Options

iOS Stories

Comments

• Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I'd be willing to test this on an Amazon tablet if it didn't cost so many k-stars. I'd never be able to save up for VIP events at that rate.
    Platform: Android

• Options
    queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    I'd be willing to test this on an Amazon tablet if it didn't cost so many k-stars. I'd never be able to save up for VIP events at that rate.

Exactly, it's hard enough to save up k-stars so you can buy pets, outfits, babies and transportation and what not. 100 to 125 k-stars is honestly a lot. :(
  • Options
    gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    I think, I get 1.6M+ in a regular 8 hour gig but in the story, I get 700k+ so I don't know why that's a thing.

I'm saying if they didn't make us pay for the next chapter, they should give us stars as a reward for completing the gig in the story, because all you get are the followers and how ever little money and level up you get from the achievement.

I wonder why it's like that? Does it effect your fan gains if you call a, let's say A lister friend instead of a D lister NPC?
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • Options
    genthea wrote: »
    I wonder why it's like that? Does it effect your fan gains if you call a, let's say A lister friend instead of a D lister NPC?

I think if I call anyone, it's either a C or E lister and my gain is always around the same numbers but I don't honestly know.
  • Options
    I think if I call anyone, it's either a C or E lister and my gain is always around the same numbers but I don't honestly know.

Oh okay, thank you so much. Also, thank you for your comments! I'm sure Glu was aware of the feedback they were going to get so I'm sure they'll be working on it to find a middle way. :o
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • Options
    genthea wrote: »
    Oh okay, thank you so much. Also, thank you for your comments! I'm sure Glu was aware of the feedback they were going to get so I'm sure they'll be working on it to find a middle way. :o

Kalinda just private messaged me, thanking me for my feedback then asked me about where I end up when I leave the game.
  • Options
    YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    I got Stories too. I think the design is very neat and the stories seem cool and well thought out. However, I'm just not paying 25 k stars to play a new level. It's too expensive for my taste. If Glu were to give us the option to choose between spending K Stars and cash, I'd be more likely to complete the stories.
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
  • Options
    I just finished another chapter of a different story and I realized that you can wait a week and get the next chapter for free or you can do the chapter right after you finish one for 25 k-stars.

Wish it was less than a week but I'd rather wait than spend k-stars.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    was there an announcement or timer Dani?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    was there an announcement or timer Dani?

It looks like this...
    IMG_2739.png

So I assumed that you could play right now and have to pay or you could wait a week and play for free.
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    I knew it was too good to true. Twenty-Five k-stars just to continue on and eight-hour projects in addition to the flood of eight-hour projects you get with normal gameplay. Sounds like a blast. Luckily I have XXX which is so much better than kkh. The only thing I want to read is Vital Signs, my doll can't have the pilot but maybe, just maybe she can have the doctor. Then again knowing how sloppy these storylines are in this game I am not holding my breath.

Edit by koko....removed other game rerence and replaced it with Xxx. Please don't reference other games . Thanks so much.
    :D
  • Options
    eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    now that i have gotten to play the first chapter of the count's story and started the other two i have feedback.

pros:

❤ the stories are better in quality than the regular stories. our doll seems to be more active in the stories by giving them thought bubbles and stuff, not to mention that they're adding new scenes like the moving car and the count's castle.

❤ fan numbers being more favorable is always a good thing. i've already reached the top limit of fans the game allows for now so i don't see any difference, but still, it's a good thing.

❤ it's great that the stories are separate from the "regular" storyline and that we can leave whenever we want as well as being able to wait before we start the gigs.

❤ i can get behind the idea of waiting a certain amount of time to unlock the next chapter for free.

cons:

✝ i understand the idea behind gigs being 8 hours long, i guess to make the stories last longer, but when you have a midweek event, with the weekend event going on, it kinda makes you lose time in a sense because the timer in the stories gigs doesn't stop. i spent half of yesterday playing the stories gigs and while it was enjoyable, i couldn't earn stars for the midweek event. like it sounds like a first world problem being all "ugghh i have sooo many things to plaaay" but if you're gonna give us this option, you should make the gigs last less.

