Will clearing the cache on Android affect my game progress?

daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
My phone is seriously lacking in memory space, and I recently figured out that it's because I have nearly 4 GB of cached data... Yikes! I've cleared the cache manually for some apps, but there's still a long way to go. I can choose to clear the entire cache on my phone at once, but I'm unsure whether this will affect my game progress in KKH? (And Neko Atsume, and several other addictive games lol). I'm like 98 % sure that clearing the cache does nothing, while clearing the data will mean I lose all game progress. But I need the last 2 % to be entirely sure :) Could someone please give confirm this for me?
hackers can burn in hell

Comments

• KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I cleaned my android (samsung galaxy tab 4) cache a couple weeks ago, and my doll was unaffected
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Keem wrote: »
    I cleaned my android (samsung galaxy tab 4) cache a couple weeks ago, and my doll was unaffected

Keem, you're the last 2 % I needed. I just cleared it, and nothing bad happened. I just have an extra 4 GB on my phone.

Thank you!
    hackers can burn in hell
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ckear Cache in the Application Manager is perfect. You do NOT ever want to touch the 'Clear Data' that is the one that can nuke your game.

Tiy avatar kiije great Daffodil.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Ckear Cache in the Application Manager is perfect. You do NOT ever want to touch the 'Clear Data' that is the one that can nuke your game.

Tiy avatar kiije great Daffodil.

Koko I gotta be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to say in that last paragraph, but I'm gonna take it as a compliment and say thanks, lol
    hackers can burn in hell
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh, I'm sorry, Puterhead gets that from me all the time. I type with my eyes elsewhere, and if a hand moves one key over, some words are fine, the others are weird. let me take a look, I know I was complimenting your avatar, so one hand over....hmmm. I can usually figure this out.

Ok, avatatar was fine, so the left hand was good.....oh, the avatar looks great Daffodil. For the word kiije, the right hand was over one. It self corrected by the time I needed the o in Daffodil. and the the e was a misfire as well. Quarter to midnight....I think my eyes were shutting down. so yeah, a compliment. lol. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary