Friend fluctuaton ...Half of my friends' list is gone?!

judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
So I just went into my game and I can't see half of my friends, including my husband.
This happened a few times before but what I did was just to close the app from the background and open it again and they would be there, that's not happening right now.

Is this a known glitch? Are my friends going to be back?
I don't want this affecting my relationship with my husband either...

Thank you for any help. <3

Edit: I closed the app from the background a few times, waited a bit and now they're back in. My question is, what could be the reason this happens? Two friends re-started their games and now they're at the bottom because they're new friends I guess, could it be because of that? Because one of them was like doubled-up, like her name was twice and now it's only once and in the correct spot, so could this happen when my list has to like organize itself again?

Will be waiting for an answer, thank you very much! <3

Comments

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I'm glad this got resolved on its own by fully exiting and re-opening the app! It's possible that it could be caused by a weak Internet connection.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    I'm glad this got resolved on its own by fully exiting and re-opening the app! It's possible that it could be caused by a weak Internet connection.

Phew! Thank you so much for your quick reply, Kalinda! <3

I have another question, so sorry to bother you all.
    So I gifted a new friend without inviting her to a gig first so now I have relationship points with her. My question is, will this affect my marriage in some way? Is it better to break up with her? I have like 45 points, it's nothing too big or anything but I'd like to know if it's better to break up with them, if it won't affect my marriage or if there's a way or changing that into social points.

Thank you! <3
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    In my game, the relationship points gained from gifting do not affect the relationship with spouse, as long as you don't ever call them for a date. I have a heart relationship with a friend up to 2300 from gifting and can enter her house in Calabasas but she never called for a date or break up.

But, I would suggest next time, before you gift someone, invite the friend to a gig first before sending gifts so that your relationship will be professional and you can continue to invite them to gigs. You can only change professional relationship to romance relationship but not the other way around. I hope Glu will make it changable or allow us to delete friends and add them back like the way it is with NPCs.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    In my game, the relationship points gained from gifting do not affect the relationship with spouse, as long as you don't ever call them for a date. I have a heart relationship with a friend up to 2300 from gifting and can enter her house in Calabasas but she never called for a date or break up.

But, I would suggest next time, before you gift someone, invite the friend to a gig first before sending gifts so that your relationship will be professional and you can continue to invite them to gigs. You can only change professional relationship to romance relationship but not the other way around. I hope Glu will make it changable or allow us to delete friends and add them back like the way it is with NPCs.

That's good to know! Thank you so much for your reply and for your tip! I will remember it each time I want to gift someone for the first time, I'd love if Glu made it so we can either change the romance to social any time we want or that it could work the same way it works with NPCs, too!

Thank you so much! <3<3
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Also when your friends are missing, you may have to sign in to facebook again. And Angelines advice should be mandatory. Never gift until you've established a professional or romantic relationship. The wrong color top can ruin it. A Friend from another forum started playing, i was so excited to see her, i gave her things, and now we were dating because she liked pink .

I was actually able to rectify that when an update messed uo a lot ot relationships in the game. It knocked some values to zero, so I quickly worked with mislabeled friends, and was able to turn it around. It was a fluke, and the brightside of a bad thing.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Also when your friends are missing, you may have to sign in to facebook again. And Angelines advice should be mandatory. Never gift until you've established a professional or romantic relationship. The wrong color top can ruin it. A Friend from another forum started playing, i was so excited to see her, i gave her things, and now we were dating because she liked pink .

I was actually able to rectify that when an update messed uo a lot ot relationships in the game. It knocked some values to zero, so I quickly worked with mislabeled friends, and was able to turn it around. It was a fluke, and the brightside of a bad thing.

Thank you so much for all of your help! <3
    Hello! I just updated the game but some of my friends are missing now.
    Why could this be happening? Thank you for any help!

Can't wait for the Stories! <3
    Judith, I moved your post out of the Stories discussion and here. I had remembered someone starting a thread last week, so I went to find it, it was your post here. So, you lost your friends, they came back and they disappeared again? A number of people are losing friends, it's a known part of the freeze problem as far as I believe.

