My game is freezing

wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
Starting from yesterday, my game has been freezing 10-20 seconds after I open it. It doesn't matter how many times I restart the app or even my phone, it freezes every single time. Needless to say this is making my game impossible to play. I can't even create a ticket in game because it will always freeze well before I've finished writing my message.

I'm on an iPhone 4S, level 47, female doll. My game is the latest update. Please help me. :(
GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Any chance you have the number on an email or pm? You can still submit a ticket without your game Id. Go to faqs, there wasn't much in the way of crashing, other than android, but there is the contact us button. You can send in a ticket that way, but unless it's a widespread thing, you might not be able to get one on one tech support.
    But.... you know it's coming. Since you're Apple I would talk to Apple support (instant chat. this way you will have a record of all the instructions or whatever)happens tell them what the issue is tell them you want to save you're game to iTunes desktop, then you can pretty safely try and restore with a fresh download of the game. Does any of this make sense to you?

Or, maybe glu will spot this and then they'll probably have a better answer.

i
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Koko as I said I can't submit a ticket because it keeps freezing before I can write my message explaining the problem. If I'm lucky I'll get to "contact us" before the freeze kicks in, but I still can't write my message because the game still freezes and that's it. It'll be stuck like that forever or until I force close the app. I appreciate your answer but I'd like a glu staff technical support staff to reach out to me and help. Contacting apple will only be done once I'm statisfied the problem isn't on Glu's end.
    Game still freezing... This wasn't happening before I updated... Can someone from glu please reach out to me and help me seeing as I cannot create a game ticket?
    I understand I'm not glu personnel but I'd like to clarify that I fully understood your post, and inability to submit an ingame ticket. I was asking, if you saved your game ID? If so, you can submit a ticket from the site, not the game. You didn't answer that, just said you were waiting for glu.

However, if you DO have your ID number saved, you can go here, and use the contact us button. Without your game ID, the only suggestion glu had for a similar situation last night, is to make sure you have at least 2 GBs free, close apps, and make sure you have a strong wifi signal. Now that I got all that out, I'll leave you to wait for glu's response. Hope the situation corrects for your shortly.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I'm sorry this is happening to you. Koko shared the same advice I would about 2 GB free etc. Please don't uninstall your game because we can't restore lost progress.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    I understand I'm not glu personnel but I'd like to clarify that I fully understood your post, and inability to submit an ingame ticket. I was asking, if you saved your game ID? If so, you can submit a ticket from the site, not the game. You didn't answer that, just said you were waiting for glu.

However, if you DO have your ID number saved, you can go here, and use the contact us button. Without your game ID, the only suggestion glu had for a similar situation last night, is to make sure you have at least 2 GBs free, close apps, and make sure you have a strong wifi signal. Now that I got all that out, I'll leave you to wait for glu's response. Hope the situation corrects for your shortly.
    Haha well I misunderstood you. You didn't specify you were talking about the site, I didn't even know you could do that, so I presumed you meant in game still.

I'll try this 2GB thing. Thank you Kalinda and Koko. Do you have a link to a thread where this was mentioned so I can follow the instructions? Right now I don't really understand. I have 2GBs free on my phone, I have all my apps closed, and I have a strong wifi signal - what do I do now? :P
    Let me grab the FAQ link for that. Hang on ok, about the 2GB here

Why can't I load or open my game?

If you are experiencing loading issues, please do not uninstall your game. We have no way of restoring any lost game progress.

First, try to fully exit and then re-open the game. Next, c lose any apps that aren’t essential. Make sure that you have 2 GB of extra free space. And for best results, you'll want to always use a reliable Wi-Fi connection.

Then, it's about Android - but a lot of it applies to all games with issues here under crashing

How do I prevent poor performance /crashing /lag on my Android device?

Before we say anything else, please DO NOT UNINSTALL to try fixing troubles. You could delete your savegame and not be able to recover it. Try the suggestions below first, and if you are still having trouble you can contact support.

The majority of problems with any game can be solved by ensuring you have plenty of system resources, and good reliable bandwidth (connection to your Internet Service Provider.)
    CLOSE ALL OTHER PROGRAMS

Let this game run by itself and see if its performance improves. Before launching, use Android's "Clear All" feature or a task killer to close all other running programs. This ensures there are no program stubs competing for space on the device.
    DON’T LET YOUR STORAGE GET TOO FULL
    If your device's storage space is nearing full capacity, delete some old unused free apps or move some media files to another device, to free up some space.
    If your device has a separate main memory and SD card memory, use your Applications manager to move as many apps as possible to your SD card. Some devices provide only a small user space in main memory and you’ll want to keep as much as that clear as possible.
    CHECK THE QUALITY OF YOUR CONNECTION

The quality of the Internet connection can affect game stability. Always use a reliable WiFi connection rather than a network connection (3G, 4G) because cell connections can vary wildly.

Having high "bars" indicates good signal strength but may not reflect actual throughput. Even if you have good signal strength showing for your WiFi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested, For example, if there are many users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video, you might not be getting good throughput.

There are free bandwidth tests to check your total throughput. You needn’t install any software, these can run right through your device’s browser. (Just search for “bandwidth test.”) You should have at least 10Mb download and 3Mb upload for the game to run properly.

While the game is running, do not power off the device or remove the battery. Always close the game normally.

Me again.......and, lastly - please tell me you do have your ID number saved, my fingers are crossed, because then glu can take a look and see what's happening.

Being unable to open the game is so frustrating.. there's hope, because you always think...just a little more loading and it will open like normal.....and the frustration and fear that follow when it doesn't work. Good luck, I'm sending all positive energy your way.

And the only reason I always suggest Apple, even though things may be a glu issue, I don't care where the help comes from I want my game right and playable. I'd probably ask apple if backing up in itunes would save a glitch in the game, or would it just save the data. If it just saves the data, maybe a fresh install would work. But under no circumstances would I do that unless I had an itunes save for peace of mind.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary