KK:H Weekday Event - 12/11/17 Tapping and celebrating the Festival of Lights

Comments

• astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    nivid said:

750 for the whole Kollection?!! I really hope these limited time Kolelctions don't become a common thing with every update. Atleast with the other Kollections I can take my sweet time and collect all the items at my own (snail) pace. It does't help that I'm really stingy with my KStars, always wanting to be at atleast 1,000+, so wasting 700 KStars that took months of patience and time to grind for is just...

Although I agree with you 700 kstars is a bit too much I'm so glad it doesn't require us to spend 4,000 kstars the way it did in KK for these same items only difference is the men didn't get the items that are in this game in kk they had to grind for TB's so a bit different, still I won't be spending any of my well paid and hard earned kstars on any of the limited edition kollections.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm excited to learn more about Chanukah. My knowledge is limited, and once we decided that @astray would be leading the celebration I stopped looking because I wanted to hear it fresh from his personal perspective, and those of other memberx..( I'm also very sorry to say I'm confused as to whether this is where you set the table for the guest or not. If you tell me to sit tight and wait I'll do that. But i'm really looking forward to this. )
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Got a tooth pulled today so I’m just laying in bed grinding! Won kstars in my first two boxes, lucky since I’ve spent my life kstar savings on kollections! I think glu just found the perfect way to empty our bank accounts lol 
    Ouch! That wasn't funny. You said tooth pulled and grind. Seriously how do you feel? How did they sedate you? Were you saying silly things when you came out of it? Nice to see you, just hope you feel better soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    @Cchaircc and @astray, hope you're both back to feeling 100% soon!

I've won energy, K-stars, and kash in my boxes. I'm shocked I've won K-stars two weeks in a row now; my midweek boxes usually never treat me that well.

My reality show just hit 800 million viewers :flushed::# I almost feel embarrassed. I play this game too much...
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    I’m bummed this kollection is a limited time only. I really love the hair and dress but no way am I gonna magically have 750 K stars in like 5 days. First time I actually love everything in a kollection ??‍♀️

I hope at least this means they’ll start stepping it up with Kollections. Some of the permanent ones look like the doll got dressed in the dark ? 

KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    edited December 2017
    Thanks @Pez

I'm in a flare up atm and can barely do much hopefully it'll get better in the morning once I get some rest.

Oh and we do set the table for Chanukah @kokokokonut

Thought I'd share a photo of how a table is set for Chanukah to give you an idea on how a Chanukah table is set. Those chanukah gelts look köstlich, sadly I've never been able to eat them since they're chocolate, I always watched the other kids eat it but Drediel and latkes made up for it.

Hmm does the way I spell Chanukah make any one feel weird, if so I can switch it up and go back to the way you all know how to spell it?

I've been getting things ready for Chanukah including presents that I've bought for my family members it's officially the first day of Chanukah over here but I won't share the steps to the Menorah until Chanukah officially starts at sunset.

Until then I have to figure out where I'll get a Menorah in a gif.

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I didn't finish this weekend's event gigs and only had the last one left. I did it and got 25 points and then Simon called me and gave me ~30 more

1st box was Kstars which of course like an idiot i spent on the kollection and got kash and then the boots
    2nd box kash
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts

The table setting is lovely. Hope you’re feeling better @astray & enjoying Chanukah.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    KaylaJ said:

I didn't finish this weekend's event gigs and only had the last one left. I did it and got 25 points and then Simon called me and gave me ~30 more

1st box was Kstars which of course like an idiot i spent on the kollection and got kash and then the boots
    2nd box kash

Oh! Brilliant! James didn’t do the last gig either. I’ll have to find it and complete it.

Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Hope you both feel better soon @astray and @Cchaircc!
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge of Chanukkah with us, Astray, I truly enjoy reading them!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Box 1:

Box 2:

(Just what I need, kash & energy) ugh
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    I’m hoping for a VIP event this weekend so I can purchase the limited time kollection before it disappears ? 
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • miacollinsmiacollins Registered Users 82 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Hey dolls! I’m new to the forum it’s gonna take me awhile to understand it lol

KKH: A+++ Lister on iOS, Max Fans
    Game Center: MiaKKH
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiaKathCollins
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Welcome @miacollins!

I got Kash in my first box and K-stars in my second box, yay!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • miacollinsmiacollins Registered Users 82 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Last one to go but I’m running low on k-stars ugh I really hope we get a vip weekend event so I could earn some k-stars
    KKH: A+++ Lister on iOS
    Daily Kkh player Level 43, Max Fans
    Game Center: miaKKH
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiaKathCollins
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Lisylis said:

September said:

Lisylis said:

I wonder if that loot box ruling from Europe will affect this game 

What does that mean? 

Some jurisdictions are considering whether it might be gambling (which I get!) and might take action. 

Here's a link: https://www.theguardian.com/games/2017/nov/24/gambling-regulators-to-investigate-loot-boxes-in-video-games

Thanks for sharing! Will read the article.
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    Well this morning Karma smiled upon me. In the limited time Kollection, I opened one box over the weekend on one game.....and got the platinum and Diamond necklace, which I adore. this morning I got the urge, picked up the other android......boom. Same necklace. See, even when it's chance, the universe wants my twins......twins. lol. Yesterday it was the grey sunnies, today the necklace...oh omg. And on another game. I took one box, energy, 2nd box....100 Stars. ok, I took those stars and walked away. lol. I believe in quitting when you're ahead. You just have to get ahead to do it. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

Surprisingly I won one of the missing gold boxes items this week, yay! Now there is just one item tagged with the gold box icon left to Vats have the entire collection.

