Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I am ashamed to say that I got totally hooked and completed the event. It cost me 275 kstars in total (although I only had a net loss of 25 stars for the entire Elite level, which does make me think that, for whatever reason, competition is less by that point). I should note that I was not playing with stars I had purchased (I got over 400 completing a special offer during the last doubled stars weekend), and would certainly not have felt the same about continuing to enter if my hard-earned real cash had been on the line! I also got the burgundy sweater dress Nai won for the streak bonus prize, but neither of the other streak prizes.

Overall, and having entered so, so many rounds, I am very suspicious about how voting is calculated for is event (if at all) - I sometimes had results popping up before the voting for a particular round had even finished! I also think the pricing structure is absolutely extortionate, and totally unfair. I agree with others who have suggested above that if this model of event is to stay, having a charge to enter each level (Novice, Pro, Elite), rather than multiple repeated entry charges within each level, would be far fairer.

While I have participated fully this time, I've depleted my stash of kstars enough that I want to start saving and building it back up, and so it is highly unlikely that I would even attempt to complete an event like this again for a very long time - and there's basically no chance that I would do so while it remains so unfair in any case! I am sure there are other players like me, who have gone HAM once due to the novelty value etc., but won't again - and I hope Glu is aware of this. I do not believe a pay-to-play event with multiple high participation thresholds would work in KKH in the long run, even if it was perfectly and fairly executed - as others have said, as a model it just seems to rewards hackers and cheaters, while penalising everyone else - but I suppose we will all just have to wait and see what happens next!
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Really don't know why I tried it again. How stupid of me!
    This was my competition :
    The doll on the right was the big winner.
    Surprised that I compete in this Novice 3 category against Elite 5? Needless to say my doll got 8th place.
    Screenshot_2017-01-08-14-40-39_zpspmnuepu0.png
    Here's my loser look:
    Screenshot_2017-01-08-15-07-00_zpsknc58ybz.jpg
    This was the last time I "pay to play".
    Including any upcoming SYS event. That's it!
    Android
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    I've been traveling so I haven't been able to post, but I did want to say thanks to Glu for giving us 1 star per gig this weekend in response to the criticism of the new event. I know some spent 100s of stars which will be near impossible to earn back over the weekend, but it does help those of us who used 10-20 stars on the event just to try it out.

If who wore it best is brought back I think it will take much more than 1 star per gig for me to take part in the event. It seems that there are too many questions to be answered (e.g. how is the winner really chosen?) and flaws to be worked out before I will be willing to spend the entry fees each time.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I smelled something fishy though, those two guys were wearing the prize (pants) we're competing to get at the tier...
    Surprised that I compete in this Novice 3 category against Elite 5?

You can enter the tournaments again after winning to try your luck with the k-star prize. I know it's risky but there's a chance you'd win!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I wanted to ask about the weekend storyline. I chose to launch my own emojis and now there's an event at 10AX. Is that the end or there's more to it?
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I went into oak last might, and rather than just back out, I tapped the come back later for it, and left the venue. Came back this morning and had finished the event I never started with no stars. So I lost a lot of fans, and ruined my progress in the achievement for appearances. I was close to 150 5 star appearances.....back to zero niw. And in the first gig, if we were supposed to make a chouce...what was it fir?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • colormylifecolormylife Registered Users 6 Posts
    After seeing that other players here were getting luckier, I decided to try a few more rounds. I COMPLETELY regret it. I tried putting together beautiful looks, then I tried putting together very basic looks, but nothing worked. I've now lost about 60 or 70 K stars on this event (I stopped counting). And all I have to show for it are the boots and the backpack. The whole thing just gives me such a bad feeling. I understand why people are assuming Glu didn't have honest intentions with this event.

And xXLucyXx, I love your Miss J. Alexander reaction! Too real.

Anyway, I'll share what happened for me in the storyline.....at least it's a distraction from the event. When Simon called (after the 2nd gig, I think?), I chose to take legal action, then in the 3rd gig I could negotiate. There was an option to settle with the company for nothing or ask for money. If you ask for money, you have the option to settle for $500 or push for more. I accepted the $500, but I think someone posted here that they pushed for more and accepted $1000? Curious to see what other outcomes there were.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    After seeing that other players here were getting luckier, I decided to try a few more rounds. I COMPLETELY regret it. I tried putting together beautiful looks, then I tried putting together very basic looks, but nothing worked. I've now lost about 60 or 70 K stars on this event (I stopped counting). And all I have to show for it are the boots and the backpack. The whole thing just gives me such a bad feeling. I understand why people are assuming Glu didn't have honest intentions with this event.

And xXLucyXx, I love your Miss J. Alexander reaction! Too real.

Anyway, I'll share what happened for me in the storyline.....at least it's a distraction from the event. When Simon called (after the 2nd gig, I think?), I chose to take legal action, then in the 3rd gig I could negotiate. There was an option to settle with the company for nothing or ask for money. If you ask for money, you have the option to settle for $500 or push for more. I accepted the $500, but I think someone posted here that they pushed for more and accepted $1000? Curious to see what other outcomes there were.

I chose to make my own emoji line, trying to take a page from Kim's book and her emoji, but I think it was the wrong choice because I got nada for it and the storyline just ends.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Yep, another stupid storyline. What a disappointment this weekend event turned out to be! :rolleyes:
    I chose to make my own emoji line, trying to take a page from Kim's book and her emoji, but I think it was the wrong choice because I got nada for it and the storyline just ends.
  • A.P.TA.P.T Registered Users 64 Posts
    I can't wait for this event to end,I'm seriously over it including the storyline of the emoji's... I think the team is slowly but surely running out of creative ideas as this weekend went south! #heavysigh
  • Kkh.IceSwanKkh.IceSwan Registered Users 29 Posts
    Please no more event like this. EVER. I want normal weekend event
  • Kkh.IceSwanKkh.IceSwan Registered Users 29 Posts
    Btw any tips on winning streaks....Seems impossible for me.
  • FlissFliss Registered Users 34 Posts
    I also chose to make my own emoji line and the storyline just ended. Strangely though, when I went into the Miraggio Grande in Las Vegas there were three purple actions (two that I think were ten energy bolts and one that was twelve) as though I was in the middle of an event which I definitely wasn't and when I completed each action all I received were a couple of XPs and cash. I wonder if there was a glitch with the emoji storyline and that was something to do with the follow on from choosing to make your own?
    iPad Pro iOS player
    A+++ // 1.1b fans // level 53
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

That storyline just dropped off the face of the earth. Did someone forget to write the third gig? Was it erroneously omitted? Or did Glu just not care?
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I hate myself. I really wanted the novice outfit, I'm a sucker for plaid, so I decided to try with the new item shoes. I gave myself 100 kstars limit and wore the red plaid shirt and black pants with some nice hair and entered my doll. I was busy doing other things so I didn't even vote, I mean it's rigged so it doesn't matter. I got lucky probably because it was so late night/early morning (like I saw the same doll in 2 of my competitions) and won it without hitting that 100 mark.

I feel guilty cause I got suckered in. I'm happy cause I got the outfit but at the same time I'm not. You play games to take some stress away and have an enjoyable time, not this. I'm sure we'll be told Glu is listening to our complaints, but considering what we've said before about pay events and yet they dragged this monstrosity out somehow I feel like they'll be putting dollars into their ears and ignoring us.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Yep. DO NOT LIKE. This is one of the first events where I skipped all the storyline and the "contest". Didn't bother to participate after the first free round.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    The exact same thing happened to me, Fliss. I cleared all 3 actions with energy bolts and .............. NOTHING! lol
    Fliss wrote: »
    I also chose to make my own emoji line and the storyline just ended. Strangely though, when I went into the Miraggio Grande in Las Vegas there were three purple actions (two that I think were ten energy bolts and one that was twelve) as though I was in the middle of an event which I definitely wasn't and when I completed each action all I received were a couple of XPs and cash. I wonder if there was a glitch with the emoji storyline and that was something to do with the follow on from choosing to make your own?
    Someone "corrected" my saying that SYS isn't pay to play because you get to keep the item. Ok. Walking away from that one.

I haven't read through this thread in about 24 hours and am not going to do so again, it's not necessary. If anyone is under the impression that a K-star "reward" for 5-star gigs is a gift, apology, event, it is none of those. You were/are meant to turn right around and spend them on more wasted WWIB entries. There was no goodwill intended. Did this twisted "fail safe" have the results Glu intended? I have no clue because there's an insane number of posts here and again, I just can't read them anymore, I have dinner guests coming and all of us know how the reception of this garbage was received.

I know there were a couple other things I had in mind, but yeah, no time right now. Like 99.9% of everyone else, I hope to NEVER see this ill-thought-out, ill-intentioned trash in KKH again. The whole motivation behind it, how it played out, and "it is what it is" is nauseating. It su*ked. And it was a sh*t weekend in KKH land. We had no event, end of, and Happy freaking New Year, Glu. Thanks for starting it off with a bang.
  • ellelaurinellelaurin Registered Users 24 Posts
    I hope there is a very generous midweek event and some kind of K-star apology for how this entire week went - I lost all my New Years Eve items with the update and like everyone else, spent way too many k-stars trying to understand why nice looks kept on earning me 7th place. Then onto grinding in reality shows to recoup my losses. The only ones coming out of this happy are of course the cheaters.
    After my initial sticker shock, I realized if I went back in, I'd resist the urge for non stop entries. I lost a lot of times, but I had some wins. And the more you spent, the better my luck seemed. My head is still spining, but let's just say Im not done yet. This is harder than cross country skiing, and almost as expensive.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    After my initial sticker shock, I realized if I went back in, I'd resist the urge for non stop entries. I lost a lot of times, but I had some wins. And the more you spent, the better my luck seemed. My head is still spining, but let's just say Im not done yet. This is harder than cross country skiing, and almost as expensive.

I pm'd you. :)
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I just came back from holidays so I didn't really get to take part in this event. I tried to play, but only won two items. When I tried to enter the third event my game froze, and now no matter how many times I restart my game it still keeps freezing after about 20 seconds of it being open. I can't even open an in game ticket lol, ill make a post in the help section later. But yeah I'm really bummed my game is so glitched. :(
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    I play the game on the computer version. So here's what happened with the update and the weekend event: i got the update on Saturday morning. I was really looking forward to the weekend event. Then i read your comments in here and i was like it's ok if i don't get it, i don't really like it. So, like SYS, Kalinda told us that computer players will not get the Who wore it best event. Instead, we only got the storyline. But, here's the weird part: i got the storyline two times (it might be a glitch, i don't know). Anyway, i'm okay with not getting the event, because i don't want to pay so many k-stars and not be able to get to the first place. So, i'm just hoping that Glu will change that. :)
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I would be really interested to know whether this event was a success - from Glu's perspective. Obviously it wasn't from the players side but it still seems like people spent an awful lot of stars/real money on it which is going to be Glu's metric.

So, really the only way to force Glu to change the event is to stop spending on it, no matter how much we want the prizes. If Glu aren't making money from this kind of event then they'll swap it out for something else pretty quickly.
    ****I play on ios****
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    Like everything here, I thought this event was terrible and a real let down but I'm curious - hope this is ok to ask as I e see a few posts saying not to target players; Glu are a company that want to make money, when they do an event we don't like, the only way to stop a similar one happening again is to not 'fund' it - I've seen really angry players on here saying how much they hate the WWIT yet in the same breath say they have spent lots of money and K stars on it anyway - players who do this aren't creating an incentive to pull this kind of event! Glu won't care if the money is spent happily or grudgingly as long as they make a ton of it! I just feel that we had an opportunity as a group to say no, we deserve better events with more covetable prizes but instead we've made a lot of noise about how we hate it whilst still lining pockets and pouring money into the game. If we're going to pay whatever, where's the incentive to improve things??
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    This was the worst weekend in the KKH history. I feel exhausted and my motivation to play the game is near zero. I hope Glu compensates this disaster with something that makes us happy again :(
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    This was the worst weekend in the KKH history. I feel exhausted and my motivation to play the game is near zero. I hope Glu compensates this disaster with something that makes us happy again :(
    same same same
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Cherrey wrote: »

"...my motivation to play the game is near zero."

Absolutely. What a total and complete disaster. I am thisclose to abandoning; I now have little to no interest in opening this game at all.

Just a few of the best words dolls have called this...mess: Fraud. Scam. Swindle. Fake. Sham.

So no. Don't even bother to fiddle with it, smokescreens won't change a thing. We don't want this type of...thing...in our game--there was no fun or intrigue in it to begin with. And it all went further downhill from there. And yes. "Ours." We're keeping it going, we're keeping this game going; without us, what do you have? You've lost sight of the big picture. All the good that should be, that used to be, KKH. You underestimated us. You called us stupid. You called us ignorant and willing to go blindly into being duped. But you were wrong.

Now, let's talk about another event that's not on the up and up. You know. Where it takes four hours to get results but if you pay it takes only seconds. SYS has a number of fake dolls. I have screenshots. They are weird and freaky-looking; they're in every SYS event, and there's no mistaking them. I have screenshots. Yes. From every SYS event. Imagine my shock one day, when at 5 am I opened my game, and saw something none of us were ever meant to see. The event was populating itself. Going through paces with those very same fake dolls, and those dolls only. That morning, just as the event began, something was running that showed me all those bizarre dolls...and my jaw just dropped as I saw every one of them now wearing the pay to play items: female dolls with I believe it was a necklace, the male dolls with the antlers pin. The very exact dolls. With the items now attached to them. W T F. I have screenshots. Fraud. Sham. Fake. What in the h e l l had I just seen?? Scam. Yeah. Most of us know SYS is a bunch of $h!t. But it's fun just the same. And then suddenly one day, Glu employees were hard at work, creating some new dolls, just as I suspect happened this weekend was done too, making much more styled dolls, that would look more similar to ours. Because hey, "the jig was up"; much more than was comfortable for you.

Please do not bring back this skunk of a non-event. Do not mess with it, to try to make it more palatable. We don't want to see, or go through, such a horrible, stupid experience again. You have become callous and unyielding. You have taken caution and trashed it to pieces. You have stomped on the vast majority of good and turned so much of it bad. Your strategy has become take, take, take, with a lot less give. You have become a beggar-leech. We liked you. Why did you objectify, and stop liking us? Why did you call us empty-headed idiots? How did you manage to let things go so wrong? Unbridled greed. And getting beyond the pale carried away with it. What does this mean for the whole 2017 future, both for you and for us? Disgusting.
  • SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    This event was the worst ever and I'm mad at myself for believing I would win something if I tried.
    I don't even know how many times I tried and how many kstars I spent (I stopped counting at some point) to only win the boots everyone won. I liked the backpack so much I really wanted to have it but that would have been too good ofc...

I stopped playing KKH for several months before starting again and I'm thinking of stopping again. I'm getting tired. When I started I used to buy kstars every month/two months. I haven't paid a cent for this game for more than a year. I don't think it's worth it anymore.

Go ahead and throw shoes, but I think it was just an idea that fizzled. They didn't pitch it to pizza us off. I'm telling you, it's the curse of the holiday end. Every single year, it's like a curse. But this was something. They didn't mean to push us into a 12 Step. I'm SURE this model is in the repair shop. Did the 1st plane fly? Do you really think they want to do anything to make people stop playing? That's not a good business plan. Also didn't they quickly add the Earn a Star? That was so we'd all have something to do that was good for us. I think that was very responsive. I'm just saying, let's watch and see if things don't get better. They'd have to right?

and don't Pitch Tosh my theory that this was the curse of the end of the holiday season. It weird that it ugly head every year. Valentine's Day is right around the corner we always like Valentine's Day clothes. And that marks the end of this meant to be uplifting post
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary