Weekend Event 2/05/16 ~Ultimate Tailgate Party (Balmain or Ballgaim? How bout both?

Comments

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    So I chose to tell a story with Ray and then "messed up" my next potential gig with a makeup company. I am supposed to charm the guy for 3 k-stars...for what? I don't get any event points. Why should I waste them? I already "wasted" 160 k-stars trying to get the new ombré hairstyle. I am bitter for not even seeing the hair in my boxes, so I am definitely not budging on 3 more k-stars. Go ahead and drop my fan count! I don't care.

Sorry. Rant over.

I'm in the middle of that gig right now and I refuse to charm him too. it's such a little amount but I'm trying to earn/save stars and they shouldn't be a requirement for the storyline, especially since the set-up is Maria not telling you of the opportunity beforehand. The writing did her dirty with that IMO since she is ALL OVER catching things like that. If anything, she should've called before ray powers to book it and said we should mention our story/beauty routine. Afterwards it could still be that the person needs convincing via k-stars maybe? I'd still refuse but the storyline would make more sense to me.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    What the hell? Who do he think he is talking to my doll like that? Carolyn Ferocious is not gonna charm this mitch ha ha.

Screenshot_2016_02_06_13_37_27_1.png
    gifs upload
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    What the hell? Who do he think he is talking to my doll like that? Carolyn Ferocious is not gonna charm this mitch ha ha.

gifs upload

Hahaha that "Mitch" :p I love it! He's a scrub anyways ;)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
    Hahaha that "Mitch" :p I love it! He's a scrub anyways ;)

Lol I watch too much Real Husbands of Hollywood. Kevin Hart is one my favorite comedians of all times.😄😆
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Carol Davida got the part since she charmed the guy.

Screenshot_2016-02-06-17-47-01-13be55.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

Carolyn Ferocious is such a diva. She didn't charm the guy. She could care less if she didn't get the part haha

Screenshot1d73.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

gifs upload

lol, there have been times I've thought about charming the people with Kstars but then they act like that and it's like y'know, no.

Also, my guy was named Larry and his shoes are too small for his feet
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    So I chose to tell a story with Ray and then "messed up" my next potential gig with a makeup company. I am supposed to charm the guy for 3 k-stars...for what? I don't get any event points. Why should I waste them? I already "wasted" 160 k-stars trying to get the new ombré hairstyle. I am bitter for not even seeing the hair in my boxes, so I am definitely not budging on 3 more k-stars. Go ahead and drop my fan count! I don't care.

Sorry. Rant over.

I chose to tell a joke. Still, that rude, obnoxious bish Maria (I abso loathe that woman) said the same thing to me. It was a total lose-lose situation. So yeah, of course this sooo badly dressed guy at the Swan in the Hamptons wanted his three stars. J e r k. Heh.

P.S. You *know* rants are always, always welcome! :p
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I don't think it mattered what we did. I always change one of the games answers (ok most usually) and I think the task was just to get us to spend 3 KStars for some go nowhere event. But, that's just what I thought. I'll scroll back and see if I'm wrong. Needless to say, I'm not spending stars when the game just wants me to fail, and in this task, had we not 'messed up' we'd have had no where to go with it. JMO. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I don't think it mattered what we did. I always change one of the games answers (ok most usually) and I think the task was just to get us to spend 3 KStars for some go nowhere event. But, that's just what I thought. I'll scroll back and see if I'm wrong. Needless to say, I'm not spending stars when the game just wants me to fail, and in this task, had we not 'messed up' we'd have had no where to go with it. JMO. :)

This exactly! I'm not spending kstars anymore to charm people when the reward is nothing, or negligible at best. I'm still a little sore about charming Kim last week and losing kstars with basically zero payoff.
    Ok, so, Carol charmed him with one game, and not with the other. Caroe, when you're done, will you let us know whether it paid off for you to charm him. I know I'm interested, I just think it was a quick grab. See, it alternates with us a gig where Stars pay off, then one where they don't. Because I waste stars on nothing, then I end up not spend ing the stars the next time....that time it means something. So, I can't keep track. lol. Whatever it is, I don't think it's not such a big deal either way.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    This exactly! I'm not spending kstars anymore to charm people when the reward is nothing, or negligible at best. I'm still a little sore about charming Kim last week and losing kstars with basically zero payoff.

Oh yeah, last week it was pay stars for Kim,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Charli wrote: »
    If you haven't done the So Chic London gigs, here's a tip:

Talk to Mia and choose the 1h gig. Finish it, takes about 12 energy if you invite a co-star and go back to So Chic. When she gives you the choice, pick the 1h gig again.. It'll help those who don't get 1h jobs from Simon anymore. :)

Thanks for this tip, Charli. How much should we bet that during the next VIP/kstar earning weekend, GLU disables the So Chic gigs so we don't get kstars for them like they disabled the kstars for working shifts at So Chic Downtown? Sorry if I come off a little grumpy, but it drives me crazy when multi-million dollar companies act hella sketchy toward their customer base.
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I charmed the guy and the reward for completing that "achievement" had +1 K-Star along with the kash and exp... Don't know if that's because I charmed him or if the K-Star is the regular reward for the achievement regardless. Other than that, the gig ends abruptly with no follow-up, just like all the other weekend gigs.
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Thanks for this tip, Charli. How much should we bet that during the next VIP/kstar earning weekend, GLU disables the So Chic gigs so we don't get kstars for them like they disabled the kstars for working shifts at So Chic Downtown? Sorry if I come off a little grumpy, but it drives me crazy when multi-million dollar companies act hella sketchy toward their customer base.

I, for one, would NOT take that bet, because I'm sure that's exactly what is going to happen. I actually cringed when I saw the tip posted here, because I thought, "Well, Glu is going to shut that down now." And it's a shame, because the people who post here have to be some of the most active players, and I know that a lot of you spend a lot of money on this game.

It's such a little thing for Glu - it's not like we're hacking the game or cheating anyone. The one hour So Chic gig IS a gig and it SHOULD count. Especially since many of us who have done the Comeback no longer have access to one hour gigs (which still makes zero sense - again, why penalize loyal players?)
  • lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    !!! Wow thank you! :) You're a genius Charli. Now I just need to move Metropolitan Magazine a little bit closer to So Chic :D but worth it

After you accept the 1 hour gig (while you're still in the store), go to your closet/star shop/wherever. When you exit, you're at the photo shoot.
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Hi guys! I'm back with a new account because ever since the site reset our passwords I haven't been able to get back into my account. I've missed this place!!

I have got really lucky with the event items this weekend - my first box I opened 4k, then my next box I got the hair!! At first I was satisfied, but I still really wanted the dress, so I decided to open more boxes (something I rarely do anymore since I've been burned too many times). I got the handbag and then 40 energy. I still really wanted the dress though, so I decided I'd open two more boxes and that would be it - and voila, the very next box was the dress! Having 3/4 gift box items, with two of those being items I desperately wanted, is an amazing result for me.

Although the 'earnables' aren't impressive this week (I do like the earrings, but the shoes and dress are totally meh) I ended up spending the 500 k-stars and getting them all anyway. There were just too many Balmain items I've been waiting for an excuse to buy, LOL. I've been grinding like crazy this weekend too since I discovered for myself the neat trick with So Chic London - although now that people have spoken about it openly here I bet Glu takes that away from us too.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
    Ok, so, Carol charmed him with one game, and not with the other. Caroe, when you're done, will you let us know whether it paid off for you to charm him. I know I'm interested, I just think it was a quick grab. See, it alternates with us a gig where Stars pay off, then one where they don't. Because I waste stars on nothing, then I end up not spend ing the stars the next time....that time it means something. So, I can't keep track. lol. Whatever it is, I don't think it's not such a big deal either way.

On my first game, I charmed the guy and I earned two kstars after I completed the last gig. On my second game, I didn't charmed the guy and I earned only one kstar on the last gig.
    Cilan wrote: »
    I charmed the guy and the reward for completing that "achievement" had +1 K-Star along with the kash and exp... Don't know if that's because I charmed him or if the K-Star is the regular reward for the achievement regardless. Other than that, the gig ends abruptly with no follow-up, just like all the other weekend gigs.

