Weekend Event 1/29/16 - We're seeing Stars! Star Signs or...........?

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Katep thanks for posting the teasers!

Sassy mirc and icq? You're not Lucky you're old lol

Koko I'm not the best guy to ask if something is safe lol I would love to see people reactions with the things that are showed on TV around here!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Oh I like the gift box hair that suit noooot so much I'm sure you guys will make it look fabulous though! The necklace and bag will be useful I guess

Same.

Plus, I already have a similar dress in pink and one in black leather, I don't need another. I do like the shoes, bracelet, and necklace, though. Well, I *think* I like the bracelet, I'll have to see it on my doll to be able to tell. Not the hair really; besides, it looks too similar to the very recent Kim's Closet hairstyle, and I didn't care for that either. It looks good on Kim, because it's made especially for Kim.

The whole month has been suffering from event want. Or lack thereof.:(

Edit: Oh, but the event box hair...yes, thank you! And seeing the dress on my own screen and doll now, I definitely wouldn't mind having that too. Plus, jewelry? ALWAYS!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    From Instagram

v8e7w4.jpg

Thank you soooooo much Kate Pillgrim. You definitely rock. I'm in love with the gift box items. I'll have to see the earners in my game to see if I'm grinding or not. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    From Instagram

v8e7w4.jpg

I kinda like the earn ables but I absolutely love the giftbox items.��

Oh well I'll still be grinding for Carol Davida. On my second game, it's definitely gonna be a challenge to grind but Carolyn Ferocious gotta start earning more money though. I'll probably just grind for the silver jewelry for her and that's about it.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I got the mini-update!!!!! How people know that is about NeNe? They're witches or what?

Hahaha that made me LOL :) for some reason that was so cute to me haha
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    The gift box shoes are so cute! I'm gonna open 2 boxes and hope to get them (which is veeeeery unlikely) :rolleyes:
    I don't like the earnables either, but I love the giftbox hair and dress!! Of course those couldn't be the earnables :( I'm scared to go for the hair again this weekend since I failed so miserably last weekend. I opened a bunch of boxes throughout the weekend and didn't get my braids I wanted so badly! I actually didn't get any event items.. Ugh!! I hope I have better luck this weekend!! And everyone else too!!

Stars: So, I've actually met lots of musicians! Some are soooo awesome, and others not so much. I met one of my favorite musicians of all time, and he was a total butthole! Grrrr!!! Haha that's always so disappointing! Recently I met Dave Chappelle, who is my favorite comedian and it was only for a minute, but it made my life complete haha :) I also saw Lindsay Lohan in LA once hahaha, oh boy :P
    XoXo
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    First let me say I love the diamond choker it's so gorgeous and can go with many looks. From the preview the jumpsuit looks very stiff on the doll I'll have to see it in game to make a final judgment as for the gift box items I like everything but the hair (like what is that) not cute what so ever hoping that the guys stuff is better.
    Sophie
  • CodeRedCodeRed Registered Users 46 Posts
    Hmm... I don't exactly love the earners outfit, but for the sake of my iOS doll barely having anything, I'll most likely try to get them for her anyway. I do like the giftbox items, but I'm not lucky with them. Plus my android device is going crazy so it seems I have only one game to worry about. I wish that for once I could get lucky and get the giftbox hair or dress. Come on Glu, my poor Ruby needs more cute stuff! :D
    iOS doll: Ruby, A+++ lister, last comeback, daily player and I love new friends.
    GC is Synerje87, feel free to add me.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Not feeling the earners :( Gift box shoes and dress I wouldn't mind.
    iOS
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I'm not sure if I'll be into the male looks this weekend but I might grind anyway as I'm feeling broke - hovering around 20k - and will want to gather all the money I can before the v-day dating event.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Everything feels so similar to things we already have.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I don't like the earnables either, but I love the giftbox hair and dress!! Of course those couldn't be the earnables :( I'm scared to go for the hair again this weekend since I failed so miserably last weekend. I opened a bunch of boxes throughout the weekend and didn't get my braids I wanted so badly! I actually didn't get any event items.. Ugh!! I hope I have better luck this weekend!! And everyone else too!!

Stars: So, I've actually met lots of musicians! Some are soooo awesome, and others not so much. I met one of my favorite musicians of all time, and he was a total butthole! Grrrr!!! Haha that's always so disappointing! Recently I met Dave Chappelle, who is my favorite comedian and it was only for a minute, but it made my life complete haha :) I also saw Lindsay Lohan in LA once hahaha, oh boy :P

You aren't alone with that hair. I spent well over $30 trying and STILL didn't get it OR most of the event items at all for that matter. They throw other junk and low amount of Kash and K Stars and energy into those boxes that you rarely get items. It's absolutely pathetic.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'll be into the male looks this weekend but I might grind anyway as I'm feeling broke - hovering around 20k - and will want to gather all the money I can before the v-day dating event.

SAME!! I was working on the dating gifts but I'm going to wait because I will be earning a lot of lovers %s during all that non-stop dating.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    BobbieM wrote: »
    You aren't alone with that hair. I spent well over $30 trying and STILL didn't get it OR most of the event items at all for that matter. They throw other junk and low amount of Kash and K Stars and energy into those boxes that you rarely get items. It's absolutely pathetic.

See, that just doesn't seem fair to me. If you're spending $30, there should be a better chance of getting those items. I'm sorry you had bad luck too :( I'll cross my fingers for you this weekend :)
    XoXo
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I struggle with using the choker necklaces. In my opinion, they never look "right" on Dixie.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    If you have some time, try the chokers with different hairstyles and tops. Neckline and hair is very important to really work with the choker, unless it's just not Dixie's style. I like them on a limited basis. Good looks are the updo and buns, or other styles that gets the hair away from the front of your shoulders. Could work, or could be a waste of time, but it's always fun to just play in the wardrobe, right?

Good luck. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I just noticed that the girl's box outfit is the one pictured in the Valentines Day update picture. So hopefully that means that guy's box items are the facial hair and hair pictured with the girl. HRM... Can't wait!
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    o0t65v.jpg

just for you Koko. Cap'n Kayla and one of her chokers ;)
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    OMG I got the hair and the dress!!! I was totally experting to have to spend way too many K-stars to get it, but I just had to open two more boxes, whoohoo!!!

image_zps73uo1i26.png
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yay congrats Linda!

Here guy's stuff:
    ZHnlExJ.png?1
    E5iKDOK.png?1

I hate brown so the earnables are so meh to me! Honestly for the first time I'll not grind hard to get everything, if until sunday night I get everything just waiting for my energy and pets recharge ok, if not whatever!

Now the frustrating part... I can't believe that they put another long hair style in the gift boxes:mad:

That's sooooooooo mean!

Here's what I got on my free box:
    8cLtWfY.png?1

Yeah I'll totally open another, NOT!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Got my free box and received a Kstar set of shoes (meh), so I opened another. Got 40 kstars (yay!) Opened another and got 30 event stars (meh.) The bracelet and hair were right next to the boxes that I picked. :(

On another note, I picked original script. It's weird reasoning, but it's because I usually don't like film adaptations of books. I am sure I probably picked the wrong choice though. Oh well. I just don't care this weekend.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

This has to be my least favorite weekend event this month I hope glu brings their A game in February. Because this month really wasn't that exciting.
    Sophie
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    All of these men earnables are disgusting... And of course my Kendall & Kylie game won't load so I can't see the weekend event on there.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Dear NeNe,

Thank you SO MUCH for not forcing me to give up any energy bolts (most specifically 11!) just to talk with you, and also for not making me give up any precious K-stars in the bargain. I hope this Weekend Event will find you as happy, cheerful, and positive as you so often are in the game.

Kind regards,

Doll isabeau:) :p
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

Here guy's stuff:
    ZHnlExJ.png?1
    E5iKDOK.png?1

I hate brown so the earnables are so meh to me! Honestly for the first time I'll not grind hard to get everything, if until sunday night I get everything just waiting for my energy and pets recharge ok, if not whatever!

Now the frustrating part... I can't believe that they put another long hair style in the gift boxes:mad:

That's sooooooooo mean!

8cLtWfY.png?1

Aww Vats, I'm sorry :( Everytime the guys get a long style I think of you & cross my fingers you can grab it. If it makes you feel any better, I think it lays oddly in that the forward piece either needs some hair on the back portion or that it needs be tucked behind our ear instead.

It's semi-cute that they matched the hair this week with the girl's hair but the clothing this weekend is ultra bland! I would rather they put up nice clothes that I may never get instead of what is essentially blank clothing with no interesting flourishes. Usually the box look is interesting at least but the only reason to chase the box would be that hair. Hrm.

I'm going to add another 10k to my cash this week but I'm not gun hoe about any of these clothes really.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Yay congrats Linda!

Here guy's stuff:
    ZHnlExJ.png?1
    E5iKDOK.png?1

That's sooooooooo mean!

8cLtWfY.png?1

Www Vats Italia's ok. Last weekend was that kinda weekend to me...I think I was so disgusted with the items I only open the free giftbox and then went out and forgot about the game...yeah, Xime paid the consequences too LOL. In the end is a game you know? Is not worth the time we put into it.

In other news, maybe I'm weird but I do like this weekend earn-ables so, I''ll be doing my best to win them all I think G looks good in them.

Happy thought and Vats, just go out there and enjoy the sun!!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    Okay I completed the weekend story line on both games and chose different answers. I believe in order to get the best payout of event points you much have a good balance of art and popularity so if you choose to go with the original concept make sure to pick foreign director, I don't know if it matters if you choose comedy or drama but I choose comedy. If you decided to based the movie off of a book then choose the blockbuster director.

The quest is all about balancing I believe either way a good payout is given, sorry that I didn't count how many stars was revived so I can't confirm the exact amount or if it's the same amount but I know that a lot fell out of mid air.
    Sophie
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Okay I completed the weekend story line on both games and chose different answers. I believe in order to get the best payout of event points you much have a good balance of art and popularity so if you choose to go with the original concept make sure to pick foreign director, I don't know if it matters if you choose comedy or drama but I choose comedy. If you decided to based the movie off of a book then choose the blockbuster director.

The quest is all about balancing I believe either way a good payout is given, sorry that I didn't count how many stars was revived so I can't confirm the exact amount or if it's the same amount but I know that a lot fell out of mid air.

Thanks for letting us know! :)

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    This was me yesterday:
    Cherrey wrote: »
    The gift box shoes are so cute! I'm gonna open 2 boxes and hope to get them (which is veeeeery unlikely) :rolleyes:

And this is me today:

sra2ckH.png

Woohoo!! This is actually the first time I succeeded with one of my bold plans :D