The one (item) that got away

daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
With all these throwback events lately, we've gotten quite a peek into former events and all the event items that somehow slipped through our fingers. So I was wondering, if you guys could choose just one item from a former event that you could have, which one would you choose? A hairdo, a dress, facial features or shoes?

For me, it's definitely this hairdo from a few weeks back (mid September, iirc):

Qz4LVVx.png

I LOVE platinum hair, because I find the regular blonde hair too yellow. This platinum hairstyle is everything. It almost glows. Even the non-dyed roots look good. I chased it for like 12 boxes and ended up spending waaay too many K-stars :( I still hope it turns up in a TB box someday, but I have yet to see it in a palette.

So, what's your "the one that got away" item?
hackers can burn in hell

Comments

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    the big red ballgown! I missed it when it came out, and I have seen it fleetingly in my throwback palettes. One day I will get it...
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Those tapered trousers from a Kendall(?) event. Every time I see them on a doll I sigh with envy.
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Last weekend event white and gold shoes :(
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    With all these throwback events lately, we've gotten quite a peek into former events and all the event items that somehow slipped through our fingers. So I was wondering, if you guys could choose just one item from a former event that you could have, which one would you choose? A hairdo, a dress, facial features or shoes?

For me, it's definitely this hairdo from a few weeks back (mid September, iirc):

Qz4LVVx.png

I LOVE platinum hair, because I find the regular blonde hair too yellow. This platinum hairstyle is everything. It almost glows. Even the non-dyed roots look good. I chased it for like 12 boxes and ended up spending waaay too many K-stars :( I still hope it turns up in a TB box someday, but I have yet to see it in a palette.

So, what's your "the one that got away" item?
    From this event I really wanted the hair too and the dress so I spent a lot of k stars but I only got the purse :(
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I'm still really upset about missing out on this hair..

2015_10_02_mb.png

And I spend sooo many K-stars chasing but not getting this dress... sigh... one day...

2016_04_29_mb.png
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    OMG this hair :( I almost cried that day not getting it ... oh wait, I think I did cry :eek: I think I might cry now just thinking about it again :rolleyes: LOL

June3_2016_Female.jpg
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I think for me my one (item) that got away is more about timing than the particular item itself (which may be true of men that got away from me, too!).

It was pretty early when I started playing, but I was just starting to really get the hang of it and enjoy collecting items. It was the hair with the brown beret, I think from March or April of this year. I just loved it!

Now I realize Everly probably wouldn't wear it much because she skews more rock 'n' roll than classic, but out of nostalgia for my early days in the game I would still really like to have it.

So even though having looked through our encyclopedia there are items I would want more (especially from before I started playing), when I saw the opening post of this thread, the beret hair was the first one that popped into my mind, so that's got to be my answer. :)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Great thread daffodil!

My wish list is not that long, but I lust all those items with the same intensity. However if I have to highlight one is definitely the fabulous ponytail:
    kwWxHYt.png

I can't wait to have it, wishing so hard to it appear at a new wardrobe throwback sale as soon as possible!:D
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Had to grab some snaps from dashjennergammer to complete this LOL

weekend%20event%20-%20march%2011th%202016_zpsnrbzmwvc.jpg

This hairstyle is my #1 upset. it looks so much like my own actual hair (when I want to do something with it) and it always bugs me a bit when natural hair like this is put in the boxes instead of in the shop or earnable in a non VIP event. I was SO willing to work for it :/ This event - from march -caught me between paydays so I couldn't spend the stars to chase it. ALAS

weekend%20event%20-%20birthday%20weekend%202016_zpso3lcnkj4.jpg

This shirt was from the weekend event that took place during my own birthday weekend and I really wanted it but, again, was between paydays.

weekend%20event%20-%20july%20first%202016_zpsubvcuhyl.jpg

And I really like all 4 of these, from July, but the hair and the sweater the most.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    All I want are those beautiful pair of Glamm lips. Maybe if Glu allowed us to change the lipstick color on the Nars lips then I wouldn't be wanting them so much. I pray that we get new facial features as a Christmas gift from Glu this year. Fingers crossed.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I told myself I'd open two throwback boxes today. The first one, a purse. I have mostly accessories left to receive so I expected it. But the second box contained the red ball gown!!! I'm so excited! My doll will be wearing it for the next week, if not all the way through the holidays.
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I told myself I'd open two throwback boxes today. The first one, a purse. I have mostly accessories left to receive so I expected it. But the second box contained the red ball gown!!! I'm so excited! My doll will be wearing it for the next week, if not all the way through the holidays.
    Yay, congrats, Julesmo! That one is gorgeous!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I'm still really upset about missing out on this hair..

2015_10_02_mb.png

And I spend sooo many K-stars chasing but not getting this dress... sigh... one day...

2016_04_29_mb.png

Yessssss I finally got the hairstyle in a Throwback box!!! Soooo happy!!

IMG_4452.jpg
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Congrats, Linda!
    hackers can burn in hell
  • SeppoSeppo Registered Users 8 Posts
    Wow, lucky! Congrats Linda!

I really wanted the hairstyle from last weekend, but I was overwhelmed by the amount of event points you need in this game. :(
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I had to change devices after one got destroyed, and it wiped out months of progress. I'm still mourning the loss of the pink and blue mermaid hair and Kim's black/white/gold anniversary dress.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    this dress

9ft954.jpg

this hair

swg6cw.jpg

2015-08-14%20mb_zpsipyzgarr.png

sigh, that dress

ok, more than one but these are my coveted with several on the backup list as well
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My new game got accidentally deleted from my device due to my internal storage space. My game took me back to my old saved data (meaning my old saved game). I've lost some exclusive clothing and my progress too. (Sigh)

So, now lately I've been saddened and feel so unmotivated to play. I'm just gonna wait for glu to possibly bring back the store's throwback sale. That'll cheer me up by my somber mood.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I made a whole list of items, Kayla! Got a lot of those items, except the hairstyles...

IMG_4585.jpg

Oh no, thinkthistle and Carol, I'm so sorry to hear about that!

IMG_4460.png
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Compared to some of you I have very little event items. I don't chase GB items - ever. I also really struggled with finishing events in the beginning because I had no pets so a lot of early event items I don't have. So I pretty much want anything and everything, especially hairstyles.

I also really want a pair of silver heels. I'm not the biggest fan of the ones you can buy in the wardrobe. The ones from the recent New Year's event were great but I didn't get them. So other than a hairstyle I would love a silver heel to show up in a TB box one day.
  • ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    Not so much "got away" as I wasn't playing then but I would love to find this hair in a TB box one day

hair.png
    ****I play on ios****