Haven't received celebrity perk points after purchasing k-stars

wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
I spoke about this in the Monday Monday Monday thread, but I will bring it here too as it seems like the more appropriate avenue.

Three days ago, I purchased the "Premium Star Pack" aka 1250 k-stars, with the assurance that this would translate into celebrity perk points. Other players have purchased star packs and received their perk points accordingly, however it has been three days and I am still yet to see mine.

What's frustrating is that I have been contacting Glu via in game support, only they have gone completely silent on me. No wait, that's not entirely true: first, after I told them I purchased the biggest k-star pack available, the person responding to my ticket told me that "there are some packs which are currently not included in the Celebrity Perks". Okay except I'm pretty sure the game explicitly states that purchasing k-star packs gives you perk points, and that the bigger the pack the bigger the perk points, and I just told you that I purchased the biggest k-star pack possible. After I gave Glu proof of purchase with a screenshot my receipt, and an explanation of what the game TELLS us about perk points, I haven't heard peep. It's now been almost 48 hours since our last correspondence.

PLEASE let me know if this can be fixed, otherwise I want a refund. BUT EITHER WAY LET ME KNOW. COMMUNICATE WITH ME. Pleeeeeease.

iOS 9.3.1
iPhone 4S
Level 43
Female
GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    I'm sorry this happened, I'm checking on the answer you were given it seems very generic. First thing I'd do, is reopen the ticket, and ask specifically about your purchase. Usually (and you can see this in Support regarding Ads, that) some purchases of stars don't kill the ads. Perhaps the perks exclude these purchases as well, and the package you bought didn't register with Customer Care.)
    So, would you reopen conversation with Customer Care? Sometimes the 2nd time they look at you, and you've spelled out the issue, they catch what they missed the first time around.

And I'll see what I can find out for you. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I had a thought, was this purchase made when there was a sale on the Stars? Very recently, the largest star pack was on sale. I'm wondering if that could be part of it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Thanks Koko, but within the last 48 hours I have sent them FIVE messages, the most recent being almost 8 hours ago. Still no response.

And no, the purchase was made on the 9th of May, when that sale was well and truly finished.

Other posters in the General Discussion forum have confirmed that when they purchased their k-star packs they received perk points, there is no reasoning or logic behind me not getting them, it's clearly just a glitch... but I would like Glu to at least acknowledge this and tell me what we're going to do from here. Do I need to wait for an update and hope it gets fixed? Should I just get a refund if it doesn't look likely they can fix it? I'd just like a g.d. response. I feel like I'm shouting into the void right now.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I bought when the largest KStar pack was on sale. Android received 4000 perk points, iOS received 2000 perk points. I don't know why the difference but wolf definitely should have received perk points.
    PM to add
    I know this is frustrating, but 2 days is not very long to wait for Customer Care. You're not shouting into the void, but the Customer Care ticket is the way to go. They'll be answering you as soon as possible. And If I hear anything back about this, I'll let you know immediately. But you really have nothing to worry about, it clearly says the larger the star pack you buy, the larger the amount of perks you get for it. I am confident you'll get the perks you were entitled to. So try to take a deep breath and relax. It's easy for me to say that, I'm not in your position, but I know that this will be settled to your satisfaction. Wait and see what we find out, and then there are always other avenues to pursue.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Two days isn't long to wait? That seems strange to me. Most companies would consider letting more than 48 hours go by without responding to a customer to be poor customer service. Especially when the ticket has supposedly been upgraded to "priority service" in order to "initiate faster response". It's not a weekend, it's not a public holiday, all of this has taken place over the course of a work week, I personally don't find it acceptable that I'm still waiting to hear from them.

The main reason that I seem rushed is that I believe Apple only has a very small window of time for you to ask for a refund, so if that's what I need to do I need to know ASAP.
    To be honest, 2 days is not long to wait. There have been times the wait has been much longer, due to an overwhelming number of tickets coming in. And, tbh, you've submitted 5 tickets in 2 days? If they were each new tickets that only adds to the wait time, but not your wait time, the wait time for those who sent in tickets after yours.
    Depending on how many tickets are ahead of you, that is what determines the wait time.

I think they sort the tickets like a triage for Customer Care. But I also sent the link to this thread to Glu, so you've got 2 avenues open, so far. You can also click the link on your iTunes receipt that says "Problem with this transaction?" or something like that. So, you can address this with iTunes as another alternative.

My personal experience, Glu is not going to leave you hanging. They're very reliable with any billing or purchase issues. You can always ask iTunes if there is a time limit. I'm guessing you'd rather have the perks added onto your game than reverse the transaction. If that's the case you can iTunes that you don't want to miss any deadline, but you'd like to give Glu the chance to correct this, before you ask for a refund.

Bottom line, that's a large purchase that you made because you wanted the promised Perk Points and you just want to ensure that it will be rectified. So I get your urgency. Maybe checking with iTunes would put your mind at ease. I'd say something like "I know I have the opportunity to cancel the purchase and get my cash back and return the Stars, however I'd like to give Glu the chance to make it right, but I don't want the window of opportunity for a refund to close, because I waited." See what they say.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Last night I leveled up from 37 to 38: No perk points received

This morning I bought a star pack (omgggg, fourth one this month!): No perk points received

Opened my daily gift box tonight: No perk points received

Can somebody fix the large number of problems plaguing this game already? Please and thank you.

EDIT: Angry enough to add this is getting as bad as K&K--money-waster (did I mention I've already bought FOUR star packs this month?! How's all that money working out for ya, huh??), time-trouble-and-effort waster, HUGE items thief (heh. yeah. in-game theft. it's true.) over and over and so on. Crash, crash, freeze. Shut down, shut down, crash. Freeze, crash, freeze. Black screen, black screen, crashfreezeboom. You know, just like KKH has become. Deleted it once. Waited a month and reinstalled from iCloud and GC. More horrible experiences, I gave up, and now it sits on my phone never opened. Gotta just get rid of it. Who's doing who a favor? You know, I've deleted KKH before. I won't keep it going as long as I did K&K; I'm sick of this.

EDIT 2: I do not run more than one app at a time. I have a HUGE amount of storage. My bf is a major acct exec at Time Warner; we have the best fn wifi there is.

Thanks for...whatever.
    I'm having a similar problem, I am getting perk points for opening daily boxes but I didn't receive any for the k-star pack I purchased. I just logged on to make a post in the thread I created about the problem, to reply to Koko's post saying that me sending five messages to Glu via my in-game "Contact Us" ticket will somehow cause delays to other customers, but for some reason Koko has closed it. Why my thread is closed I have no idea, since I've had no feedback and the problem hasn't been resolved. Now people can't reply to say they have the same problem, I can't update on what's happening, etc. I'd really love Koko to explain to me why a support thread about an unresolved problem is locked.

Hope it gets fixed for both our sakes :(
    wolfandbutter, I wasn't blaming you for delays. I said 2 days is not a long wait for customer care, and said I understood your urgency, and also gave you another route for making sure your purchase was safe. I'll go see about closing it, if it was closed, I'll see why, but seriously, this is the first thing i read on the forum and honestly, the tone was abrasive. I'll be back after I see what happened, but the fact stands, that if in 2 days you send in 5 tickets about the same problem, that's going to add to the wait time. That is a fact. Am I at fault for pointing this out? Not at all.

ETA: Yes. last night I made a mistake. Another poster started another thread about the same issue, and I went to merge them, and somehow closed Wolfandbutler2's thread. I'm sorry. But to come in guns blazing was unnecessary. Did you not like my alternative advice about checking with itunes?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Iseabeu, I'm sorry you're going through this as well. First thing to do is to send a ticket into Customer Care. You both should also read what it says about Billing problems in Support.

For Android read here (it's the closest thing I could find) It tells you to include the:

Order number(s) of your purchase(s) from your receipt The receipt should start with GPA, followed by four groups of numbers, for example "GPA 1234-5678-9012-34567"

Note: If you have multiple purchases we will need the order number for each item.

For iTunes: it simply says to contact customer care, but I would make sure to put the iTunes transaction numbers

I'll continue to look for another way to contact Glu about this, but I've told them about the problem and sent in this thread. I hope it's resolved quickly.

If I'd gotten the reply that some things aren't eligible, I'd respond asking for the run down of what counts and what doesn't, and also ask how if the perk's button says you get more perks the bigger the package you buy, how can the largest pack not be eligible? If they closed the ticket, there is a button to reopen it. Click it and send in the extra info.

And, I'd like to clarify if you've submitted a ticket, and contact them repeatedly through the same ticket without opening a new one, it's one ticket. If you initiate 5 separate tickets and each says "New Conversation" on the top left, then it's a new ticket. 100 tickets ahead of yours, means 100 tickets. It can be 10 tickets each from 10 people about the same issue, but it's still 100 tickets ahead of you.

Again, if you haven't sent in a ticket about this yet, please do it, and include your transaction number for each purchase. It will cut out an additional step, and speed up the process. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

If I hear anything about this issue, I'll let you know.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, found an old post from Glu in the General forum about tickets, and it mentioned the helpshift pages, so............

If you go here to FAQs for KK:H over towards the top right is a Contact Us button.

Approach that way. and give them the receipt numbers. It's not the recommended way, but for people who can't get into their game to put in a ticket. This might be a different avenue, maybe it's a different queue. I don't know but I am trying. :)

And let me say, I understand about urgency making us upset, and more likely to lash out anyway we can. But please understand everyone. My intent is never to silence anyone. And I never mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I am the opposite, and there are a lot of people who know that about me. If I accidentally upset someone, I feel awful and do whatever I can to rectify it.

But the same thing in me that makes me feel total empathy for others, also makes me very susceptible to be hurt myself. Give me the benefit of the doubt. I'm the first to admit I make a mistake. So instead of lashing out that I tried to silence an issue, think more like it was human error. Emphasis on the human.

Now, lets try to get this fixed. let me know if you have any success with that link.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I believe this has been resolved, if not PM for reopen WolfandButler2. Isabeau, I'll pm you shortly.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.