Received Erroneous Hack Message after Update

Comments

• whiteponywhitepony Registered Users 35 Posts
    I usually lurk here but had to register because this is happening to me as well. The thought of losing all my progress after paying (too much) real money for this game is heartbreaking.
    iOS player
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm sorry this happened to you, here is Kalinda's post, instructing what to do, if this error hits your game.

If you're affected by this issue, please send me a private message with your ID.

1.) Open the Options Menu by tapping the small square icon on the top-left of the main game screen.
    2.) Tap the 'help' button to open the Help Page
    3.) The Hollywood ID is listed in the middle of the Help Page (e.g. "357601065544564")

Yiu will be helped as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you! I did pm Kalinda, fingers crossed it can be solved soon! I love the items I saw in the spoilers for this weekend event and would be sad to miss it ๐Ÿ˜ž
    iOS player
    My fingers are crossed for all of you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Atomic KittenAtomic Kitten Registered Users 5 Posts
    Have you sent your Hollywood ID to Kalinda on the forum? She was the one that told me when my game was fixed, not the in-game help service (but I did submit a ticket to them as well).

Hi Miimoliin, no I haven't sent Kalinda my ID, but will do so today. I also saw the information kokokokonut reposted in regards to contacting her. Thank you both :)

~*~*~

My game seems to be back, no more invalid file message. Sending out a big thank you to the Customer Care team. I missed out on the last 2 event items which is a bummer, and I can't say I feel confident about making any future purchases, but I'm truly grateful to be able to participate in this weekend's event.

Good luck to everyone that is still experiencing issues. I'm hoping you'll all have good news share with us soon.
    Kalinda fixed my game for me, and in time to participate in the weekend event! I'm just so grateful that the issue was able to be resolved. Thank you to Glu and Koko, and HUGE thank you to Kalinda!
    iOS player
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I should've known better and now I feel like an idiot! I had been having problems getting the VIP package and kept being told it failed even though in settings it said I was subscribed. I PM'd Kalinda with my problem and she told me to do the tapping on the settings page, which I did and never heard back from anyone. Since my phantom VIP ends tomorrow, I tried again tonight and got a popup telling me once again it failed. I went to setting to cancel and when I go back to my game I get the pop up calling me a cheater with my events GONE! Good news, the VIP stuff is FINALLY avaiable for me to purchase and I get one whole day to do the events, yippee...I sent a PM to Kalinda and did the tapping AGAIN but since I probably won't get any sort of response soon, I'll miss the rest of the weekend event and won't get the items while feeling stupid.

Also, Kalinda & support said I'd get Kstars cause my pose vanished and I never got those either.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    I'm very sorry this is happening. Kayla, if they promised stars, remind them. When was the nose thing? A lot of us lost our nose when the wardrobe changed, but they brought them back shortly thereafter. Stupid question I know, but have your checked again? And can you tell me what you mean by tapping on the settings page? I'm having a small VIP issue, maybe that will help?

And what hat is your bottom line? You got the hack message, it's early. I'm sorry, I do want to try and help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JaeleighJaeleigh Registered Users 8 Posts
    I am STILL locked out...at this point, I'm ready to delete the game files and start from the beginning instead of waiting on anyone to fix my game. My only question is if I do that? Will I lose all my real money I invested in stars and stuff?
    I'm very sorry this is happening. Kayla, if they promised stars, remind them. When was the nose thing? A lot of us lost our nose when the wardrobe changed, but they brought them back shortly thereafter. Stupid question I know, but have your checked again? And can you tell me what you mean by tapping on the settings page? I'm having a small VIP issue, maybe that will help?

And what hat is your bottom line? You got the hack message, it's early. I'm sorry, I do want to try and help.

Not nose, pose. The heart pose from the photo booth that vanished. Since I had not received any contact back after my problem with buying the VIP originally and usually no one is around on the weekend, I was waiting til Monday to see if the KStars did show up.

And when I couldn't buy the VIP, I was told to send a problem report which I did the other day and again last night. I also had an open Help ticket which I told them my problem too.

And I don't know what you mean by my "bottom line". I'm upset that a game that I've spent real money on is calling me a cheater. I won't be able to get the weekend event dress while all the hackers on social media who flaunt their cheating will.
    IOS

• HanSmith947HanSmith947 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi, I stumbled across this whilst looking to see if anyone else was experiencing this problem.
    I brought a valentines gift box last weekend and after I'd opened the gift box this message appeared telling me about the save data error and suggested I restart my game. Coincidentally I also reached Number 1 on the same day, though I feel like it was the in app purchase that caused the problem! I contacted their customer services, and have received about four emails from them over the week but so far nothing has happened. Hoping after I message KalindaKing something might get resolved!
    Definitely don't want to delete and restart after all the money I've spent! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I finally bit the bullet and deleted and restarted this morning after still getting the hack message. So, because I purchased a VIP package, I not only lost my progress, but over 2000 stars I spent money to purchase over the last few months. Is there a way to have these items at least credited back to my account? I feel punished for being a paying player on the game...trying to move past it but still pretty upset.
    Yes, submit a ticket to customer care, and enclude copies of your receipts. THey'll help restore that for you. I'm very sorry this happened.

To submit a ticket to customer care -
    1) Open the Options Menu by tapping the small square icon on the top-left of the main game screen.
    2) Tap the 'help' button to open the Help Page then tap support to submit your ticket.
    (||| >help>glu support)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    For anyone reading this thread who is experiencing this, contact Glu for sure! My game is back! Thank you very much Kalinda!
    IOS

• patymountainpatymountain Registered Users 6 Posts
    I received the same message after purchase social event, I've received apple receipt including. My IOS iPhone, this wasn't the first time I made a purchase and I no have a hacked game!
    I've been contacted Glu but so far nothing has been done, a week has passed and nothing has been done. I'm quite disappointed in this game!
    glu is working hard to resolve all these issues. If you submitted a ticket to customer care, they will help you as soon as possible. And they do appreciate your patience.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I have too much patience! I pay for two games bills (mine and my daughter's) and it's my only distraction at this time that I'm sick. I'm sad and disappointed yes. I have been without game for more than a week now because no pleasure since I do not see the events and my friends (in the friends list)
    KaylaJ wrote: ยป
    For anyone reading this thread who is experiencing this, contact Glu for sure! My game is back! Thank you very much Kalinda!
    How long did it take for your game to normalize?
    I submitted a ticket and an email on feb 11 requesting this, and still ha met heard back. I realize they are busy - do we have any idea how much longer we might have to wait to receive responses??? Thanks.
    Yes, submit a ticket to customer care, and enclude copies of your receipts. THey'll help restore that for you. I'm very sorry this happened.

To submit a ticket to customer care -
    1) Open the Options Menu by tapping the small square icon on the top-left of the main game screen.
    2) Tap the 'help' button to open the Help Page then tap support to submit your ticket.
    (||| >help>glu support)
    Did you make an in-app purchase today?
    Hi Kalinda, could you help me! This is the second week and my game KKH still has a problem. Now, I received a email from Glu saying that my problem it was fixed manually! For my surprise, when I open the game came the same message and the problem continues. Could you help me, please?
    I'm so sorry this happened again. I'll make sure she sees this is still an issue for all of you. I understand how frustrating it is when our games are glitched. :( Thanks for your patience. Fingers crosses for a swift fix.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm so sorry this happened again. I'll make sure she sees this is still an issue for all of you. I understand how frustrating it is when our games are glitched. :( Thanks for your patience. Fingers crosses for a swift fix.
    I appreciate your consideration and help!
  • Suki23Suki23 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Something is wrong bc I just bought k stars from the game, as I have before; then recd error msg that my game data is invalid and I have to uninstall and start over?? I started support ticket but they take days to respond. It's k star wknd and right now that's no longer working. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance
    Happened to me too but started today. I added issue in difft topic bc just saw this . My game isn't hacked , and I had just bought k stars from within the game. I also have bronze VIP, not sure how that's affected yet. And it's a k star wknd! Almost want to cry. Support takes days so hoping for help for all of us soon!!
    hi I moved your post over, and unfortunately all I can suggest is you submit a ticket to customer care, show them your receipt and explain it happened after your purchase.

And while you're at it, you shouls copy and save your Hollywood ID number for future help. Again, so sorry this is happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks for response! So there is zero way to find all in app purchases via iPhones version of iTunes or at all via iPhone. Hopefully this info will help someone bc you have to login to iTunes via a computer, go into store then go into ALL purchase history. You may have to re enter some info . Still zero response from Glu but I have ALL my receipts sent. Game sucks when it takes your real $ then disables major game features bc of badly written code. :(
  • KKH.MoonlightBaeKKH.MoonlightBae Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm having the same issue I submitted a ticket and I restarted my game and I'm getting the same message. I'm so upset I lost everything
    Yikes. From thread seems some ppl have had issue resolved while others are pending etc. I'm not sure why some ppls games are being fixed before others, maybe GLU doesn't realize issue seems to be widespread? Idk but hoping they will fix for everyone and or provide a status update. I've given them screenshots and my receipts, still no response. :( and my recentl purchases would have given next celeb perk, but celeb perks also appear disabled. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    If you've submitted a ticket, you will get a response from customer care. And every case is different. There is no 'switch' to flip to help everyone at once. ANd every case is different. Not everyone who receives the message is flagged incorrectly. support has to look at each game individually, and this is time consuming. That would explain why some are resolved and some still pending. Let me scroll back to see your situation Suki. brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary