Options

Happy Birthday North- Weekend Event 6/15/2017

124Next

Comments

• Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I told myself I didn't want the monkey until I threw a party and Vats was wearing his. 160 stars later and no monkey - he was only in 1 of 3 palettes too! There goes my star savings! I'm down to 75 stars but refuse to open another box because I must show some personal pride LOLOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    why do they keep advertising this if it's NOT gonna give you what it's advertising? :confused:
    Screenshot_2017-06-16-19-37-36_zpsryqbyyzz.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-16-19-38-22_zpswz6fia3b.png
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    160 Kstars later and the pink top is mine. I got carried away!!IMG_2845_1.jpg
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Drama, I love how you're rocking the outfit. Congrats. And I see that adorable little monkey. What's his name? I'm having trouble naming mine. I want to give a nod to the famous monkeys who have been before him, but I cann't decide between Elvis Jackson, Michael Presley or Skippy Bubbles. True, I could give each one a different name, but all my other pets have one name per pet species. Like the reindeer are all rudolf. The cough*chameleon not iguana* Cami, Lhassie the Lhasa Apso To the pug on the plane...Sully (the miracle on the hudson pilot who water landed a commercial jet liner with 291 people standing on the wings while the hudson came alive with all these boats just going and taking on passengers. It was very similar to a scene from the moviePirate Radio, where the boat is sinking, and all the listeners jump into water craft and zoom in to save their fave air personalities and engineers. ) Anyway......what do I name my monkey? or should I break tradition and give each little guy his own name? Oh, and I'm holding off on the other 2 2nd gigs. Do I pick the bird? One game picked the monkey because North loves Monkees according to Kim, but then he backs out and I have no one. What do I do dolls?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Chosing the monkey you'll end up bringing a monkey anyway, so Kim gives you some bonus points, don't remember how many. (30?)
    My brain just isn't working right now..
    Android
  • Options
    Awww thanks, I was nervous. Like "hey, I paid attention. What happened?" lol How are you Doll? Are you enjoying the event? Chase the monkey maybe? lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    I, too, am frustrated like most players this weekend. Against my better judgement, I spent too much money buying k-stars to open boxes to get the monkey only to realize he only showed up once! Only once! Ended up getting the top and skirt but there's no reason why I shouldn't have gotten the monkey as well, seeing as though how many boxes I opened. I guess it's my fault, because I knew these palettes are horrible and decided to do it anyway. Now I definitely know better and won't be chasing anymore gb items from here on out. Just so disheartening. I know I'll never see the monkey again. :(
  • Options
    Screenshot_2017-06-16-10-24-37_20170617003722147.jpg
    Forgot I took a screenshot.
    Android
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I don't know that's wrong with my game. It's not loading properly for me. It tends to get stuck whenever it's uploading smt:mad:

Edit: it started working again. I don't even know what the heck even happened before:confused:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Screenshot_2017-06-16-10-24-37_20170617003722147.jpg
    Forgot I took a screenshot.

giving us the monkey for this was so cruel! I ended up trying my luck again and just got energy ;___;

I'm half tempted to grind for 4 more stars in the free videos to try one last time but then I'm at potential square one with nothing. They already got 200 stars so maybe it's time to quit while I'm behind LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Managed only to get the skirt until now. And then this:

Screenshot_2017-06-17-12-23-13.jpg

Had a bad feeling about this palette, so I didn't open any other boxes. And I was right.

This is simply unacceptable!!!
    Android
  • Options
    I don't know that's wrong with my game. It's not loading properly for me. It tends to get stuck whenever it's uploading smt:mad: Edit: it started working again. I don't even know what the heck even happened before:confused:
    My Androids, once especially has been taking forever to load for about a week or more. I'm hoping the next big update fixes it.
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    giving us the monkey for this was so cruel! I ended up trying my luck again and just got energy ;___; I'm half tempted to grind for 4 more stars in the free videos to try one last time but then I'm at potential square one with nothing. They already got 200 stars so maybe it's time to quit while I'm behind LOL
    If you do try again, let all the stress leave your body and mind. relax, think pleasant thoughts maybe a softly babblinng brook, a sunrise, sit in a comfortable position and picture the monkey in the box your finger is drawn to. Good luck if you try again. I'm thinking monkey monkey monkey monkey (mini chant incase you go back in for it) Monkey monkey monkey monkey
    Managed only to get the skirt until now. And then this: Screenshot_2017-06-17-12-23-13.jpg Had a bad feeling about this palette, so I didn't open any other boxes. And I was right. This is simply unacceptable!!!
    I'm sorry Rumpel. I wish the monkey were the earner pet. I hope if you're not trying any more this time, that you get him in a TB very soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    The monkey or top never even showed up in any of my palettes..
    Android
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    yvFcUxj.png?1

In love with the ernable jacket, the details on it were very well designed!

