v5 Update Bugs- Android Crashes + Throwback event bugs

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    :( I tried to restore special purchases and nothing!!!! It won't restore anything. Oh and it has me in my contact as a friend... How is that even possible that I am friends with myself?? Doll looks exactly the same, I change clothes and it changes too... Best part I haven't bought any homes or bought stuff for the apartment and it just completed the treat your self goal up to level 5.... Ugh that is not right at all it should be at 0 percent level 1 but I am at level 5...

Ugh I lost my plane, my houses, all the clothes and stuff I got from events and gift boxes so very unhappy at the moment... And I've been playing for over a year too :(

Hi. I would contact Apple Support through IMChat, and ask for their help. They just helped Amilicious, and they've helped me in the past. They can probably look and help you load a saved file. Good luck.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Any news on the G+ issue or the celeb perks crash?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I'm waiting to hear anything. I want our Perks,lol. But that darn icon keeps crashing my game when I hit it accidentally. I'm so ready for it to be fixed. If we don't hear anything by Monday, I'll check again. I also want to know how we should proceed about all the broken up friends. Right now Glu is investigating specific games, so hopefully we'll have an answer and a fix for the other issues, and I'm going to make a list of how much the 'ransoms' are. just to have on hand.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yeah I'm curious to know what I'll get from the Perks, that's a good addition!

If people give them screenshots, probably they'll compensate them for that, they always do!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Hiya. Personal update, nothing back about the Stuck Celebrity Perks yet. But.....as I was dating and just playing the game. on the Perk Stuck android, a little meter popped up that said "Perks 40%" and then disappeared. Naturally, I clicked out un-triggerable Perks Icon, thinking maybe now we'd unlock it, but now. Just crashed again.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Koko that happend to me too, couple of days ago I got 'Perks 20%' and today 'Perks 40%'.

And my friends are getting frozen with the G+ issue connection, saw Jax today and he was without his bubble speech and wasn't at my friends list along with others who also disappeared...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I am so drained with this whole issue. From my now broken up friends, (I'm looking at over 400 Stars in Make up fees for one game alone) to no perks, a TV show called 'The' because the celebrity perks button crashed my game when I was about to type ZLicious......What else have I got?

Vats, Kat seems to be frozen in the fur coat outfit. Is this accurate to you? She had that on Thursday. Since then Kat hasn't seen ANYONE change their clothes, and the other Android see Kat frozen in the THursday outfit. So, what does Kat appear to be wearing to you? And there are a couple of other quirks with Kat's game. Right not I don't know if it's all related, or if there is some kind of thing I can do to at least fix the changing of their clothes.

And as soon as we hear anything about these issues, I promise to post updates.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Regarding the throwback disappearing Glu wants us to be aware that:

They're already aware of this unlikely but possible case:
    - A player updates to v500
    - A player gets a Throwback Event
    - A player is or becomes higher on the Top Stars list than all NPCs and is offered a Comeback
    - Player takes the Comeback and gets their fame reset to 0

I'm on my third comeback, but not number one yet. Does this mean I don't get the throwbacks until I grind back to #1?
    Koko hope that in the future they give an opportunity to change the show's name and you can fix that.

Kats is wearing the orange/red outfit you posted on the fashion thread and Z is wearing black and the xmas hair. Jax, both Carols and Cherrey are gone from my game for now...

Keem we had a midweek throwback event that ended 2 days ago, maybe we're going to have another on other moment, it was a limited time event and has nothing to do with your position on the top list.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Ok, that's weird, I know I answered Keem's post, and that answer isn't there now. But yes, the throwback was the first of these new events, snd the explanation that included taking a comeback, was trying to explain under what circumstances, a glitch was present.

The comebacks have nothing to do with throwback events. I'm sure facebook will be doing Throwback Events in the future, sorry you missed this one.

As far as my Androids not seeing each other properly, they are always is sync, within a few hours. So, I don't know why they're not changing. If this is all because of that Google change to gamer BS, I am going to be a very unhappy camper. The only G I want in my life is Glu. I am so tired of Google trying to run everything.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Koko hope that in the future they give an opportunity to change the show's name and you can fix that.

Kats is wearing the orange/red outfit you posted on the fashion thread and Z is wearing black and the xmas hair. Jax, both Carols and Cherrey are gone from my game for now...

Keem we had a midweek throwback event that ended 2 days ago, maybe we're going to have another on other moment, it was a limited time event and has nothing to do with your position on the top list.

Well now I am truly confused! I was in the SFO airport at the time the throwback was happening. I did have 5 minutes to load the game, but did not see this event...
    But if it's going to be weekly, it's fine! I look forward to next week! Thx for the help!
    It was said that they'd be rolling it out when other events were not in play, but that doesn't guarantee every week. I'm hoping one starts each week when the event is over, but sigh, in my heart I'm sure we're not that lucky. :)

ETA: The throwback is over for now, but I am trying to compile a current list of issues.
    • large number of Android games are not showing current appearance and Fan ranking . Frozen in last week. 5 people see one doll dressed 5 different ways. Does this mean we're not saving?
    • A number of androids have a flashing Celeb Perks button that can't be triggered. You click and the game crashes.
    • Real Player Contacts broke up with us after appearing in our reality series. up to 50Stars demanded for Ransoms or we can't play with them again. NPCs also break up after Reality Show Task. NPCs breaking up with also.
    • some games have Maria calling every screenchange with compliments players must click through to resume game.
    • Some iOS games report not saving to the cloud, losing progress when they get their game back.

If I missed anything, please add it below.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I did a reality show gig last night and yet another RPC broke up with me afterwards. :( So it wasn't just during the throwback.
    Yes, until we say it's fixed...DO NOT USE ANY REAL PLAYER CONTACTS IN THE REALITY SHOW. And, don't use any NPCs that you like. Pick the ill dressed, clashing hued, dorkmeister NPCs that you don't mind losing. In Face, if you don't want the break up call and any loss of fans, after the show....deleted them before they break up. THen go into any restaurant or club and pick up some new NPCs. I don't think it is Throwback related....it is Reality Show related.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, there's an Android Update, we should have picked up Friday. I'm taking it now and will be back with more info about some of these bugs.

Hang on - oh, after you go get your updates.

For the players who haven't gotten the Rivals quest. Please post listing your
    Platform/ OS Version/ Device/ Level

And make sure you have no outstanding tasks. You need a clean slate before they can address it. :)

The Android patch did infact shake loose the celeb perks. I don't know if anything moved on the appearance and rank of our dolls not changing to our friends. I shut both games down and I'm going to try again. fingers crossed, and tell me how you guys make out.

When I get anything on the other issues, I'll post it here.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yay Celeb Perks is working! Thanks Glu!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Twylyght MystTwylyght Myst Registered Users 130 Posts
    Hi. I would contact Apple Support through IMChat, and ask for their help. They just helped Amilicious, and they've helped me in the past. They can probably look and help you load a saved file. Good luck.

Thanks Koko, I don't have a computer at the moment to get the backed up save... And I am very UNHAPPY with Glu Support at the moment... He didn't even read what was going on with my situation.... All he did was copy and paste what to do if you transfer fm one device to the other and how to force back up my save.... Not even close to what is going on!!!
    Game Center: Twylyght Myst
    Britney Spears: 86D94L7R

Daily KKH, K&K, & BS:AD player

Gordon Ramsey Dash player
    ok, no computer, no problem (maybe) I'd still try the chat with them, I had access to the computer, so we did it that way, But, they might be able to help with out one, if you can chat, you can ask them. I'm not trying to make excuses for the response you got, but speaking from experience if you read a lot of tickets, it's very easy to just misunderstand due to a quick read.

I don't recall the actual problem, but if I got a response that didn't relate, I'd write back 'thank you very much for your suggestions, but I don't think you read my problem right." something like that politely saying "You're wrong," and asking them to look at your issue, and very succinctly tell them what the problem is again.

But check with Apple. They must have support for people with Apple Devices, and no computer access. So, you resubmit a ticket, and try Apple, so we have 2 avenues for a fix. My fingers are crossed, and when you talk to apple support, let us know what they say?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trangietrangie Registered Users 29 Posts
    I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this problem on iOS, but recently I've been experiencing blank screens when the game changes from places to places (travelling or going in/out customisation). I've tried waiting for the game to respond but it would just crash so what I've been doing is to just force close the app and open it again. It doesn't affect my game progress but it's quite annoying and imagine having the blank screen when you're travelling around trying to get the energies... :( this has been happening for two or three days now and a device reboot didn't help. I'm playing on my iPod touch 6th gen, iOS 9.3.1 and my doll is on level 45.
    I haven't heard anyone mention this. But I'm sorry it's happening. Have you checked out the FAQ pages for any suggestions? I found this here.

How do I prevent crashing on my Apple device?

The two most important performance parameters for any game are system resources and quality of connection.

Most games tend to be resource-hungry and can crash without enough memory or CPU time. It's best to let the game run exclusively.

For devices running on iOS 7 or higher:

Double tap on the home button to see the apps running in the background, then swipe the upwards with your finger to clear it from memory. You can repeat this action for all other apps you would like to close.

For devices running on previous iOS versions:

Double tap on the home button to see the apps running in the background, then touch one of them and hold your finger down until you see a red minus sign, touch the sign to terminate the app. You can terminate most apps on this screen to free up memory. Tap on the home button to return then try to launch the game now. Most users report this works for them. if it does not work for you right away, turn off your device completely then turn it back on and try again.

Another factor that may affect game stability is the quality of the Internet connection. For best results, use a reliable WiFi connection rather than a network connection (eg. 3G, 4G), which can vary in strength depending on traffic in the area. Having high "bars" indicates good signal strength but may not reflect actual throughput.

Even if you have good signal strength showing for your WiFi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested (eg. there are many users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video).

There are free bandwidth test apps you can run to check your total throughput. You should have at least 10Mb download and 3Mb upload for the game to run properly.

One thing definitely to avoid is powering the device off, or removing the battery while the program is running.

If that doesn't help, come back and tell us, and then I'd submit a ticket to Customer Care. Fingers Crossed for you.

Also....do you have ads in your game? That is a killer on some games. I had crashing issues and I bought a star pack from the Star Shop, and eliminated ads in addition to getting stars. It's a cheap fix when you think of what you get for the small payout
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Android 4.1.1
    QMobile A50
    Level 43
    Male

Can't invite friends/NPCs to co-star on the show:

It's the same issue as last week. When I try to invite a friend or NPC to co-star on my show, the contact list appears to be empty. I haven't received any breakup calls so far, but still this glitch is annoying!

Partner not paying for dates:

This has been confirmed by all Android users, that since v5.0 the partners have stopped paying for dates, again. I went on over a 100 dates this weekend, and none of them were free.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • trangietrangie Registered Users 29 Posts
    Hi Koko,
    Yes I am aware of this, my game is ad-free as I have made in-games purchases before. Other games seems to perform fine under my internet connection (even the glitchy KKG). The thing is my device would become slightly laggy/unresponsive for a second or two when this happens, and I tend not to have any other apps opened in the background when I play games so I don't think it's a memory problem (I've also made sure to close the app before rebooting the iPod). It's just a bit strange to me, on another hand I've just successfully filmed 2 episodes of my reality show without it giving me the blank screen as I move between rooms in my Calabasas home so that's a win (the problem only happens once in a while)
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    trangie wrote: »
    Hi Koko,
    Yes I am aware of this, my game is ad-free as I have made in-games purchases before. Other games seems to perform fine under my internet connection (even the glitchy KKG). The thing is my device would become slightly laggy/unresponsive for a second or two when this happens, and I tend not to have any other apps opened in the background when I play games so I don't think it's a memory problem (I've also made sure to close the app before rebooting the iPod). It's just a bit strange to me, on another hand I've just successfully filmed 2 episodes of my reality show without it giving me the blank screen as I move between rooms in my Calabasas home so that's a win (the problem only happens once in a while)

This has been my problem for some time as well. It comes and goes and sometimes it is worse than other times.

Also, my other problem is I have yet to meet the new characters in the game.
    IOS
    V 9.3.1
    Level 40
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Just received 2 calls from RPC's breaking up with me from reality shows I did today. I stupidly thought they had surely fixed this. Evidently not!!! >.< That's 3 RPC's now that I have to pay before I can play with them again. I wouldn't have used them but the darned NPCS disappear and I had nobody else to call!! I can't believe the haven't fixed this yet!!!

EDIT:
    Grrr.... Make that 3 real friends broke up with me. I took screenshots of these 3, I didn't get a screenshot of the first one that did it last week. Koko have you heard what they are planning on doing about the friends that broke up?? I know one that broke up today was 35 stars to remain friends. That's ridiculous considering I didn't do anything to deserve it. =\
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    iOs player: the RPC's I invited to my reality show broke up with me. The NPC's disappear from my list once I have used them, only to return 8/10 hours later...
    Hope this gets solved soon!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I was told to post here if I haven't gotten the rivals quest.

Hydrolife
    Android 4.3
    Level 33
    Male
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    trangie wrote: »
    Hi Koko,
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    This has been my problem for some time as well. It comes and goes and sometimes it is worse than other times.
    Also, my other problem is I have yet to meet the new characters in the game.
    IOS
    V 9.3.1
    Level 40

Hi. For the Blank screen at times, you should really contact Customer Care and see what they can offer.

And what new characters are you talk about Kayla? My mind is as blank as that occasional screen. oh, do you mean the Rival? A young girl who does a youtube cover of one of your songs? Glu is looking into this, I'll supply your info.

For these issues:

Breakups after Reality Show
    No Rival Quest
    Android Google Sign in over and over
    Android not updating in rank/appearance.
    Save issues for both Android and ios

I'm checking on these, and was previously told that they were being worked on.

the Celebrity Perk issue was repaired Friday with an Android update available in the playstore.

Thanks for your patience. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Android 5.1.1
    Level 33 Male

Adding some detailed observations I found about these glitches.

Google+ Issue
    Once I exit the game fully, when I go back into the game I am signed out of G+ and need to sign back in.
    All my friends are frozen and I do not see their comeback status (A++ or E+++ rank), I am just seeing their A or E ranks.

Reality Show Issue
    RL contacts are calling to break up with me after inviting them to my reality show gig in Calabasas, but they remain in the list to invite.
    NPC contacts disappear from the list to invite after appearing once on my reality show (no break up calls).
    PM to add
  • buffyslayergalbuffyslayergal Registered Users 27 Posts
    Not exactly a bug, but...

Based on screenshots shared on both IG and this forum, it appears that items from every past event (save for really recent events) have been included in the Throwback Event EXCEPT ONE: the Baby Bash Event Party Event from June 5-7, 2015, which is unfortunately the event containing my #1 wishlist item for Throwback, the white winged shoes.

I'm not familiar with how to host and post pics, so for now here's a link to the archived page from the forum with photos of the items: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?...g-Items/page16 (post #160, c/o KatePillgrim).

This seems so random that I assume those event items were not overlooked intentionally. Glu, if you could possibly include them for upcoming Throwback Events that would be so wonderful! And thank you, more generally, for introducing this wonderful Throwback feature; I've been playing since the beginning and 5.0 is without question my favourite update yet!
    No need for pictures. For the best answer, I would write to customer care and ask them why this was omitted, will it be included in the future. If you get the answer to this, could you come back and share the info? I know it's been posted here a time or two, and now it's another (and this is a good thread for the glitches if just for the record.) but no pictures please.

And yes, I told GLu this was bigger than the babies. Ok, I love the babies, but....when people were feeling really low about some things in the game....they pulled Throwback Event out of the Rabbit's Hat, and made us fall in love all over again. Hang on while I fan myself. I think the reason I so love it, I have little luck with my Androids, and Apple P just missed out on two of the best dressed. And as someone who plunks a lot of $ in to Feed the Kitty, when I am given costfree ways to go back and try again it's awesome. I really objected from the beginning when people wanted Earned by Grinding items. But then a warm fuzzy feeling came over me, and I thought throwbacks were good for everyone. And now with the Events, it's like Christmas. I'm still going to spend $ on giftboxes on the weekend, because it's become part of the fun if you allow a certain amount. & that feeds the need it now factor. But, to go back and pick up what I missed....priceless.

Sorry for the non glitch talk, but my new friend BuffySlayerGal opened the conversation. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary