Options

Historical Wednesday!

VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
FzB5Wkx.jpg

Hello stars and starlets!

Time to get creative again and embark on another Wednesday challenge!

Our dolls are involved in many activities, including acting...

So let's pretend that they were cast to play prominent historical figures!

Here's the deal, choose a historical character of your preference or that you identify with and put together a look inspired by that person!

If you want you can also add information about that person, to elevate our cultural level!

Here's Vats playing a young Sigmund Freud:
ft2G06m.jpg?1

Freud did an incredible work that has changed the way how the human being is perceived. Psychoanalysis and its theories have revolutionized modern psychology. I personally love the boldness of this man to speak about human sexuality at the beginning of the 20th century. If you want to know more about him click here.

If you deem too trick, remember that you are the writers of your movies, so everything is possible as long as you present a creative interpretation of those characters!

So let's have fun guys!!!
Viva La Vida Á La Vats!

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Love this Vatsy, been waiting tooooooooooo long!!
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    wowl ANd I was going to try and fall asleep. Hmmmm, Lady Godiva if I can trigger the pantsless outfit. lol. I'll come up with something. great topic Vats. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    What a great idea Vats! I love your Freud impersonation and the description about him!!!

This is a bit rushed as I'm running late today, but I chose Cleopatra VII, the last ruler of the Ptolemic dynasty, ruling Egypt from 51BC - 30BC.

You could say she was the 'Original Starlet'; she is known for her love affairs with Roman warlords Julius Caesar and Mark Antony and is celebrated for her beauty and intelligence. She was also an astute politician, who brought prosperity and peace to a country that was bankrupt and split by civil war. (That's her in a nutshell, as I said I'm running late this morning!!! There's so much more to say about her!)

I wish we had more hair accessories etc, I would have really added a lot more!
    C7710F74-7452-45FE-9973-7AA499139811_zpsbls4oqkn.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    I feel so Pedestrian, but here is Elizabeth Taylor, on break from shooting Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. In the iconic slip she made famous in that movie. She stole the heart of America in National Velvet, as a young girl, who against all odds would win Equestrian praise. As famous for her piercing lavender eyes as she was for her films and multiple marriages. She plunged into notoriety when after her husband Mike Todd was killed in a plane crash, comforted by her good friend and happy couple Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, until comfort turned into a full blown love affair between Liz and Eddie. Labeled a homewrecker, she soon met Richard Burton, whom she married and divorced twice.

KIM KARDASHIAN idolized Liz, and was the last to interview her.before this good friend of Michael Jackson, and a tireless supporter in the fight against Aids passed away just a few short years ago.

KKH_Screenshot_1462963271679_zpspzxkpuai.jpg

Hope she's historical enough. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Carol Davida auditioned to play on a Donna Summers biopic movie and she nailed the role.
    2ur9kjs.jpg

Donna Summers was an American singer, songwriter, and an painter. She gained popularity when the disco era occurred during the late 1970s.

Here's more info about Donna Summers biography:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Summer?wprov=sfla1

P.S. I'll post Carolyn Ferocious pic later.☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Wow this is amazing! Thanks for posting girls!

Now I'm waiting for you Nai! 'Vatsy' that's cute!

Amy you're totally right about Cleopatra being the 'original starlet', you did great, maybe they could give a Cleopatra costume on the next Halloween to the girls, that would be a hit!

Koko, Liz was definetely a woman ahead of her time, when I was planning this thread she was one of the people that I was expecting to see here for real, glad you brought her, that's my Kat right?

Carol you made a knot on my head, when I read your description I was like 'what when she passed out?', then I realized that I was thinking on Diana Ross... Ok while I educate myself, you can bring Ferocious:o!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes Vatsy, Xarilyn Monroe is here!

dK3W2Ub.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I love this! I hope it's ok, I made a couple more!

On the left is the Iron Lady herself, Margaret Thatcher (I know we can't talk about politics here, but I would just like to stress my political beliefs are about 1million steps to the left of hers...). I just thought it looked so much like her!
    And then to the right there is the beautiful Lady Di complete with sapphire ring :)
    RIP ladies <3
    DC626D60-32E7-41CF-9A55-91E735BAB6FB_zpscejhrlev.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Oh, wow... This is amazing! I'll post my look a bit later ❤️
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Got to love Xarilyn! Lovely collage Nai as always, Marilyn was also one of my bets to this thread!

