Monday Means May Day~ & A SYS MidWeek 5/2/17

Comments

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    This was my first winning look of the event!

show_your_style_may_2017.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Congratulations. She looks lovely. You can do it. You can do it.

Um, I have a question to ask....Vatsy(Vatsey) :) um, is either of these 2 blondes you? I have been voting for everyone who might be you, but frankly, you've been running around in your AprilFoolsDay Suit a little too often lately, so I wasnt' sue.Vatsy.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Thanks to your lovely messages of support I managed to complete the event. Woooo!
    So here are a couple of looks with unusual hairstyles. Unusual for my doll - she goes blonde only on special occasions, and I haven't figured out how to style the event hair yet. I feel like there is kinda Nancy Spungen vibe to it, maybe I'll try thinking in that direction...

fzbzwy.jpg

Can't wait to see your looks with the prizes! Good luck with voting guys.

Update: here's my doll's attempt at copying Nancy...
    kxds2.jpg
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Omg I love your Nancy. Now we need Sid. Toise Walk of Shame ripped stocking I requested the other day would be PERFECT for Nancy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Since I'm 30 points away and there's enough time left on the clock I won't jinx it I will post my look:

MGrKqvp.jpg

It's won every round so far :)
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    This event was literally a dream come true!!! I didn't even care that I got energy and ugly earrings in my first 2 boxes lol. This dress and hairstyle were worth every 4-hour timer that I set :p THANK YOU SO MUCH, GLU, FOR BRINGING BACK THE SMS :D:D

hG9Alx.jpg

8TRKkc.jpg
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I did it! I set my alarm for every 4 hours because I wasn't sure if I could finish the event otherwise, but now there's plenty of time left. Ugh, I could have slept! I lost the first round, I think my first outfit was a little bit too edgy and avantgarde for the general voter :D

This was my second attempt to style that dress and I won every other round with it :)

xAXOMxv.jpg
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Ilmari's been kind of hit-and-miss but Iolanthe has won every round with this outfit (and the gold shoes from last month's party event).
    KKH_Screenshot_1493854929059.jpg
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »

8TRKkc.jpg

Wow Kiki looks absolutely amazing with the hair. I luv the styling too.

I'm kinda disappointed that it's a pay to play event. I only spend my kstars on V.I.P. events. I'm hoping that glu changes it so that items can be purchased with cash to participate too. I may be in the minority here but I wish that glu would go back to the old school ways so that SYS could return for the weekend events too. I'm so sorry if I'm starting to sound like a Debbie downer on my post, but I'm deeply saddened and unsatisfied with the previous midweek voting events lately on this game.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Yay to everyone who is finishing! I made sure to set my alarms also! Just finished ! I always get excited when there is earnable curly full volume hair <3 I really enjoyed this event, earned kstars in my first box and this gorgeous silver dress in my TB and loved the earnable items and the item to purchase . Best of luck to those still finishing!

kiki your doll looks amazing in that outfit and hair !!

cherrey I also really liked your edgy outfit!! I'm surprised to hear it lost your first round !

You're not a Debbie downer Carol ! I'm a queen of complaints when I'm unsatisfied. I get it . Glu has been pretty open to suggestions lately

KKH_Screenshot_1493861523274.jpg

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Wow you guys are rocking the new hairstyle! Congrats on finishing!

I just finished myself, yay!! Here is my doll showing all her new goodies:

IMG_0052.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Love the hair on everyone! Had life get in the way and lost some time so I'm a bit behind, but should finish up. I don't even remember what I got in my first box, but I got the mistletoe heels in the TB. Meh, but my eyes are on the real prize of dress & hair.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Yes, I believe it won't even let you submit a look once the timer goes past 4 hours.

That's right. It happened to me in a previous round of SYS and I was sooo mad because I was just a few points from the hair. Just submitting a look would have given me the points I needed.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    Ok, I need some math help. No snickering. the hair is 210 points. a losing round gives 15 points for 4 hours. 23 hours left? ok, right off the bat, subtract 4...so in 19 hours you must submit your last look. Right? because after the timer hits 4 hours left, no more looks are accepted because there will not be 4 hours of voting. 12 Noon eastern tomorrow it's over. Ergo your last look must be submitted by 8 am Eastern. Or you won't get points for submission and result. In the past, people have missed out, not realizing. oh, my math question? Nvmd. I think I'll make it.

So, if you need a last round tomorrow morning eastern, you might want to buy your last results early, so you have the last round to enter and receive points.

Wait, so does this mean if you enter your look 4-7 hours before the event ends (which means you get minutes-3 hours left to supposedly see the results) you'll still get the plus 5 but you won't be able to get the results which means no 20 or 10 event points? Or do you still get your event points even if there's only minutes-1 hour left?

I started very late for this event, I only had 1 day left when I started and I want to at least get to the throwback box. I still need 38 event points but I submitted a look 2 hours ago so I could still be able to submit 1 more look so I'll probably get 25-45 event points, depends if I win. I'm willing to spend some stars but I still need to make sure if I still get results if I submit 4-7 hours before the event ends so my stars won't go to waste. Help a doll out?
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Ilmari's been kind of hit-and-miss but Iolanthe has won every round with this outfit (and the gold shoes from last month's party event).
    KKH_Screenshot_1493854929059.jpg

I voted for her what a coincidence! ^.^
    astray wrote: »
    I voted for her what a coincidence! ^.^

Well, thank you very much! ;)
    I forgot to mention that I have finished! ^.^
    Well, thank you very much! ;)

You are most welcome her outfit stood out more than the other person they made their look seem simple but yours made me think of the great gatsby the way the women dressed were not only sophisticated but full of vintage.
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Man this event was great. I know I was complaining at the start but I'm going to admit I was wrong and it's actually fantastic. The central item was priced really well, the rewards were excellent, and the timing wasn't too tight to complete everything. Great work :)
    Wow Kiki looks absolutely amazing with the hair. I luv the styling too.

I'm kinda disappointed that it's a pay to play event. I only spend my kstars on V.I.P. events. I'm hoping that glu changes it so that items can be purchased with cash to participate too. I may be in the minority here but I wish that glu would go back to the old school ways so that SYS could return for the weekend events too. I'm so sorry if I'm starting to sound like a Debbie downer on my post, but I'm deeply saddened and unsatisfied with the previous midweek voting events lately on this game.

That does seem reasonable Carol hopefully they will consider that for future SYS's. I'm just glad it was a glitch (a glitch i didn't get in either of my games) and that no one had to pay to submit their looks.
    I don't mind paying a modest amount amount for a piece of clothing i'll wear, but the entry fee for each round wiuld not have been well received. The first few minutes when we didn't realize we weren't charged ...that was turning nasty.

Hey guys....your last round cane be submitted in 43 minutes from this post time. At 8 Eastern the last looks can be submitted. If you need the extra round... the game won't let you submit after 8,Eastern. It says ''but you can still vote" so don't get shut out. Now off to scroll uo to see who else completed while I was sleeping.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Iolanthe is done (I'm kind of warming up to the hair a little) but Ilmari needs 5 more points. I've already submitted his last look. If I fall asleep now and don't wake up before the end of the event, will I still get his final prize?
    To clarify....if you submit a look ...you will get points for submitting, and then when the time is up you get points. Anything submitted will get points. If there sn't time for 4 hours of voting....ie: 8:01 eastern time you can't submit so you can't get 5 points for entry, and obviously no win or lose points. I had confused someone.

I'm telling you about the cutoff....Holly got hit with it once, others get hit because if time is close, you might want to pay for early results so you can submit your last look before the cutoff in roughly half an hour. Goodluck guys
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Iolanthe is done (I'm kind of warming up to the hair a little) but Ilmari needs 5 more points. I've already submitted his last look. If I fall asleep now and don't wake up before the end of the event, will I still get his final prize?

Yes, when you get back to the game, the final points will be there, and if you've earned enough....you can click on the final prize and wear it proudly.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    I feel so accomplished having finished this event I'm obsessed with the hair and the new dress! I'd love to post a pic but I'm still not sure how to do that il have a look around the forum haha! I'm so pumped for the weekend event now!
    Yes, when you get back to the game, the final points will be there, and if you've earned enough....you can click on the final prize and wear it proudly.
    Thanks. I'm very tired and my brain's not firing on all cylinders.
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    2qs8360.jpg

Done!! Really pleased as I loved the items this week. I got kstars in my black box and the Perez Hilton silver earrings in my TB box, not bad. I also completed one of the 'to dye for' achievements thanks to earning the hair :)

I lost the first round, then switched my look to this, which won every other round:

2zxs0w3.jpg

It's a bit more matchy-matchy than I would normally go for, but obviously worked well here!

I hope everyone still waiting for final results gets what they want!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I think the key in this SYS was not to over accessorize. I tried to rationalize it like I would in real life. If I'm wearing a sparkly or shiny top I maybe put some studs in but otherwise don't wear any jewelry because it looks overkill. Also a lot of people wore gold (probably because that's 95% of our accessories) but the dress looked more silver tone to me.

I don't mind the pay to play just because it's not overly expensive and you get more items in return. If it was every week however that may be a problem. Once or twice a month... and like Carol said we used to have them on the weekends and that would be nice too.
    I clicked out of curiosity and it said "sorry, we're no longer accepting submissions for this event but you can still vote on your favourite look!"
    Yes, That's the message. I can only imagine needing 3 or 4 points, and finding that message when you go to enter. It's kind of cold. I hope no one was surprised or missed out because of it.

Did you get what you wanted Astray? I should scroll up to see who won......right now I'm hoping for all those people who are waiting for results and say they needed 11 points. They HAVE to win. I can't imagine needing a win at the last moment, and getting the "sorry you didn't win...." I'm hoping everyone wins their needed last rounds.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary