Becoming a VIP

Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
Has anyone become a VIP? I have vowed to never spend a dime on this game, but Glu has me tempted. I've been dying to have Kim's VMA outfit and hair since Glu gave a little sneak peek of it several months ago. Anyone know what package you must select to get these items? $50 seems a little too expensive for me so I was opting for the $5 one.
Prev13

Comments

• thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I haven't looked at the VIP packages yet, but I paid for stars once to get rid of ads and I don't regret it. I recently started a second game just so my main girl could have someone attractive to marry (well, and also because I wanted to see all the guys' stuff and so I could send my main gifts) and the ads are driving me up the wall.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I just checked the closet for the first time since the update. There's a "VIP Early Access Sale" section where you can see everything, so you can check there to see what you want.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Selena.kkh wrote: »
    Has anyone become a VIP? I have vowed to never spend a dime on this game, but Glu has me tempted. I've been dying to have Kim's VMA outfit and hair since Glu gave a little sneak peek of it several months ago. Anyone know what package you must select to get these items? $50 seems a little too expensive for me so I was opting for the $5 one.

I'm not sure why a few people have been looking for Kim's VMA outfit in the VIP subs. That was a SMC for cash purchase around December, I think...? Does anyone remember if the silver dress bundle was in November or December?
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I'm not sure why a few people have been looking for Kim's VMA outfit in the VIP subs. That was a SMC for cash purchase around December, I think...? Does anyone remember if the silver dress bundle was in November or December?

The silver dress was Kim's Met Gala look! The VMA outfit is in the VIP partner tiles if you look. It includes the hair and dress. The shoes you can purchase in the VIP closet thing. I think the silver dress came out in October with Kim's birthday event, if I'm not mistaken.
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Selena.kkh wrote: »

You must purchase the Gold $50 VIP to get chance to win the VMA dress and hair. I'm super bummed about it lol.
  • Muse DiaMuse Dia Registered Users 28 Posts
    So sad about that hair. I got one final chance tomorrow to win it. I got the silver and the gold tiles already, so there might actually be a chance for me!

But even though it kills me, I refuse to spend $50 for it, its absolutely way too much money for so little
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I would like some of the VIP items but I just can't justify a monthly subscription that doesn't include some Kstars. Yes, there are benefits, but I am not sure they are worth it. VIP tiles are fleeting and not even something you come by on a daily basis. The early access sales only count if I want to buy the item (I don't buy anything unless I like it, there are many kash and kstar items still unpurchased in my regular wardrobe after 2+ years.) The VIP storylines are good, and give you an item or two, but what if that was only for the first storyline? Kstars are the thing everyone needs, wants and uses the most. Those should be included.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Yes, tbh that is what is keeping me on the fence. But the half price sale on early clothes, the stroryline and don't forget the extra energy. I love the extra energy. Seriously....throw in some stars and we'll line up around the block to sign up.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    The silver dress was Kim's Met Gala look! The VMA outfit is in the VIP partner tiles if you look. It includes the hair and dress. The shoes you can purchase in the VIP closet thing. I think the silver dress came out in October with Kim's birthday event, if I'm not mistaken.

Ohhhhh, thank you for that info, Mad Max!<3:)
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I would like some of the VIP items but I just can't justify a monthly subscription that doesn't include some Kstars. Yes, there are benefits, but I am not sure they are worth it. VIP tiles are fleeting and not even something you come by on a daily basis. The early access sales only count if I want to buy the item (I don't buy anything unless I like it, there are many kash and kstar items still unpurchased in my regular wardrobe after 2+ years.) The VIP storylines are good, and give you an item or two, but what if that was only for the first storyline? Kstars are the thing everyone needs, wants and uses the most. Those should be included.

I'm in the same boat. I think if you were someone who bought everything the discounts would pay for the subscription because you'd be purchasing k-stars to buy the items anyway. I bought the top knot hair but nothing else from the VIP discount section so am I willing to spend $50 a month to get the option of maybe buying one or two items? Heck no. Receiving bonus items during the VIP storyline was great but like you said, is that always going to happen or was it just a way for Glu to lure you in?

I know we don't like talking about *cough*cheaters*cough* but this seems like Glu's response to them. Sure, they won't get the VIP exclusive items (if there are any!) But so what, they have to wait a few months to buy an item. Pfft. Discounts mean nothing when you have unlimited resources. Unfortunately, this seems like just another way to make honest players pay to play. I'm not convinced this is worth it.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Ohhhhh, thank you for that info, Mad Max!<3:)

<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    My 7 day free trial period ended and I decided to put on words my feelings during this time as a gold VIP subscriber. I think the experience was positive and I enjoyed most of the features. I definitely wish I could to keep it in my game, but unfortunately the monthly fee is too pricey to be paid on a game considering my standards. So I asked to myself is it worthy of the price that they’re charging? Let’s take a look on the features:
    • Early access

I’m not a huge fan of the early access politic, but the sale is a BIG thing to those who wants to buy EVERYTHING in the game, feels like Black Friday and that’s amazing! I ‘only’ bought 3 items, those whose called my attention, so I’m not entirely sure which is more worth, to pay for a VIP sale where we don’t take advantage of all half priced items or spend on k-stars to get only the items we really want at full price.
    • 10+ Max energy

I’ve asked several times for a cumulative energy bar and this feature was a nice substitute while they don’t add that in the game. During this week I was able to collect all my pets’ energy bolts without having to go back to those 4 or 5 that were left behind when the bar filled up, this was great. Probably this is the feature that I’ll miss more.
    • 2x Perks

This feature didn’t called my attention, cause none of the perks left are a goal to me and I didn’t made the math, but if you invest your money here or in more k-stars, does make an actual difference?
    • VIP gigs

Here where I felt like a true VIP. This first storyline brought a Kim Kardashian that I haven’t seen for a while on non VIP gigs, she was really there, treating my doll nicely and friendly, not asking anything in exchange or complaining that she was busy and rubbing on his face that she was doing a huge favor for him again. The gifts were the icing on the cake, is always nice to be ‘gifted’ by the game.
    • VIP partnerships

I believe this is the most controversial part. I hate the fact that the tiles pop up at the daily boxes even when we didn’t signed anything yet, to add to that I also don’t like to see them between the partnership’s tab list. This is where things really comes to be ‘exclusive’, but at same time the rewards doesn’t make up for the price to be paid on the gold category (at least on guy’s games), tons of partnerships have as rewards just energy bolts on the first try. IMO the only cute outfit is the one advertised at the VIP window, and it isn’t worthy of the price to be paid.

I came to a conclusion that paying $ 162 in my country’s currency doesn’t make the feature worth at all. I’d say that maybe $ 30 USD could work better to be paid monthly to take advantages from features that though can be nice at some level (early access,10+ max energy, 2x perks) won’t make huge difference for those who doesn’t have the subscription, and to get the ‘exclusive’ pieces of clothing offered through partnerships and storylines.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Lizzy1979Lizzy1979 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    My 7 day free trial period ended and I decided to put on words my feelings during this time as a gold VIP subscriber. I think the experience was positive and I enjoyed most of the features. I definitely wish I could to keep it in my game, but unfortunately the monthly fee is too pricey to be paid on a game considering my standards. So I asked to myself is it worthy of the price that they’re charging? Let’s take a look on the features:
    • Early access

I’m not a huge fan of the early access politic, but the sale is a BIG thing to those who wants to buy EVERYTHING in the game, feels like Black Friday and that’s amazing! I ‘only’ bought 3 items, those whose called my attention, so I’m not entirely sure which is more worth, to pay for a VIP sale where we don’t take advantage of all half priced items or spend on k-stars to get only the items we really want at full price.
    • 10+ Max energy

I’ve asked several times for a cumulative energy bar and this feature was a nice substitute while they don’t add that in the game. During this week I was able to collect all my pets’ energy bolts without having to go back to those 4 or 5 that were left behind when the bar filled up, this was great. Probably this is the feature that I’ll miss more.
    • 2x Perks

This feature didn’t called my attention, cause none of the perks left are a goal to me and I didn’t made the math, but if you invest your money here or in more k-stars, does make an actual difference?
    • VIP gigs

Here where I felt like a true VIP. This first storyline brought a Kim Kardashian that I haven’t seen for a while on non VIP gigs, she was really there, treating my doll nicely and friendly, not asking anything in exchange or complaining that she was busy and rubbing on his face that she was doing a huge favor for him again. The gifts were the icing on the cake, is always nice to be ‘gifted’ by the game.
    • VIP partnerships

I believe this is the most controversial part. I hate the fact that the tiles pop up at the daily boxes even when we didn’t signed anything yet, to add to that I also don’t like to see them between the partnership’s tab list. This is where things really comes to be ‘exclusive’, but at same time the rewards doesn’t make up for the price to be paid on the gold category (at least on guy’s games), tons of partnerships have as rewards just energy bolts on the first try. IMO the only cute outfit is the one advertised at the VIP window, and it isn’t worthy of the price to be paid.

I came to a conclusion that paying $ 162 in my country’s currency doesn’t make the feature worth at all. I’d say that maybe $ 30 USD could work better to be paid monthly to take advantages from features that though can be nice at some level (early access,10+ max energy, 2x perks) won’t make huge difference for those who doesn’t have the subscription, and to get the ‘exclusive’ pieces of clothing offered through partnerships and storylines.
    Hey Vats
    just wanted to know if you had any difficulty canceling your 7 day free trial? I'm curious to try it, but worried that if I don't like it that I will have issues canceling. Any feedback you could provide is greatly appreciated 😊
    There have been no reported problems of anyone trying to cancel. And if you need help you can always ask here.;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Lizzy1979 wrote: »
    Hey Vats
    just wanted to know if you had any difficulty canceling your 7 day free trial? I'm curious to try it, but worried that if I don't like it that I will have issues canceling. Any feedback you could provide is greatly appreciated &#55357;&#56842;

I canceled my free trial and had no issues. Which platform are you using? I'm on Android so it was all done through Google Play.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Can someone tell me instead how to get the 7 days free trial? I never have it since the vip option was introduced :(
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
    Hi, I'm sorry, but not all games are invited to the 7 day free trial. I don't know the specifications, but I do know that not everyone has that option available. In that case, you would just subscirbe and pay for your first month right away.

Further to the cancellations. In both itunes and google play, you go into your account, find "Subscriptions" and cancel through that portal. It does say on both Android and iOS that you can cancel today, but you will receive your entire subscription.

This means, if you take the free trial (if available) today you can cancel right away, but continue to enjoy your free week. If you pay for a month, and decide you don't want it a 2nd month, you cancel and still enjoy the rest of the monthly period you initially signed up for. So, you don't have to worry about waiting till the end, and then hoping you're cancelled in time.

There is no fine print, no tricks to cancelling. It's very clear cut and above board, done either through a link in the email your received when you signed up, or simply through your account settings in itunes or google play.

I'm sorry if you are not able to take advantage of the free trial, but if you're someone who wants everything quickly and on a great sale, then yes sign up and enjoy it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you guys for your kind responses to my inquiry. @soundspretty I'm on iOS Apple iPad @kokokokonut thank you for clearing that up. There are a few items on VIP that I would like to buy, but not sure if $50/month is worth it. Still, the Gemini in me is curious to see these VIP benefits 😂
    Lizzy1979 wrote: »
    Hey Vats
    just wanted to know if you had any difficulty canceling your 7 day free trial? I'm curious to try it, but worried that if I don't like it that I will have issues canceling. Any feedback you could provide is greatly appreciated &#55357;&#56842;

Hi Lizzy! As Koko and SoundsP I also didn't found any trouble to cancel the free trial. I canceled it a day before the trial rans out, however I was able to use its benefits on the next day, once I still was in the trial period. Go ahead is fun!:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Hey another question about VIP. How often does Kim or other people i.e.; stylist "gift" you items? Also how often do you get VIP challenges? I'm on my 5th day of the free trial and not sure if it's worth $50 a month. I see that there were some new items in the VIP clothing and hair but how often are things added? If anyone on this thread is currently paying for VIP service I'd appreciate any feedback. TIA! 😘
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    With every update the VIPs get a new exclusive story. So far there have been 3 of them.

Looks like each month there'll be 1 new storyline, 2 new partnerships and early access to 12 new clothing items. And I think it's worth it if you consider the increase in max energy and celebrity perk points. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    I'm curious to know if the VIP stories and their rewards acummulates. Like if I decide to subscribe a gold membership on April of 2018 for example, will I get all 2017 stories and prizes through that date? If so, the wait is worth.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • GingeroharaGingerohara Registered Users 8 Posts
    Slightly random but has anyone else noticed that the blue dress with the cutout has gone from the VIP early access? I bought it during my free trial and now it's gone and I didn't get the stars back? Random glitch for me or something else?
    Same thing happened with my purchases from the first vip in feb. Look in the regular purchase section of dresses. Whe tni gs go 'off' v.i.p. early access, they are placed in the wardrobe, and the Vip designato is taken off. So, if yiu purchased a dress it should be found randomly in the dress section to wear, if it wasn't purchased, it's now i that same rando place available for purchase. In my screenshot 2nd down...3rd from the left. Hope this helps. I was in the same panic. Lol

IMG_1596.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • GingeroharaGingerohara Registered Users 8 Posts
    Thank you!! Odd that it's just that dress that loses the VIP thing?
    No, see the VIP is not the dress...it is early availability. So, once the item becomes available for everyone to purchase....it loses the VIP status.

Anyway, it's very nice to meet you Ginger. Welcome to the forum. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Same thing happened with my purchases from the first vip in feb. Look in the regular purchase section of dresses. Whe tni gs go 'off' v.i.p. early access, they are placed in the wardrobe, and the Vip designato is taken off. So, if yiu purchased a dress it should be found randomly in the dress section to wear, if it wasn't purchased, it's now i that same rando place available for purchase. In my screenshot 2nd down...3rd from the left. Hope this helps. I was in the same panic. Lol

IMG_1596.jpg

I noticed some of the labels in my game are gone, and some are not.... I don't think it's a big deal either way.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I'm honestly disappointed that the VIP deals don't include a steady supply of k-stars. That's what I would buy something like that for. Even if it means I'd have to login daily to pick them up. Might actually get me to play the game regularly again - I haven't played in ages, really. I lost a lot of motivation once videos for free k-stars were taken away.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    For no reason other than ilm saying hi to Sappho.........

[video=youtube_share;8Gv0H-vPoDc]https://youtu.be/8Gv0H-vPoDc[/video]

And i agree about the extra stars in VIp. There was a monthly star bonus in the old VIP I believe.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Anastasia J KennedyAnastasia J Kennedy Registered Users 89 Posts
    Did anyone become a VIP?
    I've just tried a bronze subscription just because it's said I'll get exclusive items :rolleyes: (it caught me lol).
    I did several gigs, got earrings, a necklace and a dress. And there's no more gigs =)).
    I guess there will be different items for different types of subscription.
    If anyone became a VIP then please tell me your experience. I'm so curious lol.
    Thanks!!
    KKH iOS player
    Level: 42
    A+++ Lister