Amy, Madison is definetely very versatile she can play whatever part they give to her!

Sassy, my heart and my thread are yours!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Bilal as the legendary Moin Akhtar. :) Master parodist and king of Urdu comedy!
    ELtfAVS.png

September 6, 1966
    A young, skinny boy steps up onstage for the very first time, requests the audience to give him 10 minutes to showcase his talent, and that if they did not enjoy his act, he will step down. He acts with confidence and in the audience, the 60-year-old is laughing just as hard as the 8-year-old. He ends up performing a 45 minute stand-up routine.

March 11, 2011
    That boy, now a man at the peak of his career, graces the stage for the very last time, an event titled, "An Evening with The Legend." He informs the audience he will perform for only 10 minutes but at the end of his performance, the audience chants "Encore!" and ensures he stays on stage for a total of 45 minutes.

You can read more about him here.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Carolyn Ferocious will portrayed Gladys Knight on a black & white musical film. She just finished rehearsing with the band the Pips.
    2ywsp5s.png

Gladys Knight is an American singer, songwriter, and actress.

Here's more info about Gladys Knight biography:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_Knight

Gladys Knight & the Pips were an r&b/soul family band that performed together for 3 decades.

Here's more info about Gladys Knight & the Pips:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_Knight_%26_the_Pips
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Deise Nunes de Souza, a beautiful Afro-Brazilian woman that made beauty pageant history 30 years ago.

Deise is the first ever black Miss Brazil sent to Miss Universe in the year 1986. She placed 6th in the international competition.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Universe_1986

Sadly, Deise didn't advance to Top 5 that year. The Miss Universe crown went to Miss Venezuela in 1986. But Deise made pageant history for black women in Brazil.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Ok, ok, ok I'm here finally! Vats, love, I'm sorry I'm late, I'm soooo busy irl, I haven't managed to open the game, I opened just one throwback box :/

Here are my historical looks.. First is the lovely Grace Kelly! I adore her.
    Grace Patricia Kelly (November 12, 1929 – September 14, 1982) was an American actress who, after marrying Prince Rainier III in April 1956, became Princess of Monaco.
    While pregnant with her daughter Caroline in 1956, Kelly was frequently photographed clutching a distinctive leather hand-bag manufactured by Hermès. The purse, or Sac à dépêches, was likely a shield to prevent her pregnant abdomen from being exposed to the prying eyes of the paparazzi. The photographs, however, popularized the purse and became so closely associated with the fashion icon that it would thereafter be known as the Kelly Bag.
    After her death, Kelly's legacy as a fashion icon lived on. Modern designers, such as Tommy Hilfiger and Zac Posen, have cited her as a fashion inspiration.During her lifetime, she was known for introducing the "fresh faced" look, one that involved bright skin and natural beauty with little makeup.Her fashion legacy was even commemorated at the Victoria and Albert Museum of London, where an exhibit titled, "Grace Kelly: Style Icon" paid tribute to her impact on the world of fashion. The exhibit included 50 of her legendary ensembles.She is remembered for her "college-girl" everyday fashion, defined by her pulled-together yet simple look.

2rm5g81.jpg

My second look is Audrey Hepburn.
    Audrey Hepburn (born Audrey Kathleen Ruston; 4 May 1929 – 20 January 1993) was a British actress. Recognised as a film and fashion icon, Hepburn was active during Hollywood's Golden Age. She was ranked by the American Film Institute as the third-greatest female screen legend in Golden Age Hollywood and was inducted into the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame.
    Hepburn's influence as a style icon continues several decades after the height of her acting career in the 1950s and 1960s. Moseley notes that especially after her death in 1993, she has become increasingly admired as a style icon, with magazines frequently advising readers on how to get her look and fashion designers using her as inspiration.

r7vgix.jpg
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    38ki361.jpg

JACQUELINE LEE BOUVIER KENNEDY ONASSIS. (I love her)

Most famously, Jackie Kennedy, married to the 35th President of the United States John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK).
    Most famously wearing that pink tweed skirt suit with the pillbox hat that was worn at the assassination of her late husband JFK. Fun fact, Jackie lost that pillbox hat that day and it was never returned. She wore that suit all day so that the people watching and looking could see what they did to her beloved husband, she wanted everyone reminded all day. Jackie's pink tweed suit worn that day (never washed) belongs to her granddaughter and will not be put on display until at least 2103.
    The years in which her and JFK lived in the white house are often referred to as the 'Camelot Years'

She was a fashion icon for as long as she was in the public eye.
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Options
    Bilal it's really nice that you always bring something of your country that enriches our knowledge. Akhtar's story you reported is very touching.

Carol I see that you are in a very musical week, is this the effect of your birthday? Do you listen to those?

Zoye thank you very much for what you did here! Black women are the most marginalized in our society. Deise's achievement is definitely huge, it turns out that she was the representative of the 'whitest' state in the country, at the time people disbelieved that she was from there. Sadly after her none other black woman won the contest.

Those ladies are so iconic and classy Sassy ​​and you impersonated them perfectly! Also I love reading your fashion knowledge.

And another classy lady with evilhag, she had an engaging smile and the picture you edited made me smile!

Thank you guys for having posted here, I hope you had fun as I had, you are very special and stand out creatively:D!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »

Carol I see that you are in a very musical week, is this the effect of your birthday? Do you listen to those?

I always listen to different types of genres whenever it comes to my music playlist. My mother watched Soul Train back home at her country. I've also watched reruns of old episodes of Soul Train with my brother. He loves old school music and listens to less new school music so that kinda influenced my song selections. I also love to watch Apollo Live ! That's where most of the legendary artists performed there.☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    sdj_zpsrp2gbhcx.jpg

Sammy Davis Jr. sends a smile from Paris with Love ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    sdj_zpsrp2gbhcx.jpg

WoW, this looks great. I love Sammy Davis Jr.
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    sdj_zpsrp2gbhcx.jpg

Aww, I love this too!!! I love everyone's! You've all done such an amazing job! I'll have to think about one to do for next Wednesday :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Zoye thank you very much for what you did here! Black women are the most marginalized in our society. Deise's achievement is definitely huge, it turns out that she was the representative of the 'whitest' state in the country, at the time people disbelieved that she was from there. Sadly after her none other black woman won the contest.
    Hi Vats! You are most welcome, my dear friend. I follow pageants a lot and I love the vintage ones from the 80's. I had to actually go to Google translate to actually read all the current info on Deise since it's all written in Portuguese. I'm so glad she's remained relevant in Brazilian pageantry as a mentor/coach for the younger girls joining Miss Brazil.

And even though there hasn't been a black woman to represent Brazil in the last 30 years, at least the modeling world is still recognizing them. I just saw Lais Ribeiro in a Victoria's Secret fashion show and she's stunning. Your country is truly diverse that it blows my mind. Here in Hawaii we have Brazilian exchange students and they are of Japanese origin. Omg... I didn't even know that there were Japanese Brazilians! You have every color in the rainbow. I think it's wonderful! I'd love to visit Brazil someday!
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Thank you for telling me about your musical background Carol!

Andrzej I had to research about who Sammy was, he seems a very talented guy, great choice and you did an amazing interpretation of him! I love the mustache lol

Tara I'd love you to join us if you can, but please don't hold your breath until I come back with another Wednesday thread.

Zoye sounds like a wonderful hobby! And yes there is a huge Japanese community in São Paulo, one of the most famous TV hostess of the country Sabrina Sato has Japanese background. If you come I'm sure you'll be well received!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I love this thread. And, I've been a fan of Vatsy, since Kat (yes, the one who portrayed LaLiz) had her greeting say "I've got a 2 person tub and a bottle of bubbles. How does that sound Vatsy?". Hmmm, or it might have been Z when she was chasing you. But I applaud Nai for bringing out into the openess of the thread, the name we probably all call you in our minds. Here's to you
    ~Vatsy~
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary