Happy May - waiting for a mini-update?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
I should have posted this yesterday, but with the Shower, the Weekend Event life going on, never got a chance.
Happy May

Maypole.gif
This is a May Pole, in olden days young maidens would gather round the pole and dance.
That's my little bit of May trivia. We have Cinco de Mayo in a couple of days, but I know we are all watching our games for the next little mini update. You know, when you open the game and instead of the regular loading you get the little red meter that starts shooting out percentages 20%, 43%, 50, 60. 99 and the big 100%.

We heard rumors that there is another Throwback Event midweek. So, I thought I open this waiting for the mini update thread. First one who sees it load, let us know. Last week was like a blur, no down time. The Throwback started.....I want to say Tuesday. right?

So, what are you hoping for in the next Throwback? I know a number of us, went with a box other than our 'usual' only to find the item we've been thirsting for (That's right, thirsting. We're all ThirstyThots for the game) in the usual. It happened to me with that skin tight rooty looking black and white dress. I sat and looked at that palette for a few minutes and let it sink in.

What are your strategies for box picking? What are you doing today in the game? Or, are you spending today getting ready to devote the next 6 days of your life to the never ending quest for fame, fans and frocks.

Anyone have CincoDM plans? Anyway, I figured we could wait for next big adventure in the game right here. :)

Here's a song to get you up and moving on this lovely
May Morning .

What's on your wish list of things to earn in the next Throwback Event?
I have a short list, but to be honest even when I get a red plastic heart ring, I know I'll never get THAT again in my prize box......so it's all good.
I'm gonna try the positive energy and realization technique. Visualize the item you want coming to you in a box and see if you can make it happen. What are they called, Dream Boards? Mine is in my mind. ;)
(Basically talk about anything, we're chillin and waitin and hopin, and then hoping some more.)

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456712

Comments

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Woohoo!! Midweek events usually start on Tuesday, same time as the weekend event, which in my case is 11am.
    I'm really hoping to win some dresses or hairstyles this time around as last week I won accessoiries only... But like you said, Koko, at least I won't be able to win them again lol!
    I'm making my wishlist as we speak, will post it once I have found all the pics!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Will throwback start the same time as it did last week?

If that's the case, it'll be 2.30am my time lol.
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh, my wishlist would be easy. Just post all my palettes from last week, and tell you all to look one to the right. I swear, each box I picked, what I would have loved was one to the right. So....I'm thinking I'll move my finger one to the right this time.

If amyone
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    I always pick the bottom middle left box. Always. I refuse to stray because I know once I do my coveted item would be in there.

As for this weekend I'll be in Vegas :D so I hope I don't want any earnable items to bad this weekend because I won't be able to grind that much.
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
    I always pick the first box.
    PM to add
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Happy May, everyone! Omg another throwback this week? We're certainly being spoiled by Glu lately!

So my friend's gig got cancelled due to the weather :(:( and I'm now stuck indoors all dressed up with nowhere to go and nothing to do. I came across another Kardashian quiz, give it a go if you're as bored as me! I got 12/15 correct - i don't know whether to be proud of that or embarrassed that I know so much about them... lol who am I kidding, I LOVE KUWTK :D

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/feature/a792441/quiz-how-well-do-you-know-the-kardashians/
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Happy May guys!

I'm ready to climb that pole and start my acrobatic moves lol

Who said about a new mid-week?

Please that this time we get throwback #3 where we can buy the boxes and please Glu make a good selection of items!

I don't have lucky at all just krap come from my boxes... just saw Nai post where one box hadn't any item, totally can see I'm chosing that one:(
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Happy May guys!

I'm ready to climb that pole and start my acrobatic moves lol

Who said about a new mid-week?

Please that this time we get throwback #3 where we can buy the boxes and please Glu make a good selection of items!

I don't have lucky at all just krap come from my boxes... just saw Nai post where one box hadn't any item, totally can see I'm chosing that one:(

Why do you love paying 60 kstars for items so much?!!!...I can't wrap my head around it lol. I love grinding TB very much because I get a shot at having something. With paying TB there is not possibility of that, so for real why do you love them so much?

How are you doing with the whatsapp withdrawal? I'm counting the minutes down because right now is 5 to 2 pm.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    It's confirmed by someone on insta that there is a throwback event on Tuesday (not sure which timezone). She already opened a box.
    PM to add
  • FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    We're probably be getting it later or tomorrow.

This is the official 2nd comeback pic and time:

13109131_1705879223020512_793120081_n.jpg

Credits to @kkhcallie
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    It's confirmed by someone on insta that there is a throwback event on Tuesday (not sure which timezone). She already opened a box.

Woohoo!! Hope they fix the bug that causes break-ups with friends so that I can grind a little easier!
    Daily iOS KKH player
    I think maybe it'll start the usual event time since on the timer it says 2 days 16 hours.

Last week we only had 2 days 7 hours.

Whichever way, I'm good to go as I'll be resting since I have the flu lol. I feel like my nose is dropping off my face, either that or I'll be ripping out my nose very soon.
    PM to add
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I think maybe it'll start the usual event time since on the timer it says 2 days 16 hours.

Last week we only had 2 days 7 hours.

Whichever way, I'm good to go as I'll be resting since I have the flu lol. I feel like my nose is dropping off my face, either that or I'll be ripping out my nose very soon.

Oh no! Get to feeling better! At least you'll have time to grind for the boxes, in case you needed a bright side. Bright sides are rare when the flu is present. Seriously though, feel better soon!!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    I've just got home and I had an update waiting for me in my PlayStore :o
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Why do you love paying 60 kstars for items so much?!!!...I can't wrap my head around it lol. I love grinding TB very much because I get a shot at having something. With paying TB there is not possibility of that, so for real why do you love them so much?

I don't love it, but it's the only way for me to reach faster my goal which is the Brad Pitt / Anniversary hair.

I don't have luck at all, after two years playing KKH I only got two items that I wanted from the gift boxes.

That's right 2! With this lack of luck chasing an item isn't an option, because fate takes care of filling me up always with K$ and energy.

At this point is likely that we had more than 500 items of past events, how many more weeks I will have to wait until I have the good fortune to choose the box with my hair?

A throwback on the old ways, would bring a selection between 30 and 40 items, including earnables.

I worked hard and got all ernables of all events, even the ones I don't like, because I knew that if a throwback occurred my chances of getting something I want would increase.

Probably with the remaining boxes I still would take a lot of p00p, but at some point the boxes would end and I would have my coveted hair.

If the hair wasn't among the selection, I just wouldn't open anything.

I'm stubborn to the extreme and I know what I want, it makes me suffer a lot believe me, but I don't waste my time with distractions if I have a goal.

Maybe in the next days I get some cool items, but none will satisfy me as to have Brad Pitt's hair, they will only be one less item on the waiting list of my goal.

Then pay 60k-stars 30 times and be able to give a cry of freedom from this one year torture is much better than anything for free.

Do you understand me now?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Took me a while to make my wishlist as we were celebrating our twins 6th birthday, but here it is:

image_zpsvmiuyhhn.jpeg

image_zpsh532ogm1.jpeg

image_zpsok8yyro0.jpeg

Did not see all these items in the boxes of last week's Throwback event, but these are the items I really really wanted and missed out on during the events self!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    Nice wish list! I got the white gown in the throwback so I'm sure it's part of the throwback, hope you get lucky! That was my last item and the only outfit I got, the other 3 were accessories.

Happy Birthday to your twins!
    PM to add
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    I got that white gown during the event I forgot which one it was but I'd give it you if I could cause Lord knows I never use it. But I really want that Navy blue romper.
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Oh no! Get to feeling better! At least you'll have time to grind for the boxes, in case you needed a bright side. Bright sides are rare when the flu is present. Seriously though, feel better soon!!

Thanks!! I'm sure if I get something good other than accessories from throwback, I definitely will feel better.
    PM to add
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I don't have a wishlist. Whatever I get inside of throwback gift boxes, I'll be satisfied.

