☆☆KK:H Weekday Event 11/13/2017 - The Wait for Black Friday is ON!

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    @Lii guess all those answers came to me naturally since I'm such a fantasy geek lol

I bought the kash 'classic' suit for Carter and he show up at the photobooth with this ridiculous brown outfit that guys got on an event a while ago. But I had to pay for the limo, Vats deserved that ride!

@AmeliaKKH it starts at 8am in Brazil. Girl you just went 'he who must not be named' here, citing that traumatizing event!!!! Let's not talk to loud about it or Glu can summon that bish again! :no_mouth::D

Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited November 2017
    Good that Glu also added many businesses for us to do. I never really need Simon's side gigs. Maybe it's because I have two dolls. Two sets of businesses, storylines, events to do. This game definitely keeps me busy. ?
    isabeau said:

No, Simon’s side gigs don’t pay out event points. When I have no gig on the task list, I usually accept one of the side gigs just to make him stop calling. But there’s no point of doing Simon’s side gigs.

The only thing about the side gigs is...they give us something to do when we’re at a high enough level that there’s nothing else *to* do, and also important, they add to your Achievements—if you have any, or even just a few, left. I prefer to drag out my new updates gigs to the side gigs, and just like you, yeah, I always have one waiting to be done so Simon won’t keep calling me. But I really think the side gigs are important to be there. I do do them when I have nothing else—even with owning every business in the game, you still run out of things to do, it gets soooo boring. I finished the iOS STORIES a month or two ago also, so I don’t even have that left. And they’re also good, when you have nothing else to do, during five-star weekend and weekday events, like right now.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Wow, I'm having great luck so far with my boxes -- 25 K-stars in my first and a bag (the one worn below) in my second. I spent the K-stars on this cute hairstyle Maria just offered as a luxe goal:

What a relief. I got energy in all three of my black/gold boxes last midweek, and energy in my free palettes for several weekends in a row now. I would've really groused if that streak of bad luck continued.

I'm going to go warm up with some coffee. Brrr. I'll brew some for all of you, too, and pass around some gingersnaps.

iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yes, 2 games bought the classic suit for the kid then everything started going sour once it called it humdrum. So for the third game I told him to go wear whatever he had. He showed up in the same brown outfit whether I paid $3,500 or I didn't pay anything. The fool wore the same damn suit. Hey maybe they're giving us something really really really spectacular for Black Friday and so theyre asking us to dig a little deeper? Just play how you're comfirtable.
    Cmon, think Black Friday Holiday Goodness.

Mmmmmm ginger snaps thank you.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    It’s just so rubbish that every storyline now wants stars. I know it sounds lame but I hate getting patronising, bad feedback when I’ve grinded to get 5 stars on a gig but because I didn’t spend stars to invite someone or buy some rando a suit, I get serious shade from Maria or Simon! It makes me not enjoy the game. The thing is, the ‘reward’ when you actually DO spend stars is non existent - no stars back, no limited items or anything. Like maybe it could be spend stars but you’ll get this awesome prom dress or invite Kim and get her available to co star in a gig. No way am I paying out stars for storylines when the only payback is a less sarcastic comment from Simon and a tiny bit more K kash (that is basically worthless now anyway as everything new costs stars!!) 
    maybe im just extra bitter today because so far I’ve only gotten energy in my boxes and the last two throwback boxes I opened were hideous earrings  :'(:'(
    iOS player 
    level 69
    Oh, I'm sorry you had that disappointment. But, hey, it's not to long till Black Friday, and I know they'll have some surprises in store. And each year has been better than the one before. Oh, and the holiday decorations, I'm moving my holiday cheer over to the Sugarplum thread, but hang in there, you can't get the same undesirable gift twice, and your next prize will have to be better for you right? <3
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LunchmeatlipsLunchmeatlips Registered Users 87 Posts
    Lii said:
    @Vats in that case at least that is possible. I’m not a native speaker and I also don’t really care about the fantasy genre so I don’t actually know what the words mage and rogue really mean and I don’t care enough to find out. :D Maybe the repetition is just for people that are into the fantasy roleplay aspect and you get a good ending either way? I‘ll find out and report back! I also continued the investment storyline where Maria called me to invite Kylie for 3 KStars... yay :unamused:
    I did the investment storyline and invited Kylie for the 3 stars to see if I’d get a better payout. The next gig Maria asked me to invite Kim for 2 stars. I declined that one. After the gig was over, Maria called and said something like “you did an amazing job, but as always there’s room for improvement..here’s your reward!” I thought WTF!!! You had to throw in the shady line about improvement?!?! Aka I could pay more kstars to this greedy ass game?!?!?!?!? F@ck!!!!!!!!! The pay out for the investment was 4000 kash. No k stars, of course. 
    I did take a screenshot of what Maria said. Aka, GIVE US STARS!!!!!
    ✧♡✧ platform: iOS & Android✧♡✧

