Weekend Event 1/15/2016 ~ And We're Back/Can't Keep a Great Forum Down :)

Comments

• SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I'm not doing those gigs or any other. They can wait till Monday. I need kstars

Btw which house is the best for hangout?
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that TTemb! Thanks for the info!

Yeah I said this one milion times, but here we go again... Why they made those gigs on a VIP weekend? Just to hinder our progress to get K-stars, right?

Of course.
    PM to add
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Ended up finishing some 1 hour so chic shifts & made it to 40 stars. I bought a box, went for my usual spot and....

tumblr_o11zfcqz6q1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

tumblr_mnwjfyXmyl1stx91qo3_400.gif

I had planned to block out my whole of today so I could raise another 40 k-stars before tomorrow night if needed but I don't now so I guess I'll just finish the weekend's scheduled tasks?!

I'm just so surprised and grateful. This is my regular square and it only strikes gold every once in a while so it was a risk to go for it but thank heaven I did!!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Congrats Andrzej!! Now rock it.

xVqcKnt.gif
    PM to add
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Guuuyyyys! Is it just me or 5 stars dates give you kstars too ? I just went to 3 1-hour-long dates and got a kstar everytime!!

I wish I had known that dating & working at the stores lead to free K stars sooner. Friday morning I "won" 150 energy in the mystery boxes (yes - three 50 energy boxes...I wanted to scream!). I could have earned back a few of those lost k stars.

My dolls are dating & working all weekend long!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Ended up finishing some 1 hour so chic shifts & made it to 40 stars. I bought a box, went for my usual spot and....

tumblr_o11zfcqz6q1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

I had planned to block out my whole of today so I could raise another 40 k-stars before tomorrow night if needed but I don't now so I guess I'll just finish the weekend's scheduled tasks?!

I'm just so surprised and grateful. This is my regular square and it only strikes gold every once in a while so it was a risk to go for it but thank heaven I did!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
    I wouldn't bother with the weekend gigs. Keep earning k stars!!! I expect Glu will regret letting us earn k stars from working at the store and dating and this will be removed next VIP weekend. Take advantage now!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Congrats Andrzej !!! I'm glad you got it, you totally rock that hairstyle!

In my free box I got those ugly boots :( But I won't spend anymore, the items aren't worth it, I'll save my kstars for next VIP event, so, no Balmain for me yet :(

Aww Holly, I feel your pain, I had to finish a 8-hour gig and the first event gig before finding out è_é
    I do hope it's not a glitch and that we will have the same opportunity for next VIP event ^^

Kate what happened to your post with the dress ? http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?198941-Weekend-Event-1-15-2016-And-We-re-Back-Can-t-Keep-a-Great-Forum-Down-)&p=425743&viewfull=1#post425743
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
    I wouldn't bother with the weekend gigs. Keep earning k stars!!! I expect Glu will regret letting us earn k stars from working at the store and dating and this will be removed next VIP weekend. Take advantage now!
    Yeah i definitely don't think this is going to be a thing next VIP event but now that i remember last time we got a day extra to earn k stars so keep it up Glu!
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    How many KStars are you guys averaging an hour doing 1 hour dates vs 1 hour So Chic jobs? I just want to see if I am on par because it seems to take longer than usual to grind for energy now that the holiday decorations are gone... haha.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

Btw which house is the best for hangout?

I don't think that it really matters which property that you use to invite a VIP for hangouts. You could use whatever homes that you own that you had in mind.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Cilan wrote: »
    How many KStars are you guys averaging an hour doing 1 hour dates vs 1 hour So Chic jobs? I just want to see if I am on par because it seems to take longer than usual to grind for energy now that the holiday decorations are gone... haha.
    I'm not sure because I'm going back and forth between my two games. Dixie owns the plane, car, all houses, and all pets whereas James doesn't even have a car. No wonder the dude never pays for their dates!
    Not having the holiday Tappables really really really slows down the gathering of energy.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I don't think that it really matters which property that you use to invite a VIP for hangouts. You could use whatever homes that you own that you had in mind.

Yes it does matter, believe me, you want to stay away from your LA apartment whhen it comes to hanging with VIPs. You spend 4 energy, only to be rewarded with 3 stars.

I'm not sure about the other houses. On a whim, I'd say, go with the most expensive one.
    Or the Calabasas house, since its the best for parties it may be the best for hanging... (not tested)

---
    #TeamCassio
    Chanrin wrote: »
    Yes it does matter, believe me, you want to stay away from your LA apartment whhen it comes to hanging with VIPs. You spend 4 energy, only to be rewarded with 3 stars.

