Weekend Event 10/14/16 - Who Knows what tomorrow will bring?

123457Next

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Seems a lot of people got energy this time :( I think I had three of those boxes in my palette so it was almost a given I'd pick it :(
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I had to go through a lot of boxes, got event points, and a couple of energy along with GB items, but knock wood I didn't get the cash this weekend. Phew.

I refused to spend 7 stars, and the 'bonus' final payout was a lot less than previous events. Maybe that is the new normal. I could try and do the math, I took a couple of screenshots, before and after the payout, and I know the last gig itself gave me 25Stars with a bonus of 16, so....41 points, and then I left the building, got Simons call and I think I got about 30 extra? I could be wrong, let me check screenshots, but I'd love to know what the payout was when you do pay the stars. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I had to go through a lot of boxes, got event points, and a couple of energy along with GB items, but knock wood I didn't get the cash this weekend. Phew.

I refused to spend 7 stars, and the 'bonus' final payout was a lot less than previous events. Maybe that is the new normal. I could try and do the math, I took a couple of screenshots, before and after the payout, and I know the last gig itself gave me 25Stars with a bonus of 16, so....41 points, and then I left the building, got Simons call and I think I got about 30 extra? I could be wrong, let me check screenshots, but I'd love to know what the payout was when you do pay the stars. :)

I believe I got around 90 in total (payout + bonus + Simon bonus). I knew I was gambling with those 7kstars, but in previous events where you pay to charm someone during a gig, you get AT LEAST one k-star at the end, if not the amount you paid (usually 2 or 3) this unfortunitely was not the case this time. And there is no bonus k-star at the end.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    0xJMzv5.png?1

I can't recall the last time I finished an event on Sunday. This event was so difficult and I'm at the professional level lol, can't imagine how the newbies are handling it!

Please no more double boxes!

This wasn't worse cause I like the earnables, otherwise would feel like a trip to hell:eek:

Take easy Glu!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I believe I got around 90 in total (payout + bonus + Simon bonus). I knew I was gambling with those 7kstars, but in previous events where you pay to charm someone during a gig, you get AT LEAST one k-star at the end, if not the amount you paid (usually 2 or 3) this unfortunitely was not the case this time. And there is no bonus k-star at the end.

My two games, one chose to warn Dirk and interact with him as nice as possible, the other chose not to warn Willow and not being nice. They both didn't pay 7 KStars and both only got 20 event bonus points in the very end.
    I'm glad I didn't pay KStars, 30 extra points (getting 50 points in the end instead of 20) payout is not worth it, unless you can't finish the event and you need that extra points.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

I believe 90 was the payout when I charmed last weekend. And I only did it because it was one k-star but seven seemed pretty steep. I'm sorry you didn't get any back :(
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Since there's no way I'm going to finish the event or even get close to the third item - I have only 215 event points even after finishing the gig - I figured I might as well do that final event gig and see what happens. It was... kind of annoying. Willow lying about me, trying to vilify me, and Ray Powers just unquestioningly going along with it... shouldn't Willow have a reputation as a troublemaker by now? I feel like we basically got a bad ending just for not spending kstars. :/
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_of5li3X5Tt1qfvh9po1_1280.jpg

tumblr_of5li3X5Tt1qfvh9po2_500.jpg

Despite nearly staying up all night and buying two extra boxes & getting nothing with my stars I concede defeat. This double box thing for the guys is bogus IMO and I am simply unwilling to spend in the way I need to complete it. No more of this KKH, no more.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    Since there's no way I'm going to finish the event or even get close to the third item - I have only 215 event points even after finishing the gig - I figured I might as well do that final event gig and see what happens. It was... kind of annoying. Willow lying about me, trying to vilify me, and Ray Powers just unquestioningly going along with it... shouldn't Willow have a reputation as a troublemaker by now? I feel like we basically got a bad ending just for not spending kstars. :/

I absolutely agree Sappho. That ending was weak. How many quests where there were my doll exposed Willow for the lying/cheating person she is? And my doll has a completely clean record when it comes to telling the truth. There have also been several storylines where it was established that my doll is much more professional than Willow. And still, Ray just believes Willow?
    Very believable Glu, very believable....

Oh well, still managed to finish the event. I can't remember the last time I've had such a close call.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Finished the event with only a couple minutes to spare! It's been such a busy weekend, I didn't even get to play for most of the day yesterday (apart from a quick party in the morning and before I went to bed). Surprised I got to finish at all!

Can't wait to see what the mid-week and next weekend bring!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I put my looks in the Style thread, but I saw people talking about the hair. I wasn't that big into it cause I feel it was close to the one that I had gotten a few wks before so of course I got it

j8ch1c.jpg

it is kinda strange, but it grows on you a bit.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    You look great Kayla! Love the whole outfit, and I really like the hair. Very worth chasing. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Okay so I know this is late but it's been a busy weekend! I was very proud of myself that I only opened my free box and not two others like I usually do!

Qye1JEH.png

And I got the hair! Like Kayla, I thought it was very close to the other recent hair that I also won, with the braid on top and cascading waves (it's very pretty). One difference I like is that this one has a strand in front, and the other all falls behind-- but both look pretty on my doll (though Everly does usually like to go more rock 'n' roll than pretty, sometimes long and wavy is just what one needs!)

If I had picked my usual second box, I would have won the GB top, so that's kind of a bummer, especially because I barely finished the event (less than 15 minutes to go!), and that would have made it easier. Oh well! I'm still proud of my willpower. I really need to save up my kstars!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    I absolutely agree Sappho. That ending was weak. How many quests where there were my doll exposed Willow for the lying/cheating person she is? And my doll has a completely clean record when it comes to telling the truth. There have also been several storylines where it was established that my doll is much more professional than Willow. And still, Ray just believes Willow?
    Very believable Glu, very believable....

Oh well, still managed to finish the event. I can't remember the last time I've had such a close call.
    Well, at least I didn't lose any fans over it, like I was afraid was gonna happen. I got a 1,5 million gain from the gig so I guess the public at least saw through Willow. :rolleyes:
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    If I had picked my usual second box, I would have won the GB top, so that's kind of a bummer, especially because I barely finished the event (less than 15 minutes to go!), and that would have made it easier. Oh well! I'm still proud of my willpower. I really need to save up my kstars!

I got the hair as well and I really like it! You mentioned the top would have made it easier to finish... do the GB tops offer a bigger bonus than the hair?
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
    Miimoliin wrote: »
    I got the hair as well and I really like it! You mentioned the top would have made it easier to finish... do the GB tops offer a bigger bonus than the hair?

She means if she had gotten both items, she would have gotten a bigger bonus after each party/weekend gig. I don't think one offers more than the other, but I could be wrong!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    She means if she had gotten both items, she would have gotten a bigger bonus after each party/weekend gig. I don't think one offers more than the other, but I could be wrong!

Ohhh yeah that makes sense, haha. I must have misunderstood. Thank you :)
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Miimoliin wrote: »
    Ohhh yeah that makes sense, haha. I must have misunderstood. Thank you :)

Sorry about the confusion! Yeah, I meant that I could have had the bonus from two items instead of just one. Also, I would have had another item! Oh well, I have the 40 stars now, which I'm sure I'll put to good use ;)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.