On my way to the TB box, hope the shoes I'll win this week will be pretty and not brown! :p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    That's awesome congrats @kokokokonut

Lots of thanks to all who wished me get well wishes, much appreciated.

I'm feeling much better now, and I am ready to light the first two candles on the Chanukah (OR Hannukah Menorah) Menorah. Oh BTW just want to share that the Menorah is also known as the hanukkiah.
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited December 2017
    I also think the limited Kollection is too pricy as I only like the bundle one we would only get it last. I will probably just do it during VIP weekend if they are about 500 KStars, 750 makes it harder to decide. ?
    Male doll’s limited Kollection: not a fan of them, especially don’t want another pair of too short pants for Jon. ? @LindaVB

Happy Hanukkah/ Chanukah to dolls who celebrate it! Have a blessed one!! ?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I really like the curly hair in the limited collection but since it's part of the bundle with the dress there's a good chance it'll appear last.

Happy Chanukah. Here’s Adam Sandler...opening up for @asteay
    https://youtu.be/9320tG1bQaY
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited December 2017
    Okay so we have already lit the first two candles of the Menorah here since the sun has already set here I will wait until the sunsets in everyone else's time and light the Menorah here.

I will just state that Chanukah lights can either be candle flames or oil-fueled. Since the miracle of Chanukah happened with olive oil, oil menorah is preferable to a candle one, and olive oil is the ideal fuel. Cotton wicks are preferred because of the smooth flame they produce. However most Jews do what best works for them you aren't obligated to go by the story of Chanukah and use oil as the jews so long ago did, you won't get punished for doing what works for you and how your tradition of celebrating this amazing holiday.

I will share the story of Chanukah and our very own lovely @kokokokonut was so kind to share a lovely graphic of the Menorah for each day, I am really excited about collaborating with her on this, she's gone above and beyond with helping me and I appreciate it. There's also a blessing we say on the first day but not quite sure if it's appropriate for the forum.
    This is the wonderful graphic Chanukah Menorah that our lovely @kokokokonut worked so hard on and I want to thank her because I wasn't quite sure where to find one that goes in the rhythm of how the Menorah is lit and she went out of her way to do this.

. Thank you Astray, I never knew the Dreidels were more than just spinning tops.

Kneeling in thnecSilver theme....I was bad. I saw the collection purple and silver glitter pants....ok, well at least they weren’t the last box.....
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Thank you for these Chanukah posts, @astray! You're putting quite an effort in and the knowledge you're sharing is appreciated. It's fun to learn, especially about the dreidel -- I never knew the details of the game mechanics. And thank you @kokokokonut for the work you've put in as well!

My Wednesday and Thursday schedules are pretty busy this week, so I've been grinding hard for my TB. I'm glad most of my businesses reset early in the week so I can take breaks from filming reality show after reality show.

I don't really need more bags, but this is actually a pretty nice one, so I'm happy.

iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• KimKHollyWoodAddictionKimKHollyWoodAddiction Registered Users 166 Posts
    @kokokokonut after mentioning to you about no Christmas items in my daily box one popped up today but I missed it /: 
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    edited December 2017
    My gold box:

Realllllllly wishing I had picked the K stars :-/ 
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    You all are quite welcome I'm really enjoying sharing this with you all, I feel like not a lot of people really know about Jewish holidays and their meanings and traditions that many Jews share around the world with their family and friends.

Hmm it seems my Drediel comment disappeared whilst I was trying to correct its errors, hopefully it'll come back....OR I'll just repost it if I have to.

Anyhoo if I'm NOT mistaken I do believe the sun is down for most in the world, so I will light the Menorah and explain it step by step. Not quite sure if it's appropriate for the forum so I won't share it but on the first day of Chanukah we recite three blessings.

First night of eight nights

On the first of Hanukkah’s eight nights, ONLY two candles are placed in the Chanukah (Hannukah) menorah, as @kokokokonut mentioned correctly when she shared with me her amazing graphic, the shammash, or “helper” candle, which has its own designated spot (usually in the centre), and another candle. The shammash candle is ALWAYS the first one lit, and is used to light the others, starting with the left-most one. (Think of it as lighting the candle representing the newest night first.) BUT not before placing the candles in the menorah from right to left. Why do we do this well we place the candles in the Menorah from right to left because Hebrew is written from right to left but they are lit from left to right. I know a bit tricky innit?

Before lighting the candles but after placing them in the menorah, we recite three blessings, I'm not quite sure I'll share it and if need be @kokokokonut can make some changes to what I post.

Blessing 1: Praised are you, our God, ruler of the universe, who made us holy through your commandments
    and commanded us to kindle the Hanukkah lights.

Blessing 2: Praised are you, our God, ruler of the universe, who performed wondrous deeds for our ancestors
    in those ancient days at this season.

Blessing 3: Praised are You, our God, ruler of the universe, who has given us life and sustained us and enabled us to reach this season.

We only say the 3rd blessing on the first night and then we light the Menorah:

The Shammash

The first night of eight nights

So this is the first night of eight nights in Chanukah and I'm really happy to be sharing this with you all thank you so much for allowing me to share my religion and its festivities with you all. :)