I'm not sure about the other houses. On a whim, I'd say, go with the most expensive one.
    Or the Calabasas house, since its the best for parties it may be the best for hanging... (not tested)

I've tested all of the properties that I own on my game and the outcome remains the same because I don't see the difference when it comes to hangouts when I choose any random homes.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Cilan wrote: »

Earlier in the day, before I lost my steam, with energy gathering via my 'coast to coast' method - going through all the tapables from all of cali (minus santa barbara), malibu, las vegas, miami & all of NY before taking a 3 - 4 minute break so they can all regenerate & I can go the opposite way back to california - I was averaging around 4 so chic shifts an hour but am currently at only 2 per hour.

I wanted to grab 85 k stars by the event's end tomorrow night to funish my baby room with the crib & bookcase but I'm only at 18 so that seems out of reach & instead I'll aim to finish at around 60-ish instead.

#ComeBackVats
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Going on a lot of 1hr dates at Oak with a bunch strangers atm because i got so much kcash to spare :) it's not a happy weekend for my in-game husband but who cares IT'S RAINING K STARS!!!!

OMG!! I had no idea dates would give me K Stars too!! Looks like I'm gunna be cheating on my handsome husband this weekend! Haha!!
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for the heads up! Why I love the forum, please don't ever be down for an entire week again! I bet I'll earn 3 times the amount this VIP event.

I agree!! I never realized how much I needed this forum until it was down. And I think I could manage 1-2 days but NO WAY I could go a whole week!!
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Ugh. I got the dress I wanted for 50 KStars so I opened 3 boxes. That peachy purse that is in the daily boxes, cash, and 40 more KStars. I guess I should just be thankful I didn't hit the other cash. What stunk the most was the only weekend giftbox item was the handkerchief :rolleyes:

May try again later and of course totally regret it after.

PS, sooooooo glad the forum is back! That dating advice will really help me out.

The first one I opened was the cowboy boots and that was the ONLY boxed item that I really wanted so I was super happy!!
    Chanrin and Charli thank youuuuu!

To complete 1 hour shift at So Chic you need only 15 energy! And if you date at the Oak and are lucky enough the vintage wine button appears immediately - only 4 for 1 hour date! This is amazing! Let it raiiiin kstarrrs lol

This is a HUGE game changer!!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    I've tested all of the properties that I own on my game and the outcome remains the same because I don't see the difference when it comes to hangouts when I choose any random homes.

I had only tested Paris, Punta Mita and Milan before and I did not see any difference either... but yesterday i tested LA for the first time and realized it takes more energy to finish a 1-hour hang out, so i won't be going there anymore...

I've been alternating dates and shifts and racked up 30kstars so far, yoo-hoo !!

---
    #TeamCassio
    I know this sounds a bit silly but I'm actually enjoying grinding for k stars. I've never had video offers so I have always had to pay real money for my k stars. To be able to earn lots of k stars with 1 hour dates & So Chic shifts is AWESOME!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    katiecat wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me in my game - both models were exactly the same! I said I liked the outfit both times; Kim hated the first one and loved the second one...which is super weird because it was the same outfit lol.

Mine was glitchy so they were both pretty much naked lol
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Don't you wish all weekends were Earn a Star for 5Star Ratings? The fact that it's carried over to So Chic, Parties and dating is wonderful.

I'm not doing as much as you guys. Dentist plus lingering cold equals sluggish tapping. lol.

Everybody got their Midori Party Helmet?

[video]http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l497/RoxCoconut/Midorihat2.jpg[/video]
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Stardust! Garrett showed up in my game. :) So happy to see him.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Don't you wish all weekends were Earn a Star for 5Star Ratings? The fact that it's carried over to So Chic, Parties and dating is wonderful.

I'm not doing as much as you guys. Dentist plus lingering cold equals sluggish tapping. lol.

I didn't grind that much today on my game either. My day consisted of cleaning & studying for my last test for the fall semester haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Just now getting home from my real job (10 o'clock where I live) and now I'm going to try to do a few shifts at So Chic.
    Hopefully there are some nice hair (without accessories!!) in the upcoming giftboxes because I'm stocking up on kstars.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »

The first one I opened was the cowboy boots and that was the ONLY boxed item that I really wanted so I was super happy!!

Wooo!!! I just learned it's just not my weekend. I let my Mother open a box and she got the hankerchef, of course. My regular box was the cowboy hat and hair :rolleyes: But I'm always happy when other people get things, makes me have hope for another day ;)

I also hit another $4k :mad: but I got enough for the Skrillex hair. Not sure I can work it but I'm going to try. From here on out just gonna do some dates and rack up lost KStars for the hopeful throwback boxes.

edit:
    2qsme6p.jpg

2j18w0j.jpg
    with my handkerchief i look like a roadie lol
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    I was going to take it easy after earning the hair - merely finishing the remaining 2 event gigs - but seeing the encouragement to grind I decided to just do so chic 1 hour shifts and am sitting on 32 stars. Originally I was going to go for 4 1 hour shifts an hour and land, at this time, around 50-ish before picking up another 30 so I could buy both the crib & bookshelf I wanted for my Braeden but I had to slow down and instead will go for an additional 18 stars and see if I can manage another 10 after that for an even 60.

wish me luck!

#ComeBackVats
  • 1rkhachatryan1rkhachatryan Registered Users 133 Posts
    Eww, my box gave me some hideous green bag :(....
    Hey guys, you can call me Robert. I know how weird my username looks lol.
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Wooo!!! I just learned it's just not my weekend. I let my Mother open a box and she got the hankerchef, of course. My regular box was the cowboy hat and hair :rolleyes: But I'm always happy when other people get things, makes me have hope for another day ;)

I also hit another $4k :mad: but I got enough for the Skrillex hair. Not sure I can work it but I'm going to try. From here on out just gonna do some dates and rack up lost KStars for the hopeful throwback boxes.

edit:
    2qsme6p.jpg

2j18w0j.jpg
    with my handkerchief i look like a roadie lol

I like the hair on you!! And that's cute that you had your mom pick it for you (: I always let my 7 year old daughter pick mine, and now everyday she says "can I open your giftbox?!" and she gets so happy when it's something good haha. It's fun :) she won 40 k stars for me this weekend! I was going to open another, but I wasn't super interested in anything else this weekend.

I'm shocked that we get to earn stars for everything!!! It's so awesome!!! How cool would it be to have every VIP event like this one?!?
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • CodeRedCodeRed Registered Users 46 Posts
    This is awesome, I've been doing shifts in So Chic and have made around 100 k-stars this weekend.
    I got the hair, but I don't think I'm going for the dress even though it's really nice, I want to save up as many stars as possible since I don't get free ones.
    iOS doll: Ruby, A+++ lister, last comeback, daily player and I love new friends.
    GC is Synerje87, feel free to add me.
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Since yesterday, when I learned about the So Chic and dates I managed to get 60 kstars!!! I hope to be able to get as much today. I'm at home, free and ready to tap and grind :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    Wooooow you guys sure are a lot faster than i am!! So far I collected 47 k stars, so now, I have 270 kstars with hopes to reach 300!!! Good luck everyone

(It's too bad the achievement "Day Job" doesn't give us more kstars :P )

---
    #TeamCassio
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    So I have been doing the dates AND the So Chic 1 hour shifts.. Which one takes less energy. I know the dates at Oak take 4 if you can get the fine wine, but what have you guys spent (energy wise) on a So Chic shift vs a dating shift? I want to be able to get the most bang for my energy because I can stockpile those stars then!!
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I was going to take it easy after earning the hair - merely finishing the remaining 2 event gigs - but seeing the encouragement to grind I decided to just do so chic 1 hour shifts and am sitting on 32 stars. Originally I was going to go for 4 1 hour shifts an hour and land, at this time, around 50-ish before picking up another 30 so I could buy both the crib & bookshelf I wanted for my Braeden but I had to slow down and instead will go for an additional 18 stars and see if I can manage another 10 after that for an even 60.

wish me luck!

Good luck!! You can do it!!
    Eww, my box gave me some hideous green bag :(....

Ugh. That's so annoying. I hate they put non-event items in the event boxes!!
    I'm shocked that we get to earn stars for everything!!! It's so awesome!!! How cool would it be to have every VIP event like this one?!?

Truly every VIP Weekend should be like this. We should earn stars for ALL 5 star things. Hopefully this is a new 2016 change!!
    CodeRed wrote: »
    This is awesome, I've been doing shifts in So Chic and have made around 100 k-stars this weekend.
    I got the hair, but I don't think I'm going for the dress even though it's really nice, I want to save up as many stars as possible since I don't get free ones.

I'm doing that with my other character (my in game husband) because he can't earn free ones either. I of course didn't get any of the earnables though because I didn't spend any K Stars.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!