the future, but right now it's not available to everyone, and If it's offered to you, and you take it, we'd all love it if you come back and tell us all about it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Morning. 1st off...you are iOS so it is not available to any iOS players at this time, and it is offered to a select few android new games. Other than those 2 stipulations, it is a random thing. The program may be expanded in the future, but right now it's not available to everyone, and If it's offered to you, and you take it, we'd all love it if you come back and tell us all about it.

Yes, this game (my main) is iOS. Those other 2 I mentioned above are android games I play when my iOS game has gotten so boring I can't take it anymore. I just don't know why they can't offer something to iOS with that type of thing. Subscription can't be the problem because I have my magazines through Zinio and that all subscription and not operated by Apple and I've had it since the dawn of time. Im just not understanding why Glu is t working towards what the customers want rather then what we aren't happy about (and they aren't making a hose changes either). Just sad. I was hoping more people who wanted this would chime in, Glu would see that and as a result they would work on getting this for us. But my parents both got android tablets for Xmas and a trial download reveal the VIP deal so they are "fibbing" with the random BS. That's all. I'll say no more. Not trying to ruffle feathers.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Yes, this game (my main) is iOS. Those other 2 I mentioned above are android games I play when my iOS game has gotten so boring I can't take it anymore. I just don't know why they can't offer something to iOS with that type of thing. Subscription can't be the problem because I have my magazines through Zinio and that all subscription and not operated by Apple and I've had it since the dawn of time. Im just not understanding why Glu is t working towards what the customers want rather then what we aren't happy about (and they aren't making a hose changes either). Just sad. I was hoping more people who wanted this would chime in, Glu would see that and as a result they would work on getting this for us. But my parents both got android tablets for Xmas and a trial download reveal the VIP deal so they are "fibbing" with the random BS. That's all. I'll say no more. Not trying to ruffle feathers.

Koko: Ahhh, now I see.

Bobbie: They prob have exclusivity with Apple, for a whole boatload of reasons that make a lot of good sense; plus I'm sure there's prolly no good reason or incentive for Glu to go elsewhere. Personally, I'd prefer to stick with a widely known and reputable entity such as Apple, and the Internet is such a tangle of, well, *mess*, that I'd stick right where I am. I know that's just me but, I'm not a risk taker when it comes to dealing with my money or my electronics. (Hence I do NOT gamble at the Miraggio Grande--I lost a sh*tload of Kash there...never again! Heh.��)

Hm. Why did this post in the totally wrong place/wrong quote? Oh well!
    When it first rolled out it was random, based on location, device and other issues, and let's stress location. And it was for new players only. It was explained that it would be expanded as it went along, so now if both parents got it, it IS indeed an introductory offer, and I'm assuming both parents are in the same location, so that would tell me if was at least available in their location.

I check my StarShop everyday, and it's not available to me. So, to me, it's still random. Until it is across the board platform wize, I think I'll consider it random. Or at least till it's avail to me.

And, saying 'because other things can pay on iOS on a subsciption service, Glu is being dishonest....apples and oranges. You can't compare how one app works with how another app operates. Because my yahoo app offers translation, Epicurous (cooking thang) should too. I feel your frustration, but I have to disagree with some of your arguments.

On an emotional level, yeah, I want it, others get it and it's not fair. However, my intellect tells me things don't always work as they should, but that doesn't mean they won't work tomorrow. But to think Glu is just not giving what players want doesn't make sense. If they had the capability at this moment to offer the service to iOS players, they'd be offered in a heartbeat. Glu wants to increase profits. They wouldn't sit idly on a goldmine if they were able to offer it. Just saying.

But, I just read your giftbox issue is back, so I want to track that down and see what's going on with that. ;)

Now....back to topic about Vip and Android. Hm, I might merge this with the other VIP thread active around here.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Koko: Ahhh, now I see.

Bobbie: They prob have exclusivity with Apple, for a whole boatload of reasons that make a lot of good sense; plus I'm sure there's prolly no good reason or incentive for Glu to go elsewhere. Personally, I'd prefer to stick with a widely known and reputable entity such as Apple, and the Internet is such a tangle of, well, *mess*, that I'd stick right where I am. I know that's just me but, I'm not a risk taker when it comes to dealing with my money or my electronics. (Hence I do NOT gamble at the Miraggio Grande--I lost a sh*tload of Kash there...never again! Heh.��)

Hm. Why did this post in the totally wrong place/wrong quote? Oh well!

Ohhh Bobbie, sorry, I never saw this. Ok see, right now Apple only processes payments for, well at least KKH that I know of for sure. I know 'cause I spoke to a tech and also a manager at Apple. So I don't know if Glu can even work out any kind of a subscription service with them. Apple takes in-app purchase charges and Glu supplies the stars to us, Kim's Closet, etc.... But maybe they're not interested in the ability/opportunity to handle subscriptions within apps--that, I do not know.
    isabeau wrote: »
    Ohhh Bobbie, sorry, I never saw this. Ok see, right now Apple only processes payments for, well at least KKH that I know of for sure. I know 'cause I spoke to a tech and also a manager at Apple. So I don't know if Glu can even work out any kind of a subscription service with them. Apple takes in-app purchase charges and Glu supplies the stars to us, Kim's Closet, etc.... But maybe they're not interested in the ability/opportunity to handle subscriptions within apps--that, I do not know.

There's A LOT of apps with subscription services. Zinio is all magazines, iTunes Music app (pay monthly fee for 5 devices), You Tube Red, Beats Music, etc etc.. So it still makes no sense to me :(