NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    No idea who Weird Al is

CXxZOTl.gif

Maybe I should come back later
    PM to add
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    That's awesome!!!

Thanks! I put it the Halloween fashion thread if you haven't seen it along with a Willow costume. I totally went on a photoshopping craze for Halloween although I'm nowhere as good as some of the KKH players on Instagram.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    No idea who Weird Al is

CXxZOTl.gif

Maybe I should come back later

He's an artist that does parodies of other artists songs. He's actually the one that started the song parody thing.
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Thanks! I put it the Halloween fashion thread if you haven't seen it along with a Willow costume. I totally went on a photoshopping craze for Halloween although I'm nowhere as good as some of the KKH players on Instagram.

I love that you put Willow in a paper bag! :D
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    I love that you put Willow in a paper bag! :D

Thanks, but I didn't put her in the bag. Paper bag Willow is an actual VIP you can buy in the game to take pictures with.
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
  • Options
    Thanks, but I didn't put her in the bag. Paper bag Willow is an actual VIP you can buy in the game to take pictures with.

No way!!!!!! I had no idea. Thank you for letting me know.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    He's an artist that does parodies of other artists songs. He's actually the one that started the song parody thing.

Got it! Thanks for explaining :)

nDvSPrM.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Do we have a spoiler yet? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Yay to all those still in costume. I just had to change. But it's nice some players are still dressed

From 4:00 am to 12:00 pm my doll was an entire black cat. From 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm she was Marie Antoinette--when I earned the dress I have to say I was pretty floored when I put it on--it was just an amazing piece of work by someone at Glu, and I really love period pieces. From 7:00 pm till 12:30 pm when I went to sleep, she was Dorothy--I was amazingly lucky I won Toto in my free box! I was so, so happy because I opened my usual 4 to 6 boxes, depending on what gb items are offered (also I open them when I'm not particularly caring for what's in them for the bonus points, of course) and this time I stopped at 4--I wasn't going to chase Toto, I just knew there was no way I would be lucky enough to get him. So I was happy with the hair and dress--I didn't like the ruby slippers (except for the sparkles) and socks--and I'd gotten two $4,000 kash, so I was happy enough (still saving to buy two more houses and whatever kash furniture to buy during my 2nd comeback [which will naturally take those 8 months of beforehand off-putting as before!]). So I just used those red Mary-Janes from the wardrobe I'd once bought by accident. Only half asleep, by 2:30 I got out of bed again and immediately put on jeans and a pink sweatshirt with the fake Chucks--I'd had enough of costumes!!!

Eagerly awaiting 5:00 am now, to see what our two-day midweek has to offer!
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    He also has a ton of original (comedy) music that is well worth checking out.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    For some reason, I am completely in love with the mile-high Marie Antoinette hair. I think I am going to wear it thru Christmas.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Stick a Sprig of Mistletoe up there in it. :) You can be the Kissing Doll at the Holiday Bazaar on Black Friday. :) We'll make a little booth and everything. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    KKH_Screenshot_1478036864984_zpsa626hmpc.jpg

"You're doing a great job hiding from the Paparazzi, dommelfei! Thanks for inviting me! Eeeee......... how is the reception here?? I have a mid-week event coming up on my game..!
    Android
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Spoilers ~❣~ Spoilers ~❣~ Spoilers ~❣~Spoilers ~❣~ Spoilers ~❣~ Spoilers ~❣~
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Options
    Syndra x wrote: Β»
    Spoilers ~❣~ Spoilers ~❣~ Spoilers ~❣~Spoilers ~❣~ Spoilers ~❣~ Spoilers ~❣~

Please. Pretty please?
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    tumblr_mjo9d96qL31rhc3cao1_500.gif

...but please give us spoilers now! :(
  • Options
    Stick a Sprig of Mistletoe up there in it. :) You can be the Kissing Doll at the Holiday Bazaar on Black Friday. :) We'll make a little booth and everything. :)

Hahaha mistletoe or candy canes. Heck, I could put ornaments on that 'do. I understand that some women did that in England in the mid 1800's or so. Or I could just do what happens to me in real life - at some point over the holiday I end up with chocolate pecan pie in my hair.
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Instead of focusing on reality shows (which I know finish these 5-star/throwback events faster), I'm going to be grinding a lot harder! I need to do gigs that actually get me fans, because...

28o590.jpg

I AM FINALLY ON MY FINAL COMEBACK!

1076olf.jpg
    β™‘ iOS (level 64 A+++) β™‘
    β™”Β Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhΒ β™”
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I have a "team building event" tomorrow for work. Hopefully it ends early enough so I can get to grinding.
  • Options
    Instead of focusing on reality shows (which I know finish these 5-star/throwback events faster), I'm going to be grinding a lot harder! I need to do gigs that actually get me fans, because...

28o590.jpg

I AM FINALLY ON MY FINAL COMEBACK!

1076olf.jpg

Party weekends are great for comebacks. Do we still get the same amount of fans for parties that we do on our own? I just can't remember. I do know that parties were how I finished three. Congrats on taking the plunge!
  • Options
    I have to be honest, when Kalinda told us there was a 5 Star Professional Throwback Event, that WAS the spoiler. 7 hours till event time dolls. How will YOU spend that time? Me, Hydrate and then slumberize.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I have to be honest, when Kalinda told us there was a 5 Star Professional Throwback Event, that WAS the spoiler. 7 hours till event time dolls. How will YOU spend that time? Me, Hydrate and then slumberize.

Thank you for the update kokokokonut :) Let's see what wonderful surprise is in store for us. :o❣❣❣
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts

I know... but the name "throwback event" is very misleading/confusing. They seem to call the events where we get two black giftboxes, one gold giftbox, and one throwback box a "throwback event"... but in reality it isn't that at all. A name such as "giftbox event" would be much more fitting. Calling an event where we once had four throwback boxes a "throwback," one where we had three a "throwback," one where we had two a "throwback," and now one that we get one a "throwback" is just too confusing. In my eyes, there would need to be at least three throwback boxes (i.e. more than half) for it to be called a "throwback event."

Basically: Glu uses the term "throwback event" to refer to many different things. The latest Show Your Style Events have contained more throwback boxes than the actual throwback event itself. So, we never know what we are going to get.
    β™‘ iOS (level 64 A+++) β™‘
    β™”Β Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhΒ β™”
  • Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Awesome news! So glad I checked before bed. Setting my alarm now :)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Options
    Glu has different ways of 'distributing ThrowBack Items'. (their words) So, anything that involves old cherished event items, is called a TB event. Our GluGoddess is very wise, and I've learned that she doesn't make mistakes when dispensing fairy dust and spoilers. If she didn't post a picture spoiler, that's all the info we get. one minute and we all know. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    It's a Sale!

And Parties again, ugh.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    I use my ipad, but I don't get a sale or midweek TB event. What should I do?
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    The event just unlocked in my game and it's.... another party event? Didn't we just have one? I thought it was to be a professional event?
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Hi. at first the event didn't open in my iPad, so I shut down, reopened the game and it popped up. try that. ANd.....you need all 5 Stars at the party to get the payout, so...I guess it's parties. It's ok, I had Marguerita mix left over from the party that ended on Monday. Some guests never even left. lol.

Ok, first boxes? Cash out of no items in the pallet, Cash with one item in the pallet, and 30 Energy from another game with one item in the pallet. Wait, one game had no items in the pallet, and that hurts, because there are a few bracelets and Sunnies I could definitely use from the lowest case GBs. ;( Well, I'll scrounge for more energy for the one that got 30 and I'm going back to bed. See you when the sun has risen. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I doubt I will make it to the throwback box :( I always struggle with party events, we don't get extra help from bonus items with throwbacks, and I have a busy week! However, I'm off to a good start - I got 25 kstars in my first box, and levelled up a party pro achievement. Happy with that. Am now tapping pets so I can do one more party before work and then I'll take it from there - would love to know how many points we need to complete.