Options

Weelend Event 4/01/16 ~ April Fools Day - Being Silly with a 316 year old Tradition!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
AprilFoolsHeader_zps1fhepgre.gif
The first April Fool's Day was celebrated April 1st, 1700.

I had a whole thing prepared, hit back accidentally, and boom nothing still standing but the header.

With no idea about what the event might be,
and armed only with an unidden hidden file that says "1 hour left for the April Fools Event".
So, I guess there's an event for it this week.

Last year we ran around dressed like Willow and dirk, and this year we're expanding to just dress and look completely different. Fool us with your appearance.

As usual, when the first glimpse of teasers pop up, please post them.

Now......chances are there will be a lot of faked teasers. Feel free to post them, and we'll try and figure out real or fake.

Any birthday celebrations beside Honey Raven?

(Ok, it took a while to make, I'm posting it here as well.....)
hbhr.gif

Let's wish HoneyRaven a wonderful birthday! She needs gifts, cake and fun.
So, let's have fun, let's do some tricky stuff.

Want to dig up some fun April Fools facts and share?

I know we'll have fun, and I'm hoping for some great clothes.

(my first post was really better. But....not saving immediately was a very

Foolish Move on my part.

How about a Foolish Dance Party?
snsd-gee-crab-dance_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

we have a cupcake truck parked outside.......

cupcaketruck.jpg

And I ask you, has the bartender ever looked more foolish?

MimosaHeiressBt.jpg

And music? We can't drink on a dance free stomach!

That's just Foolishness!

Party's Open!

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456710

Comments

• Options
    HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    Thanks Koko, I share this birthday with ChicCharlotte too - so there are 2 almost April Fools Babies ;p

I'll be back shortly with some food and drinks to celebrate - might see if I can try and find some fun AFD facts as well xx
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • Options
    hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    Guys, I have a slight theory about this April Fool event. Since, there are those game files showing that the TBS3 will be on April 2nd. So, people have been wondering why a TBS on Saturday, like never happened before. Here it goes my theory. We are not gonna have any event on Friday, because GLU will prank us on April 1st. So, the community is gonna be crazy about not having an event, blaming GLU about that. However, when Saturday comes, a Throwback Sale will show up to surprise all of us. Guys, this is really a perfect plan if I was a GLU employee. What do you guys think? Does it make sense at all?
  • Options
    suplangdonsuplangdon Registered Users 215 Posts
    Mine was today (3/30)!!' Low key day here as weather has been terrible in Florida and I have had a lot going on in my life to celebrate recently. I feel like after your early 20s birthdays aren't such a big production anymore anyways. Though I would love to have a drink served by our bartender right now :P
  • Options
    Hmmmm, works really well for me. I can sleep till Saturday. lol. This is great brainstorming hyerilee. The only flaw in this, is that without a weekend long event, a lot of people who haven't got the kind of stars to really enjoy a Tbs. But.....if you were right, and on Saturday they gave us the TBS and an earner event....that might work on all sorts of levels.

Wouldn't it be something, if they cull our musings about what might be, into what they actually do a bit further down the line. I just get so happy on Wednesday, it means one day till a teaser of some sorts, and just 2 days till the usual, Friday start.

What if they started us a day earlier? April Fools us on March 31st? Hmmmm. darn it. now I'm getting up early tomorrow too I guess.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    hyerilee wrote: »
    Guys, I have a slight theory about this April Fool event. Since, there are those game files showing that the TBS3 will be on April 2nd. So, people have been wondering why a TBS on Saturday, like never happened before. Here it goes my theory. We are not gonna have any event on Friday, because GLU will prank us on April 1st. So, the community is gonna be crazy about not having an event, blaming GLU about that. However, when Saturday comes, a Throwback Sale will show up to surprise all of us. Guys, this is really a perfect plan if I was a GLU employee. What do you guys think? Does it make sense at all?

I really like that theory and I hope that's what they do!! As long as they extend the event until Monday :) Great thinking!!!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    hyerilee wrote: »
    Honestly, I would be very disappointed if that were the case. We shouldn't have to lose a weekend event just to get a throwback sale. Glu should do what they have always done, offer us the sale during the week before the event begins. Getting rid of a weekend event all-together would be really lazy of them IMO. So no offense but I hope your theory is wrong LOL.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    Okay guys, let's get this party rolling! Here's my contribution for you all xx

First we head to an amazing Cob & Spinach loaf to snack on just prior to dinner...

image_zpslm5yna5i.jpeg

... Which consists of beautiful lamb shanks with a garlic sweet potato and herb mash...

image_zps16fnoypk.jpeg

... Culminating in a mint chocolate dessert by Heston Blumenthal, which of course looks nothing like food, as its April Fools Day

image_zpsgenlrt7m.jpeg

Oh, wait! In place of alcoholic beverages, we have Vodka Sunrise fruit wedge Jello Shots (Virgin for those under 18 & 21 where legally allowed :p)

image_zpsl8krxefw.jpeg

Dig in and enjoy :)
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • Options

A little Bang Bang in the morning. Love these dolls. I so wish I could sing. :)

ChicCharlotte! Happy Happy Birthday. Hang on.....I'll be right back.

.................................................. .I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

hbcc.gif

Happy Birthday ChicCharlotte. Any more Birthdays this Weekend? We're putting in the cake order, and don't want to miss anyone.

I love the way Nicki sings Ferrari. Such a triState dialect. Very much like Marissa Tomei in Cousin Vinnie. Ferrari. Try it. lol.

Any instagram Event teasers? Post the fakes too. we'll tell the difference. EVENT TOMORROW! April Fools and lots of fun whatever it is. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SupLangdon, Happy Birthday for the 30th! I have a bottle of Moët here with your name on it - I know what you mean about birthdays after your 20s!

Hope you had an amazing day, despite the Florida weather xx
  • Options
    suplangdon wrote: »
    Mine was today (3/30)!!' Low key day here as weather has been terrible in Florida and I have had a lot going on in my life to celebrate recently. I feel like after your early 20s birthdays aren't such a big production anymore anyways. Though I would love to have a drink served by our bartender right now :P

Happy Happy Birthday Suplangdon....around here birthdays last till the end of the event. :)

It's never to old to really celebrate your birthday. Suplangdon......I'm off for a little birthday sumpin for you too. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Happy birthday Suplangdon!!

image_zpskoku5frl.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Happy birthday, HoneyRaven, ChicCharlotte and Suplangdon!!! hope you all have a wonderful day! So many birthdays this week! One cake won't be enough for you all, so here's several! I hope there's enough to go around :)

1994939A-F99A-49E3-BB3B-344CD212B2E2_zpsozy8xddt.jpg

Fooling everyone with our changed appearances sounds fun! I can't wait to see everyone :)

Oh, and I want teasers!!!!!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    HoneyRaven wrote: »
    SupLangdon, Happy Birthday for the 30th! I have a bottle of Moët here with your name on it - I know what you mean about birthdays after your 20s!

Hope you had an amazing day, despite the Florida weather xx

Thanks!!! Those vodka sunrise fruit Jell-O shots looks SOOO good too!!
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Happy birthday Suplangdon!!

image_zpskoku5frl.jpeg

This is seriously beyond cute! Thanks Linda!!
  • Options
    Here we Go!

HBSup.gif

Happy Birthdays All around. I'm off to see the Dentist of Death. But if my Loving PuterHead takes any audio or video of me rambling afterwards..........when I 'get back' it won't be pretty! So I don't think I'll end up on youtube by his hand. lol.

How can I go under the air without a clue about the clothes or event. Sigh. Please post it as soon as we 'vet it' Don't get me wrong, we still want to see any fake stuff, If you run into me, for the time being my Androids are Crystal and Willow I think AppleP is just doing her own thing....but then again, doesn't she always. I had a thought, what if we just do the fashion show here in the event?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Good luck KoKo! Feel better soon!
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Good luck, Koko, on your oral surgery!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Here we Go!

HBSup.gif

Happy Birthdays All around. I'm off to see the Dentist of Death. But if my Loving PuterHead takes any audio or video of me rambling afterwards..........when I 'get back' it won't be pretty! So I don't think I'll end up on youtube by his hand. lol.

How can I go under the air without a clue about the clothes or event. Sigh. Please post it as soon as we 'vet it' Don't get me wrong, we still want to see any fake stuff, If you run into me, for the time being my Androids are Crystal and Willow I think AppleP is just doing her own thing....but then again, doesn't she always. I had a thought, what if we just do the fashion show here in the event?

Thanks KOKO! So fun. Good luck at the dentist. I hate that place too!!!

Reminds me of that episode of K&L(?) where Lamar hadn't been to the dentist in years and Khloe made him go and ended up loving it LOL.
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Good luck, Koko!!! I'm sending quick recovery vibes your way! <3

And happy birthday, Suplangdon!! I hope you have an amazing weekend :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Now to be honest I don't really care about the throwback at all so I really hope that there's a event as usual.
  • Options
    SephoraaSephoraa Registered Users 29 Posts
    I have seen it mentioned a few times but can anyone explain to me what a Throw Back is? From what I can tell a lot of people seem to really really want one? 😊
  • Options
    Sephoraa wrote: »
    I have seen it mentioned a few times but can anyone explain to me what a Throw Back is? From what I can tell a lot of people seem to really really want one? &#55357;&#56842;

Throwback Sale is an event that you can spend 60 k-stars to open boxes which contain previous event's outfits.
  • Options
    I started thinking that my theory may be right for tomorrow :o
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Just had the mini update loading when I opened my game, hopefully the teasers will pop up soon :D
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Just saw the event spoilers on instagram, dying laughing - this is too much
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    16ia7wx.jpg
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I mean, I appreciate the silliness, but I don't want to grind for that outfit.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    NO WAY :D

I love the humor, but I'd rather grind to NOT have these items in my wardrobe :D
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Lol I hate the event but since the items has the sign maybe when we win them they appear different in the closet?
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Lol I hate the event but since the items has the sign maybe when we win them they appear different in the closet?

I hope that's it. That would be really clever and fun.
    GC: Coco Fabulous