Fashion Show 5.0.0 Show Us What Ya Got!

isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
Hey there. So with our Update 5.0.0 we've seen a bunch of new things: new clothes, shoes, hair, and accessories, plus some amazing gifts from Glu. Thank you, Glu! The addition of Celebrity Perks and new Achievement categories--those geared toward our new reality TV series. We got a weekday Thowback event, something everyone's been pining for, though I realize some are unhappy because they just want to buy boxes outright; others because they mistakenly thought a Throwback box is like a single grab bag of goodies, and that's not the way it works. I just got my third box. I'm at 311 with only six hours left so I know I'll never get that last coveted box. :( But anyway, I've only seen some people posting what their palettes consisted of...and it's time to get styling, dolls! Show us anything new you've picked up in the kloset since the update, and let's see your dolls rockin' out in their Throwback wear!:D Oh! Plus please, everyone feel free to add anything I may have forgotten to mention, and just plain whatever suits your fancy. ;)❤️

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    Hi Isabeau, since the updates 1st weekend event clothes will be up in a while, I'd like to also designate it the Event Fashion Thread. Since it's not VIP, it's not like we're modeling things we could have purchased in 2015 kwin? After all I named the event LIITA + Love 5.0 so it all goes hand in hand. How does that sound? And am I confused but did you say you wanted to start a Throwback Fashion thread? I could be confused. lol. It's been quite the week.

ETA: Oh, you mentioned both as 1. Ok, and we'll tag on this weekend clothes...............drum rolll because they all came out of the Early Lovely lovely Update. :) What do you think?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I won/earned this outfit yesterday and wasn't too happy with it. But two good things here: I love this lopped off ponytail hairstyle from Glu and, didja ever buy anything in the wardrobe by accident (need to make a thread for that!)? Well, that's how I got these red Mary Janes. If my doll ever wears this ensemble again, at least she'll have the shoes to match.

image_zpslfneudyk.png

New cropped hoodie with new black skirt.
    image_zps2rtrazjp.jpeg

Here's a fun new denim jumpsuit courtesy of Glu.

image_zpsmmpfyklw.jpeg

What else have we got here? Let's see...

Gorge new mock turtle top and and black sandals, gifted by Glu.

image_zpsvls1vodn.jpeg

Throwback gladiator sandals. I wonder what they originally went with, it was a little slice of h e l l trying to style them!

image_zpspkk9dnwa.jpeg

I've got a few more things I'd love to show, but everyone's gotta show us their's too! We'll be waiting, dolls.
    Hi Isabeau, since the updates 1st weekend event clothes will be up in a while, I'd like to also designate it the Event Fashion Thread. Since it's not VIP, it's not like we're modeling things we could have purchased in 2015 kwin? After all I named the event LIITA + Love 5.0 so it all goes hand in hand. How does that sound? And am I confused but did you say you wanted to start a Throwback Fashion thread? I could be confused. lol. It's been quite the week.

ETA: Oh, you mentioned both as 1. Ok, and we'll tag on this weekend clothes...............drum rolll because they all came out of the Early Lovely lovely Update. :) What do you think?

Hey Koko, hi! What a whole mess of new stuff! You're right, I didn't even think of all the event things coming up, and taking precedence on top of it. So, yes, I think your idea is best, but...maybe the new update clothes and throwbacks don't even rate for a thread; I didn't think of that. There's been so much all at the same time I completely forgot about the weekend event--and I *never* forget that--none of us do; so glad for the reminder so I remember to get up at 5:00 am, thank you! Yikes. I believe whatever you think is best is the way things should go, and especially to avoid any confusion. This thread can just go ahead and just be deleted, that would be fine. :)
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Thanks for starting this thread isabeau! I am so sad that my new doll only has 1 throwback item and I couldn't complete the event since it disappeared and never reappeared on my game.:( But I'm OK with my original doll that already has 3 throwback clothing. I wasn't in the mood to continue grinding for the 4th giftbox on my first game since it's unfair that my new doll doesn't have a chance of getting 3 more throwback clothing.:(

I think that this throwback fashion thread will cheer me up and it will take my mind away from all of my worries.:)☺

I will post my dolls looks later.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I was at level 8 of celeb perk with 810/900 points. I bought the largest pack on sale and jumped to level 13 with 2815/4000 points. What a jump, I still don't get how it works but do I really care?

I got the cap hairstyle, it's awesome <3 I can't wait to get the other long straight hair!

nsb1pOR.jpg
    PM to add
    Thanks for starting this thread isabeau! I am so sad that my new doll only has 1 throwback item and I couldn't complete the event since it disappeared and never reappeared on my game.:( But I'm OK with my original doll that already has 3 throwback clothing. I wasn't in the mood to continue grinding for the 4th giftbox on my first game since it's unfair that my new doll doesn't have a chance of getting 3 more throwback clothing.:(

I think that this throwback fashion thread will cheer me up and it will take my mind away from all of my worries.:)☺

I will post my dolls looks later.

Aw, Carol. I know, it was so out of left field that everything became a mad scramble. I didn't even try for my doll's last box, though I really, really wanted it. Something that happened, I think it was with people doing a comeback...? (I could be wrong here.) And their Throwback disappeared. Now I happened to notice with the VIP Perks onscreen, one category is +1 energy bolt. So I can't help but wonder if something went wrong somehow in that comeback dolls always receive +3 bolts. But was that problem for freshly new comebacks? Was the system possibly not able to work with that? Three energy, not one? How does a person get just one energy unless it's given by Glu as they did for all of us? Perfectly honestly, I have no idea how other to get any additional single bolt except for doing a comeback, which is +3. There was confusion here, some late starts--mine was late too--a lot of questions...I thought it was a great idea, but I also think we should get a do-over. Heh. Love you girl.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Carolyn Ferocious won the boots. She's hoping to win more missed clothing for the future throwback events.
    1zzgdgk.png

Carol Davida won the Halloween tights, purse, and the white jumpsuit.
    2r780op.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    This look feels very 90's to me.. waaaay too much midriff, but if I had a midriff like Charlotte's I guess I'd rock it too. I love this top. Wish I had more items to wear with the pants.

2ppkbhg.jpg
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    My weekend event looks!

PhotoGrid_1462076563722.jpg

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!