Weekend Event 11/24/2016 - 3rd Annual Black Friday Extravaganza!

Comments

• Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    I have doubts about the earnable dress, is like they tried to recreate a Chilean costume using red, white and blue, the colors of our flag lol Maybe I have to see it in my doll, probably won't wear it al all but at least is from my country, I feel sorry for all the people who are going to get it and don't like it lol
    Here are some pictures:
    This is the elegant version of our costume "Huasa elegante" is normally used in black
    86de4959fa83db14d38c7bea339f87c0.jpg
    But of course there's dresses with the colors too, like the earnable
    arriendo_ropa_de_huaso_y_huasa_elegante_o_ropon.jpg
    And there's the more common, colorful and full of flowers version
    f5db885e461510d96d2bb394b5b0ca9e.jpg
    578bc410c1fd4fea923caaf8976e1161.jpg
    Haven't worn one of these since high school lol we had the option to wear them on our independence day for extra points! It was really cool to see all other girls wearing the different colorful and huge dresses.
    Sorry for all the info, and the trip to memory lane lol here's a final drawing :D
    cueca_by_abeille_brillant_d4946jc.png
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    thanks so much for sharing Camila :D that second image with the blue jacket and red skirt would have been amazing!!!!!!
    Also I love all the giftbox items as usual, unfortunately those are still going to be 40 kstars :D so I don't know if I'm going to chase. I really want those shoes but my wishlist is massive :/
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Thank you, Camila, that is so interesting! I love all of those dresses. Thank you for sharing things about your country!
    SugarK wrote: »
    thanks so much for sharing Camila :D that second image with the blue jacket and red skirt would have been amazing!!!!!!

I know! Lol It's just too much things, details and color just for one dress. It should have been two separate pieces but oh well... :)
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Thanks for the Info Camila! I love seeing all the different traditional clothing around the world.
    I can definitely see the inspiration in the earnable dress, but it kind of looks like someone had good intentions and then just did too much with too many different ideas. The individual parts don't really go together and it's all just a bit too much. For some reason I have to think off a headless chicken when I see it.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Thank you, Camila, that is so interesting! I love all of those dresses. Thank you for sharing things about your country!

Aww thanks! I just wanted everyone to know what that weird dress resembles lol a lot of people must be really upset or confused.
    Just saying "It's ok guys, you can hate the dress just like any other, I'm from Chile and I don't really like it too"

I must sound really ungrateful, like I said in another thread, I really love that they included so much of my culture even if I don't particularly like this dress, thank you glu!
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    Lii wrote: »
    Thanks for the Info Camila! I love seeing all the different traditional clothing around the world.
    I can definitely see the inspiration in the earnable dress, but it kind of looks like someone had good intentions and then just did too much with too many different ideas. The individual parts don't really go together and it's all just a bit too much. For some reason I have to think off a headless chicken when I see it.

OMG you really made me laugh! I can't unsee it now :D
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Camila, thank you for sharing! Like you, I really like that they are taking inspiration from Chile for the fashion. Seeing the examples you provided, I can imagine what they were going for!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    dqkqqo.jpg
    ...on Black Friday this year.
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Camila, thank you so much for sharing. I have to be honest I much prefer the shorter full versions. I can't wait to see the outfit on my doll though. Hey, we have a red and white dress that looks very nuch the one you posted. I thinkiknow tomorrow's dress for they'll that had it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    haftime wrote: »
    Camila, thank you for sharing! Like you, I really like that they are taking inspiration from Chile for the fashion. Seeing the examples you provided, I can imagine what they were going for!

It was fun to share a little of my country! I hope we get to see and learn of more awesome places in the game so maybe people in the forum can share too! :)
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    Camila, thank you so much for sharing. I have to be honest I much prefer the shorter full versions. I can't wait to see the outfit on my doll though. Hey, we have a red and white dress that looks very nuch the one you posted. I thinkiknow tomorrow's dress for they'll that had it.

I prefer that version as well! :O which dress?! Is it the one from valentine's day?
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    Does this start in the morning, or Friday morning? Or do we know?
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Oh look. It's mom hair again.
    6 1/4 hours from the time of this post.....I'll be spending those stars and buying those stars.........;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    So now that the event has started, I'm trying to figure out what to spend my stars on. Should I just buy clothes and stuff since everything is half off or should I invest in other things like pets, or what about stuff like the Reykjavik club, is that worth it? So many choices.:confused:
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Thanks for sharing Camilla! I'm less mad about it now that I know it's a cultural costume, haha.
    Okay so...my first box was decent. Despite the disgustingly ugly jumpsuit, I managed to score the shoes and necklace.
    5b8isp.jpg

Second time around...not so much. Look at all that money... and white box items, of course (what else?)
    Why do I keep doing this to myself?
    102we48.jpg
    Sappho wrote: »
    So now that the event has started, I'm trying to figure out what to spend my stars on. Should I just buy clothes and stuff since everything is half off or should I invest in other things like pets, or what about stuff like the Reykjavik club, is that worth it? So many choices.:confused:

I'm in the same boat with my new game! Although, there I'm trying to decide wether to buy the jet or wait. The jet is not discounted but then again the jet is the most useful item in the game.

Generally I think the Reykjavik club is worth it but what level are you on? It might not be that useful yet if you don't have that much energy since it will be hard to complete... from all the KStars generating places in game I think SoChic London is the best.
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Nothing's more depressing than this game. So sooo disappointing. :( Got lotsa energy bolts and ka$h from gift boxes because why fricking not? I wasted 120kstars for this rip-off boxes. It's really a Black Friday to remember.

I hope others could get something good from their GBs tho~
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
    Dolls, I am holding off on any non discounted items. Ok, maybe a baby outfit, but I'm getting 1000Stars worth of things, for 500 stars. lol.

I came in this morning, 20 after 5, no one was here. it was like a ghost town.

Happy Thanksgiving
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    My boxes did not start out that well, 1st Kash, 2nd Kash but than in the 3rd was HAIR!!

IMG_1812.jpg

Second pallet was AWESOME!!!

IMG_1813.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    LindaVB so lucky :(

I'm going to go and earn some kstars and then try again...
    6S5tFg6.jpg

I got the dress in my free box. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating!

I'm also only buying discounted items from the wardrobe in this game. In my other game I'm still torn. I think I'll get the jet and then a couple of clothes.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

What's the first thing you bought?
    Now that the event is here I am not sure what to buy anymore lol. I wanted to furnish the fashion house with the next VIP.
    But it's time for all the clothes we've always desired! First I bought a hat for 12 k's. I don't feel ready to open a box yet.
    Android
    I bought the gym (none of the equipment yet, sooo expensive!), some belated Halloween items (Elvira hair, the skull dress, the catwoman mask and skeleton shoes), and a few of the newly added Chilian items. Next I opened boxes, got the hair and the dress and finished the event!!

And I bought the Llampaca! He is so cute and he prances when you tap him!!

Now time to stack up on K-stars!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    My first event after a really long time... I think the last time was in february then I left for Senegal for a while and after that my game stopped working :( Now I have a new phone and got my game back, yayyy!

My free box wes energy but I decided to open another and got those lovely shoes. I really want the hair tho (and the dress would be nice as well) but I don't know if I should spend my stars on boxes or on clothes since the discount is really interesting ♥

15226341_10211457569777496_1298737797_n.png?oh=33664f4e7cc8f1029a8f74ab17259408&oe=58396465

Happy Thanksgiving! I was up bright and early knocking out my kstar wish list. I had tons of unpurchased items in my closet so my wish list was loooooong. But with the sale I got everything I wanted. Yay! I don't have any daily box clothes left to earn so my gift boxes had mostly Kash, kstars and event items. I was able to get all the event items, even the choker, which I wasn't crazy about. Now to pack the car with my pies and drive to see family in Alabama for turkey dinner! For anyone on the roads or otherwise traveling today, be safe!