I guess that's a new reward then because usually when it comes to charming someone, Glu never added an extra kstar before for completing the last gig.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    On my first game, I charmed the guy and I earned two kstars after I completed the last gig. On my second game, I didn't charmed the guy and I earned only one kstar on the last gig.
    So spending three k-stars to earn back two... sounds like a rip-off to me. I'm glad I didn't charm the dude. I refuse to waste my k-stars on something that makes no difference in the end.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Grrr! I just made such a silly mistake!

I was using that awesome tip Charli suggested and was doing the 1 hour gigs from So Chic London. Since yesterday, I've earned a massive amount of Kstars (thanks, Charli!) but then I went to make lunch, put a wash on etc and forgot I'd started a SCL photo shoot.

My hottie streak 8 achievement therefore went from 96% to zero! Can't believe I did that :(
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    So spending three k-stars to earn back two... sounds like a rip-off to me. I'm glad I didn't charm the dude. I refuse to waste my k-stars on something that makes no difference in the end.

I agree that it's a ripoff. I was curious to see what was the final outcome based on the different choices that was made.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I'm kinda sad that I really don't get to play/post as much because of personal reasons. *sigh*

I hope everyone is atleast enjoying the weekend event. I accidentally forgot about a gig I was doing Friday night and just saw it today because I wasn't able to check in yesterday. Only 1 star, yikes. And I was working with Minne on it so after she called me and we had to "break up" as I couldn't afford to charm her. Ickkkk

Also, $4k in the giftbox. That's the second week in a row. The hair was in my pallet...boo.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Eselletea wrote: »
    I'm kinda sad that I really don't get to play/post as much because of personal reasons. *sigh*

I hope everyone is atleast enjoying the weekend event. I accidentally forgot about a gig I was doing Friday night and just saw it today because I wasn't able to check in yesterday. Only 1 star, yikes. And I was working with Minne on it so after she called me and we had to "break up" as I couldn't afford to charm her. Ickkkk

Also, $4k in the giftbox. That's the second week in a row. The hair was in my pallet...boo.

Eselle, I hope you feel better soon! <3 And that you get to play more soooooon!
    PM to add
    Charli wrote: »
    If you haven't done the So Chic London gigs, here's a tip:

Talk to Mia and choose the 1h gig. Finish it, takes about 12 energy if you invite a co-star and go back to So Chic. When she gives you the choice, pick the 1h gig again.. It'll help those who don't get 1h jobs from Simon anymore. :)

Thanks Charli. I'll try that tip. Mia actually came back on my game last night.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Thanks Nai! I'm holding out until the end of April in hopes that things turn around and improve. If they don't, I have to stop playing and posting on the forum...I absolutely do not want that. I enjoy you guys and playing too much! I unfortunately haven't been able to grind for k stars like I wanted to do but it's not the end of the world. Sorry to spill some of my personal ish here!

But I'm gonna try not to worry. I know things will work out the way they are supposed to. I'm currently prepping for the Super Bowl now! Bummed that I have to miss a super bowl party with my friends (bf isn't interested in going and will be ****ed if I go without him, haha) but psyched that my team finally made it to the championship. Go panthers! #keeppounding
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    Ok, I'm weak. Sigh, but my closet is full. :)

I haven't definitelypicked my team yet, I'll do it, and then post, so there are no 'backsies'. lol. So, who'd going to a live SuperBowl Party?

And did I hear there are more Brittney fans around?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh Eselle, I'm sorry you're feeling bummed. Hope you get your groove back, you are so much fun here. You have to do what's good for you, are you and he watching the game or not even that?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I've been grinding like crazy this weekend too since I discovered for myself the neat trick with So Chic London - although now that people have spoken about it openly here I bet Glu takes that away from us too.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

I'm taking bets it's gone next VIP weekend, like the kstars for shifts at downtown So Chic are gone after we talked about them last VIP weekend. Maybe we should only share tips via PMs from now on? GC greetings? Smoke signals?
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Well, I can place my bet on this one, too! It won't be fixed, since there's nothing wrong this time. :)

Sorry to hear about the achievement, Amy.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I'm taking bets it's gone next VIP weekend, like the kstars for shifts at downtown So Chic are gone after we talked about them last VIP weekend. Maybe we should only share tips via PMs from now on? GC greetings? Smoke signals?

If Glu takes it away from us, I'm gonna RANT.