Options

Question regarding NPC bnus points on gigs/tapings

JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
While working on this week's throwback event, I pretty much only did 3 hour reality show tapings at the Calabasas home. I would hire four NPCs each time. I would then click on their "create drama" tab (five energy used) and I would receive the usual 1 energy, points to fill the event meter, and one Throwback Star (star that went towards total of Throwback points earned). BUT - during one event, I hired someone and then left to get more energy. When I returned, I clicked "create drama" and got everything EXCEPT the Throwback star. Another time, I started the taping, hired the four NPCs, but then something came up and I couldn't click their "create drama" tabs for about a half hour. For all four, I received everything EXCEPT the Throwback star.

So I am wondering: Is there a time limit you have to fall under to receive the Throwback Star from an NPC (i.e., you must click their action tab within 5 min of first hiring them, etc.)? And does leaving the gig affect this as well?

I hope this was clear, I don't know the correct terminology for some of the things I was talking about.

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I've never heard of or experienced this. Hmm, I'm gonna try that out on one of my game.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I have never seen it happen during a weekend event. It isn't happening to me today on the same kind of taping. So if it IS a thing, maybe it is just happening for the Throwbacks.
  • Options
    Ok, I just tried. I started a 3hr Calabasas reality show and intentionally left out 1 NPC to tap. 20 mins later I am back to tap on him and indeed he doesn't give out any event points.

During gigs or parties, if I tap the friend action that recharged after an hour, it doesn't give any event points. I noticed this change a few months back and I think Glu probably set it up that way. So it's kind of time-based I'm guessing the way they programmed it. Tap the friend action immediately after you invite him/her. If you want to tap for energy, don't invite the friend first.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Yes, I had noticed the recharge thing as well. Your solution is what I came up with too. Now I just wait til I have the 19 energy I need to do the taping and go all the way through. I would also add that I now tap the friend action BEFORE I move to the next room and adding another NPC. There is still the issue of leaving the Throwback taping immediately and losing the Throwback star (without time having passed), which I will check again next week, granted we receive another Throwback event.
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Ok, I just tried. I started a 3hr Calabasas reality show and intentionally left out 1 NPC to tap. 20 mins later I am back to tap on him and indeed he doesn't give out any event points.

During gigs or parties, if I tap the friend action that recharged after an hour, it doesn't give any event points. I noticed this change a few months back and I think Glu probably set it up that way. So it's kind of time-based I'm guessing the way they programmed it. Tap the friend action immediately after you invite him/her. If you want to tap for energy, don't invite the friend first.

Have you tried after 2 hours...they have given me stars after 2 hours when I choose 8hrs shows, which is most of the time because during the week I'm supposed to be working and not playing lol
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Have you tried after 2 hours...they have given me stars after 2 hours when I choose 8hrs shows, which is most of the time because during the week I'm supposed to be working and not playing lol

I've tried 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour for gigs/parties and nope they do not give event points. I only get event points from the first ever friend action.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I've tried 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour for gigs/parties and nope they do not give event points. I only get event points from the first ever friend action.

Well I'm liking my glitch then :P
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I never noticed this glitch either, but I'll give it a shot. I remember last week's throwback, before I was doing the reality show I was doing a few SCL and other gigs, and always got the 2nd round of points. Either platform, or both?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I am not even calling it a glitch, I was just seeing what the general population had noticed about a time frame for receiving extra points on the FIRST round. I play on android. I don't get the second round of extra points but I figured it was just the way the game was set up.
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I am not even calling it a glitch, I was just seeing what the general population had noticed about a time frame for receiving extra points on the FIRST round. I play on android. I don't get the second round of extra points but I figured it was just the way the game was set up.

I'm android as well and don't receive event points after a second npc tap spot recharge. I also thought that's just the way it is o/
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I never noticed this glitch either, but I'll give it a shot. I remember last week's throwback, before I was doing the reality show I was doing a few SCL and other gigs, and always got the 2nd round of points. Either platform, or both?

iOS and haven't gotten the second round points for the last few events. I thought they'd just decided not to give that little, ok, tiny, heh, bonus anymore....
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    The game has adjusted the recharge of some tasks in the past, but as far as I know they should recharge. I couldn't check it, all 3 games game up for the 6 hour event gig, then my family wanted dinner. ugh. We'll have to figure out how widespread this is, is it only reality show gigs? Is it other things? As recently as Wednesday, VIPs were recharging on other gigs. So we can try to find out. I'm hoping it's a temporary thing that will be fixed. Because those tasks are really helpful in Weekend events. But to be honest, with this brand new retooling of the Throwbacks, there are bound to be kinks. And we've had a few, so a few more tossed in wouldn't surprise some of us. But if they are bugs, I know they'll be worked out.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    The friend action is recharging but they're not giving out event points.

Only the first ever friend action gives 1 or 2 event points.
    PM to add
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Sometimes my second friend action will give me event points, but I have to wait hours for it, like for example if I'm 5 hours into an 8 hour event. The event points used to recharge every hour, I wish Glu would give that back to us!
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    The friend action is recharging but they're not giving out event points.

Only the first ever friend action gives 1 or 2 event points.

^this exactly^