Options

Monday Morning Musings.....is there or isn't there? 10/4/16

Comments

• Options
    LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    That's weird. Does this mean you have all of the TB items? I always wondered if people who had all the TB items still got the event or not.

I believe I do, not all though, I am missing some but more recent ones so they might not be in the mix yet.
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • Options
    MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    I'm having the hardest time trying to style this hair. Maybe because I'm not such a fan. It's pretty, but it reminds me of wedding hair and casual looks just don't seem right.

Agreed. The look I submitted was definitely on the formal side. And I've been voting for formal looks way more than casual outfits because they go better with that hair. Also I've seen a lot of outfits that don't seem to fit the theme of fashion week, like Halloween costumes and stuff. I like them but I'm not sure if I want to vote for those.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I wish the runway background wasn't so dark. It kind of seems like looks that are mostly dark or black hair get a little lost in it. I think I'm going for color with my submissions. Anyone else notice this or is it just my poor vision?
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Think it's at all possible that one or two of the entries are game generated npc?

Hmm maybe that's why some of the submissions don't have the correct item? I could have sworn on the sunglasses event I accidentally put on the wrong ones and it wouldn't let me submit until I had them on.
    Miimoliin wrote: »
    Agreed. The look I submitted was definitely on the formal side. And I've been voting for formal looks way more than casual outfits because they go better with that hair. Also I've seen a lot of outfits that don't seem to fit the theme of fashion week, like Halloween costumes and stuff. I like them but I'm not sure if I want to vote for those.

Formal looks too overdone and casual looks too basic... Maybe I just don't have the right formal outfit to choose from. I'm really struggling here!!
    I wish the runway background wasn't so dark. It kind of seems like looks that are mostly dark or black hair get a little lost in it. I think I'm going for color with my submissions. Anyone else notice this or is it just my poor vision?

The black hair definitely blends in. On the other hand, it makes the outfit stand out more so if you don't like the hair you're not paying attention to that lol.
  • Options
    MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts

I noticed that too! My first submission was going to be a black dress but you could barely see it against the background :(
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    The nerve of them entering it too...

I'm having the hardest time trying to style this hair. Maybe because I'm not such a fan. It's pretty, but it reminds me of wedding hair and casual looks just don't seem right.

Yeah I hate the hair, it's freaking fug. I entered anyway because I'm a sucker for events :( #shame
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hmm maybe that's why some of the submissions don't have the correct item? I could have sworn on the sunglasses event I accidentally put on the wrong ones and it wouldn't let me submit until I had them on.

Formal looks too overdone and casual looks too basic... Maybe I just don't have the right formal outfit to choose from. I'm really struggling here!!

The black hair definitely blends in. On the other hand, it makes the outfit stand out more so if you don't like the hair you're not paying attention to that lol.

Because the hair is hard to style....I'll admit right here and now, I'm looking at how everything else if put together. It everything looks good, I imagine the doll just had her hair done for a black tie event tonight, and I'm voting on how she looks otherwise for a casual lunch with a friend or whatever the looks suggests.

I've seen enough bad outfit looks, that if everything looks great but the hair looks overdone, I'm voting for the look inspite of the hair. Is that wrong? Maybe it needs a few wisps or tendrils, but the naked forehead makes it hard to do any but the formal look and be 100% on point. Just my opinion. :)

OH, and totally agree about the darker hair getting lost on the dark runway.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I think the voting backdrop clashes too. The pink text behind the dolls helps a bit but black hair just blends in. Unless we have different backdrops??

I think my problem with the hair is it looks pinned and perfectly styled. If it were more of a messy curl on top then casual outfits would work a lot better. I think so far the outfits I've liked best are dressy casual and that's what I did with my first look and won, so I'm going to continue on that trend.
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Having a hard time spending 50 stars on these yellow shoes but I want the coat reward at the end. Lol
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Only you can decide Lants. But you're 1 1/2 rounds behind so not trying to rush you, but I would hate to see you at the end and run out of time. Tick tock Lants. We're here for you no matter what you decide......but tick tock.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Hi Lants! I had this problem as well until recently, turns out i had too many gigs pending to do. Ever since we have the reality show i've been ignoring normal gigs, i had a couple of weekend event ones too from VIPs and i guess dating too. I've started to do them again (maybe because we don't have the normal midweek events... please glu bring them back) and i got Maria calls back! I hope this helps :)

Thanks! i will try this!!
    And i decided to buy the shoes, Koko!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Having a hard time spending 50 stars on these yellow shoes but I want the coat reward at the end. Lol

I've felt the same way with the sunglasses and lace pants. It's hard to spend stars on something you don't really want but I think of it as I get a chance to get a few other things I don't have. So it's not just 50 stars on ugly shoes, it's 50 stars on hopefully some other great stuff.
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I've felt the same way with the sunglasses and lace pants. It's hard to spend stars on something you don't really want but I think of it as I get a chance to get a few other things I don't have. So it's not just 50 stars on ugly shoes, it's 50 stars on hopefully some other great stuff.

That's how I see it, soundspretty! I figure, for 30/35/50 gems I get an item (which I probably won't wear much again, but oh well) AND at two throwback boxes, and maybe even two more items, depending on how I do in the event. Plus I get the thrill of playing and in talking it about it on here with you all. :) Though 50 was a lot of stars this week-- I would love it if the buy-in wasn't as high, or was even kash.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I GOT MAH FANGS!

iY5vM5I.jpg
  • Options
    haftime wrote: »
    That's how I see it, soundspretty! I figure, for 30/35/50 gems I get an item (which I probably won't wear much again, but oh well) AND at two throwback boxes, and maybe even two more items, depending on how I do in the event. Plus I get the thrill of playing and in talking it about it on here with you all. :) Though 50 was a lot of stars this week-- I would love it if the buy-in wasn't as high, or was even kash.

I think the star buy-in was partially due to complaints about the quality of submissions when it was a free for all. I just hope it never goes above 50 stars. There are so many cheaper options currently in the wardrobe.

Congrats Minji! I saw a lot of Instagram users were getting the fangs this week, which doesn't really mean much since most of those games are hacked :p I'm glad it's actually a viable option for honest players!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Congrats Minji!
    I saw a lot of Instagram users were getting the fangs this week

tIDxhPw.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    Yes, let's not jinx it!!! *happy thoughts*
  • Options
    Time to bring in Kris J' Glitter ponies. She brought these out for the engagement of the other Kris to our Kimmie. It was a run through. But we did get a 6 hour tv special and these lovely glitter ponies.

Each little twinkle is a happy thought for Nai's Fangs.

ok, kill the glitter ponies. nono not kill them, I mean forget the GPs for now. They're off somewhere, but....I bring your the more rare and just as positive energy producing.........the KK:H Dancing Pickles
    Dancing_Pickles.gif

Each little step murmurs Nat's Fangs :) my fingers are crossed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Here are some of the looks that I voted on. Can someone tell me where all of these outfits are from?

wkPwmQUh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Here are some of the looks that I voted on. Can someone tell me where all of these outfits are from?

wkPwmQUh.jpg

I don't know about the first 3, but the fourth dress is a level 35 clothing item. I just leveled up to 35 yesterday nd immediately bought it because i liked it so much!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Dress Nr 3 is Level 50 I think.
    Android
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    1 and 2 are both former event items. The first one was buyable recently, too.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Dress Nr 3 is Level 50 I think.

Nah, it's like level 43. I have it, and I'm nowhere near level 50.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    ldavis1636, Rumpelstilzchen, haftime, and Megannita Thanks guys for all the info. I'm only at Lv. 31 so I won't be getting the last two anytime soon. I don't remember seeing the first dress for purchase. I wish I didn't miss it. Hopefully, it will one day turn up in the TB box along with the mermaid dress and Glamm lips that I want so much.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I was hoping for a sale again:(

Nothing from Kim's surprise too right?

And the million dollars question: Guess what I got in my first throwback box?

Brown boots lol

How many of those were released???:eek:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    soooooooo just saying... Karl L. has been making some pretty insensitive comments about what Kim had to go through recently so you guys better make sure to have all the things you want from his collection :D #PerezHiltonpart2 ?
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Options
    eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    Hey guys,

For those of you who missed Kim's surprise at So Chic in downtown LA, she will be there again later this week. Keep an eye out! Note that if you've seen her already, you won't be able to see her again for the surprise :)

Thanks,
    eggsandbananas
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Ok MAYBE I am just crazy, but I vividly remember having the jacket (3rd item on the bottom row).
    IMG_2866_zpsi5zz7pyz.jpeg

I even went rummaging through my wardrobe to see and it was NOT there. Does anyone know if whether it was an earnable or a gift box item?
    I'm like 99.9% certain I had it but now I'm starting to doubt myself.
    Maybe I'm just losing my mind lol.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »

lol Maria called and offered me 20 kstars if I bought them during the VIP event last weekend. I was really reluctant but it meant that I could basically get 50 points for only 30 kstars so now I'm glad I did. Can't believe my luck lol.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Thank you so much for the info eggsandbananas!! :D
    Hey guys,

For those of you who missed Kim's surprise at So Chic in downtown LA, she will be there again later this week. Keep an eye out! Note that if you've seen her already, you won't be able to see her again for the surprise :)

Thanks,
    eggsandbananas