Options

GLU - GIFT BOXES DURING EVENTS, Please remove "loser" prizes!!

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
Okay, I know that Glu reads this forum and they specifically look at certain threads that are "popular" or have a lot of posts. I am incredibly annoyed and to my wits end with the event gift boxes. From speaking to so many of you, I know you feel the same! Well this is our chance to be heard. Glu cannot delete our game or anything for voicing our opinions on this so I am encouraging every one of you to join in and let yourself be heard. I'd love for everyone to boycott the event boxes but I know there are some people that will no matter what spend the money for the boxes (and that's the reason the boxes have gotten ****pier.. Even though many of us have now limited or backed off, there are people who still buy and buy.. To each their own).

The event gift boxes should not contain "loser" prizes. They should not contain items that are in the daily gift boxes! They should ALL have ALL the event items in them and they should fill the extra boxes with event points (like they have) or no less then 40 K Stars. They could add extra things from past boxes that are highly desired. We should not be getting 4 Energy, $450 Kash, 50 Energy and other "loser" items. I'm going to post some of my palettes here. I thought I saved most of them but I have to look through a gazillion pictures so I will add some of my palettes as soon as I find them and get them in photobucket.

Please feel free to post your photos here. This is the only way we can get things changed; collectively as a group showing them what we are getting and what we are wasting 40 K Stars (that's almost $5) on. I don't mind paying $5 for an item I WANT, but paying 40 K Stars for a daily gift box item that I can get FREE.. That's not cool at all. Come on Glu.. Make changes with these gift boxes! Set the "random" more fair. When I pull 3-4 palettes in a row and there isn't a single event item in them.. That's ridiculous. I personally will be saving my money and not spending it on a gamble for something I can get FREE!
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I have not taken pictures (I should have!), but if I wanted a full set of 4 event box items, it would usually cost me around $70 in boxes to open if I am lucky. $70 a week could buy me a few REAL outfits that I can wear in REAL LIFE, that will probably last me forever. xD

And yes, there are many times where the set of 8 boxes contained NO event items at all!

If they want to keep the junk prizes, I propose GUARANTEED all 4 event items in each set of boxes, which dwindles down as you get to choose them, so they are still making money on chance since you can pick a max of 3 boxes per set. That way if you are lucky and pick 3 event items in the first set of boxes, to get the last one, it would be a 1/8 gamble with the next set.
  • Options
    Okay.. Here are a few of the box palettes that I had saved on my phone. I don't remember when all of these were, but all were pretty recent (within 4-6 events):

C71662C8-673D-4FC9-91FA-46170BB2D21B.png_zpsiorew2mg.jpeg

2BB5CCE1-7B17-4B33-AE82-064FF01B1D1F.png_zpsvhvxczr0.jpeg

4B4AD804-66CB-4AA0-9B0C-078725A78E89.png_zpsvnfe9ux7.jpeg

So here we have ONE event item out of the 8 options:
    84F86A1E-066D-4044-A9A6-2DD593E69F71.png_zpsodeyfyec.jpeg

And here we have TWO event items out of the 8 options:
    61AC6AAF-9318-46A5-9372-6DCF8589BA7F.png_zpsdx0znfau.jpeg

A78D51A8-9A4E-47F9-9681-9AF3EF17689D.png_zpsxtnc86f7.jpeg

If anyone else has palettes to post, please do. If you don't want to post them, you can PM them to me and I am
    Happy to post. I find this very unfair of Glu and if we don't pipe up it will never change.
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Cilan wrote: »
    I have not taken pictures (I should have!), but if I wanted a full set of 4 event box items, it would usually cost me around $70 in boxes to open if I am lucky. $70 a week could buy me a few REAL outfits that I can wear in REAL LIFE, that will probably last me forever. xD

And yes, there are many times where the set of 8 boxes contained NO event items at all!

If they want to keep the junk prizes, I propose GUARANTEED all 4 event items in each set of boxes, which dwindles down as you get to choose them, so they are still making money on chance since you can pick a max of 3 boxes per set. That way if you are lucky and pick 3 event items in the first set of boxes, to get the last one, it would be a 1/8 gamble with the next set.

I am with you. I wanted all of the 2016 NYE items. I spent almost $60 to get them and like you said, that could have went toward REAL clothes for me or what not. Now I know some people will say "no one forced you to spend that on the game" and it's true, I did it on my own free will, however, since that I will no longer spend anything more then the $10 package each weekend. If I was guaranteed items I would spend more.

