Options

Glu Forum News

KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
Hey guys,

We have some big news! We're upgrading the entire forum website on Monday to a new platform that will have more features and a new look.

There's a notice posted here: https://ggnbb.glu.com/announcement.php?f=176

Kalinda
#VIPKalinda
http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Hey Kalinda, will we be able to change our forum names with the new forum? Or do our log-ins stay the same?

(I would love to delete the "Chic" before Charlotte and be CharlotteHollywood if possible.. or CharlotteKKH.. )
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for posting this, otherwise would think we're on another forumcalypse!

Hope the brown layout goes away! XD

Can't wait to see the new features! Hope to see new emojis!:D

If you decide to introduce like/dislike buttons, hope we get to see who took those actions. Would hate anonymous people downvoting me TBH. Can't stand cowardice.

Oh and a post from GluAdmin! Haven't seen them in ages! Gosh just came to my mind those funny edits with their profile face. Good times!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Your account info should remain the same.

Take screenshots for the next #TBT
    #VIPKalinda
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Perhaps we'll get an update to storing messages in our inbox folders? I'm always in a panic that I'm at my limit and people think I'm ignoring messages I can't receive, rofl. *millennial anxiety*
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I hope we will be able to load pictures directly to the forum!
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Very interesting Kalinda. Any spoilers about what the new forum format will bring?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    I hope we will be able to load pictures directly to the forum!

That, along with new emojis, would be amazing!
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Welcome to the new Glu Forums! I'm excited to hear your first impressions once you see what's new here.

Now you can do cool things like...
    • upload images directly, instead of posting to another site first
    • tag other users so they'll be notified (@name)
    • use emojis
    • view your conversation history in your private messaging inbox
    • quickly react to posts at the bottom (ex. Disagree, Agree, Like, LOL)
    Unfortunately, our old avatar pictures couldn't be transferred over, but who doesn't love posing for pictures? Take a new one in celebration of the new forums and show it off for everyone to see!

We're eager to hear what you think of our new site. Please share your feedback with us once you've looked around and tried it out! 
    #VIPKalinda
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Welcome to the new Glu Forums! I'm excited to hear your first impressions once you see what's new here.

Now you can do cool things like...
    • upload images directly, instead of posting to another site first
    • tag other users so they'll be notified (@name)
    • use emojis
    • view your conversation history in your private messaging inbox
    • quickly react to posts at the bottom (ex. Disagree, Agree, Like, LOL)
    Unfortunately, our old avatar pictures couldn't be transferred over, but who doesn't love posing for pictures? Take a new one in celebration of the new forums and show it off for everyone to see!

We're eager to hear what you think of our new site. Please share your feedback with us once you've looked around and tried it out! 
    Thanks Kalinda! One quick question, how do we upload pictures directly to the site? Maybe I’m dumb haha but I don’t see the option to do that, it still asks for a url 
    KKH iOS player ✨

• Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited October 2017
    Welcome back everyone!  :)   So, our old messages are no longer accessible?  
  • Options
    eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    AListJacey said: Thanks Kalinda! One quick question, how do we upload pictures directly to the site? Maybe I’m dumb haha but I don’t see the option to do that, it still asks for a url 
    Do you see this?

You get an option of choosing a file or pasting in a URL.
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • Options
    Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    edited October 2017
    This will take me some time to getting used to but it looks very clean with the white background but like others have said the comments section is so confusing I feel like I'm reading one long post because of the way its organized right now. 
    Just a quick question for our profile pictures is the limit still 125x125?? and I LOVE the badges feature gotta collect them all ;PP
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    eggsandbananas said:
    AListJacey said: Thanks Kalinda! One quick question, how do we upload pictures directly to the site? Maybe I’m dumb haha but I don’t see the option to do that, it still asks for a url 
    Do you see this?

Hey @eggsandbananas! take a look at mine... I only have the option to post an image via the url. 
    ***nvm I can't figure it out using the "image URL" and the old way doesn't work anymore.  :'(:'(:'(
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/6SPSQVV.png[/img]

• Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited October 2017
    I am in the same boat as Ladouce Femme, just a URL, but no choose files option
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    O M G! I'm not sure what I just did but my post regarding about the photos is now gone. Is it because I tried to edit is so much? It gave me a little notification on the left corner on how it has to be reviewed...  :#:#:# (what does the timer that goes down mean on the edit section?)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm trying to figure it all out myself.  I'm in the midst of tryig to change my signature.  It's going to be a loooooong nigh.t.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    I like the new look of forum but it will take some getting use to.
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Do you see this?

Ah my problem could be that I only ever use mobile web. For me, there is only the “image url” part, but no “choose files” 

edit: is there a way to turn off mobile mode? Seems like it might help 
    KKH iOS player ✨

• Options
    O M G! I'm not sure what I just did but my post regarding about the photos is now gone. Is it because I tried to edit is so much? It gave me a little notification on the left corner on how it has to be reviewed...  :#:#:# (what does the timer that goes down mean on the edit section?)
    I have to find the thing to put it through.  I saw it, then well, who knows what happened. and now I can't find it. lol.  But it will be here. hang on.  was it in this thread?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    It’s through now. I found where it was hiding as put it through doll. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I don't have the 'choose file' option too! I find out that there is 'hidden' emojis like these:dizzy::cold_sweat::tired_face:, perhaps the colors codes are hidden too? Need to learn to post videos as well...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
     <3 I always hate the time in between somethinf new  launching and me mastering the use of it lol! But I’ll get there! So far the interface is so much cleaner and I love how there’s not page 1 page 2 etc 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I saw your comments about editing posts and asked our web guy to adjust the settings. Please let us know if it works for you now! (test ladouce was here) test 1 2 3
    #VIPKalinda
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I saw your comments about editing posts and asked our web guy to adjust the settings. Please let us know if it works for you now! (test ladouce was here)
    O MG! I'm glad that you guys brought the endless editing feature back to our comments but it looks like the web guy has accidentally over done it! I just edited @KalindaKing post and it saved.. needs to be fixed ASAP just wanted to point it out :o:o:#
  • Options
    MayrilinMayrilin Registered Users 41 Posts
    I noticed too. You also can edit the thread title
  • Options
    I've notified him about editing! Hopefully it can get resolved soon.
    #VIPKalinda
  • Options
    New update to the forum based on your requests: now you can customize your posts using BBCode. That means you can change font colors again!

Example: test
    #VIPKalinda
  • Options
    For colors type [*color=#BBCColorCodeHere]type your message [*/color]
    Delete the *s I put in there and replace BBCColorCodeHere something like #BA55D3 or something. for example

I will screenshot the code and paste it underneath so you can see it. <3
    6ypzd1jrn9wo.png
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    LOVING THE ADDITION OF COLOURS!! <3
  • Options
    JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    edited October 2017
    i love typing in colours!  this was a really nice addition.
    iOS platform