Weekend Event 9/16/16 - First Annual GLU Kimmie Awards & Party Event

Comments

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    i dont see the hair twin in my closet, is it a purchaseable hair or was it hair from a previous event? I'd actually like to have this hair in my natural color as well! I like the hair because I can be blonde without having my eyebrows be blonde lol but that's just me. though I really would like to have this hair in my natural hair color I can't find it in my closet :(

These two:
    IMG_2716.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Unique is all glammed up for the kimmies!

KKH_Screenshot_1474036936147.jpg

My boxes :

I got lucky with the hair !
    20160916_084908.png

20160916_084848.png

Should have stopped here but wanted the dress !

20160916_084824.png

20160916_084801.png

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    ^
    ^ yes that hair is the one I was talking about. I want different hairstyles with more coloroptions. Add more color glu, pretty please
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_odlqrccEJC1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

Missed the hair but I'm not all that bummed since I only wanted to grab a box item for event points and the energy is super useful for weekends like this XD

Hopefully I can reach the rings tonight at least so these parties can come with additional points ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    These two:
    IMG_2716.jpg

ughh I want that ombrè! thanks angeline ! katinkae I agree, more color options and not have our eyebrows change with the hair color!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Pheew! I got the hair.
    QcwuQ1K.png?1

I promised to my self if I picked two consecutive 'bad' prizes would stop the chase. My free box was the pants and right after I surprisingly got the hair!!!!

I love a lot the blazer, but it wasn't in my pallette and that's not a good sign (generally I have 3 weekend items in my 'free' pallettes), so I'll stop here before my luck goes away...

I tried the hair and it's a little bit different that I was expecting TBH. I love to style my RL hair like that with half in a bun and half down (I let my bangs loose, cause I think I have an immense forehead lol) and like to add a tiny braid on the half down, so I was immediately lured by the hair.

However all that hair volume plus the heavy wavy texture it's something that don't feel much comfortable with, I need a second to adjust that in my head, no pun intended, since I'm used to straight or slightly wavy hair styles.

Don't get me wrong I'm super happy and it's a beautiful hair style, I think I just need some words of encouragement to feel more confident about the look lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I've opened 6 boxes so far (including the free box) without getting the hair... However, the hair has been in every palette.

I want it. I want it so bad. I NEED it.

Should I continue? I had almost 1000 k-stars saved. Is this what I've been saving up for the entire time?

Decisions, decisions...
    hackers can burn in hell
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I'm super satisfied. I gave myself a spending cap of 200 kstars, opened a few palettes and was lucky enough to get boxes of kstars twice with only one bum pick of 4 grand. Winning the dress and the shoes, but really wanting platinum hair, I gave myself one last box and it was the hair.

I actually don't mind that it's the style of the brown hombre one because that only looks good to me with black/brown hair and I like to toggle between black, blonde and pink. All I wanted was a platinum long look and I got it.

I really am not that into the earnable look but I'm up for parties because I derma-abrased myself into a red angry rash and am still recovering from a concussion, so I'm going to be a cave-dweller all weekend.
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Yeah, it's exactly the same hair, but I never wanted it because of the style, was because of the color. Platinum is everything! I got the hair this morning and I'm happy!
    Btw, my doll also dress up like Marilyn today!

lwE7QRg.jpg
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    "To The Top" is nominated for best drama.
    Unforgettable the moment when the 'Runaway Bride' fled in panic in the middle of her honeymoon and broke up with her husband, (setting a record as the shortest marriage ever) and the following breakdown of her career.
    Now here she is, celebrating her Kimmie nomination and her successful comeback!
    KKH_Screenshot_1474042119408_zpsbp3vrlfw.jpg
    Android
  • Kkhde2000Kkhde2000 Registered Users 26 Posts
    2b5ovr.jpg Dress is inspired by Marilyn Monroe
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    "To The Top" is nominated for best drama.
    Unforgettable the moment when the 'Runaway Bride' fled in panic in the middle of her honeymoon and broke up with her husband, (setting a record as the shortest marriage ever) and the following breakdown of her career.
    Now here she is, celebrating her Kimmie nomination and her successful comeback!
    KKH_Screenshot_1474042119408_zpsbp3vrlfw.jpg

I love this Rumplestillzchen Episode Runaway Bride from To The Top is awesome.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I'm glad you like this weekend's items!

I thought it was pretty exciting when KUWTK won Choice TV Show: Reality at the Teen Choice Awards in July :)

I'm ready for the Kimmie Awards now too. I changed my hair recently to reflect the lob I have IRL.

09_16_forum_selfie.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Pheew! I got the hair.
    QcwuQ1K.png?1

I promised to my self if I picked two consecutive 'bad' prizes would stop the chase. My free box was the pants and right after I surprisingly got the hair!!!!

I love a lot the blazer, but it wasn't in my pallette and that's not a good sign (generally I have 3 weekend items in my 'free' pallettes), so I'll stop here before my luck goes away...

I tried the hair and it's a little bit different that I was expecting TBH. I love to style my RL hair like that with half in a bun and half down (I let my bangs loose, cause I think I have an immense forehead lol) and like to add a tiny braid on the half down, so I was immediately lured by the hair.

However all that hair volume plus the heavy wavy texture it's something that don't feel much comfortable with, I need a second to adjust that in my head, no pun intended, since I'm used to straight or slightly wavy hair styles.

