Cant watch videos for K Stars-Suggestion Pg 3

sdavis56sdavis56 Registered Users 16 Posts
I have the iPhone 6 s and noticed I can't watch videos for free k stars. Is that not a thing anymore or is there a glitch on my phone?
Prev1

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    When did this stop being available? Do you have other offers? (Hi. Nice to meet you) I know it does fluctuate, and depends on a number of factors. Think of them as commercials, the sponsor looks for certain demographics and if you fit fine. I think FAQs has something about this. I'll go take a look. brb. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • sdavis56sdavis56 Registered Users 16 Posts
    I noticed it ever since i started playing on my Apple phone! There isn't even an option to watch videos to get free k stars!
    You might have to check your settings. Something in the new set up could be doing that. If you went from getting 5 a day till your new device and now nothing...you can submit a ticket, but I think they'll probably explain

There are no videos for me to watch.

Video availability is completely dependent on advertisers. If they want to advertise to your specific demographic they may offer videos, but if not, then you will not have any to view. Unfortunately, there is no way to make them want to show videos.

We do try to use multiple vendors in order to increase the chance a video will be available for all of our players. You will just need to check back frequently to see if any are available.

But if you feel it's a tech glitch, then when you submit a ticket, lead off with how you've read and understand the info I linked from the site's FAQ pages. Then point out that the videos went from x per day to 0 for the past xx days since getting the new device. Clearly your demographic hasn't changed, By explaining all that, you may have eliminiated one round of their response, and then you writing back.

If however, the videos were a sporadic thing, then you should probably wait and see if they cycle round again. :) Good luck either way.

OH, any chance that they stopped when you took the 5.0 update May 1st? If so include that info.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ever since I started playing Kim k on my new Apple phone there hasn't been an option to watch video for free k stars. Under the start an there isn't even a box marked get free stars or anything like that
    I have an apple i6s that is up to date so I'm not sure what the problem is!
    I don't even have a box to click to watch videos under the star tab! Nothing! I've emailed and submitted multiple tickets and nothing has happened
    Again, you give no time reference. You could have gotten the phone and submitted a ticket a month ago, or 2 days ago. All I can tell you is to contact customer care. Again if it's been a sufficient length of time. Also, look around on the FAQs for more info about videos. I already brought down and quoted what I found. I'm not the type who is comfortable telling you to reinstall the game, I know some people do that. Sometimes it solves their problem, sometimes it makes them start over. So....your best bet is to try to contact customer care. Explain the situation and hopefully they'll have some answers.
    I'm sorry we can't do more for you. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I suffered this for nearly an entire year. That could have easily earned me hundreds of KStars. Finally last week I told myself, I need to solve it since support can't. And I know the way was to re-install the game. So I did just that. I backed up to iCloud, backed up to iTunes on my computer. Deleted the game. Restored the backup from iTunes. Now I am happily watching ads for KStars.

Try at your own risk

I can't and don't guarantee it will work for you, but it worked for me months back, and it worked last week.
    PM to add
    I knew if I mentioned it, stronger stomachs than mine would talk about it. YOUR OWN RISK is right. I've heard a few instances of not backing up to the cloud since the 5.0 Update, but since we're talking about Apple, if you contact their Apple Support IMChat from your desktop, tell them you want to make sure you're backed up to the cloud before you uninstall and reinstall. Ask about backing up through iTunes, and they will be able to help set you up to do that. THen you will see right there that the file is there, and then try the above method.

If you do try it, good luck, but know you can lose everything. That's why I'd do the extra step of talking to Apple Support. They've been awesome 9 times out of 10 I recommended them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    You're right, talk to Apple too. I recently talked to a customer care personnel who is playing KKH too :rolleyes: And so she understands my entire problem without me having to go into details. We were chatting happily, just short of adding each other lmfao.
    PM to add
    I got my iPhone three weeks and installed Kim k on my phone and there hasn't been as box to watch video for free stars since I started playing. I used to play on my droid and this wasn't an issue.
    I submitted a ticket five days ago and one two days ago.
    And no, I don't think I have the guts to uninstall my game so in hoping they can fix this bug with an update or something
    You'll have to be very patient. Do not submit anymore ticket, wait for them to respond.

I submitted several tickets over the span of 1 year regarding this issue. They were never able to solve it. Support would give a standard reply that ads are subjective to countries etc, tell you to check WiFi connection blah blah then end with "We're working on the ads with more companies in future".
    PM to add
    Ok, you can't equate what happened on your Android with your new game on your iPhone. You made it seem as tho your game had been getting these offers, when your game moved to you new device you stopped.

2 different platforms, 2 different games. Only connection is they're both KK:H games.
    So Yes. Please wait for Customer Care to respond. ANd next time you have an issue it would be mucho helpful if you gave more details. And please make the difference in the two platform 2 games when talking to Customer Care. Your old game has nothing to do with this. It's not why did your game STOP receiving offers, it's why doesn't your new game on your device get any offers. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don't have any offers because I don't even have the button to press to watch the videos!
    And when customer responds to you, tell them. But make sure you specify it's a new game on a new platform and has nothing to do with your previous game on the android. Good luck,and I hope this is resolved swiftly for you. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Still hasn't been resolved! And no one has responded to my ticket submission. I tried installing the game on my computer and iPad and each had the same issue: no box to click to watch videos for k stars. I wonder if it is an apple issue
    You can contact Apple Support and check with them, and although there is probably a bit of a wait in the queue for Customer Care here, your ticket will be answered. Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the game inspite of waiting to find out about the video button. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I just started my second game and realized that I had to reach level 8 for the "GET FREE STARS" box to show.
    ๐ŸŽ iOS dolls๐Ÿ“ฑ ย 
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Thanks for this Angeline & Jon. :) Now I'll have an answer when this comes up. Welcome to the forum.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Thanks for this Angeline & Jon. :) Now I'll have an answer when this comes up. Welcome to the forum.

You are very welcome. I came here to look for an answer to the same problem I encountered but couldn't find one. Was struggling to delete the game I just started and reinstall it. (Although it was a new game but I've already received some gifts. Hate to waste them.) I also sent a message in help center through the game but I figured it out myself by leveling it up. Thank Godness it didn't take long to level up in the beginning of the game. I was so excited to see that "Get Free Stars" box and had to come back here to share! I later on heard back from help center so this information is confirmed.

Thank you for welcoming me and thank You for keeping up such a good forum. :)
    ๐ŸŽ iOS dolls๐Ÿ“ฑ ย 
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Is this supposed to happen? Once you make an in app purchase, you no longer have the option of watching videos for k stars? Or is there a way I can get them back?
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
    That happens to some people, and I thought it had been corrected. I think NaiMonster had this happen, and a few others. Lets do a search for more posts in this topic and see what we can find. Also, check the FAQs here, and see if there is anything that addresses it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I searched but only came up with a glitch that happened a year or so ago and didn't specify it being after making an IAP
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    Hi again, I found a recent thread, and merged yours with it. Try looking through there is some info that might help, otherwise, try Customer Care. So sorry this is happening. Let us know if this helped at all. Good luck. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm a little afraid to uninstall but I had no issue when I transferred my game from my old iOS device to this new one. Argh I'll think about it lol
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    Let me say I feel ya on that. I would be petrified to uninstall. Think long and hard, and then maybe when Nai is around she can hold your hand through it if you want to try. But, will that bring back the ads as well? I would do the uninstall as a last resort. They've given us the chance for a free star when we're out on the street doing a Reality Run In, level up with NPCs and you get stars, Ask yourself if it's worth it. And then, contact customer care and wait foe their response. Transfers have always worked for me, others not so lucky. I'd hate to see the same thing over this. But....you're ios. so if you back up to itunes through your computer, and then do a back up now on itunes, just before you do it, I'd feel less worried. I love Apple Care, maybe you want to try and involve them. lol. I'd get Apple Support IMChat going on my desktop, I'd tell the lovely Genius that you had to uninstall and reinstall to correct a problem, but you want to make sure you have copies in itunes, (which also set up folders on your desktop) through connecting your device to the computer and backing up. When I had to wipe and reinstall everything, it took so long, because I had to make sure everything was back up in the right places. So, if you do all that, then even I wouldn't be so scared to uninstall and reinstall. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I guess I should update and say that I checked to see if the game was backed up to iCloud which it was... I played it a little bit and then went ahead and uninstalled. It was a success and I got my free k star videos back! All is well in the KKH world lol. Thank you Koko and Nai!
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    Phew. So very glad. That's why I could never be a surgeon. Can't take the stress of making an Ooopsie. lol. Congratulations Bladeoo, I love success stories. Love Apple, love the icloud, love that you can also back up in iTunes. Let's see Google come up with that. No. Seriously. Let's see Google do it. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yes, Google needs to step their game up, no pun intended haha
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Val_ wrote: ยป
    Thanks so much for all the info! :)

I actually sent Glu a message already (before I saw your post), but yeah I assumed it was because ads aren't necessarily available in my area!

Val_ and others who can't watch videos for stars,
    if you're on iOS try turning off in-app purchases in your settings. It's under General>Restrictions>In-App Purchases. I switched it off and now I get the option to watch videos and do other offers. And you can always turn it back on whenever you want to buy something. I hope it works for you!
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
    Thanks for your tip Miimoliin, I've copied it here to help others with this problem
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary