V5 Rivals Story line

Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
Hello! I didn't get any gig related to the new rival, I believe its called "Days gone by". I was wondering if there's a level requirement or something like that. From some comments I've seen around the forum I think I'm not the only one. May be its a glitch? Thanks in advanced, any information will be helpful :)
Call me Lu :)
Android player

Add me on FB

Comments

• FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    Hi Laralu I also didn't get it. I hope it comes soon! Chase looks hot and young lol ;) and I really want a new rival. Willow is so last season!
    Hi! Call meย Fin! Dailyย KKHย andย KKGย player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    It's nice to see I'm not the only one! Since I saw a couple of forum members already got the storyline I was wondering when I'm going to get it!
    Lol, they do look young, like there's a decade between the rivals and our dolls
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi guys. You don't say what levels you are, but the first thing to ask is if you have any tasks you haven't finished yet. What is the last storyline you completed? Are you sure you haven't left anyone waiting for you for a meeting in Brew Palms? If all your tasks are complete, and you don't have the meeting in Brew Palms, we'll try to get an answer for you when the work week starts :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Sorry Koko, I didn't realize that. I'm level 34! I don't have anyone waiting for me in Brew Palms. The only new gig I got from the update was to do the realities, and after filming the first episode I got a call say that anytime I want to film a new one I have to go to Mirimount Pictures. And that was it!
    Android player

Add me on FB
    Ok, Level 34 certainly passes any level requirement. (I've never seen a level require ment past the low teens) I'm adding Not receiving Rivals gig to the bug report. So watch that thread for any updates, you also have the option of submitting a ticket to customer care. If you do, would you come back and tell us what they said? And I'll post anything I hear in this thread and over in the Bug thread for 5.0. Sorry this is happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I submitted a ticket to customer care a few days ago, but I have had no answer yet. As soon as I hear from them I'll let you know what they say. Thanks for answering, lets hope for a fix :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
    Hi I just updated this topic in the bug thread. While you wait for Customer Care, we might be able to help. Please make sure that you have completed all your tasks, and have a clean slate.

Post your Platform/ OS Version/ Level in Game. When I get that info, I can get it back to Glu to check it out. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I have Android 5.1, and I'm lvl 34 in Game :) I can post pics of my current available gigs if that helps, let me know!
    Android player

Add me on FB
    Ok, thanks. I'll pass it along. THanks. Hopefully they'll shake it free for you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I've received an answer to my customer care ticket. I was asked if I had my game updated to the latest version, to make sure it's associated to Google Play and Facebook and to avoid using multiple accounts on the same device. Also to always make sure that I'm playing on a strong internet connection avoiding using 3G/4G. Then they suggested to close all the applications in the background while playing the game.

I answered that my game is updated, associated to those accounts, always with a strong connection to WiFi and no applications running in the background while playing.

Lol, honestly, I understand why the former (updated game) would trigger not getting the gigs, but not the others. Anyway, I hope they fix this soon...
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • pudifishpudifish Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 9 Posts
    I still didn't get the new rivals quest :(

Android 5.0
    Zenfone 5
    Level 30
    Female
    Hi pudifish, I copied your post over here, and I'll try and find out what is happening with this for you.

Do you have any outstanding tasks? If so complete those, and then let us know if the Rivals storyline pops up or not. Meanwhile I'll get your info added to this issue, and I'll see if there is any news on this front.

Nice to meet you pudifish, hope we can get this resolved for everyone without the Rivals storyline. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I've received an answer to my customer care ticket. I was asked if I had my game updated to the latest version, to make sure it's associated to Google Play and Facebook and to avoid using multiple accounts on the same device. Also to always make sure that I'm playing on a strong internet connection avoiding using 3G/4G. Then they suggested to close all the applications in the background while playing the game.

I answered that my game is updated, associated to those accounts, always with a strong connection to WiFi and no applications running in the background while playing.

Lol, honestly, I understand why the former (updated game) would trigger not getting the gigs, but not the others. Anyway, I hope they fix this soon...

Hi. That does sound like a pretty stock answer, but I passed the No Rivals situation along to Glu, who are looking into it based on the complaints in this thread. So, there is hope on the horizon. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • pudifishpudifish Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 9 Posts
    Thanks Koko. I have 5 quests but they're all old, the last ones being the Sillion Valley Saviour and the Konspiracy Event. If I remember correctly I got the Cannes quest but I already completed it. I hope this gets fixed at least in a future update :/
  • suplangdonsuplangdon Registered Users 215 Posts
    I also have not gotten anything to do with the new rivals.

iOS
    Level 18
    KKH 5.0.0

I only have one event to do, it's the Amerikanne photo shoot. Other than that I have completed everything the game has thrown at me so far and none of that has had anything to do with Cannes or Rivals. I second what poster said about after establishing reality show I was just told to go to Hollywood studios anytime I wanted to film.
    Thanks Koko. I have 5 quests but they're all old, the last ones being the Sillion Valley Saviour and the Konspiracy Event. If I remember correctly I got the Cannes quest but I already completed it. I hope this gets fixed at least in a future update :/

Those old quests are probably blocking the Rivals quest. ANd, if that's not what's blocking it, Glu won't begin to check it out till your tasks are all done. Can you finish them and then post again if you don't get the Rivals, we can ask Glu to help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I also have not gotten anything to do with the new rivals.

iOS
    Level 18
    KKH 5.0.0

I only have one event to do, it's the Amerikanne photo shoot. Other than that I have completed everything the game has thrown at me so far and none of that has had anything to do with Cannes or Rivals. I second what poster said about after establishing reality show I was just told to go to Hollywood studios anytime I wanted to film.

When is that task available? The first thing Glu tells us when there is any kind of blockage, is to make sure we have finished every task. Can you finish that task and come back and update us? My fingers are crossed that the storylines will open up for you. Also, make sure you are updated to the latest version of the game

Please list your OS version, not your KKH version. So you'd be iOS/ OS Version (for iOS probably 9 something?) / Device / Level.

I don't understand what you mean about another poster and the reality show. Can you be more specific? I can't go back and read everything to find what you're talking about, but the Reality show is a new feature that is always available for us to go do when we have nothing to do, and don't feel like doing parties or Shifts at a boutique.

ETA: Ok, I found it after all. The reality show has nothing to do with the Storylines you're missing. Above I explained the function of the reality shows, in addition to being able to do the reality show anytime, they do count as professional gigs, so you can do the reality show anytime an event is telling you to do professional gigs.

But I wold finish that last task of yours and see what happens.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    So if we're way back in the storyline we won't get the new Rivals yet? I haven't got the storyline yet either. But I still have some tasks to do. So are you saying we have to be at the end of the storyline to get the Rivals storyline Koko? Just trying to be clear.
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
    I'm sure there is a sequence to certain storylines...but I don't know which need to be completed before you get the next one. But, I do know that Customer Care, and private instructions from Glu always tell you to finish all the open storylines/tasks you have. I don't see why Rivals would be different.

Earlier this week someone was asking about the "Kim lost her mothers earring gift" they were currently going through, and I recall doing that storyline over a year ago, so I think the majority of the storylines go in sequence. A short while ago people were asking about the Mario/Jen makeover storyline, that was a long time ago too. I believe the people who are listing not getting the Rivals storyline have all completed the available storylines, and are waiting for this one. Do you have active storylines TwiztidRose?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I think the storylines follow an order, it makes the most sense; storylines and gigs aren't just randomly thrown at players. You have to just play at each stage you move along to. At lower levels of the game there are still many, many storylines to come; it can take maybe six months or longer to get through them. I believe the rivals don't appear until that storyline rolls its way down to individuals who have reached that point. And since they're not event gigs, everyone doesn't get them at the same time. I had at least the beginnings of the rival gigs, probably because I finished all my storylines a while ago.

Here's Skylar Hale from my game. She's even worse than Willow. And her slimy manager, ew, he's horrible. And very insulting. Both of them = serious yuck!

image_zpsmgcvr3ac.png

Instead of being nice I should've said "Well...you're not." I don't like to be mean.

image_zps8yxbwmfg.png

For once, Willow's right. I don't care about the attention, but this nose-wrinkling, cotton-candy-haired cheerleader, liar, and user--and oh, ffs, she got a hashtag necklace?? Like, really?!--is not...she's...ughhhh.

image_zps5itus66c.png
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Yes Koko. I tend to lag doing storyline tasks sometimes. When I get to a point where I'm told, "go meet so and so at X location," I tend to spend some time just doing random calls from Simon for awhile. Right now I'm working on the D-Lish quest line. So I'm waaaay back there lol.
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
    I am the same way TwiztidR. I can't tell you how long I've left people waiting in Brew Palms or Panino. It's a little uncomfortable if you go there and ignore them. When you get to the Rivals you'll wish you hadn't. This new one is so awful, you want to team up with Willow to toss this new B into the river or something.

And now that everyone understands that you must be up to date in Storyline before you get the latest quests, I'd like to keep this thread for games that have come to the end of the storyline, and didn't get the next Quest, which in this case happens to be the Rivals. Thanks. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I finally got the 'Days Gone by' gig! :happy dance:
    Android player

Add me on FB
    Um, did you just call for a happy dance? Well, Elaine is very popular. Twice in 2 days. Ok, but here's a longer version. And remember....you asked for it.

And now I have to admonish myself for goofing around in this Support thread. Ok:

MOD; Koko, try not to do it again. Bet a good example please, not a jackbutt.

ME But...it's not like it's smack in the middle of a crashing thread.

MOD: Ok, That's it. You're embarrassing both of us. Just sit down and go sit in a corner. Don't speak unless spoken to. At least here. ok?

ME: Now I know why everyone calls you a PITA. Coz you are. and a big one.

KMicDrop_zps6yxs6xes.gif

MOD: Ugh. She's such a Drama Queen.

Anyway, there's your Happy Dance Laralu! And big Congrats on the next Quest. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Loved you for this! I used to watch Seinfeld, I think it was the first TV series I watched. I'm starting my 50th one soon, so that's something. Lol, how can one forget the little kicks!

So happy finally get to meet the infamous rival :D
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • suplangdonsuplangdon Registered Users 215 Posts
    When is that task available? The first thing Glu tells us when there is any kind of blockage, is to make sure we have finished every task. Can you finish that task and come back and update us? My fingers are crossed that the storylines will open up for you. Also, make sure you are updated to the latest version of the game

Please list your OS version, not your KKH version. So you'd be iOS/ OS Version (for iOS probably 9 something?) / Device / Level.

I don't understand what you mean about another poster and the reality show. Can you be more specific? I can't go back and read everything to find what you're talking about, but the Reality show is a new feature that is always available for us to go do when we have nothing to do, and don't feel like doing parties or Shifts at a boutique.

ETA: Ok, I found it after all. The reality show has nothing to do with the Storylines you're missing. Above I explained the function of the reality shows, in addition to being able to do the reality show anytime, they do count as professional gigs, so you can do the reality show anytime an event is telling you to do professional gigs.

But I wold finish that last task of yours and see what happens.

It all makes since now!!! Totally forgot to come back to this thread. Life happened and I forgot about those pesky little rivals after all until this new update today. Anyways, now I know my problems is that I'm just not up to that point in the storyline. Awesome!