Options

My friends can't see my outfits

judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
Why could this be happening? They can't seem to see my most recent outfits.
I'm playing on iOS, my game is completely clean and it was working before. Is there a glitch going around? I saw some friends asking if they could see them in their friends' list.

Thank you for any help!

Edit: She just checked her game again and now she can see me in my most recent outfit and I can see her in hers! :o But does this mean that it might be just the game and/or the internet connection the ones that are a bit slow in how fast the outfits update for us?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. We've been having an issue with friends appearances not updating through facebook as they should. Glu is working on this, the problem is affecting both iOS and Android games. There is no way of knowing if you'll update today, tomorrow or if you just freeze. And, sometimes a slow change is just that, a slow switch, and doesn't mean you'll freeze for sure.

I read somewhere that if you change a facial aspect of your doll it might help trigger a save, so before shutting down, it doesn't hurt to change something. But know they're working on this, should it become a more persistant issue.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi. We've been having an issue with friends appearances not updating through facebook as they should. Glu is working on this, the problem is affecting both iOS and Android games. There is no way of knowing if you'll update today, tomorrow or if you just freeze. And, sometimes a slow change is just that, a slow switch, and doesn't mean you'll freeze for sure.

I read somewhere that if you change a facial aspect of your doll it might help trigger a save, so before shutting down, it doesn't hurt to change something. But know they're working on this, should it become a more persistant issue.

Thank you so much for the reply!
    I'm happy to know that they're working on this :o As I said, it's working pretty good right now so I'm happy about it!

Thank you so much! I always find all the help I need here! :D
  • Options
    You're very welcome.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    You're very welcome.

Hello! It seems to be having problems again because now I can't see anyone's outfit updated.
    I understand they're working on this but is this happening to everyone else, too? Or is it just randomly happening? I'd like to know just to see if I will ever see them updated again, I love the game and that was one of my favorite parts of it, to be able to see what everyone was wearing.

I appreciate the reply and will be waiting for an answer! Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Judith, you have to have faith. I believe with all my heart thst the answer is right around the corner. Google changed things and Androids froze a while ago. When I thought it was hopeless, they rolled out the new Fb platform to connect us with our friends. I know they will come through. They are very smart, and they must take a lot pf satisfaction knowing they've created a game, that strikes the chord of childhood, bringing back that wonderful way we felt about our dolls. It bothers them that a lot of dolls are frozen. What's baffling is I may be frozen in Nai's game, but she isn't neessarily frozen in mine. Then Zoe can see me change, but neither Nai nor I can see Zoe change. But others can. Then Game Center was dropped by Apple, so all the iOS games switched to FB like the Androids, and FB is simply failing for a lot of us. So, once again glu has to come up with a solution. And i do believe the solution will be found and implemented in the near future. And when an impatient person like myself says near future, I mean it.

Try to Faith? (And if this was in General Discussio i stead of FAQ and suoport, i'd pop in the video of george michael performong thst son. Tell you what come on over to the party thread and I'll pull it up for you. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Judith, you have to have faith. I believe with all my heart thst the answer is right around the corner. Goole changed things and Androids froze a while ago. When I thought it was hopeless, they rolled out the new Fb platform to connect us with our friends. I know they will come through. They are very smart, and they must take a lot pf satisfaction knowing they've created a game, that strikes the chord of childhood, bringing back that wonderful way we felt about our dolls. It bothers them that a lot of dolls are rrozen. What's baffling is I may be frozen in Nai's game, but she isn't ne essarily frozen in mine. Then Zoe can see me change, but neither Nai or I can see Zoe change. But others can. Then Game Center was dropped by Apple, so all the iOS gsmes switched to FB like the Androids, and FB is simply failing. So, once again glu has to come up with a soluton. And i do believe the solution will be found and implented in the near future. And when an impatient person like myself says near future, I mean it.

Try to Faith? (And if this was in General Discussio i stead of FAQ and suoport, i'd pop in the video of george michael performong thst son. Tell you what come on over to the party thread and I'll pull it up for you. ;)

Aww haha I will go there, I jsut need to find that party thread and will be there! Thank you so much for your reply, I do think that they're going to solve this issue pretty soon, too! I love this game so much and they're always so kind and nice when I ask them for support, too. Thank you so much!

I just noticed that some friends dissapeared though :( hope they be back soon! Thank you so much for all of your help! :o

Edit: My friends are back and two that I didn't have anymore as a Friend in Facebook (at least one haha) dissapeared so this is nice! Okay, I'm now gone to look for that Party Thread, I'm actually excited to find it! Haha, thank you!
  • Options
    Ok, sounds like your game changes are just happening a little slower. So don't fret. Oh, and you can almost always find the current event thread in the top line of my signature. But here's the link.....https://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?258033-Weekend-Event-6-30-17-3-Cheers-for-the-Red-White-and-Glu!&goto=newpost :) Glad your friends and you are changing again. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, sounds like your game changes are just happening a little slower. So don't fret. Oh, and you can almost always find the current event thread in the top line of my signature. But here's the link.....https://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?258033-Weekend-Event-6-30-17-3-Cheers-for-the-Red-White-and-Glu!&goto=newpost :) Glad your friends and you are changing again. :)

I'm so glad it is! Thank you once again and I'm going to go there right now! Can't wait to join the party! :cool:
  • Options
    kate_kkhkate_kkh Registered Users 172 Posts
    Hello! I can't see anyone's outfit updated for a month already. I tried to re-login, restart my phone but nothing helped. I contacted GLU several times and all that they suggest is to update game to the latest vesrion, restart a device and re-login into facebook. My game is updated, but all of my friends are still frozen. Is there any chance that I can see them updating again?

I would appreciate any help! Thank you in advance!
    KKH player on iOS since february 2017
    Let's be friends! https://www.facebook.com/kate.kkh.900
    #CapForT$
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    kate_kkh wrote: »
    Hello! I can't see anyone's outfit updated for a month already. I tried to re-login, restart my phone but nothing helped. I contacted GLU several times and all that they suggest is to update game to the latest vesrion, restart a device and re-login into facebook. My game is updated, but all of my friends are still frozen. Is there any chance that I can see them updating again?

I would appreciate any help! Thank you in advance!

Me either I've tried just about everything and nothing has worked it'd be so lovely if they'd fix it the same as they did for iOS
  • Options
    Hi. I am xo sorry you didn't get fixed with the majority if the games 2 months ago. The last post here was August. Another player also had this issue last week, I told them what worked for another player, they tried and it worked. So i'm going to suggest you wait for the update. If after that you're still not seeing friends change I'll try to help you then. Again, so sorry Lucas.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    I’ve had this same problem for over a year. My friends in game are wearing extremely old clothes.

Also when I deleted friends from Facebook that were inactive MONTHS ago they still show in my game with their old clothes.

This is super annoying. Any ideas on a fix? I’ve logged in and out of Facebook in the game. Tried a new Facebook and it still retains the “old” friends etc. tried different iPhones etc :(
  • Options
    BETWEEN game Center no longer fully functioning, and Facebook glitching, this is something Glu has been looking into.  I would send a ticket to customer  care, and ask them what the current situaton is  IF THEY WERE ALL ADDED THROUGH game Center, that might be part of it.  Do yiu want to add me, we'll ONLY be connected through FB and kf I'm not changing, then you narrow it down to FB.  There is one selection I can choose from Game Center, and that is too delete every single GC contact.  That is a last resort.  So, either open a ticket with Customer Care (lll/help/glu support) Froam the  menu options top left of your game, or message me with your facenbook add info. Do not put it here, send a pm.

Good luck,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited October 2017
    Kupkakez_ I'm not sure if there is a perfect way to delete FB friends. I've been in both situations where I've deleted someone on FB and they are also removed from my game, but then I'll delete someone else and they stay on. I have no idea why. I don't think it has anything to do with devices, but rather the way the game connects to FB isn't ideal and there are currently no controls in place to properly manage your friends list in case the FB link fails.
  • Options
    Kupkakez_ I'm not sure if there is a perfect way to delete FB friends. I've been in both situations where I've deleted someone on FB and they are also removed from my game, but then I'll delete someone else and they stay on. I have no idea why. I don't think it has anything to do with devices, but rather the way the game connects to FB isn't ideal and there are currently no controls in place to properly manage your friends list in case the FB link fails.
  • Options