Options

Missing Daily KStar Videos - Problem

katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
After some advice, I have decided to post this issue in FAQ/Support section, in hopes that this problem is finally fixed for us. I will try and explain everything here, and will try to keep it as organized as possible. If you are experiencing the same problem, please post in this thread (and your platform) so we can see how far the issues spread.

iOS, newest update

I had to restart my game roughly a year ago due to getting a new device and not being able to transfer my data to the new one. I got between 5-8 free kstar videos every single day for months. Then, all of a sudden I stopped getting them, and had assumed that everyone stopped. I didn't know what caused this at the time, however I've seen several people post that they noticed this when they started buying stars. This does seem to be what happened for me as well, as the videos stopped around that time.

This is frustrating for several reasons. As I have stated in the other thread, it is actually the lack of free daily kstar videos that has made me stop buying stars. I used to buy a package each month to supplement the ones I would earn, enough so that I can participate in the VIPs, SYSs, giftboxes/throwback boxes, etc. However, now that I can hardly earn any stars, I would literally need to purchase like 800 a month, and I just can't justify that. When we are happy with a game, we'll support it sometimes. However, Glu has made it absolutely impossible to fully participate in the game unless you are able to pay over $100 a month (I've done the math in CAD dollars).

I understand that there needs to be some reason for players to want to contribute financially to the game. I think the VIP subscription can be a great idea, giving players access to items that will later be available to everyone, more energy, some monthly kstars, etc. But to have a game where such a HUGE part of it is inaccessible to so many players is NOT OKAY (VIPs, SYSs, giftboxes, throwback boxes, etc.). Daily kstar videos were a great solution to this as they allowed for players to earn stars, and allowed Glu to earn money from advertising.

Some players have stated that they get the videos back after re-installing the game, but I am scared to lose my game. Please look into and fix this issue!
♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 

Comments

• Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I have been playing KKH on the iOS platform for over 2 years. From the time I started playing I was able to earn free stars by watching videos when I clicked the "Get Free Stars" option. At first, every 24 hours I was able to watch 5 videos to earn 5 free stars a day. Then after a period of time the number increased to 6 videos every day .... like clockwork, every 24 hours. Even after I started buying star packs I was able to watch the videos and earn free stars daily, and this was separate from any "Other Offers" that I could also earn stars from if I wanted to complete those offers.

Some time last year, can't remember exactly when, the option was no longer available. I remember there was quite a bit of discussion on threads about this, so obviously people were having the same issue. I also remember that after several weeks of discussion (complaints) we received an update (sorry, not sure specifically which one) and I was suddenly able to get my 6 daily videos again. This lasted a few weeks and then suddenly stopped again. Currently I'm lucky to get 1 video a day, and sometimes none for several days. When I click the "Get Free Stars" option it takes me directly to the "Other Offers" screen, without allowing me to view any free videos.

Hope that was explicit enough to convey my problem. To me, it does not seem to be related to "region" or to buying star packs, at least my specific situation seems that way. I think others are having variations on this problem as well.

As katiealexandraa stated above, I'm happy to purchase star packs to supplement any free stars I can earn from the game, but if I have to purchase ALL the stars I need to participate in VIP, SYS, and purchasing gift boxes, I will not be paying to play.
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I lost the option to watch videos for free KStars when the first time I purchased a star pack (during Black Friday sale last year) Thankfully, I didn't lose it for too long. I just happened to move my game from one device to another then found out the free KStar offer button came back after I reinstalled the game. But I also discovered that the amount of videos I can watch reduced significantly after the purchase. I know it's scary to uninstall / reinstall the game. I took a risk and haven't made any KStar purchase since then cause I don't want to take that risk again.