I never had a strategic plan to choose a box either because most of the throwback items are randomized sets on my games.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

OMG the white gown was in the boxes last week!?! Wow the odds are looking up right now!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Naimonster and I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you Nisha300, too bad we can't gift or trade!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Awww, didn't know you had twins, Linda :) how sweet! Happy birthday to the two of them <3

I second all your choices in your wish list, especially the navy jumpsuit and ALL the hairstyles.

My wish list looks like this... I remember chasing the short sparkling dress and black shoes until I bankrupted myself! I've also missed out on the braided hair and tan dress a couple of times in other throwbacks and I love those items :(

D5029379-7FD9-4A5C-8084-B252AF8A079C_zpsenvgjspl.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Well personally, I would rather pay and open boxes because I can get rid of all the items at once. Sure, grinding for it is free, but at only 4 chances, getting what you want would probably take months if not a year lol! Seeing something in the palette of 8 out of probably 50+ items, and then having a 1/8 chance of picking it, is like .0026 percent chance of actually seeing it AND picking it. I have lots of stars I bought just for throwbacks, but now they are just collecting dust. xD
  • infiniteainfinitea Registered Users 14 Posts
    I am loving these throwback events! Personally, I'm dying to get the So Glam facial features and the cute tan overalls outfit inspired by Kylie.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I don't know, the connections with others hasn't been fixed yet, so personally, I'm still only doing throwback gigs with NPCs. I imagine the reality series counts. I think the other gigs are probably fine with friends. I've been doing regular gigs with friends and that's safe. But, I might test out the waters with a friend who basically gave up the game. Frederick Gatsby migrated to K*K, and his once fab doll is now a basic doll in basic clothes. With a gender change. so, I'll test the waters with those dolls first.

Be care full out there. Now we can all do the happy May Day Dance because.....(SIng this to the tune of We're having a Heat Wave"

We're having a ThrowBack..
    A wonderful ThrowBack....
    With things that we never got
    ALthough they were red hot
    We're having a Throwback....a Wonderful Throwback....And we'll get a whole lot.

ETA: the reason why this is so fair in my opinion, is because to people who can't play with a lot of stars, this is their ONLY chance to get these things. So....rich or poor, if you want to play for clothes and have the time....here's your chance.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    My only wish list items are the Kylie braids and the suede dress. I'll also want any other hair obviously. But I'll go to the ends of the earth for those items I need them
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
    Cilan wrote: »
    Well personally, I would rather pay and open boxes because I can get rid of all the items at once. Sure, grinding for it is free, but at only 4 chances, getting what you want would probably take months if not a year lol! Seeing something in the palette of 8 out of probably 50+ items, and then having a 1/8 chance of picking it, is like .0026 percent chance of actually seeing it AND picking it. I have lots of stars I bought just for throwbacks, but now they are just collecting dust. xD

Same about the last sentence lol!

What I feel is, they can keep this throwback event. But also give us the REAL throwback with PREMIUM items to purchase. No feather boa, no weird rings etc. Brad Pitts hair go here.

You know what's my main goal in KKH, to own ALL the items there ever was. What a completist lol...
    PM to add
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »

Same! I've been hording KStars since the last Throwback Sale. When the first ones happened, I was not prepared and could only buy a couple boxes (I never buy KStars). While I like the idea of getting some Throwback boxes for free, I would be a little annoyed if they "changed the rules" and never had Throwback boxes for pay again, since I've spent so much time watching videos for free stars, etc. in order to prepare. They could at least have it where you pay to open another box after earning a box, like with the event gift boxes and daily gift boxes.
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    You know what's my main goal in KKH, to own ALL the items there ever was. What a completist lol...

Same! I want everything I can get without spending real money (on Kim's Picks, etc).
    Emcat wrote: »
    Same! I want everything I can get without spending real money (on Kim's Picks, etc).

"I have a dream" haha!

Previously they did Kim's pick with KStars and I miss that.. I bought all of Kim's pick, the ones with real money involved, except the one with Khloe's ombre hair. So much regret now!
    PM to add
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.