ETA: s read back and it did resolve once, I would try the same advice again, see if they come back, but please undersand this is happening to a lot of players. Friends disappearing, freezing in appearance THEN disappearing. Sorry this is happening to you too.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Well, I did ask glu about this, and I'm waiting to hear back.....but I knew it wouldn't stay quiet. Sugar pmd me, told me Apple had changed out of her Winters-whatever dress with the leggings removed. lol.I changed my clothes this morning, and she saw the change immediately. so here goes:
    Holly, l you are back and you are thawed.
    Linda, you are back and you are thawed,

so many outfits have updated to more recent ones, I think most of my friends are thawed as well. I'm wondering if perhaps the people who haven't thawed....Luz, Stellen, Webra, and any other missing friends might not have updated yet?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    And Judith, are you still missing half your friends? I know you got them back last week, but maybe the missing haven't updated yet. Do you have a short list of forum friends who ae missing?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KtinaaviKtinaavi Registered Users 132 Posts
    I've lost mostly all my friends I have just one for now which is my wife. But two or three will pop up and disappear again.
    Kristina

KKH x iOS
    Ok, glu is aware of this, and they're looking into it. I am the voice of experience, that friends being missing off your list, don't mean they won't be back. So breathe a little easier knowing that.

You can try the shutting down and reopening described on the first page, or you can give it time and know that fluctuation is the best way to descirbe it at this time.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, glu is aware of this, and they're looking into it. I am the voice of experience, that friends being missing off your list, don't mean they won't be back. So breathe a little easier knowing that.

You can try the shutting down and reopening described on the first page, or you can give it time and know that fluctuation is the best way to descirbe it at this time.

This is exactly what's happening to me, too. There's a friend that sometimes she's there and then she's not, so she's constantly dissapearing and showing up but I'm so glad Glu is working on this. It makes me extremely happy to know they're looking into it, thank you so much, Koko! :o

I am having a little bug going on right now though, not sure if this is the right thread to post it but I just received a new goal: Fashion Fight and I'm supposed to defeat my rival at a wall-off at Muse in New York. It's not giving the (available soon) option so I went to Soho but Muse is locked up. There's a "Xá" on the left corner and the rewards on the right corner... I just sent a message to Glu through the game but I'd like to know if this is a known bug. I looked it up and it happened to some people, too.

Thank you so much for any help! <3<3
    judithkkh wrote: »
    This is exactly what's happening to me, too. There's a friend that sometimes she's there and then she's not, so she's constantly dissapearing and showing up but I'm so glad Glu is working on this. It makes me extremely happy to know they're looking into it, thank you so much, Koko! :o

I am having a little bug going on right now though, not sure if this is the right thread to post it but I just received a new goal: Fashion Fight and I'm supposed to defeat my rival at a wall-off at Muse in New York. It's not giving the (available soon) option so I went to Soho but Muse is locked up. There's a "Xá" on the left corner and the rewards on the right corner... I just sent a message to Glu through the game but I'd like to know if this is a known bug. I looked it up and it happened to some people, too.

Thank you so much for any help! <3<3

Contacting customer care was the way to go. But next time look for a thread on the s<e topic, or start a new one. If one exists I'll move it. I I'm moving this, and we'll look for any answers. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, on the friends if you are ios and took the bug fix this past Monday by now you should be ok I think. But if it's one friend , did they take the update? if they did and you still have this problem you should contact customer care. If you already did on this issue, please share the end results. But unless it's a compliment, no use of glu employee names.

I separated your other question. I think it's straight now. 8fingers crossed
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, on the friends if you are ios and took the bug fix this past Monday by now you should be ok I think. But if it's one friend , did they take the update? if they did and you still have this problem you should contact customer care. If you already did on this issue, please share the end results. But unless it's a compliment, no use of glu employee names.

I separated your other question. I think it's straight now. 8fingers crossed

Thank you so much!
    Now, I'm sure they did update their game too but it's so weird because that same space where my friend is keeps changing into another names of iOS players I didn't use to see until this latest update.
    I'm going to wait it out a bit, especially with the next update so close to us but if not I will probably contact Customer Care, they're always super helpful! Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it a lot. <3<3
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    Half my friends are also missing from my list. Some from FB and others from here (Jax, Vats and Cherrey) :(
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
    Stefan, I would suggest contacting customer care about it. I'm sorry people are still experiencing this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    Stefan, I would suggest contacting customer care about it. I'm sorry people are still experiencing this.

Okay lemme do that. I really hope they can help! :(
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny