Monday: Anticipation for a lil Sumpin' Sumpin'? Tuesday 6/28*wink wink nudge nudge"

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    I'm kinda glad there's a break from the weekday events, some time to catch up on storylines, especially this new one. And to those complaining about the new reality gig set up, look you don't have to do the product placement lol if you wanna keep shooting at Calabasas for 3 hours every single time then go for it, but Glu is making you work for the little extras by doing it in other places, which I think it's great, otherwise what's the point? Disagree with me, fine, whatever, but my opinion is that the more interactive the game, the better. Unless you like repetitive behaviors, fine, then keep shooting at Calabasas, aint nobody stoppin ya! Regarding the club, I'm totally gonna buy it when a VIP event comes, I think it'll add more to my gameplay as storylines have seem to dry out for me a bit.

I'm all for more options in the game, but for every 1 who's glad they updated themselves out of an event this week, there are 10 more who would gladly change places. Unfortunately, there is a glitch in the update that divides the players into 2 categories. Those with the event, and those without. I feel for all of us who updated promptly
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ElisaRoseElisaRose Registered Users 17 Posts
    Guys, could anybody explain if the product placement is one per week or can we have multiple placements concurrently?
    Android player! Level 33, A++
    Gamer ID: pudifish. You can add me :)
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Oh well, we have plenty to do with the new storyline and update. I'll go on the record saying that it is high time Glu figure out how to run a game without endless glitches, since other games I play manage this. Sorry if that seems like I am ungrateful; I am most assuredly not ungrateful. But if it's not one thing, it's another. Glu does such a great job with fun updates and expanding gameplay, and sometimes it gets overshadowed by the bad stuff. I would not want to give up the innovation if that is the only way to stop glitches, but surely they can find a way to improve without bugs. Like the kids are saying now, "Get you a game that does both"
    ElisaRose wrote: »
    Guys, could anybody explain if the product placement is one per week or can we have multiple placements concurrently?

I read one at a time. I think I have the screenshot, but Simon def said one at a time.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    I'm all for more options in the game, but for every 1 who's glad they updated themselves out of an event this week, there are 10 more who would gladly change places. Unfortunately, there is a glitch in the update that divides the players into 2 categories. Those with the event, and those without. I feel for all of us who updated promptly

yes I definitely agree with that sentiment, it truly is unfair. I personally find it bothersome that it is acknowledged that one platform has it but not others, what of the rest of us? fine don't give us the throwback because of an error but give us some compensation! lol I wouldn't mind the 200 Kstar that was missing from the previous weekend haha glu can be such a naughty tease about a lot of things. anyway yeah I do find it unfortunate and despite what I did say, I'm glad for the break but I do want some compensation for not having been given the same opportunity as others
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    All right, so all is good in KKH land. I'll take the recess. Thank you Glu!, I have so much going on in RL right now that it was making me sad to not have the time to do TBs. Last week I only got 1 box for 1 of my games :sigh: such is life. So, today I'm feeling like there is not this 'other task' I need to see about and complete lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Oh well, we have plenty to do with the new storyline and update. I'll go on the record saying that it is high time Glu figure out how to run a game without endless glitches, since other games I play manage this. Sorry if that seems like I am ungrateful; I am most assuredly not ungrateful. But if it's not one thing, it's another. Glu does such a great job with fun updates and expanding gameplay, and sometimes it gets overshadowed by the bad stuff. I would not want to give up the innovation if that is the only way to stop glitches, but surely they can find a way to improve without bugs. Like the kids are saying now, "Get you a game that does both"

totally agree!! glu has how many games in their portfolio? is making how much? in the business how long? (all rhetorical Qs guys) like come on man! get your ish together! I would understand if it was just a rag tag bunch of tech noobs running the show but I know it's not so there's no excuse for all the glitches week after week (it seems like it's week after week right?) thankful for all the support people and team that puts up with us hahaha I hope they know we come from a place of (crazed and passionate) love for the game :P
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    yes I definitely agree with that sentiment, it truly is unfair. I personally find it bothersome that it is acknowledged that one platform has it but not others, what of the rest of us? fine don't give us the throwback because of an error but give us some compensation! lol I wouldn't mind the 200 Kstar that was missing from the previous weekend haha glu can be such a naughty tease about a lot of things. anyway yeah I do find it unfortunate and despite what I did say, I'm glad for the break but I do want some compensation for not having been given the same opportunity as others

But if we're being real we did have the chance, we just didn't wait enough time to see what was happening. I guess those game lovers that updated are somehow being punished for being impatient. But is good, people are going to enjoy having TB things now and we will at the right time. Let's love each other <3<3
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    What happened here, wasn't platform related. As it turns out, we're 99.99% sure it was update induced. No one was supposed to get a midweek event, but those who didn't update....found a 4TB Box Mideweek event. Believe me, I'm sure Glu regrets this problem. Might not have occured to them that so many people wouldn't update when it became available.

No one was supposed to get a midweek event, but those who didn't update....found a 4TB Box Mideweek event.

This little player got Midweek
    This litte player did not.
    This little player got boxes
    and this little player got none.
    and this little player, yes this little player, well
    -............ And this little player kried why why why, all the way home.

P.s. People who updated aren't impatient. We're trusting. And many of us are on automatic update. Plus Androids all over eagerly waiting for the fix that will unfreeze our friends, a problem since May 1st and the 5.0 update. Updating when the update is released is not impatient. eager, yes. Waiting for 2 months......patient. Very very patient.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    lol I think you are right, Koko - we are all so excited on the forum when it is update time, and update immediately. They probably thought everyone did what we do.
    What happened here, wasn't platform related. As it turns out, we're 99.99% sure it was update induced. No one was supposed to get a midweek event, but those who didn't update....found a 4TB Box Mideweek event. Believe me, I'm sure Glu regrets this problem. Might not have occured to them that so many people wouldn't update when it became available.

No one was supposed to get a midweek event, but those who didn't update....found a 4TB Box Mideweek event.

I'm like kinda laughing at myself just because I turned automatic updates off on my phone but only recently turned it back on because I just didn't want to miss KKH updates... if only I didn't change my ways for this game lol #obsessed

stardust LOVE for all <3 happy Tuesday y'all
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    The worst part is me seeing it disappear right before my eyes when I updated 3 mins after the unofficial event :(

I could have... I could have...
    PM to add
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Ok, apparently the update didn't include a midweek event this week. There will be weeks with no Midweek Event. Unfortunately for those who updated promptly, our games are working as intended. The glitch, is the un-updated games do have an event, during a week NO ONE is supposed to be getting the event.

I've clarified all this for Glu, but the bottom line. There is no 'official' Throwback event this week. ANd those who didn't update are caught in this great glitch.

The rest of us, just do your storyline and side gigs. I'm really sorry this happened. I'm hurting times 3. 12 boxes of throwback items down the drain. And in some strange masochistic way, I'm glad I'm missing it with most of you. It's very hard to tell people to hang on, or cheer up, when my games are fine but my friends games are hurting.

But in this instance....no event is not a glitch. The un-updated games are the ones in this very attractive glitch. I'm sorry guys.

Well thank you for that, Koko. What a glitch to wanna have lol. Part of me is upset cuz I could really use that TBE to expand my rather small wardrobe. Part of me is happy I don't have to grind this week due to the massive amounts of grinding I did this past weekend.

Anyway, here's my product placement which is random, since I had to do like 10 reality gigs before getting an offer. It's for Dino cereal LOL

8Nkk6NO.jpg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Updates, whether for games, programs, security...programs, blahblahblah, are supposed to be done as soon as available. There was no "impatience" involved. That's an...odd...idea. Because people did the correct thing, and at the correct time, they inadvertently got shut out, while the latecommers got something that wasn't intended for them. Fair? No.

Anyway, what kind of a$$backwards thought counts on people not to update, either automatically or manually?? smh at how ridic and foolish a move that was. Who *does* that?? Hello? Lazy-a$$ way out? You home? What exactly do you get paid for?? Who even *hired* someone that couldn't do the job? So now we have probs because of cheaters *and * "friendly" fire?
    totally agree!! glu has how many games in their portfolio? is making how much? in the business how long? (all rhetorical Qs guys) like come on man! get your ish together! I would understand if it was just a rag tag bunch of tech noobs running the show but I know it's not so there's no excuse for all the glitches week after week (it seems like it's week after week right?) thankful for all the support people and team that puts up with us hahaha I hope they know we come from a place of (crazed and passionate) love for the game :P

Doll, be careful with your rhetoricals. I said yes to a 'rhetorical' question and we've been married over 20 years. :) (Ok, he 'asked' if I'd marry him during a deep conversation. I said yes, We kissed. A LOT. I went home, next day I said I wanted to stop and pick up Brides magazine. He replied "Oh, you do know that was a rhetorical question, don't you?) He's been paying for that ever since. So I tell everyone, careful with rhetorical questions.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

Here's a Tuesday song I dug up from Youtube.

It's fine to vent, but then we just have to turn our mind around and cherish the day. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LarinexLarinex Registered Users 103 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    But if we're being real we did have the chance, we just didn't wait enough time to see what was happening. I guess those game lovers that updated are somehow being punished for being impatient. But is good, people are going to enjoy having TB things now and we will at the right time. Let's love each other <3<3

Not really, one of my games updated automatically when i restarted my device after a system upgrade so that prompted me to update the other one but Facebook and Kindle update has not been released yet hence the reason why we have the throwback event. Always the last to the party

P.s. People who updated aren't impatient. We're trusting. And many of us are on automatic update. Plus Androids all over eagerly waiting for the fix that will unfreeze our friends, a problem since May 1st and the 5.0 update. Updating when the update is released is not impatient. eager, yes. Waiting for 2 months......patient. Very very patient.

I think this glitchy problems started with 5.0 if they can trace it back we will get a permanent fix
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Glu gods, if you need to hire a glitch checker, HIRE ME! I'd love to check your game and updates for glitches ;)
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
    bladeoo wrote: »
    Well thank you for that, Koko. What a glitch to wanna have lol. Part of me is upset cuz I could really use that TBE to expand my rather small wardrobe. Part of me is happy I don't have to grind this week due to the massive amounts of grinding I did this past weekend.

Anyway, here's my product placement which is random, since I had to do like 10 reality gigs before getting an offer. It's for Dino cereal LOL

8Nkk6NO.jpg

Just finished my second 8 hour reality series and no product placement so i think i will take a break and do other gigs.
    Just to clarify my understanding on this product placement thingy, after you get the placement does it mean you have to do your reality shows in that particular home until that week expires?
    Does clicking on the product during the reality show give you excess stars and how many times during the show can you click the product,
    doll, be careful with your rhetoricals. I said yes to a 'rhetorical' question and we've been married over 20 years. :) (ok, he 'asked' if i'd marry him during a deep conversation. I said yes, we kissed. A lot. I went home, next day i said i wanted to stop and pick up brides magazine. He replied "oh, you do know that was a rhetorical question, don't you?) he's been paying for that ever since. So i tell everyone, careful with rhetorical questions.

:):):):o:o
    I do know that they are working on the Android Freeze for one, and 'working on it' is the best way to express it. They have hands on every glitch they catch or we catch, and believe me, having the unupdated games with a 4 TB box event, and the autoupdaters and swiftly compliant player aren't getting it is a definite glitch. It's such a backwards glitch. Very unfortunate, and I'm sorry if I'm beating the drum. But this is an awful glitch. I'm sorry for everyone who was counting on something. I didn't want to say 'I don't think we're getting an event tomorrow" but I put so many "Or Not, Maybe not" etc in my post about not always getting throwbacks, or not even always getting a midweek event. But what I don't get, if the game was plugged in for a 4 box event, why take it away in the update? Hold the future ones back, not one that was already in there. I haven't heard anything back, so I guess they are just monitoring these threads, because they did ask for feedback.

Enjoy the time off, or finish your new storylines. :) There's still plenty to do here. I'm going to try and not self soothe by buying things. Real things, things in the game. Just say No Koko, Just say No. (after the boatload of $$ I dumped into the game on Friday, the bank is closed for a while.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I'm sort of happy we don't have grind for throwback items, I'm just going to concentrate on the product placement tasks and play with my new polar bear haha :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    Larinex wrote: »
    :):):):o

Yeah, it's funny. It's depressing when I see all these magnificent proposal scenarios, and I got a rhetorical question. But he's spent a lifetime with me spoiling me, getting me everything my heart desires.Right now I wish he could get me the Midweek event that the sleepyheads got. :( That's the thing about being a Gemini+. You can be 100% fine with not having an event, and 100% crushed at the same time. Depends which one is typing. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts

Yes, I feel being punished by upgrading the game. It's like whatever we love about the game .. Mid week TB events, repeating SCL gigs .. Glu took them away from us. :( My summer break just started. This is the first Tuesday that I don't have to hide in the faculty bathroom tapping or lie to the students that I'm reading on my iPad. (Hopefully non of them are on this forum!) I don't understand why Glu doesn't want us to have more TB events. Players spend a lot more K stars opening additional TB gift boxes. That's a good business for Glu, isn't it? So disappointed!! :mad:
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Larinex wrote: »
    Just finished my second 8 hour reality series and no product placement so i think i will take a break and do other gigs.
    Just to clarify my understanding on this product placement thingy, after you get the placement does it mean you have to do your reality shows in that particular home until that week expires?
    Does clicking on the product during the reality show give you excess stars and how many times during the show can you click the product,

Let me check Support and see if there's a post about Placement. I did grab all the screenshots of the dialogue, so give me a little time, after I make my son's lunch I'll wade through them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    My feedback is 98811A69-0EFE-4E80-86C4-5B2F125249E1_zpsyrchqkqj.jpg because I'm having a difficult time lately and I needed the distraction.

But more generally I hope that there will be more throwback events in future because it was a good way of doing it - better than the sales imo but I know not everyone agrees
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    While I'm happy to have a bit of a break, I do feel left out! I guess I'll just stalk IG to see what everybody's getting in their TB boxes....
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    They should just roll out the throwback event for the rest of us all loyal players who updated. I don't mind if I have lesser time, I'll gladly grind for it.
    PM to add
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    They could just give us a TB event with reduced points to earn for each box and everything will be fine again 😎
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.