Game freezing: freaked out after update

ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
So yeah, my game freezes now at start up. I can't even access the menu to contact in game support. I tried rebooting like 20 times. It's still freezing. I'm frustrated and upset and really sad. It's been this way since the voting glitch last night. Is anybody else experiencing this?

So I contacted Glu support through here by submitting a ticket. But I don't have my Stardom ID because I can't access the in game menu to copy and paste it.

What at do I do now? HELP PLEASE!!

I'm using iOS 9.3.2

iPad 2
GC: Zoë Strange

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok. first thing is to breathe. I would go to Apple Support...their IM Chat is phenomenal. THey will be able to see about any save data that is up in the cloud. They had me connect my iPad to my computer, and backed up files and then it showed the various save files. Alkoholiks and others meantioned that the more you try to retrieve it the more it 'buris' the file, but that might have been Android. But seriously as Apple support for help. And, I've always dealt with their IMChat, for this kind of thing, but they are really good. It's the faster thing I can think of.

Good Luck
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mccok033Mccok033 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hello! I'm new to the forums but a long time lurker :) I'm having the same issue!! I play on my iPhone 6 and since I updated it won't let me get more then 2 seconds loaded before the game locks up. I contacted apple support and they really couldn't help, we tried everything but deleted and reinstalling the app... I can't send a ticket to Glu either pleased help!
    Hi. If you don't have your Hollywood ID # (You can't get there because the game freezes) you will probably end up starting over, but before you take that drastic step, you can still contact Customer Care with a ticket. Go to the FAQ pages, and on the top right there is a button Contact Us. Use that to submit your ticket.

About Apple Support, did they tell you to connect your device to your desktop, and did they help you back it up to iTunes? I ask this because if they didn't take you through those steps, then you might have gotten the Only unhelpful Apple Support IMChat rep. If it wasn't the Instant Chat button on the Apple Support pages, then I have no idea how effective they are, I can only attest to the reps you get on Instant Chat on Apple Support.

So, I'd go submit the Glu Customer Care ticket, and then , I'd try apple again, Make sure it's Apple/ Apple Support and then find the Instant Chat button. Try again. Ask if it might help to back it up to itunes, and when the crashing is fixed by Glu, you want to make sure your current data is backed up. Basically, just engage them enough politely and they'll try to help. It doesn't hurt to try again with another rep. But submit the ticket with Glu first, and then try Apple Support.

Good Luck. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    To tell you the truth I found that Apple chat seems to not even be a human you're talking to, and I was given incorrect information and there's no doubt whatsoever it's an issue that Apple outright lies about. It's happened to my boyfriend with the main game he plays and it's also been posted here. So I only did chat once, and the other few times I've needed help I just called them. And calling was perfect.
    The past 4 times I suggested Apple Support Chat, the support through chat has been great. Sorry your experience was less than that. But, lets keep this thread on topic of Game Freezing, and not about Apple. Thanks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    O well Glu fixed it. I think. Well, idk if they did or not but I don't care. As long as it's fixed. Thanks, Glu and thanks, KoKo. Yeah, I actually think when the weekend event kicked in then the game "refreshed" and then my game was normal again. You bet your sweet behind I started playing ASAP lol.

Again, thanks Glu!
    Yay,,, I know it seems hopeless when a game goes down, but Glu wants us to be able to play, and they are like the Uber Genius Bar those GluGods. And I bet the Android frozen rank and appearance fix is right about the corner. Play Zoë. Play. You can do it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    The game still freezes and locks up on me from time to time. I did some troubleshooting and I suspect that the other running apps on my iPad are kind of obstructing the "flow" of my game. I tried turning off all notifications for my other apps and it hasn't froze on me.... yet. We will see. *crossed fingers and toes*

But this is definitely a Glu problem and not an Apple one. To the folks that are having the same problem, if you can, as soon as your game works again, submit an in game ticket. Let them know as soon as possible. Even if they don't reply to us in a timely manner at least with enough of us submitting tickets for the same problem, it will raise a red flag and they will definitely have to take action.

In the recent past they have been very helpful and kind to me, though so I'm hoping they are just busy that they couldn't reply so soon.