Weekend Event 10/27/17 - Halloween 2017 - Let's Play Dress Up and Ring Door Bells!

Comments

• eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    let us get spoopy this h a l l o w e e n
    zEEDJ_.gif
    i was praying the gold costume was earnable but there was this thought in the back of my head that was like "naaah it's too pretty" and here we are.
    i will be gone for the weekend so i guess it's a one day grind situation for me.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    My Milan dog and my San Francisco pig are both untappable. They were working yesterday. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited October 2017
    We didn’t get any new backgrounds for holidays last year. And I’m sorry but I don’t know how we got them in 2014 & 2015. unfortunately Iwe didn't Have a Halloween event thread for 2014 still very new then maybe spmeone could look for threads from about that time? Halloween of 2014 and see if there’s anything there that explains how we got it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    I’m so excited oh my god! Wonder Woman tiara for boys as well!! hell yes! Superheroes for everybody, Wonder Woman for everybody <3  

thanks Kalinda and Glu! can’t wait for tomorrow 
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    egg wrote: »
    yeah, the past halloween backgrounds were added after the events happened.

ahhh thank you so much @egg! okay, I'm very excited about all of this! <3
    @genthea this is what I was talking to you about, isn't it great? ?

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    We didn’t get any new backgrounds for holidays last year. And I’m sorry but I don’t know how we got them in 2014 & 2015. unfortunately Iwe didn't Have a Halloween event thread for 2014 still very new then maybe spmeone could look for threads from about that time? Halloween of 2014 and see if there’s anything there that explains how we got it.

https://communities.glu.com/kim-kardashian-hollywood/discussion/comment/6441193/#Comment_6441193

judithkkh wrote: »
    yeah, the past halloween backgrounds were added after the events happened.

ahhh thank you so much @egg! okay, I'm very excited about all of this! <3
    @genthea this is what I was talking to you about, isn't it great? ?

no problem! c:
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    edited October 2017

i remember the backgrounds were added after the events happened. at least that's how it's happened with the easter/st. patrick's/christmas ones.
    we didn't really have to do anything to get them as far as i can recall. god it's been so long since i started to play this game lmao.
    edit: some may have required you to complete the weekend storyline, tho.
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    My Milan dog and my San Francisco pig are both untappable. They were working yesterday. 

I asked the team to check this. Is anyone else experiencing an issue?
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    edited October 2017
    I’ve been wearing all the costumes all week, making sure I got everything in, there’s just so many! All the ones I’ve had from previous years; the mermaid and Red Riding Hood I got over time in tb boxes; and my SMCs...there’s tons, literally tons! I did change a bunch of times though, I admit; and two different gowns for a gig during the week—(otherwise isabeau showed up in some very odd places for a Halloween costume!)—we finally had another ball! There’s so many gorgeous ball gowns and ball-and-major-event appropriate dresses, I *need* more occasions to dress my doll in them! Black tie affairs would be good, galas, weddings, awards shows, all kinds of things. I have some really funny screenshots with my doll holding the pumpkin goblet/fish bowl-type goblet thing—wondering what kind of yummmm alcoholic Halloween beverage might be in it at any given time. Also I love the wand(!!!) and all the handhelds, actually. It’s just yeah, screenshots because sadly they don’t show up in the photo booth, and besides, as I started to say above, some of them ended up looking just hilarious, a stone-faced non-moving doll in costume or just dressed in all kinds of outfits, holding that pumpkin! Too funny. I need to start posting pics again. Nevertheless, I lurveeeee all the handhelds and can’t wait for more. And this weekend event more—yayyyyy!! Anyway, now that isabeau has happily worn every single costume (this year’s warrior woman and superheroe costumes—more love because so cool, right up my alley, and amazing artwork, thank you, Glu!); and the SMCs were a *must*; oh, plus those super pretty purple heels go with so much else!—and of course her black, lacy masquerade mask—from head to toe, and the cute black cat ensemble she practically lived in last year, in her closet—I have to say I finally caved and did *not* buy some things I totally don’t want. It’s so unlike me because I like to have everything; but one outfit in the pop-up shop (love the pop-up shops! I always buy everything, and also, what a great idea! Who doesn’t love it??), The Dragon Princess, and Cleopatra in the closet, I just couldn’t. Not too thrilled with the zombie bride(?), forget what she’s called, but got it anyway. But those other two, sadly, I had to take a pass on them. They just aren’t isabeau. But without an accompanying Jack-o’-lantern dingbat, I guess Cleopatra and her hair must be there to stay. I need to get that crown Kalinda’s doll is wearing. Tonight I think. Still thinking about that third, Dragon one in the pop-up shop though, because collecting costumes, and just a sick, sick doll who wants to be sure to have just everything. But no matter how many times I look at it, it just doesn’t suit my doll, it’s just a no. Maybe the event will kick-start those missing costume purchases. Don’t know what to do, don’t know what to do! The Dragon Princess and Cleopatra, ah, eh, meh, meh. But anyyyywayyyy, wore all the costumes so I could wear the new event ones all weekend. Yay, Halloween event!! Waiting, waiting, waiting for the decorations! Loving having Kim’s birthday decos all week though! Oh! The guys’ GBs are killer! Hey, I was thinking earlier about all the Xmas GBs!*

* Sorry this is so long (and not reread for spelling or sense!). See? This is why Koko and Kalinda never get my messages. They’re always so freaking epic I have to delete them. Torturing people is prolly just plain barbaric.  :/:o
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edit: some may have required you to complete the weekend storyline, tho.

ooh! okay yes definitely and thank you once again for all of your help! <3 ahh I can't wait for tomorrow, I've been doing gigs lately because I had way too many haha and I'm trying to work for my second comeback so a professional event is very nice to have and what's even nicer is that the theme is Halloween! can't can't wait! <3

• GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    When you look this good, you gotta seize every opportunity to do a photo shoot. Happy Halloween!

es6o6i3puhqz.png
    dwgt83vdzoz9.png
    x7nnyb6kaz1i.png
    9expqyho7e42.png
    Omg the earnable is so cute ? thanks queen 

• SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts

Yes! My Calabasas dog is untappable as well. It was working this morning. More than 4 hours have passed since I tapped it, and all my other pets were working as well so the Calabasas dog should work as well.
    I also have the dog in Milan and mine was tappable. Don't own the San Fransisco house so don't know about that one.
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers

-------

Yes! My Calabasas dog became untappable suddenly. It worked this morning. More than 4 hours passed and all my other pets (including Milan dog) do work.
    I tried to post this via my computer but it said that my comment had to be approved first? I never had this issue, is something wrong with my account? 

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties

Yes! My Calabasas dog is untappable as well. It was working this morning. More than 4 hours have passed since I tapped it, and all my other pets were working as well so the Calabasas dog should work as well.
    I also have the dog in Milan and mine was tappable. Don't own the San Fransisco house so don't know about that one.

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties

-------

Yes! My Calabasas dog became untappable suddenly. It worked this morning. More than 4 hours passed and all my other pets (including Milan dog) do work.
    I tried to post this via my computer but it said that my comment had to be approved first? I never had this issue, is something wrong with my account? 

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    @isabeau I so miss those long much encompassing messages. I am a big Dennis Miller fan. I don'the know if that means anything to you, but your notes are like that, and I love them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited October 2017
    Calabasas gave energy when tapped. So did ios.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    edited October 2017
    My Milan dog was untappable after getting the mini-loading screen earlier this afternoon. I hadn't visited that pet yet today so I know it wasn't due to the 4-hour pet cooldown. I was able to tap him just now though, a few hours later. This always seems to happen to several of my pets in the hours after installing a major update, but I don't think I've seen it with a weekend mini-load before. (iOS)

Really hoping I win those awesome curved horns in my free GB! The GB dress is wonderful, too. Beautiful color and the tulle is a nice touch.

The men's GB costume is also really cool. I especially like the bird skull with the purple glow topping the cane.

Edit: Oh, and I meant to say! Fantastic thread opener, @kokokokonut !
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

There is so much that I love but I think I need it all. LOL I love the golden shoes the other golden shoes in the wardrobe that we can buy the shorts I like those two Cleopatra outfit I didn’t realize she was Cleopatra no on the eyes yes on the dress is not sure if I’m feeling the hair but I really with Isabel if it’s a costume I have to have it but I’m torn I’m not sure about the dragon dress. The dragon’s orange, orange doesn’t fit in a purple world. So after Halloween, I can’t really carry it. But I’ll probably succumb. <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I'm not a fan of halloween but OMG that voodoo priest for guys is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! and the female gb items, is Maleficent the inspiration? Anyways, it'll be a fun weekend. I'm curious to see how the storyline goes :smiley:
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    SugarK said:

I'm not a fan of halloween but OMG that voodoo priest for guys is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! and the female gb items, is Maleficent the inspiration? Anyways, it'll be a fun weekend. I'm curious to see how the storyline goes :smiley:

His name is shadow man and he was on that film the princess and the frog he's also based on a real person who was named the shadow man that lived in New Orleans years ago who did voodoo. I guessed right with Maleficient, I hope I win something my luck has been pretty bad lately, lol.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    @KalindaKing
    Will the Halloween costumes that we have not purchased disappear from our closet after Halloween? I want to buy them but prefer to wait to VIP.

THANKS
    Holly
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    astray said:

SugarK said:

His name is shadow man and he was on that film the princess and the frog he's also based on a real person who was named the shadow man that lived in New Orleans years ago who did voodoo. I guessed right with Maleficient, I hope I win something my luck has been pretty bad lately, lol.
    Oh, I do remember that character from the Princess and the Frog movie :smiley:
  • carleighcarleigh Registered Users 55 Posts
    Omg !! The earnable outfit!! You guys have been really stepping up your game. Hopefully, it continues!
    IOS :)
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    goodbye Kstars, I badly want that gb dress and raven. I wonder if the necklace sparkles. I also love the earnable outfit, it's def different
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • kmtthatkmtthat Registered Users 46 Posts
    Super into the earnables and love the GB dress! So glad it’s a professional weekend too. Woooo!
    iOS player
    Level 31
    A++
    Not adding friends until I complete my third comeback!
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    After the last couple of disasters from chasing, I absolutely can’t chase this time, but gosh I really hope my free gb is one of the items! The horns and the raven are so cool, and the dress is lovely too. 

Im thrilled the gold outfit is an earner, it looks so awesome! When we saw sneak peeks of it in the past, I was sure it would be a gb set so this is a pleasant surprise.  

Im actually jealous of the male outfits for once! They both look great. I wish my NPC husband could dress up that cool ? the super hero outfit is to die for 
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    i'm gonna have to stay awake until 4 am to start the grinding with reality shows.
    by the way, when does skylar's show stop getting viewers? the fact it always gets bumped 1 million above mine only makes me hate her more lmao.
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Oh my lord, the horns! The wings! The dresses  <3 very impressive.

I'm really looking forward to this weekends event (and seeing what's happening next with the Prague storyline!)