Don't get me wrong I'm super happy and it's a beautiful hair style, I think I just need some words of encouragement to feel more confident about the look lol

Congrats!!! Yay Vats!
    You remind me of the babe...
  • AngeredFanAngeredFan Registered Users 36 Posts
    a305d9fe0a2c49ceb132da23984bf794.png

Luck was by my side today. Worth!
    Me and God.. nah, we don't get along.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hey guys! I hope that you all are having fun with the weekend event. I only opened two palettes because I'm okay with not getting all of the items. I'm not sure if I like the hair because I don't know if Neko can pull off blonde. I'm also not sure if I will finish the event because of the house parties. I'm so use to filling up only four stars and now I have to fill up all five, but I will try my hardest. I'm at 115 points right now so wish me luck.

Vfj5UFVh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    h9lqCQL.jpg
    Lala is a little late but ready for the Kimmies!
    Her show is nominated for best comedy. Nobody understands how someone who can strut down the catwalk in the highest heels can be so clumsy in her own home!
    Unforgettable is the moment were she was having a romantic candlelight dinner with her husband, leaned over the table to whisper something sweet and caught her hair on fire! Thankfully her husband was able to extinguish it with the water from the ice bucket. Needless to say, it wasn't her best look but in hindsight absolutely hilarious.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hello again. Everyone's dolls look red carpet fabulous! :) This is the look that Neko is wearing to the Kimmies. She can't get enough of the color gold. She also never worn this hairstyle before and decided to try it out.

EOGYOtEh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    I'm going to copy the Kimmie Awards Pics to the Fashion thread as well. A lot of people don't like the chatter of this thread, and want to just. drool over the pictures. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Rumplestillzchen, you rock. :)

Rumple_S.gif

Your episode Runaway Bride was awesome. Congratulations on your award winning show....To The Top. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Lii wrote: »
    h9lqCQL.jpg
    Lala is a little late but ready for the Kimmies!
    Her show is nominated for best comedy. Nobody understands how someone who can strut down the catwalk in the highest heels can be so clumsy in her own home!
    Unforgettable is the moment were she was having a romantic candlelight dinner with her husband, leaned over the table to whisper something sweet and caught her hair on fire! Thankfully her husband was able to extinguish it with the water from the ice bucket. Needless to say, it wasn't her best look but in hindsight absolutely hilarious.

This is great Lii. I love comedy. You're next up. But I have to grind a little first. ;)

Kimmie_Lii.gif

If you'd like a pic of you getting your award, please post one with the Valentines XO bkgnd? It's much faster than hand trimming
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    4FF0F953-4A10-43A5-A08F-30CDAD28A73A_zpswhw0ieau.jpg

Bringing the drama to the red carpet.... Lyanna is nominated for best drama reality tv moment when her four ex husbands confronted her on camera and she put each of them in their place once and for all.

Got $4000 in my free box and I've decided not to waste money chasing hair! Especially when we have it already in a different colour. Making my way through the earnables I don't care for the necklace or shoes but really like the dress! Hope you're all having a nice weekend event so far! Some really great looks here

Oh and here's the vday bg one! Thanks Koko doing a great job with these xxx

41F6E8CD-B8FD-47EA-940D-C6E6F07285D3_zps0iolp6fl.jpg
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Skylar and boy toy Sloane on the red carpet!

Tv6lVRP.jpg

Skylar's show, Sky, wasn't nominated for anything because it's mostly footage of her eating crisps and watching episodes of Judge Judy between modeling jobs.

However, Sloane's show, The Sloane Ranger, is up for best newcomer, because of his playboy antics and his incredible love of dogs, much like one Tom Hardy.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Pheew! I got the hair.
    QcwuQ1K.png?1

Vats, here are some words of encouragement: Post a picture so we can see the hair on you, you goofball. I won't know what I think about it on Vats until I see it on him!! But Vats owns all long hairstyles, so I really can't see him in any long hairstyle and looking anything less than stellar.
    I'm glad you like this weekend's items!

I thought it was pretty exciting when KUWTK won Choice TV Show: Reality at the Teen Choice Awards in July :)

I'm ready for the Kimmie Awards now too. I changed my hair recently to reflect the lob I have IRL.

09_16_forum_selfie.jpg

Yay, Kalinda! You are sweet for participating, what a lovely Glu moderator we have. The lob is so mod 60s chic. Love it.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Aw Max you're the sweetest! I'll post a pic in the fashion thread, go check;)

Wow everybody is looking great, I need to figure it out on which category Vats is nominated and put a look on him to the red carpet!!!

Anyone doing the storylines this weekend? I finished the first one and TBH I didn't paid attention to what was talked there lol. Hope I'll still get the extra points in the end lol

Koko, Britney is ready!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Okay here's how I did with my pallette:

RLPIGi2.png

Of course of the 4 GB items, the one I was not interested in was the dress, and of course I got that first! But then I got the hair after the Kash so I'm pleased. I do really want the bag, though, so I'm struggling with whether to chase. I don't have a lot of stars left!

And here's Everly's look for the Kimmie's. I don't have the Valentine's or Mermaid background, sorry!

gx8JdQA.jpg

She wanted to be elegant, but still fashion-y, for the red carpet.
    Her show, Where Everly, is nominated for editing, because the camera crews catch Everly making some priceless faces at the craziness around her and edit into key places in the show to hilarious effect!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    Lyanna, your show is not to be missed. And you look lovely accepting your Kimmie. Hey Dolls, if you have any acceptance speeches, feel free. No time limit here, and no 'wind it up' music either.

Kimmie_Lyanna.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'll work on these more tomorrow. If you don't have the bg, no worries. I got you. :) Hope you're enjoying this as much as I am reading the episode details. Gee, all these stories, I wonder if they'll be a special edition of the Mag. :) Tap Tap Tap. Everyone looks awesome. I think one game has energy. You know what that means. lol. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I'm fascinated with the ring for the guys!! Omg it sparkles, right?!?!

It doesn't! D:

Oh, I have to post a pic for the Kimmies, and also one for the fashion thread.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.