I think your proposal for the Event Gift Boxes is a very good idea. It would work and people will STILL buy K Stars because of the clothing that is in our wardrobe; Although even that is getting to be insane. $20,000 for a Valentines/Heart Sweater? Come on!!
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I have to absolutely second all of this. Sunday I got a hideously ugly beige top in my box first try. (God, why does such a color even exist??) I couldn't believe it! I actually got upset and didn't open anymore boxes. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm gonna remember this from now on. I've been fooled wayyy more than twice! :mad:
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    I'm gonna remember this from now on. I've been fooled wayyy more than twice! :mad:

Me too.. And I refuse to keep letting it happen. I'm not going to waste my money on the gamble when I can buy things I really LOVE in my wardrobe.
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    That´s weird, because I NEVER EVER received less than 40K-Stars, 4000Kash or 50 energy on my event gift boxes. The 750 or 350 kash and the 4 and 10 energy always appear on my daily gift boxes and that´s all. Am I the only one?
  • Options
    Paty wrote: »
    That´s weird, because I NEVER EVER received less than 40K-Stars, 4000Kash or 50 energy on my event gift boxes. The 750 or 350 kash and the 4 and 10 energy always appear on my daily gift boxes and that´s all. Am I the only one?

Every time I message in about this or other problems (like I only get 8 hour gigs - nothing less!! Sometimes a 12 hour). They said because of my level, which is 30 with 251.8M fans that because I am "that level with that amount of fans" I will only get that. But I know people higher and they don't have this problem with gigs or boxes! So apparently Glu does what it does and wants.
  • Options
    stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    That definitely shouldn't be happening, Bobbie. I'm in the middle of my 2nd comeback, level 44, currently around 260MM fans, and I get offers of either 3 hour or 8 hour gigs. No 12 hours. During my entire first comeback, from zero fans to around 600MM, I also got offered 3 or 8 hour gigs. I was worried when I started the second comeback that the 3 hour gigs might go away, but that hasn't happened.

I remember reading another post where someone inquired about the length of gigs after starting a comeback, and Glu's comment was along the lines of what you wrote above. In other words, pretty vague. I don't know if you have a glitch, or there is something unique to your gameplay that caused you to lose the 3 hour gigs. (It's definitely not your OS since I'm on iOS, too.)
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Okay, I know that Glu reads this forum and they specifically look at certain threads that are "popular" or have a lot of posts. I am incredibly annoyed and to my wits end with the event gift boxes. From speaking to so many of you, I know you feel the same! Well this is our chance to be heard. Glu cannot delete our game or anything for voicing our opinions on this so I am encouraging every one of you to join in and let yourself be heard. I'd love for everyone to boycott the event boxes but I know there are some people that will no matter what spend the money for the boxes (and that's the reason the boxes have gotten ****pier.. Even though many of us have now limited or backed off, there are people who still buy and buy.. To each their own).

The event gift boxes should not contain "loser" prizes. They should not contain items that are in the daily gift boxes! They should ALL have ALL the event items in them and they should fill the extra boxes with event points (like they have) or no less then 40 K Stars. They could add extra things from past boxes that are highly desired. We should not be getting 4 Energy, $450 Kash, 50 Energy and other "loser" items. I'm going to post some of my palettes here. I thought I saved most of them but I have to look through a gazillion pictures so I will add some of my palettes as soon as I find them and get them in photobucket.

Please feel free to post your photos here. This is the only way we can get things changed; collectively as a group showing them what we are getting and what we are wasting 40 K Stars (that's almost $5) on. I don't mind paying $5 for an item I WANT, but paying 40 K Stars for a daily gift box item that I can get FREE.. That's not cool at all. Come on Glu.. Make changes with these gift boxes! Set the "random" more fair. When I pull 3-4 palettes in a row and there isn't a single event item in them.. That's ridiculous. I personally will be saving my money and not spending it on a gamble for something I can get FREE!

After this weekend I feel the same way as you!! I'll totally boycott with you! I'm so sick of getting the generic clothes and bags in different colors in my event boxes. If I get one more sports bra for 40 k stars I'm going to scream! I've said before that I'd be spending more if I were guaranteed even a little better prize. The 4K sucks too! I don't get anything other than 8 hour jobs too and I'm on my first comeback, iOS and level 37. I'm not opening any more event boxes until something changes, no matter how tempted I am!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    Count me in, too. I spent about 400 Kstars this past weekend, chasing the hair. I had stopped opening the boxes a few months ago (except for the free one), but I really liked the hair.... I got a pair of nasty brown/tan pants that are usually in the daily boxes, a collegiate-styled dress with jacket, 4000kash, and 30 event stars. I eventually got the dress and weird bracelet. The trick-bag shenanigans have to stop. We spend our money with Glu---Glu should make us happy.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    stephk11 wrote: »
    That definitely shouldn't be happening, Bobbie. I'm in the middle of my 2nd comeback, level 44, currently around 260MM fans, and I get offers of either 3 hour or 8 hour gigs. No 12 hours. During my entire first comeback, from zero fans to around 600MM, I also got offered 3 or 8 hour gigs. I was worried when I started the second comeback that the 3 hour gigs might go away, but that hasn't happened.

I remember reading another post where someone inquired about the length of gigs after starting a comeback, and Glu's comment was along the lines of what you wrote above. In other words, pretty vague. I don't know if you have a glitch, or there is something unique to your gameplay that caused you to lose the 3 hour gigs. (It's definitely not your OS since I'm on iOS, too.)

I gave them complete access so they could look everything up and they duplicated the game and played as me
    And they said the 12 hours is what I get for my level and my amount of fans. I asked this if this was indefinite going forward because I would stop buying K Stars and back off playing so much and again was told this is what I should be getting. It's frustrating but what is fighting with them Going to do?
  • Options
    After this weekend I feel the same way as you!! I'll totally boycott with you! I'm so sick of getting the generic clothes and bags in different colors in my event boxes. If I get one more sports bra for 40 k stars I'm going to scream! I've said before that I'd be spending more if I were guaranteed even a little better prize. The 4K sucks too! I don't get anything other than 8 hour jobs too and I'm on my first comeback, iOS and level 37. I'm not opening any more event boxes until something changes, no matter how tempted I am!

Ugh yes!! Those sports bras! I hate them things. They look awful and recolored look 10x worse. And the purses/bags I hate using in the game because a lot of them sit in the dolls arm pit.. Yuck! I'm so over this cheap clothing and ****py recolored things!!
    Count me in, too. I spent about 400 Kstars this past weekend, chasing the hair. I had stopped opening the boxes a few months ago (except for the free one), but I really liked the hair.... I got a pair of nasty brown/tan pants that are usually in the daily boxes, a collegiate-styled dress with jacket, 4000kash, and 30 event stars. I eventually got the dress and weird bracelet. The trick-bag shenanigans have to stop. We spend our money with Glu---Glu should make us happy.

I am with you. I spent SOOOOOOO much this last weekend on trying to get that hair. In 5 of my palettes there was NO event items at all. In the other 4 I opened there was event items (that of course I didn't get) but NONE even had the hair in them!! I was so seething mad. I don't think I'll be getting anymore event boxes (besides the free one). But I'm done using my REAL mo way for $4000 Kash, $750 Kash, 5-20 energy and/or ****py recolored clothing.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I had told myself no boxes but figured hey, I really liked that Montana stuff. I got that bandana, that should've taught me but it took chasing hair to do so. NO more buying boxes and NO more spending real cash on this game until I at least see I can have a chance at even winning the event prizes.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Angela55055Angela55055 Registered Users 142 Posts
    But what's the point of gift boxes if you always "win"? Shouldn't it be a win/lose surprise?
    Jay #1 :o:p:cool:
  • Options
    But what's the point of gift boxes if you always "win"? Shouldn't it be a win/lose surprise?

No. If you are spending your RL money on a prize, why should you "lose?" I understand not winning the event items, but the daily box items should not be in the event gift boxes. This is MY opinion.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Well I already do that! I chose to ignore those gift boxes! No matter how much I love the items that they offer to us, I don't chase it, been there twice and I hated how I felt!

Honestly I don't think they'll change that, is too lucrative for them.

What I wish they change is the way the game is all about weekend events now! Give us a lot of good stuff for the wardrobe, it' too annoying have to wait for the weekend and maybe have a chance of getting a new item that we like at those boxes.

Nobody likes those 'loser' prizes, but people go for those boxes because our options are limited, if we have more hair and clothes at every new update, people would care less about those boxes.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I agree 100% Vats. I wish Glu would see the benefit of adding new items to our wardrobes throughout the week, because most of us will spend our money buying them.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I agree 100% Vats. I wish Glu would see the benefit of adding new items to our wardrobes throughout the week, because most of us will spend our money buying them.

Totally!

I've been holding my K-stars for so much time now, cause I'm waiting for a throwback that brings my Brad Pitt's hair, and I need to hold those to get a chance, since isn't guaranteed that I'll get it with few K-stars, but if they had released cool long hair at every new update I wouldn't be concerned at save K-stars cause I would be satisfied and inclined to spend more with the game, while now I'm just frustrated and discouraged.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    I so agree with you... During the last party event (I think it was two weeks ago) I decided to chase the hair because I really wanted it (those braids are beautiful ♥). I was certain I would get it since I had 500 kstars. But I used my 500 kstars and the hair didn't even show in one of my sets (I could have blamed myself for chosing the wrong box but it wasn't the case :/)
    So i used my real money to open more boxes (gosh I wish I hadn't) and still no hair in my sets of boxes.
    In total I used 700 kstars (ouch I feel stupid), saw 9 different sets of boxes and didn't see those braids even ONCE :eek: :mad: Since I had the dress, shoes and earrings the last sets had no event item.
    I'm actually mad at myself for throwing away those stars for nothing. So now I've decided I'm not going to spend real money on this game anymore. I already spent too much.

• Options
    A few months ago, I stopped spending money, then I stopped playing altogether. I came back, spent money and here I am. I found a balance: buy the things I want, but never waste my Kstars on the gift boxes. I messed up this past weekend, but never again.
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts

Erm.. MAYBE at $2 a box, but at the current $4 bucks a pop, I don't think so... LOL. And I work for a site that used to do "chance boxes" like these weekendgiftboxes. Users would pay $2.50 a chance at a selection of items. Might I add, our art is wayyy better than Glus! (no offense xD) But the users were still iffy about "chance" items. We changed it to guaranteed picking of the item because of issues like this. Plus the users were a lot happier. :)
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I gave them complete access so they could look everything up and they duplicated the game and played as me
    And they said the 12 hours is what I get for my level and my amount of fans. I asked this if this was indefinite going forward because I would stop buying K Stars and back off playing so much and again was told this is what I should be getting. It's frustrating but what is fighting with them Going to do?

That is so weird, you are in my game and I am about five spots higher than you and also on my first comeback and I don't have that problem at all. I only get 12 hour events related to shooting T.O.C.. The side gigs Simon calls with are always three or eight hours and I always choose three hours. I still get an occasional three hour storyline gig usually at the beginning of a new level. Nor have I ever gotten weekend event boxes with anything lower than 40 energy or 40Kstars. Now that I have most of the gift box items during weekend events I always have multiple pallets with every prize item. If I had a game like yours I would have no incentive to play.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I just want to mention, that Glu is aware of the recent unhappiness regarding gift boxes, events and clothing. They're reading those threads, and will be deciding on any adjustments for the game in this regard. As always they welcome, and encourage honest discussion. I just wanted you to know, they are reading, and want to arrive at the optimum formula for the success of the game balanced with player satisfaction.

In in other words.....they're not going to give away the farm, but they do want us to want to play, and want us to enjoy it. And that's obvious in how we now get some love from our penny pinching spouses, in the form of free dates in some cases, and presents. And we complained about no return from SoChic London. Now we get cash and stars twice a week if we want to spend a morning and work for it. so please share your thoughts and constructive criticism, because they're reading our posts, and hearing our concerns.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    If they're reading, I think 40 KStars is too much to open a gift box. That's 4-5 bucks which is very expensive, it's one meal. Take a weekend, give a half price discount and you'll see more people buying gift boxes. Then keep it that way.

I've opened countless palettes with no gift box items at all. Imagine the amount of real money wasted on nothing. This only drives people not to spend and probably quit the game.
    PM to add
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Girl, for real. I'm like 100% in agreement here. This is the reason why I only buy one box per event instead of the usual go for broke mode which I usually do. It's just so not worth it in the end. I never have any luck chasing hair. I'm still waiting on Throwback #3 to heal my wounds.

I really hate Glu for doing us like this. It's not fair.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I once spent 280 KStars on giftboxes (to me that was a record) and got ONE event item. ONE. The rest was cash and event points and some items from regular wardrobe. Of course I will never spent that much money ('cause KStars cost money duh) on this trickery. If we had better chance in winning anything worthy for that money - I wouldn't mind. But we don't have it.

I agree with Nai: 40 KStars for a box is too much. 20 would be perfect, hell, make it AT LEAST 30. It would pay off so well I'm sure.
    OR maybemake it so that giftboxes can contain only KStars (an amount equal to a price of a giftbox like now) and event items? That would make people spend more money on KStars too. And if you want to keep cash in giftboxes, seriously, 4000 is a joke, make it 40 000. And add a feature where we can buy KStars for in-game cash. Oh, I know I'm too much! But a girl can dream.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I felt the exact same way when I opened 8 boxes to receive only one event item last week.

I hate the daily gift box items and 30 event points, not worth the amount spent.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    I really think that Glu WANTS us to play and enjoy the game, but sometimes from the backside it's harder then appears. Personally I would like to see these few feasible things:

• Event Gift Boxes - I'm still VERY upset about these, but, none the less, maybe some workable thoughts will help. Make these event items only. Maybe rather then showing is the 4 items that are related to the event leave that out and just make them items that we haven't seen. So take out the recolors and the items that are already in daily gift boxes. If you want to show us the 4 event items, make some special items that will be "event box extras" only. I know it's MY choice as a player to buy these boxes, but for almost $5 for an item it should be special. I hope you can agree. Save those recolored items and non-special items for the daily gift boxes. :0)

• Less Events - I do love the events every weekend but I think they are taking away from us getting wardrobe clothing and game play during the week. I rarely play during the week because I know I am going to be glued to my game all weekend.

• Clothing - When the game started the clothing was so beautiful and vibrant. I literally bought every single piece, even the K Star items. It was stuff the Kardashians wore! It was all beautiful, colorful and fun! Now the clothing is all very mono toned. It's all tans, browns, blacks. Add more color back. We also had more separates. Like tops and bottoms. Now we have all one piece with clothing, it's a shirt, skirt/pants and a jacket. Some of them are beautiful together, others not so much. This IS a game of fashion, so let us pair our pieces! The Balmain pieces were amazing to mix and match!! It would be great to see more trends for shoes also.. Gladiator sandals, boots, athletic shoes (you've given us the sports bras and yoga pants but no shoes to work out in).

• Please give the guys more options. I play 2 characters and one is male. The poor male characters in this game have very little to chose from. They deserve more hairstyles and clothing, just the way we (female characters) do.

• More facial features all around. All the dolls look so much the same. I know different body types would be hard to do, but you can make the clothing so that the dolls could have curves. We have a dress that when worn looks like the doll is very curvy with a tiny waist and curvy thighs. It's perfect. Gives us the option to have our dolls curvy without too much work on trying to make the doll shape curvy and then having to rework all the clothes to fit.

At the end of the day, I KNOW Glu really wants this game to evolve and they are trying to make our wishes come through. Having worked for an online game before on the backside, even small things are BIG. We have to have patience and understanding. And having had to work through a nasty bug with Glu Support because I didn't get any daily boxes, I know they are caring and compassionate. That doesn't mean I don't have moments were I want to blow all the steam at them, but rather then being so critical, say thank you for the things you've gotten. Keep adding suggestions to the suggestions thread (maybe the old one should be closed & a new one started - times have changed & many suggestions were burried). They are VERY nice people. They have a lot of different games, so something implemented in one game might not be what the audience of another game would like. Let's give them some Kudos for all that they have done. Instead of attaches, give them nice clean ideas.. They do see these boards and they do read them. If someone came at you screaming, would you listen?

Thank you Glu for everything thus far. I would love to see some changes implemented and hope you will take some of this serious. Happy players equals more money for you :0)
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

My issue is more so when I open an embarrassing amount of boxes and never even see all 4 event prizes. When I chased the Montana hair I never saw the jacket (all those boxes and the only event item I got was the bandana). When I chased the braids last week or so I saw them maybe once but never saw the shoes. I just don't want to be told I have a chance of winning these items when it def doesn't seem like that's true.

Plus, considering my daily gift boxes are usually $350 or 4 energy bolts, I think I lose enough.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College