Monday Monday - I heard a rumor...........

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I've never paid because I've always had the glitch, lol. But I've always wondered about it.

Me too! The glitch doesn't seem to be working this time though...

Before I even knew it was a glitch I just assumed once you hit a certain amount of votes you won. So say if the limit was 20 wins and 20 people selected your outfit then you moved on to the next round. I didn't realize you were actually supposed to wait the full 4 hours.

Although now that I think about it, it would be nice if those votes were based off that. Instead of earning 10 or 20 points for a loss or win, you earn a point per vote you get.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    What I would like is a little clarification on the who what when of the voting. The pop-up that appears when you submit a look says, "Over the next four hours, real players will vote on your look," but after twenty seconds (I think) you are able to purchase your results. Now, if I'm voting on looks, I can't vote on that many in twenty seconds. So unless my submission is instantly added to the rotation, in that time, not many have seen it. So my question I guess is: Is voting for twenty seconds or four hours? Or is buying early results for kstars just giving you what is tallied at thst point, but if you wait, more votes will be earned?
    I'd really like to know that as well.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Thank god I'm not the only one who thought my doll lost her legs. I thought I was crazy!

Ok my thoughts of this event is... Glu is greedy, actually I am too. I'm greedy for the throwback boxes, but Glu my dear, you shouldn't prey on your players' weakness like this. It's like on one hand, you want to be nice and take in our suggestions to incorporate throwback boxes in voting events, but on the other hand you think you're 'losing' too much and decide to charge your players for that. That doesn't make you generous, what, are you too shy for that?
    PM to add
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    A reminder to those who are participating in the event: even if you're not grinding, it may be a good idea to check your pets, as they can give check marks, too-- every little bit helps!

I hope people get some good throwback items!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    done for my female :)
    image_zpsiq2ztmgv.png
    image_zpsznz5y4gr.png
    image_zpskvvddhrq.png
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Can anyone report what the points increments are? So far I finished my first box. The first box was 50 as we all know, and the second is showing 105 points for me. Can anyone confirm what the other two are?
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Can anyone report what the points increments are? So far I finished my first box. The first box was 50 as we all know, and the second is showing 105 points for me. Can anyone confirm what the other two are?

The third is 155. Not sure about the final.
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    I was really excited to hear there was gonna be a midweek event, seeing as though there wasn't a weekend event for K&K to play. But this is just dumb to me. Why would I pay 30 kstars just for a pair of stupid sunglasses to play an event where the earnables aren't even good (except the tb boxes... I could use some buy not for 30 kstars. I only have 4 atm.) Guess I'll just have to wait for the next K&K event.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hey guys,

Thanks for telling us what you think. When we ran similar events in the past, some players mentioned they didn’t like the quality of the entries. We’ve seen your impressive styling skills outside of the Show Your Style events, so we decided to challenge the community to style around one common item. We knew you would all be up for it!

We also changed the rewards that winners receive. Now you’ll have 2 chances to win a throwback box and 2 chances to win new clothing!

Recognizing that a lot of you are unhappy with it, we will explore other fun ways to encourage competition. Your feedback is always important to us, so please continue to share your comments.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Hey guys,

Thanks for telling us what you think. When we ran similar events in the past, some players mentioned they didn’t like the quality of the entries. We’ve seen your impressive styling skills outside of the Show Your Style events, so we decided to challenge the community to style around one common item. We knew you would all be up for it!

We also changed the rewards that winners receive. Now you’ll have 2 chances to win a throwback box and 2 chances to win new clothing!

Recognizing that a lot of you are unhappy with it, we will explore other fun ways to encourage competition. Your feedback is always important to us, so please continue to share your comments.

thank you Kalinda for listening. I think the main point of contention is the Kstar entry price (regardless of sunnies being included). looking forward to what you guys have for improved, user friendly future events!
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hey guys,

Thank you KalindaKing for listening to us. I personally like the idea of the Show Your Style events being based on creating an outfit around one item. I also really love the idea of winning two TB boxes and new clothing items. The thing that most people are upset with is having to buy an item for K Stars to compete. My suggestion is to use items that only cost kash or like someone on the thread suggested make the item free for the duration of the event and let the player have the option to buy it if they want after the event is over. I believe people will be much happier with one of these options. One last thing, could you consider shorting the waiting period of voting results to maybe 3 hours. Again thank you.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    If you're going to make people pay Kstars to do an event, it would be nice if it was glitch free. I left my game 4 hours ago only to come back and be told "Whoops, your look did not submit". Not only that but when I FINALLY got it to accept an entry, I did not receive any points at all for submitting one. Not wasting 4 hours is pretty important when you're in a timed event.

Edit: if you want people to not hack the game, being nicer to those of us who pay and grind would be helpful. Eventually you break our spirits and we either give up or go the way of hacking it.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    krystal wrote: »
    The third is 155. Not sure about the final.

Thanks! It seems like the increments are WAY more manageable this time. Way to go Glu!
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
    Hey guys,

Thank you for trying new things with the event. I love everything about it except the pay to play feature. Having to buy an item with stars is what set people off. I would keep the format of styling around an item and just make it a kash item instead of a Kstars item. It really has improved the quality of the submissions. I like everything else about the event though. You got it right with a mix of throwback boxes and event clothing. Also the points intervals are great, very manageable for a mid-week event. Thanks for always watching and listening Glu! I know you guys must be looking and lurking constantly, but I like seeing an actual Glu response right here in the forums.

Now if only we could buy a 3rd throwback box in our palettes instead of just two per palette ;)
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm seeing outfits I've never seen before. A lot are making me really jealous lol. I love it

Maybe even reduce the buy in to like 10 k stars? Especially since a lot of the recent updates require you to spend them, such as San Diego and Iceland. It's making me be really conservative with what I'm spending.
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Hmm. Cool concept of event. I'm on vacation so haven't been on much. I bought the glasses. Pretty sure I won't be able to earn the last item, though. Considering the results are every 4 hours and I don't have stars to spend to speed it up. But good luck to everyone participating!!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    My thing is, WHY DID IT HAVE TO COST K STARS? At least make it like 10 k stars. Not everyone has a butt ton of k stars to throw away nor money to give away to "buy an island".
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    Hey guys,

I think this type of event is a great idea. I'm actually kind of bummed that I'm not getting to join in on the fun. I'm just unhappy that we have to buy black sunglasses, which I already have a few pair of, for 30 kstars that I probably won't wear again past the event. It just seems like a waste to me, because I'd have to buy a pack of kstars just to purchase the glasses in the first place. If we could pay a lower amount, or maybe in cash, that would be better imo.
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Hey guys,

What do you exactly mean with 2 new chances? I finished the event already so how do I win more clothing?
    Minji wrote: »
    What do you exactly mean with 2 new chances? I finished the event already so how do I win more clothing?

By 2 chances I think she means that the event had two TB boxes for us to win or maybe she meant we have a chance to open a second box for 60 K stars. At least that's how I understand it. Also how is every one finishing the event so fast?
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Mirela, and NQueen, I deleted your posts, I'm sorry. Mirela, you gave what you thought were the instructions for a cheat and just because it didn't work, makes no difference. Cheating is not allowed in the game, and can not be discussed like that in the forum. We even tiptoe around words like Hack. Hope you understand, and continue to enjoy it here. No problem, you didn't realize. It's human.

ANd NQueen, your post was right on, but by quoting Mirela, you had her steps posted again.

Sorry for the deletes, hope you understand. :) Thanks mucho. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Minji wrote: »

What Kalinda meant was there are two TB boxes and two items of new event clothing. She was speaking about what the four event level prizes were, and she said it was "new" because the event clothing is two new items. Plus, the idea of having clothing as a prize during the week is new too.
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
    Also FACK. I was careful to keep my energy low all day because I knew I was about to level up and OF COURSE it happens when I have a full bar of energy. Of course. :rolleyes: #FWP
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    My thing is, WHY DID IT HAVE TO COST K STARS? At least make it like 10 k stars. Not everyone has a butt ton of k stars to throw away nor money to give away to "buy an island".

Sonia never disappoints. I love how you tacked on the "island" bit, doll.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Here's what I got in my TB box:

H7VNNMu.png

I'm so glad I finally have those thigh-high boots. The bag is not as useful, but at least it's not sunglasses! ;)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Here's what I got in my TB box:I'm so glad I finally have those thigh-high boots. The bag is not as useful, but at least it's not sunglasses! ;)

Congrats haftime! Your comment about the sunglasses was so on point cause was exactly what I got in my first box... It looks pretty identical to the one we bought to play the event I'm sure they are twins:p

I wonder when I'm going to start to get lucky with my throwback boxes, seriously I have ALL earnables is not possible that all this time guys just got krap on the gift boxes and I never noticed that lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    What are the Global Music Video Awards? Google doesn't know.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    What are the Global Music Video Awards? Google doesn't know.

Likely the fakey name for the upcoming VMAs, airing later this month.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Hi Mirela, and NQueen, I deleted your posts, I'm sorry. Mirela, you gave what you thought were the instructions for a cheat and just because it didn't work, makes no difference. Cheating is not allowed in the game, and can not be discussed like that in the forum. We even tiptoe around words like Hack. Hope you understand, and continue to enjoy it here. No problem, you didn't realize. It's human.

ANd NQueen, your post was right on, but by quoting Mirela, you had her steps posted again.

Sorry for the deletes, hope you understand. :) Thanks mucho. :)

No problem Koko and sorry about that. :)
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Likely the fakey name for the upcoming VMAs, airing later this month.

Ahhhh, ok. I thought it might have been real, like Cannes.