iCloud save just won't pop up

AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
I've had to reset my tablet and when I went into kkh, it just wouldn't ask me if I wanted to use my iCloud save. I've done this before with 0 issues and now it just won't work. I am so distressed right now, I just don't understand what is happening and I'm terrified I'll lose everything.

Any ideas?

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Amilicious Take a deep breath. We'll try and help.

Thie first thing I'd do, start an IM chat with Apple Support. I firmly believe in letting the professionals sweat it out with my game. They'll help you reload, maybe from itunes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Thank you Koko, it hadn't occurred to me, I'll contact them right now!
    Also. I'm assuming you shut down when it wouldn't load your stuff. Try opening up again, and see if you get a choice between a new set of data (from when you just tried to open) and an older game save. If this happens the older save should be the higher level, more cash, xp etc, from the game you've been playing and are trying to retrieve.

But, rather than trying over and over, since you're Apple, I'd go right to the source. Support is awesome.

Good luck, and please let us know how this turns out. My fingers are crossed for a quick solution.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I had already tried reopening it and waiting, but no go. It normally loads instantly. I'm praying Apple support can help.
    My fingers are crossed, the support there is phenomenal. I Did the IMChat with Support from my laptop, they had me connect my ipad, and the next thing I knew they had me set up in itunes (It can save there too), and it showed me a number of different saves. Naturally we picked the right one, loaded it and I was good to go.

Good luck, and if you get an unresponsive agent, wait a few minutes and go in and try for a different one, but I've never had to switch agents with Apple.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I am back with an update. I think there might be a glitch on Gluus side with iCloud loading, so my only option was reverting back my iPad to yesterday. I lost a bit of progress, but I have my game back at least.

This also seemed to have fixed my missing sale that everyone got and I managed to male that purchase.

However, the special offer I bought today seems to be missing, but I hope support can restore it for me.

Thank you for your help Koko, I would have never thought about just contacting Apple. Let's just say from now on I'll be making an iTunes copy everytime lol.
    Submit a ticket to customer care, attach the receipt for your sale and tell them what happened. I'm glad you game is back.

And on both ios and Android there have been sign in issues. I'm hoping the next patch resolves all these things.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yup, I will, I'm definitely not worried about that.

I'm viewing this as a positive experience and a learning one. At least my sale popped up and I was able to enjoy that. Again, a million thanks, you're an amazing person!
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    This is the exact same thing that happened to Twylyght Myst. She lost her entire game also and no way to reload her save. This sounds like an issue GLU needs to look into. There may be more players experiencing this and we're just not hearing about it on the boards.
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    I'm having the same issue as well! I have never had an issue with my game syncing\loading up to my iPad and it won't even prompt for the iCloud game that exists! It's stressing me out because I tend to switch devices quite often. And when I get my new phone I pray this is fixed....