✧♡✧ level: 30 ✧♡✧

✧♡✧ keepin' it Kardashian ✧♡✧
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I’ve never seen that Who Wore it Best event and clothes. Do you recall when it happened @AmeliaKKH ? I’ve been playing KKH for about 3 years and didn’t think I’d ever missed an event.

I really wish they would add new items to the TB boxes. I haven’t had any to open in several weeks. While I do get 20gc as a replacement for a TB box, I feel that’s insufficient compensation since TB boxes cost 60gc.

@KalindaKing I hope Glu is paying attention to how unhappy everyone is about Glu incorporating GC payments in the storylines. Having to give up kash or energy in order to have a successful outcome in the task is annoying but having to give up GC is completely unacceptable. Even an amount as small as 2gc is insulting. Most players find it repulsive for Glu to require GC payment in order to have a positive outcome in a storyline.

While we are on the topic of GC, I was analyzing how I spend my GC and kash now versus when I started playing the game. I have never had any hack and have definitely spent over $1500 on KKH in the 3 years I’ve played. In the beginning I bought every house, completely furnished the houses, and bought every pet. As prices went up, I stopped furnishing my new houses but I did buy the pets. Glu introduced businesses and I bought So Chic Hamptons and furnished it with kash options. Then i bought So Chic London but barely added any furnishings because the kash options were now too high and I wasn’t giving up Kstars when it would already take me about 6 months to break even on the Kstars I had paid for the business. I never bought another business as the cost vs the amount you earned did not make any sense. Then the price of new GC clothes was so high that I stopped using GC to buy houses but would still use kash to buy them and GC to buy the pet. Then the kash price went up so much that I stopped buying the house at all which meant that I stopped buying the pet.
    I truly miss owning the new pets but I’m not spending my GC on both the house & the Pet and the kash price for the new houses is exorbitant. I feel Glu is really shooting theirself in the foot. I would spend GC on every new pet if I could afford to buy the house for kash. I would furnish every house if more of the items were kash and a reasonable price.
    We all understand that KKH and Glu exist to make money but there has to be a balance between cost versus benefit. Glu has been tipping that scale in their favor more and more. Now it feels like everything is in Glus best interest.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    edited November 2017

So close and yet...

(or how that blasted 4000$ box made me lose those Sunnies)

So I've been chasing these grey Sunnies since Nov 2014. Before Daily/Holiday GBs were introduced, those sunnies, and some other things were for purchase with Stars. She hesitated......and they were locked away forever. I've tried for 3 years for those shades, then 6 months ago OMG, Z won them. 2 months ago......Apple won them. (I've started trying to reign in this useless 'awareness' and Apple winning them was truly an exercise in listening to the inner voice. Then yesterday, I was listening, 2 games got Stars in their 1st boxes, and Kat poor sunny-less Kat got energy. Undaunted i said Ok, she needs the gold box, energy is good. 2nd box came, I'm listening now, and I hesitate my usual box, the box for my mother, or the 3rd fave box.....I said 'Stay true to your heart' picked this lovely TB purse for my 2nd box. but the box to the left (Mom's box) and the one to the right of it they had Stars. Right then I knew, I said the sunnies are going to be in one of these 3. I can buy 3 boxes. those sunnies will be mine.

I was going to post the ss and tell you confidently how those sunnies would be mine with the 3rd prize, but things got away from me. Last night, just before bed, that game got to pick her box. Ok I'm all excited. True to my heart, pick my fave for my 1st pick. 40 Stars! OMG, this is awesome, now pick the 2nd box, and I almost tapped instinctlvely to the right, but took the time to 'vocalize taking Mom's box', and Boom. the Dreaded 4000$ prize in my 2nd box. THe frustratioin, and the instinctive UGH NO we feel whenever that box rears it's ugly head, in a bit of angst I just went to hit Collect and get out , as my finger hit I cried out NO! My sunnies! I had forgotten my plan for the 3rd box, and in an instant....all was revealed. that freaking 4000$ smack in the face, the 40 Stars, and there, in what would have been my 3rd pick.......

So, I went to bed, and now I've shaken it off .....kinda. I do know that next time I will be sure and post when I get the feeling. Had I posted it here, it would have been ingrained and when the insult of the 4000 happened, I would have quietly moved on to the intended 3rd box. I mean the 40 Stars practically paid for what would have been 2 boxes. The sunnies are getting closer right? If my mother's hand has to reach down and tap the damn box herself, we'll get them. lol. Is it too early for magic mom juice? I have the goblet!

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Holly, who wore it better was similar to Sys event, January 6th, 2017. It did not work well, in order to win you had to just keep paying for round after round. Each day we had to style a different item, and the prizes included a Harry Potter type jumper, back pack, camel colored suede looking short boots, the prizes got better as we went along, so did the cost. It was glitched. The higher end prizes were the black and white fur or velvet dress similar to the red and white fur/velvet dress from last year’s Holiday Boxes, then a pink and black coat dress, black fuzzy boots, ear clips, short hair with white fur hat, green coat dress...a few other prizes...that was the short lived Wwib. It paired us against 7 (?)other players and it was extremely hard to win without spending a lot. But the co9thes were great. I’ll see if I can find the event link, but to be honest, we’re approaching Black Friday in just over a week. it’s the happiest time in the game. Don’t bring yourself down with that sad story.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Oh Koko, I'm so sorry you missed out on the sunnies!! Game no 3 will get them soon, I can feel it!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    edited November 2017
    Well they have Never shown up in that games palettes before, so it’s close. And had the sting of that 4000$ Box not thrown me off my guard, i’d Be wearing them. So that assures me i’m In tune with them. 6 hours b4 I got there, I knew they’d be in one of those 3 boxes. Damm it. Next time...nothing will rattle me. But i’m So psyched, next time...mine. B)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited November 2017
    First and last pallettes were great, but I made some not so great picks...

Linda

#KKH4Life
    edited November 2017
    @kokokokonut so basically I paid for nothing??? Glu totally outdone themselves and that wasn't the story involving rogue abilities!!!

Sorry about the sunnies, I know it's coming to your way soon! I mean the dolls just had a DNA change and now are pale with crystal blue eyes and albine hair, have the sunnies isn't just for fashion it's a necessity!!! B)

@HollySisk you nailed! Show them the bills to the scam to stop! I'm just secretely hoping they raise the amount of k-stars to reward you, cause otherwise my shoes collection won't stop to increase. :#

I'm slowly progressing through the event, once doing the storylines eat too much energy and rewards little points, and I'm 'failing' in all of them since I'm not paying the bribes. I miss the 'rolll eyes' emoji, haven't found its replacement... just pretend it's here.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Their eyes are blue, because they are so sad they are frozen. Lol. But both Androids are dressed for a wedding. They look stunning. I figure, if it unfreezes even for a second, i’ll Be ready. Lol :D
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited November 2017
    Here Vats, you can take this one and use it at will. Lol. In fact here are 3 you might like...

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Anastasia_V.Anastasia_V. Registered Users 157 Posts
    Popping in to quickly post this week's SMC for @LindaVB and everyone else

KKH Android player
    Level 65, A+++
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited November 2017
    Woah. Not sure how I managed to pull this one off!

edited November 2017
    @soundspretty

HOW... HOW... HOW!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!! Congrats doll on your pick!!!!!!!!!

Linda

#KKH4Life
    Thanks @Anastasia_V., for sharing! I own that one, so it did not pop up! Adding yours to the Ency thread!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Woah. Not sure how I managed to pull this one off!

--

Are those pants rare? 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I got kash, kash, anndddddd kash. I didn't take a picture of any of my palettes I didn't want to be reminded of it
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    edited November 2017
    I haven’t been posting my palettes, but that’s because there’s nothing to see :/ first two boxes were cheap daily gb shoes and the gold was energy. I’ll somehow struggle through to the tb but i’m slowly losing my will lol all my boxes have been crap lately and all the gigs i have left want me to pay K stars or else Maria talks to me like I’m incompetent ? no ty 
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    Popping in to quickly post this week's SMC for @LindaVB and everyone else

Omg @Anastasia_V. Why is your smc so expensive ? $750 
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    @Gabebot That isn't American dollars. It's another currency. International players pay in their own respective currencies. I would guess it's Rubles (Russian currency), but I am no expert. The conversion rate would put the cost fairly close to what we pay, a little more though I think. 

@the thread, my midweek went thusly:

kash/energy/tile/gold choker that looks like a neck brace
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I got kstars in my first box for the first time in ages, and got really excited. Unfortunately this was followed by energy in the second (OK from a black box when grinding, but could be better), and then this disappointment of a palette:

Some nice items which I would have liked to win, but *three* partnership tiles in a gold box palette?! (As a side note, I definitely don't have all the gold box items yet). Oh well, onwards and upwards, and I really hope my TB box is good, especially as I was too busy with work last week to even make it that far. 
    I have to amend my statement about the homecoming outfit. The one who doesn’t pay gets such a wild outfit, I’m glad I didn;t even pay the cash.

I haven’t been posting my palettes, but that’s because there’s nothing to see :/ first two boxes were cheap daily gb shoes and the gold was energy. I’ll somehow struggle through to the tb but i’m slowly losing my will lol all my boxes have been crap lately and all the gigs i have left want me to pay K stars or else Maria talks to me like I’m incompetent ? no ty 

Doll, Maria has issues. She's got more shady cousins and uncled...friends in the Italian Marble Tile importing business. ...the cousin who literally stands on the street barely dressed trying to get people into the 'gym'. Didn'the she disappear for a while? I'mean thinking these things she keeps trying to sell us, have somehow 'fallen off a truck' . You ever wonder why SHE is the one who can 'change your name'? Isn'the thst one step this side of phony passports and things. Don'the let on thst you'really wise to her. Just nod and said "i'll think about it" if she'said insulting yiu...chances are you prepared cutting into her payday. Brother mario's Limo maybe? A tailor for another cousin. DOLL, She's more connected than Kevin Bacon. And...10 days before we are anticipating the 50% off Black Friday sales, she'said offering us 5 stars back on a 75 star hairstyle.
    SO, Don't let any shade she throws your way bother you.

Good morning Dolls. Did I say 10 days? Less than that. Let's all do a little happy dance. It's the most wonderful time in the world.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @tiramisu I would have taken your pallet any day over the one I got ? Seriously Glu, this is a gold box pallet??? ?

• tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Oh wow, you definitely got it much worse @SugarK !! That is an awful palette - definitely not appropriate for a gold box at all! I hope you get an absolutely amazing TB box to compensate. 

@kokokokonut you've cheered me up - only 10 days! It definitely is the most wonderful time of the year in KKH and even though I'm a bit cautious given recent developments, I can't wait to see what's in store for us!
    I'm getting close to the TB box, let's see which bomb prize I'll get this time...

I got stars in both black boxes and energy in the gold box, much better results than the previous week.

Finished the storylines, except the perfume one which I'm not doing for now.

My favorite was the Spellcantor 2, cause I wasn't charged for nothing and they did a creative work with the characters' lines, gave us the choice to choose our partner to film and even they changed my doll's outfit during the shoot to fit the theme (it was 'Legolas' for guys, which one is for girls???).

The 'homecoming' had it's ups and downs, but the one of insvesting on a new business is a perfect example of how not doing a storylines it felt completely generic and it was all about paying...

Maria offered me Lisbon house yesterday and I bought it, too bad all we get back is a k-star, wish they bring back the time we used to get like 10 k-stars back.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!