✝ i really do not appreciate the fact that i have to pay 25 kstars to pass onto the next chapter. cool, i get to have the dress or the doctor coat, but i'm basically buying them for 100 kstars, and this may not be an issue for people with hacked games or people who can spare some cash for kstars, but not all of us buy kstars or have hacked games either. all my kstars have been earned in-game through videos and boxes except for like three times i bought itunes cards like 2 years ago. i'm not spending my kstars on the stories because honestly like... the clothes aren't that good lmao. the dress is cute but it's not something we haven't seen before either, and the shading is not worth 100 kstars.

✝ while i would get behind the idea of waiting a certain amount of time to unlock the chapter for free, i wouldn't really make it a week.
    i'm gonna talk about that app that was mentioned before for the sake of context and feedback as well as other games who have a similar mechanic.

the -beep- app works with passes and gems. gems are the premium currency which are the equivalent to kstars. there's also two types of stories: stories made by -beep- and user made stories. the former are usually the ones that require gems while the rest require passes, and when you run out of them you also have to wait to get them refilled for free. it's 3-4 hours i think.

now, i mention this because like genthea, i got the impression they were trying to kinda take that idea and apply it to the game, but i feel like they're going about it the wrong way.

in reality it feels like you're getting more drawbacks as a player. it's either you pay or wait a -week- to get to the next chapter for an item that's either a costume or a rehash of that khloe's red dress she wears sometimes.

i get you want to make profit because well yeah it's meant to be a win/win situation, but if you're taking the idea from -beep-, you have two viable options to what you're currently offering:

1- you give us passes or tickets. a pack of say, 5 tickets, costs you 25 kstars that you can use in any story to open the next chapter.
    obviously this would require you to write more chapters in stories for it to be convenient. in a certain korean otome (otome is the genre) app, the stories ran in real time, and it was basically as if you were truly messaging with a real person, so it was dynamic and fun, but they also gave the option of paying x amount of gems to unlock a full story path or fasten the storyline.

2- shorten the amount of time we have to wait to play the next chapter. in otome games it's usually 24 hours before your tickets get refilled and you can keep playing. like i said before, in -beep- it's 3-4 hours and they also give you the option to buy packs of passes. some of their stories are even pass free, which are usually short stories like the kardashian reality show story, with three chapters.

so, i feel like for this to work and taking other apps with this kind of mechanic, passes would work better than kstars. also maybe shrinking the tasks bars. maybe put all the tasks in one ribbon like the stories option appears on screen? it's kinda getting cluttered with the event icons and stuff.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • Options
    LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Oh this sounds like exactly my jam, I'd rather pay stars for stories than items. I hope this gets rolled out to the rest of us soon!
  • Options
    It looks like this...
    IMG_2739.png

So I assumed that you could play right now and have to pay or you could wait a week and play for free.

I'm not getting that message in my game. Doesn't say anything.
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I would like the option to test it on Amazon if it becomes on option. Waiting a week is boring but at least I don't absolutely have to use up K-stars then. Especially since with 2 of the boxes I got this week were 25 and 40 k-stars. I'm saving for the next VIP event where I actually want all of the items.
    Platform: Android

• Options
    egg wrote: »
    1- you give us passes or tickets. a pack of say, 5 tickets, costs you 25 kstars that you can use in any story to open the next chapter.
    obviously this would require you to write more chapters in stories for it to be convenient. in a certain korean otome (otome is the genre) app, the stories ran in real time, and it was basically as if you were truly messaging with a real person, so it was dynamic and fun, but they also gave the option of paying x amount of gems to unlock a full story path or fasten the storyline.

I really like this idea, makes more sense than paying 25 stars for one chapter.
  • Options
    I would like the option to test it on Amazon if it becomes on option. Waiting a week is boring but at least I don't absolutely have to use up K-stars then. Especially since with 2 of the boxes I got this week were 25 and 40 k-stars. I'm saving for the next VIP event where I actually want all of the items.

I'd much rather save 100 to 125 k-stars then spend them on stories.
  • Options
    Also, I realized you don't get an outfit with the 1st story so you're wasting 50 k-stars by unlocking chapter 2 and 3.
  • Options
    I really don't know. Kalinda had to look at my game a minute ago.

ohhh okay. maybe it's because it's a test feature still.
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    It looks like this...
    IMG_2739.png

Mine (message board) doesn't show the wait time? I would rather wait than paying KStars.
    I hope that will be an option for all players. Or the amount of KStars we pay to speed up to the next chapter can be reduced throughout time, like how we wait for the result for SYS event. Players can choose how soon they want to do the next chapter and how much we are willing to pay to speed it up.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    Mine message board doesn't show the wait time? I would rather wait than paying KStars.
    I hope that will be an option for all players. Or the amount of KStars we pay to speed up to the next chapter can be reduced throughout time, like how we wait for the result for SYS event. Players can choose how soon they want to do the next chapter and how much we are willing to pay to speed it up.

I think it only shows up when you finished a chapter, I had a problem with my game so Kalinda looked at it but maybe it will show up later, I honestly don't know
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    I've been playing a lot and I agree, the cost is a bit steep but I'm alright with it. What really bothered me is the 8 hour gigs. They are super difficult to complete as they actually require even more energy than your usual 8 hour gig. I would love if they were 3 hours instead.

All in all, I'm having a pleasant experience, the story lines themselves are so well thought of and engaging and I hope they come with more surprises and rewards with time because it's so exciting to have something to look forward too, whilst enjoying the actual experience in itself.
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Mine message board doesn't show the wait time? I would rather wait than paying KStars.

I agree, Angeline! We should have the option, similar to SYS, where you can choose to pay the 25 stars to play the next chapter right away OR wait until the timer expires a bit to pay less stars to play, OR wait until the timer expires completely to play the next chapter for free.

I think this would make it more viable for all players, regardless of their level or amount of stars they have.
  • Options
    Amilicious wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot and I agree, the cost is a bit steep but I'm alright with it. What really bothered me is the 8 hour gigs. They are super difficult to complete as they actually require even more energy than your usual 8 hour gig. I would love if they were 3 hours instead.

All in all, I'm having a pleasant experience, the story lines themselves are so well thought of and engaging and I hope they come with more surprises and rewards with time because it's so exciting to have something to look forward too, whilst enjoying the actual experience in itself.

My 8 hour gigs in the story, take around the same amount of energy as a regular 8 hour gig, I normally use 2 and a half bars of energy.
  • Options
    SugarK wrote: »
    I agree, Angeline! We should have the option, similar to SYS, where you can choose to pay the 25 stars to play the next chapter right away OR wait until the timer expires a bit to pay less stars to play, OR wait until the timer expires completely to play the next chapter for free.

I think this would make it more viable for all players, regardless of their level or amount of stars they have.

As of right now, it's been 3 hours and the 25 stars haven't gone down but I'll be able to tell more tomorrow as a whole day has passed.
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    It looks like this...
    IMG_2739.png

Hmmm there is no timer in my game... it just says 'play now 25 K-stars'??
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    It looks like this...
    IMG_2739.png

see, I knew they would find a middle way. This is much better & makes more sense. Altough I don't have the timestamp on my game, since we're a testing group, it's highly possible that this is one of the features they're testing.
    What really bothered me is the 8 hour gigs. They are super difficult to complete as they actually require even more energy than your usual 8 hour gig. I would love if they were 3 hours instead.

I also realized that it takes longer to complete than a normal 8 hour gig, maybe it's because we don't get to invite friends of it's because of the venues but yeah, it's slightly longer.
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    So far I've finished what was available of the Real Stars aka 3 chapters and I got a to be continued message. No reward as of now, but if I can suggest something, it would be great if we'd get an item that one of the kardashians are wearing out of it. I've always loved Kylie's hair, the log one with the blue ombre and it would be such a fitting reward imo.

Started the count story as well, and oh my god, I'm never taking the red dress off haha!
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    I love the concept, I mean we have these beautiful celeb dolls, shouldn't we be having exciting side stories! I swear all I do is gigs and go on dates haha! Give me some drama glu!!!!
  • Options
    So far I've finished what was available of the Real Stars aka 3 chapters and I got a to be continued message. No reward as of now, but if I can suggest something, it would be great if we'd get an item that one of the kardashians are wearing out of it. I've always loved Kylie's hair, the log one with the blue ombre and it would be such a fitting reward imo.

Started the count story as well, and oh my god, I'm never taking the red dress off haha!

I don't think you get a reward for Real Stars because it doesn't talk about a reward in the description like the other 2 stories do.