Katie, If you have an apple computer or laptop that you can back up your game on iTunes, maybe give it a try. (I don't have an apple computer to back up my game on iTunes. I just closed my eyes and prayed for my iCloud would save the game then did it. :p)

I was happier with the game before I purchased star packs. Before then I felt Glu was more generous to players and I was more than happy to support the game I enjoy playing. After the purchase, I feel being tricked. It's like Glu is laughing out loud saying, Got You!! Now you have less videos to watch for KStars and you are hooked to the game. If you want more KStars, put more $ in! I totally agree with you gals, when we are being treated generously, we are happier to spend more money in the game. I'm just hoping the star packs I purchased last year would last much longer .. practicing self-control ... going back to grind more KStars now!! Good luck, Katie, I hope you get your watch video option back soon. :)

** Edit:
    Not trying to prevent anyone from buying star packs. Just sharing my experiences and hoping that this information would help other players to make their decisions.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    I have been playing KKH on the iOS platform for over 2 years. From the time I started playing I was able to earn free stars by watching videos when I clicked the "Get Free Stars" option. At first, every 24 hours I was able to watch 5 videos to earn 5 free stars a day. Then after a period of time the number increased to 6 videos every day .... like clockwork, every 24 hours. Even after I started buying star packs I was able to watch the videos and earn free stars daily, and this was separate from any "Other Offers" that I could also earn stars from if I wanted to complete those offers.

Some time last year, can't remember exactly when, the option was no longer available. I remember there was quite a bit of discussion on threads about this, so obviously people were having the same issue. I also remember that after several weeks of discussion (complaints) we received an update (sorry, not sure specifically which one) and I was suddenly able to get my 6 daily videos again. This lasted a few weeks and then suddenly stopped again. Currently I'm lucky to get 1 video a day, and sometimes none for several days. When I click the "Get Free Stars" option it takes me directly to the "Other Offers" screen, without allowing me to view any free videos.

Hope that was explicit enough to convey my problem. To me, it does not seem to be related to "region" or to buying star packs, at least my specific situation seems that way. I think others are having variations on this problem as well.

As katiealexandraa stated above, I'm happy to purchase star packs to supplement any free stars I can earn from the game, but if I have to purchase ALL the stars I need to participate in VIP, SYS, and purchasing gift boxes, I will not be paying to play.

that has happened to me on several occasions SugarK I've just chalked it up to be that they have now put a limit on the amount of videos we can watch,which is a bummer since i don't plan on wasting the kstars i have or my money. I barely get the video offer for energy, money, or kstars it always takes me to the "other options" after I've watched a certain amount of videos, maybe they have a limit now, idk?

I'd more than likely get the VIP subscription again if they offer us some kstars for free every month.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I bought stars every single Thursday night or Friday morning. And by that, I don't mean any less than $40 worth. Usually more. Way more. But if I can't earn a measly six stars a day, well, no need to spend $60 or $100 every single week, is there? As I've said before, why should I "One hand washes the other" if Glu doesn't want to wash mine, hm?
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I brought this concern to glu, and told them about this thread. I have to try again today. I hadn't been even trying for the stars lately, and yesterday each game got about 5 or 6. So, we'll see what happens if I try again today. I hadn't complained about the stars previously, but I just stopped even trying. Something about hitting your head against the wall, after a while, you should just stop. it feels so much better. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Our developers are aware of this issue and working hard to fix it. Sorry to hear you're affected by it!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    After installing the newest update, I have started to get some daily videos again! Woo! Looks like they are beginning to fix the problem - I hope everyone else starts seeing some soon too!

Thank you for your help (as always) Kalinda!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    That's great Katie. And be sure to keep trying. If you don't get videos, try again in a little while. Check the other offers for any videos. And just because there weren't any earlier, doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Our developers are aware of this issue and working hard to fix it. Sorry to hear you're affected by it!

Appreciated, Kalinda, but can't help mentioning this has been a problem for months and months...a half a year at the least. So obvs not a new prob, and I remember the small talk in the forum with a couple of mods, and the reasons that didn't make any sense and I won't dredge up now. So anyway, yes, good to know people are on it. Thank you again, it's really appreciated. I don't think there's any job you haven't/can't get done, whether it's player issues or game-originated problems. Glu is lucky to have you.

And special thanks to Koko, who instigated attention and kick-started resolution.

We're lucky to have both of you.