House furniture!

VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
Hey guys!

So I wonder what is your opinion on the furniture in the houses of the game.

I used to buy all the K$ items, never the K-stars ones, until Hamptons' update, because I read somewhere that the furniture gives more golden stars/hearts to receive the bonus during gigs than clothes.

From Tokyo's update all houses come to have half of its furniture in K$ and the other half in K-stars and recently the price of K$ items have become outrageously expensive.

Without the need for more bonus points and since the game doesn't allow us to move our dolls through the scenario making us able to take beautiful screenshots, not to mention the fact that the HUD / menu / task list / event banner all hinder the view of the landscape, I think the furniture is simply useless in the game at this point of my gameplay.

What do you guys think?

Do you usually buy it? Why ?
Viva La Vida Á La Vats!

Comments

• CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I buy all the things because I hate seeing the green bubbles... LOL. I used to fully furnish a house right when it comes out in the update.

But now I wish I didn't because I wasted all those stars because of these Luxe Goals. If I had waited, I could furnish the houses for a discount. But oh well...

But as of now with the Cannes update, I leave it unfurnished until Maria calls me for the Luxe Goal buying house items. I have filled my house that way and even though the green bubble irks me, I will continue to do it this way because of the discount. But yes, other than the pets, the other house furniture and stuff is basically useless eye candy. xD
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Hey guys!

So I wonder what is your opinion on the furniture in the houses of the game.

I used to buy all the K$ items, never the K-stars ones, until Hamptons' update, because I read somewhere that the furniture gives more golden stars/hearts to receive the bonus during gigs than clothes.

From Tokyo's update all houses come to have half of its furniture in K$ and the other half in K-stars and recently the price of K$ items have become outrageously expensive.

Without the need for more bonus points and since the game doesn't allow us to move our dolls through the scenario making us able to take beautiful screenshots, not to mention the fact that the HUD / menu / task list / event banner all hinder the view of the landscape, I think the furniture is simply useless in the game at this point of my gameplay.

What do you guys think?

Do you usually buy it? Why ?

I stopped buying furniture as soon as my golden points got the be high enough.
    The achievement is capped out, so what's the point?

Now I only buy furniture if it is a luxe goal from maria, and it is a kash item. Get a kstar, why not?

But, once I've bought all my kash furniture for homes, I know I will no longer purchase it.
    I agree with you, what's the point?
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    I'm only ever at home if I'm throwing a party, and now that I have the Calabasas mansion, it's the only place I go to. I still go to the homes where I have pets, but other than that I'd rather use those Kstars on a nice outfit, at least there's more enjoyment out of that I think.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I think that I'm gonna stop furnishing my doll's homes. I'm just buying more properties to own more pets.

And I definitely have to agree with you on this one Vats. The decorations are insanely pricey on this game. And I've noticed that with each new update, the new properties are getting more expensive too! Omg!!!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Livy Aha!Livy Aha! Registered Users 35 Posts
    How many gold hearts/ stars does it take to cap out?
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    I'm only ever at home if I'm throwing a party, and now that I have the Calabasas mansion, it's the only place I go to. I still go to the homes where I have pets, but other than that I'd rather use those Kstars on a nice outfit, at least there's more enjoyment out of that I think.

This. And I furnished the Calabasas mansion but my other homes are bare besides the animals. Lol
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I buy most furnishings, but definitely not all. I just like the way it looks; and an empty home looks like...an empty home. So I buy the things I like best; I have a few homes I use as "home bases" with my husband and babies, so in that little way, it matters to me. The London home, for example--all that horsey stuff, I don't buy what I don't like. The easel with painting in Paris--uglyyyyyy. A 50-star chandelier in Malibu? Pool floats?--no, why?? Anything that costs too many stars or too much kash; if it's ugly or I just don't want it, I don't bother with it. Things completely unnecessary in making a place aesthetically pleasing, noooo. Ugly sculptures, paintings I couldn't care less about, an ugly floor lamp, a telescope, no, no, no. I'm very used to no longer seeing the green dots of anything I haven't bought. The homes where I did buy everything are Milan, Mykonos, St. Barts and Vienna--because I really liked it all. Hollywood and Downtown LA, because I liked the things fine, but mainly needed those gold hearts and stars back then. All but two things in Florence and the same in Miami. All but one in Punta Mita. The jet, yes, I bought everything inside. I like it. The tarmac--the carpet and planters and luggage. But I don't need the screaming fans or paint and logos that should be on the plane's exterior to begin with. I buy what I like, that's it. Interior decorating is also a "thing" for me. I was once going to be an interior designer so. It just makes me happy to see nice things. I have no regrets.:) Now vehicles--I have only the first SUV I got and the Performance SUV. What did I care for more cars once I bought the jet, you know? People who have a thing for cars, maybe they buy them all. Whatever anyone likes is always good.:)

I'm ready--I've saved!--to buy three homes with furnishings right now, but I thought I would wait until I could finally *force* myself to do a first comeback. Ha! (So they could help me however possible.)
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    No one else goes to a home at night? I usually go to Miami (South Beach, of course!), unless I'm about to fall asleep with my phone in the bed--then any home will do. There my husband and I put on worn jeans and white t-shirts, and sneakers...because Glu won't give us pajamas. Heh. Also I kick the nanny out so she can go smoke all the cigarettes she wants and I can put the babies' pajamas on. Then we can all go to sleep. ~The End~:p

EDIT: Glu doesn't give us pajamas.:(

image_zps5ckmbwdi.png
  • nividnivid Registered Users 133 Posts
    My OCD makes me want to buy all the furniture I'm missing. Don't get me wrong, I personally LOVE the homes, in fact it's an in game goal of mine to buy all the homes, but with new homes being released & being too expensive, by the time I have enough money to buy the next highest costing home, a new update with new home comes out *sigh*.
    I don't mind spending K-Stars as long as it makes the homes look pretty (:rolleyes:)
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ♢ KKH: Allison
    PM me for my Facebook (Ios only!)
  • Livy Aha!Livy Aha! Registered Users 35 Posts
    So I own all the available homes and pets but only one is fully decorated. When I want to increase my gold stars or hearts I will often buy the artwork in the houses..the paintings and photos....I love how small and detailed they are...just exquisite. I buy the Balmain dresses,even though they don't give star or hearts, for the same reason. Maria wanted me to buy the floor lamp in Paris a couple of days ago. Have you seen that sorry lamp???? No way Maria, no way.....
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Aye Vatsy :P :D
    I used to buy everything in the house, so my old houses are furnished, and I love them! But now the new houses are expensive and everything inside is expensive too. So I don't own all of them. Plus there are houses like Punta Mita and Malibu that have an amazing view from the living room so I hate to put sofa there and I just don't buy it.
    I would love to buy all the furniture in the Mykonos house, that has to be my fav house ( yeah, probably by now you all know about my Greece obsession lol)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Aye Vatsy :P :D
    I used to buy everything in the house, so my old houses are furnished, and I love them! But now the new houses are expensive and everything inside is expensive too. So I don't own all of them. Plus there are houses like Punta Mita and Malibu that have an amazing view from the living room so I hate to put sofa there and I just don't buy it.
    I would love to buy all the furniture in the Mykonos house, that has to be my fav house ( yeah, probably by now you all know about my Greece obsession lol)

St barts is very pretty too. I bought furniture until it started costing almost as much as the house itself. I think there is an achivement about that too and I like the levels where you get 10 kstars so there is that. I usually don't buy kstar prized furniture BUT with Tokyo I couldn't help myself, I had to have Garrett's house full of these beutiful things and the dog...it's just such a pretty place.

Once in a while during a VIP I buy furniture that costs kstars just to complete enough 'points' to win the next item, that way I've bought furniture for Tokyo and Milan. But I do believe I will keep on buying because I hate those green bubbles and the guy's clothes are not that great for me to feel guilty for buying this things instead of his clothes lol. Xime is a complete different story. She already has some of the houses but no money for furniture because everything goes into clothes lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ha I totally forgot that I opened this thread!

Guys thanks for the feedback, you gave me a lot of interesting perspectives.

Reading some posts now I wish that we could hide those green buttons :rolleyes:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

Reading some posts now I wish that we could hide those green buttons :rolleyes:

Yes, yes and yes! They are annoying lol

Oh, I don't know how to furnish the nursery.. I haven't bought anything yet.. I love the tree and those 4 paintings of animals.. and about the other stuff I can't decide :D
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I like buying furniture. It's not useless because it contributes to your "Cribs" achievement, I think we sleuths figured that out a few weeks ago.

Really, the only things we can spend our kash on in this game are clothes and furniture. So even though the prices are insanely high, I still happily buy furniture whenever I can with kash. Usually I only buy k-star furniture during VIP weekends, either via Maria's luxe goals or if I'm only 10 or 15 k-stars away from reaching 500, there are a lot of tables and chairs etc that only cost a small amount of k-stars so I take advantage of those opportunities.

In my Cannes home I just bought the shelf, one of the couches and the painting because they all cost kash and what else am I gonna save up for?
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I think of the houses, as my FauxBarbie Dream Houses and what good are dream houses without the furniture? Nothing is uglier than all those "buy this" icons all over. It looks so nice all decorated. But I just stumbled into my Tribeca Loft (I was in the photobooth and heard the babies crying" and Tribeca was closest, and I had always pretty much left that property alone because there was no pet, why would I go? You could buy the bed for 2,000. Some newer beds are 50Stars or more. or at least $25000. And I remember reading about the skyrocking prices. That huge shift happened after we bitterly complained that $4000 was a nothing gift or prize. We said it so much Glu heard us and rather than do away with the 4000$ GB Prize, they raised the cost of everything so we'd appreciate the 4000$. But...it was nice to stumble into Tribeca and furnish it at 2014 prices. I know it figures into some achievements. And the price was right. A big screen tv was like 500 or 1500$ I think decorating the whole loft was under 4000$. There was one picture for Stars, and I passed on that one.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trangietrangie Registered Users 29 Posts
    I own all houses and bought all of the furnitures that go with them, but somehow my Cribs achievement always seems to be stuck at 80% of level 6 :( Does anyone else have the same problem? Is is a glitch? I haven't bought all the cars that go with the houses though, since they are too expensive - would buying all the cars bump the achievement bar up? I am a little bit sceptical about this since everytime an update comes out with a new house I would buy and decorate it right away but it didn't change the bar status :(
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    trangie wrote: »
    I own all houses and bought all of the furnitures that go with them, but somehow my Cribs achievement always seems to be stuck at 80% of level 6 :( Does anyone else have the same problem? Is is a glitch? I haven't bought all the cars that go with the houses though, since they are too expensive - would buying all the cars bump the achievement bar up? I am a little bit sceptical about this since everytime an update comes out with a new house I would buy and decorate it right away but it didn't change the bar status :(
    That's really peculiar! Mine is currently at 93% of level 6, and though I also own all the houses I have not completely furnished them. Not even close.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    My doll goes to the Downtown LA home at night, for Siesta to Mykonos and sometimes spends some time with her favorite dog in her London place. She calls him Rocky. In Malibu waits Pepe, in New Jersey Paul, and the cat in Mykonos is called 'Pretty'.
    White T-shirt, white slippers and black pants. The Bill Blass shirt/dress would make a great sleeping shirt :-)
    Owning all the houses, LA is the only completely furnished one. Sometimes the furniture blocks the great view or I simply don't like it.
    Why would I buy Tikis or Lanterns in Big Sur when the fullmoon is so beautiful?
    I love when we have choices like in the nursery.
    Anyway... It's great to come home and the fish jumps from joy out of the water!
    Android
  • Lizzy1979Lizzy1979 Registered Users 16 Posts
    I've bought some furniture for my homes, just not the K Star priced items. With exception of some pets. I own a home in London, and I'm a HUGE bulldog lover, so even though it was 50 K Stars I bought the bulldog 💕 I know there's also a French bulldog in Milan but I haven't bought it yet. I also own the private jet (which is WORTH IT BTW) but it's barely furnished. I think the only homes I fully furnished are LA, Hollywood & Miami. I'm trying to save enough cash to buy houses, but it's so flipping hard lol. I need more friends but now with Gamecenter out of commission due to the iOS updates idk how I can add people :( Anyone here know how I can add new friends?

GameCenter: Romeow1979
    KKH: Lizzy
    K&K: Lizzy
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    The only way to connect is via Facebook now. You'll need to connect your game to a FB account and add friends that way. Try these threads:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?238967-Looking-for-friends-on-the-iOS-Platform

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?225295-iOS-v10-add-friends-thru-FB-Only-updated-10-11