I'm so sorry that lot of you guys are having trouble to find the monkey.

Make sure to take advantage of North's party to take lots of pics with this sneaky guy!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    When is the anniversary update?
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I haven't been chasing a gift box item for so long (... learned my lesson long ago). Have been hoarding my KStars for something I really really want. So glad I didn't go for the jumpsuit last weekend. Instead I grind lots of KStars and put them to good use this weekend. The double KStar offer makes me feel better about spending so many KStars chasing the monkey.

I feel bad for ppl who didn't even see the monkey in the palette. Come on, Glu! It's North's Birthday event. At least be fair, have four gift box items in the palette if players haven't gotten any gb item yet. Not even a chance to see it in the palette is just terrible!
    On Monday, when Glu sees the report of how many KStars they sold this weekend, they will name the monkey, "Money Maker"!

Did you see the monkey on the billboard in Hollywood? It moves!! :o
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm so angry. After choosing the monkey in the storyline gig I decided it HAD to be mine.

Opened two boxes: event points and the hair
    Monkey was in palette
    Opened three boxes in a new palette: all energy
    Only the skirt was in the palette

I swear....
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Sorry you guys, it felt like Glu made the monkey odds difficult. Both my games had it hard opening giftboxes after giftboxes, after giftboxes, felt like I was possessed. Glu if you're reading, you must be happy this weekend, can you give me my fangs anytime soon? The real sale in the closet, don't make it expensive.
    PM to add
  • Options
    So I tried again and I prayed to GOD, I don't even care about not getting the monkey, I have Topanga the Toucan. I'm just glad that I was able to get an event item. *dances* :)
    Screenshot_2017-06-18-09-13-06_zpslhfaayou.png
  • Options
    I love those shades Lukas, can you model them for us? Pretty Please? :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Done, FINALLY, I think this was probably the most difficult event because the quests to finish North's birthday were extremely too long they should've made them 3 hours NOT 6 hours it's like they didn't want us to finish it UNLESS we spent real money to do so.
    Screenshot_2017-06-18-21-26-37_zpsfp2ae5ya.png
  • Options
    Just woke up at 2.30 am.
    2 1/2 hours before the event finishes.
    That's a sign to try it one more time lol...
    Come on, hair! Top! Monkey!
    Bought 4 more boxes, got lots of energy.. and the monkey!!!

Whoohoo!!!

Have to give up on the hair now, I already spent so much more than I can stomach, you know what I mean. Now I can't sleep.
    Android
  • Options
    Ugh I was so close yet so far :(Screenshot_2017-06-18-19-39-30_zpspdetwnry.png
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Ms. Gorgeous ferocious won the hair:), but Ms. Goody two shoes didn't win jack from her freebie giftbox:(. So this event was a hit & miss for me:confused:.
    62c93a.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    This event was rather hard for me to really focus on because I have gotten a new job and have to be very attentive in that job in order to help clients.
    Hi Koko just as you so nicely asked,
    here's Lucas modelling those shades
    KKH_Screenshot_1497864840987_zpsbieeevwy.jpg
    KKH_Screenshot_1497864846040_zps6cdpfx04.jpg
  • Options
    Love those glasses, Lucas looks cool! 👍
    Android
  • Options
    Yes they go so well with his coloring. And I love the way they look on him. Congratulations on the monkey Rumpel. And I get why the game was more low key for her birthday. After the Paris trauma, it's perfectly understandable to keep things low key. IRL, they went to Chuck E Cheese. She's trying to balance sharing enough for her fans, while still taking back part of her privacy. And.....would her Birthday thread be complete without a birthday picture of this beautiful child? north4thbday.png
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary