Options

Weekend Event 10/14/16 - Who Knows what tomorrow will bring?

Comments

• Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Your Higness, how do you like the hair. How about a closeup of it on your doll? It will give me the push I need to dive into the GBs again. :)

(I've nicknamed NQueen331 Queenie or YourHighness. Both terms of endearment. )

I'm not sure how I feel about the hair because of the front part. There's pic of Neko and Kiki together in the fashion thread although it's hard to see because her hair is dark.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    This is horrible:
    N1D6KOD.png?1

All items were there and there was even a pattern of energy bolts at the last couple of boxes as in the previous set, the denim shirt... And I got points?! Really not a good day to Vats:(

Sorry I'm stressed because of Angel and her krew event *sigh*

Have to keep the positivity, next weekend ;) next weekend!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Here's a close up of the hair in blonde. I really like this hair.now. Must. Chase. Hair.

c3f2097c-3fae-406b-9368-f6bfb09ad83a_zpsyofihbmb.jpg~original
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    LOL, my husband calls it the "seashell" thing at the top. I think it's a braid? It's so weird-looking.

I think it's just a twist, not a braid. It looks more like a croissant than a seashell, imo. ;)
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Anna_mmAnna_mm Registered Users 7 Posts
    It bothers me that the front strand of hair (the one nearest the croissant) looks detached from the rest of the hair. Like there's something missing from it.
    I think it's just a twist, not a braid. It looks more like a croissant than a seashell, imo. ;)
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts

Ha!! ::snorts::

Oh boy, that's one hairstyle I'm never using.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I'm mid way to my second box & feeling slightly anxious about 2 boxes for the male avatars as it makes the event harder since unless we manage an item in one of the two of those we can't build momentum until reaching the pants and is that really, IDK, fair? I really like both parts of this suit tho so it will be a long weekend of no sleep I guess!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Andrzej that's a very good point!!!!! I hope GLU takes this into consideration if they are going to continue with 2 boxes/2 items for guys :confused:
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I'm mid way to my second box & feeling slightly anxious about 2 boxes for the male avatars as it makes the event harder since unless we manage an item in one of the two of those we can't build momentum until reaching the pants and is that really, IDK, fair? I really like both parts of this suit tho so it will be a long weekend of no sleep I guess!
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Ha!! ::snorts::

Oh boy, that's one hairstyle I'm never using.

I wish I could trade you something for it! I actually really like it. :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    I wish I could trade you something for it! I actually really like it. :)

I'd give it to you in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    I won the hair in my free box so it's helping with the event but I doubt I will ever use it. The front part looks like a cinnamon twist my local bakery sells.
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Thanks for the warm welcome back Koko!

Has anyone finished the storyline already? I just started on those and I need all the event points I can get.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Replying so late, but yesterday I was at work until 8PM grrrrr..

Kalinda, thanks for the spoilers and yes indeed I have the opportunity for the third comeback.. I'm going to grind today a lot!

Vatsy, babe, you can stalk me all you want lol I know its because you love me lol ❤️

And I like the skirt. I think its exotic and it will be fun styling it.. i already figured out some outfits, gonna post when I get it :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I am currently doing the second event gig but I didn't get a styling bonus. :( And then it turns out someone else is taking up the costar spot so I couldn't even call Kim to help. :( And I got 50 energy from the free box which wasn't really all that helpful. :(
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Li and Sappho without spoiling too much, after the second gig Dirk/Willow ask us to 'convince' them and by that means 7 k-stars!!! Of course I didn't and the outcome was bad.. I got just few extra points at the end, ugh!

Totally not worthy! If I knew that I would sticked just with the parties.
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »

I know right? I said something similar when they start to give us two boxes. I finally reached 300 points today but it was a long way since luck wasn't by my side this weekend with the boxes. Normally I would be really ahead by now:mad:

Sassy is love! Yeah Sassy I love you!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ItsLucienItsLucien Registered Users 19 Posts
    I got 30 event points in my first box so I bought a 2nd. Thankfully that got me the hair, which isn't too bad (I generally dislike short cuts on guys, I like hair I can pull my fingers through).

I'm underwhelmed by both outfits on the whole, tho. I wish they'd just make some bracelets or necklaces or earrings or SOMETHING to let us have just one box. How hard can it be to design some simple earring studs and some bracelets in different styles and colors? It's not like we have a ton to choose from already... And scarves, manbags, shoes... I can't help but feel disappointed every time there's 2 boxes :/
    Lucien ★ level 25 ★ male character, female player ★ iOS - add me on Facebook since GC is no more
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    So are the 2 earnable gift boxes for the guys a permanent thing? I think I'd rather just have 3 earnable clothing items and only 3 gift box items as opposed to 2 earnable items and 4 gift box items... but maybe that's just me?
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Thank you Vats for the heads up! I hate charming people, and 7 K-stars is a lot!
    I'll probably not bother with the gigs then and focus on parties. I'm home now and currently at 150 points so I'll have to grind to complete the event but I'm determined to finish it.
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Li and Sappho without spoiling too much, after the second gig Dirk/Willow ask us to 'convince' them and by that means 7 k-stars!!! Of course I didn't and the outcome was bad.. I got just few extra points at the end, ugh!

Totally not worthy! If I knew that I would sticked just with the parties.

Thanks Vats, I declined the kstars option as well, wasn't about to spend 7 just to convince that annoying little brat Willow. I may not bother at all with the third gig then and just focus on parties, if thats the consequence of failing to spend kstars.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    pearldiamondspearldiamonds Banned Users 30 Posts
    I like the hair. No, no, no... I mean, I LOVE the hair. It's so beautiful! I really appreciate all the beautiful hairstyles from the latest updates. Good job Glu! I live for hairstyles and shoes in this game lol
  • Options
    Should we wait for a update next week? Hmmm...
  • Options
    Should we wait for a update next week? Hmmm...

There are still 2 outfits we haven't seen yet, from the current update. I think we need to get those first, right? There's a pretty pink dress and a really cool orange dress and braided hairstyle.
  • Options
    There are still 2 outfits we haven't seen yet, from the current update. I think we need to get those first, right? There's a pretty pink dress and a really cool orange dress and braided hairstyle.

Yeah, but... Hum... I don't think so. Next weekend is Kim's birthday. And I'm hoping for something really special. Those items don't say "Kim's B-day" at all, especially the pretty pink dress, because it's an inspiration from Khloe. but let's see... Besides, on the next-next week, they must update K&K,and they never update both games in the same week/day.
  • Options
    Yeah, but... Hum... I don't think so. Next weekend is Kim's birthday. And I'm hoping for something really special. Those items don't say "Kim's B-day" at all, especially the pretty pink dress, because it's an inspiration from Khloe. but let's see...

Off topic: you know who shares a b-day with Kim? Carrie Fisher! (Princess Leia, of course.) I just had to share that. :)
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    just made it to my second box and with 448 points to go how exactly am I supposed to manage that in 29 hours when I struck out in both boxes? HOW? How is this fair to the male avatars? I did win 40 stars but any enthusiasm I could have at possibly grabbing anything is dashed with the bigger one of wasting them.

I.....IDK, I feel frustrated. If I really rally I can get to 400s maybe in 7 - 9 hours but this still feels wrong and is a huge disadvantage. I would care less if I didn't really like this suit but I do so I guess I just need to hope for luck.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

I'm on the second gig now. I refuse to spend 7 k-stars on this event. Maybe if it was better items...

I'm totally not grinding at all this weekend. I thought I would, because I figure if I don't get the earnables now I'll just get them in a TB box later but I'm feeling super lazy. Party weekends suck and I can never get the last item even when I do grind so I'm just gonna keep on and see what happens.
  • Options
    Can anyone PM me with spoilers concerning the second/third gigs? I'm willing to charm with 7 kstars if the payout is worth it. Has anyone tried this yet?
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    Update: I gave in and am going to charm. Will update anyone who wants to know on the outcome!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    Update: I gave in and am going to charm. Will update anyone who wants to know on the outcome!

I would love to know the outcome Katie!
  • Options
    Yes, I'd love to know too!

By the way, this was my free box:

IMG_0225.jpeg

*cry*
    Weird Al is life. <3