KK:H Weekday Event - 12/11/17 Tapping and celebrating the Festival of Lights

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

Come Help Us Celebrate Chanukah in the forum during this upcoming Weekday Event!
Chanukah is the Jewish eight-day, wintertime “festival of lights,” celebrated nightly with menorah lighting, special prayers and fried foods. While the game doesn't celebrate the holiday with an event, we thought it would be nice to celebrate here in the forum.

@Astray is my co-conspirator in this. He'll be 'lighting the menorah' here for us each night of the festival, and sharing experiences, custom, tradition and more. I'm just here as the Venue coordinator. Making sure the bands are on time, the Caterer is Rabbi approved Kosher, and the Chicken Livers have been made with Schmaltz.
So, let's get ready to politely beg for spoilers.
(No demanding please, our GluGoddess will bestow info when the moment is right.)
She's the closest thing to Kim we've got, so let's handle with care.
She likes Disney and Sparkles.....so take it from there.

Getting back to the celebration of Chanukah, Feel free to share your experiences. Or post about anything. THis is a chat thread, and anything goes (within the guidelines of the forum) As an Irish German Roman Catholic, I celebrate the Christian holidays. But when I was 3 I was in a private preschool owned by a very nurturing Jewish couple. Along with the Christmas holiday songs, they taught us the Dreidel Song. as a 3 year old, getting gold foil covered chocolate gelt,

and a little Dreidel

So I sang the Dreidel song for my mother and my family doctor, and proudly announced.
Now I'm Jewish too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YctO_-71CTk
Ok, that wasn't the same versioin of the song, and it didn't make me Jewish.
But I want to join with all my forum friends to wish everyone a very Happy Chanukah.
Let's share our hopes for the event, and remember we will have @Astray helping us to fully understand the Holiday we'll be celebrating from December 12th to the 20th.
Now, ordinarily, we'd have Kim pop in, and dance the thread open. But she's out looking for Astray,

so we're using this dance instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULtglogZbR8

Thread's Open.....Let's Obsess!

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1345

Comments

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Love your opening, Koko and Astray!
    And a happy Hanukkah to all my celebrating forum friends!

I don’t celebrate myself, but have a lot of friends that do. Nice detail is that my language (Dutch) has incorporated a lot of jewish word, such as gelt (this means money in Dutch too).

And I can't wait for the midweek event to start!! Kinda hoping it is a Professional Gigs, as some of my business became available this weekend!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah!

Can't wait for kalinda with the spoilers. Polite chant! 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • AdrieAdrie Registered Users 249 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah ? and i’m so happy for the spoilers ❤️
    •Player Since 2017
    •Married with the love of my life♡
    •HouseTime is AnyTime?
    •#HexagonianForLife
  • LunchmeatlipsLunchmeatlips Registered Users 87 Posts

Thank you to our GluGoddess for all of your hard work in trying to keep us forum members happy!! I know we have a lot of complaints sometimes but us dolls just strive for perfection ???

Now come a little closer, cuz I got something to say but I don't wanna be too loud....
    *spoilerspleasespoilersplease!!*

Please and thank you!!

✧♡✧ platform: iOS & Android✧♡✧

✧♡✧ level: 30 ✧♡✧

✧♡✧ keepin' it Kardashian ✧♡✧
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Omg, so cute and creative, I love your entertaining polite begging. So so cute. Puterhead is working on restoring my network. Baba blew it our last night when he caught an extension cord in a chair...3 times.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Interesting input @LindaVB

However!

Did you all know that Danish, Dutch, Russian, Hebrew and of course German are languages spoken in Germany?

yep I learnt that bit of information about the Russian language being spoken there from my nan who was a Russian-Jew immigrant of course she and her parents immigrated to America due to the holocaust same with my grandfather and his parents.

I'll be sharing little facts here and there and of course sharing the lighting of the Chanukah Menorah and explaining it in steps when Chanukah arrives of course.
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    astray said:

Did you all know that Danish, Dutch, Russian, Hebrew and of course German are languages spoken in Germany?

Danish is mostly spoken in northern Germany (Schleswig-Holstein) because they share a border with us (Denmark) :D

hackers can burn in hell
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah!

These guys are hilarious:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJCSR4MuhU
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We're having a 5-Star Throwback Event (Professional)!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    That's great, thanks Kalinda! Looking forward to tomorrow! ^_^
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • KimKHollyWoodAddictionKimKHollyWoodAddiction Registered Users 166 Posts
    Thanks Kalinda!!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah!

So is it Hanukkah or Chanukah?

Thanks Kalinda! I'll take the week to try and clear the 40 gigs I have accumulated...
    PM to add
  • Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts
    Happy Chanukah!
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
  • Anastasia_V.Anastasia_V. Registered Users 157 Posts
    Happy Belated Birthday, @Ladouce Femme! Hope you've had a great day.  <3

-----------
    Hey, why on earth am I no longer able to take a close-up pics with my friends?? Hmm...
    KKH Android player
    Level 65, A+++
    edited December 2017
    Doesn't matter which way you spell it, they're both pronounced the same way @Naimonster I do believe the "c" in Chanukah is silent.

So if you prefer to spell it the way you know it (Hannukah) OR the Hebrew way (Chanukah) then by all means do so, pronounciation is the same spelling is just different. I spell it either way, just know that you aren't spelling it wrong just spelling it the way you know it. :smile:

Thanks for that bit of information @daffodil, I'm well aware of that, but nice of you to share it with the others, it also has to do with people immigrating there from Denmark as well.

Danish, Polish, Russian, Dutch, Swedish, Romani, Italian, Arabic etc etc are all considered to be immigration languages in Germany, I could name several languages that are spoken in Germany however that would be me straying away from the topic which is Chanukah and not languages, ah but it's me being me and I tend to go off topic sometimes lol.

P.S. A lot of the languages I shared I had to learn, so I'm quite fluent in them. :smile:

Thanks for the spoiler @KalindaKing
  • Anastasia_V.Anastasia_V. Registered Users 157 Posts
    astray said:
    Did you all know that Danish, Dutch, Russian, Hebrew and of course German are languages spoken in Germany? yep I learnt that bit of information about the Russian language being spoken there from my nan who was a Russian-Jew immigrant of course she and her parents immigrated to America due to the holocaust same with my grandfather and his parents. 
    Thank you so much for sharing this, @astray. It's great to know that my language is spoken somewhere besides slavic & CIS countries.  :smile:
    KKH Android player
    Level 65, A+++
    No problem @Anastasia_V. :)
  • DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    Oh Swag!!!! A Throwback midweek event.
    Thank you for the spoiler @KalindaKing
  • Ava_NicoleAva_Nicole Registered Users 14 Posts
    Will we be getting k stars also? 
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Hey, why on earth am I no longer able to take a close-up pics with my friends?? Hmm...
    You can still do it @Anastasia_V.. Choose your friend in the proffessional category instead (the star) and then you can do closeups. :)

• Dana_358Dana_358 Registered Users 72 Posts
    astray said:
    Did you all know that Danish, Dutch, Russian, Hebrew and of course German are languages spoken in Germany? yep I learnt that bit of information about the Russian language being spoken there from my nan who was a Russian-Jew immigrant of course she and her parents immigrated to America due to the holocaust same with my grandfather and his parents. 
    Thank you so much for sharing this, @astray. It's great to know that my language is spoken somewhere besides slavic & CIS countries.  :smile:
    In Belgian we even have Russian stores. Really like buying tea and condensed milk there :-). 
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    This weeks SMC:

That I will be purchasing, it’s a little steep in price than usual but I gotta have it
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    Omg I actually love the new limited time kollection but I reallllllly don’t wanna pay K Stars just to get kash and energy in return ?
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Dixie ran into @LindaVB and is so jealous over that Christmas sweater. We tried and tried but didn’t get it last year.

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    Got this hair in my first box! So happy :blush: Does anybody know from which event it is? It doesn't have any symbol to it in the closet.

Btw, @AListJacey , what Kollection do you mean? Is it something that comes with the new update, or only VIP have them, or a certain platform? Because I don't see any limited kollection in my game. I'm on facebook, not got the update yet.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Omg I actually love the new limited time kollection but I reallllllly don’t wanna pay K Stars just to get kash and energy in return ?

-----

I hope we have a vip weekend! Then I won't feel so guilty spending all my kstars on the kollection :p
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers

I loved it in her sisters game too and it was just as expensive, lol. *sighs* it seems my doll won't be getting it in this game either.

I agree with you don't want to waste kstars
    Zzzelena said:

Got this hair in my first box! So happy :blush: Does anybody know from which event it is? It doesn't have any symbol to it in the closet.

Btw, @AListJacey , what Kollection do you mean? Is it something that comes with the new update, or only VIP have them, or a certain platform? Because I don't see any limited kollection in my game. I'm on facebook, not got the update yet.

This is the new kollection they're talking about @Zzzelena it's a limited time thing i believe.

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Hoestly, Kollections is where I spent ALL my black Friday double star packs. Seriously, I'm bad. AppleP bought 5000 stars, and they are all gone. I have less stars than I did The Day before thanksgiving....but I got a lot of good stuff. I just have to tap past the Kollections for a while. And I have heard the same song from other members.
    The new limited time Kollection pops up with it's own ad whe you're tapping on the event bullhorn. Gorgeous clothes, but between 3 games, I bought and spent 10,000 Stars in less than 3 weeks. I am just going to put the brakes on the Kollections for a while. They're great if you have self control.....but we all know I have none. Hence i'm playing 3 games. Lol.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I'm sure Dixie will get it this year, @HollySisk!
    I'm just loving this new Kollektion!!! I's totally hoping for a VIP this week so I can get those items!!!
    Oh can someone please post a pic from the guys' Kollektion content?
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________