KK:H Weekday Event - 12/11/17 Tapping and celebrating the Festival of Lights

1235Next

Comments

• GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    I like mid week events its fun I only like 5 star rating (professional) because I wanna get rid of my missions ?
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    As I predicted, got shoes in my last box despite the fact my palette was full of other kind of stuff.

#karma

Speaking of gigs - I'm just finishing up the perfume storyline and can I just say that I am annoyed at how star expensive it is? After spending 25 on that bottle WHY did I have to pay another 10 for the billboard?! I didn't want to back down with a party and had to watch videos over 2 days - Monday and last night - to grab it. PLEASE more things in Kash GLU!

At least the fragrance bottle and the billboard are concrete stuff, the worst part is to pay 10 stars to hire Carolina Veloso, like what's the point???

Talking about that storyline, think it was @Pez who mentioned that after completing the gig at 10ax the old billboard comes back to its place. I finished that storyline, but the reality show billboard didn't made its return, wonder what went wrong?!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I wonder if the fragrance billboard stays if you paid for it? Seems a waste to spend k-stars and then it goes away in another gig. I didn't pay for the bottle or billboard so Willow got it... but now it's back to my reality billboard. But I'd be miffed if I paid for the billboard and that happened, because otherwise what was the point?
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    edited December 2017
    That makes sense @soundspretty ! I paid for the billboard :#

Ugh! I wish we could change between the billboards anytime we want.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Happy Birthday @KatePillgrim !

Thank you @astray for bringing Hanukkah to the forums! I'm jewish as well, so it's so nice to see everyone being open to celebrating different religions here!

My TB box. Two white skirts for me this week...

iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Happy Hanukkah to you too @webra
    :blush:
    PM to add
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Vats said:

That makes sense @soundspretty ! I paid for the billboard :#

Ugh! I wish we could change between the billboards anytime we want.

Ohhh what if you had the option of changing billboards based on the businesses you own? So like if you owned the art gallery, you could have a billboard advertised for that. Or the salon, theme park, etc. each have their own themes advertising your business. So many possibilities!
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    My TB box:

Not a huge fan of the dress, would like it more if I had picked the one underneath it, but oh well. I'm not hating it xD and here's my doll modeling it. :smile:

#newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    No problem @webra I feel honoured to be able to do this, it's a whole new feeling.

So it is the 3rd day of Chanukah and it was pretty busy of course we give the kids gelts everyday, I even got a Jewish cookbook myself ? and I love cooking so that just makes the cookbook gift even more awesome. :smiley:

We had jelly doughnuts too nom nom anyhoo I will paraphrase the story of Chanukah or Hanukkah.

Hanukkah is about God's protection of the Israelites, and the miracles that occurred on that day.The holiday celebrates the triumph of faith and courage over military might, when a band of Israelites stood up for their right to be Jewish. They were prohibited under penalty of death from studying their sacred texts or performing important mitzvot. Their holy Temple had been defiled, and they were ordered to worship other gods. However, a small band of faithful Israelites, known as the Maccabees, rose up and defeated the invaders, reclaimed the Temple, and rededicated it to God. The eternal flame in the Temple's great menorah (lamp stand) had to burn everything down. But the sacred olive oil needed to burn in the lamp stand took 8 days to press and purify. The Jews had only a one-day supply of oil. They decided, in faith, to light the flame anyway. And, a great miracle occurred. The jug of oil refilled itself every day with enough oil to relight the Temple's great menorah, and this continued for 7 days, the exact time it took to prepare new oil! It is a common misconception that the oil burned continuously for 8 days. Since that time, Hanukkah has been celebrated for 8 days to recall the miracle when the menorah burned for 8 days at the Temple. The main miracle of Hanukkah is the victory of the Maccabees against the most powerful army in the world.

I'm proud to be Jewish, the strength, faith and love of my people is so overwhelming, the stories my grandma tells me of how they left Russia and went to Germany then to the states I still feel like a kid when I hear them, my grandparents are so brave and so humble regardless of what they've been through as kids and as adults they're still the same people I've grown up around, the same people who raised me, I strive to be exactly what they practised and lived by.
    We say two blessings again and we kindle three candles in the Menorah.

Night 3

edited December 2017
    Tonight is the fourth Night of Chanukah we recite blessings 1 and 2 and kindle four lights in the menorah. The menorah should be lit before lighting the Shabbat Candles (18 minutes before sunset).

didn't have a gif so here's a photo of the Shabbat Candles, the Shabbat Candles are lit at 3.35 PM and since the sun sets here at 3.54 PM we lit them 19 minutes before sunset.

Lighting of the Shabbat Candles

the fourth Night of Chanukah

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh, so are two sets of candles lit for the weekly sundown on Friday, and for Chanukah?v thank you again for sharing this with us.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh, do you want to continue in the new thread? Or leave it here? Either way is ok with me, Happy Chanukah Lucas.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    yes Shabbat usually lasts for about 25 hours so it doesn't last as long as Chanukah does

The Sabbath is a part of the deal between God and the Jewish People, so celebrating it is a reminder of the Covenant and an occasion to rejoice in God's kept promises.

well it doesn't really matter to me whatever you prefer is fine with me if you'd like to keep it here then we can and if people still come into this thread and look they can or you can move it to the new thread @kokokokonut
  • KhantKhant Registered Users 71 Posts
    Hi Koko thanks for replying.

This is how my Kollections is glitching. It used to be fine. 

Hi. Mine looks like that. If you want to play, you tap the button that says 20 Stars. then a window pops up "This costs 20 Stars do you want to proceed" (or some warning) then you play. I don't mean to sound dumb, but what happens when you tap the 20 Stars button? See the collection shows you everything available, you hit the 20 stars button to play. It's not like the other gift boxes, where we tap a specific closed box we want.
    Tapping the button does nothing. That's the glitch ?
  • Alena96Alena96 Registered Users 7 Posts
    edited December 2017
    The same thing is happening to me... ?? help??? 
    Saturday was a pretty busy day for me, giving gifts and singing songs, but I'm here to light the Menorah

Since tonight is the fifth Night of Chanukah we recite blessings 1 and 2 and kindle five lights in the menorah. The menorah is lit after Shabbat ends (Shabbat ended around 4 PM here) and the Havdalah is recited.

Havdalah is Hebrew for “separation” and refers to the verbal declaration made at the end of Shabbat or a Jewish holiday, in which the holy day is separated from the mundane period that follows.

fifth Night of Chanukah

edited December 2017
    Good grief Chanukah has been keeping me busy I've began slacking a bit on lighting the Menorah on here.

So tonight is the sixth Night of Chanukah

so that means recite two blessings and kindle six lights in the menorah, there's also a song called Eight Days of Hanukkah that I've been meaning to share but Chanukah or Hanukkah has had me pretty darn busy, not to mention had to celebrate a birthday as well.

Anyhoo

The sixth night of Chanukah

I'm pretty exhausted so I'm heading to bed, g'night.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Happy Chanukah!

I got a pretty good TB palette last week:

Some really nice items in there, and the dress I got is pretty. Here is Everly modeling it:

My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    thanks @haftime

okay so we are halfway through Chanukah, sadly but hey there's CHRISTMAS! Woot woot! *dances* haha

Tonight is the seventh Night of Chanukah and we recited two blessings and kindle seven lights in the menorah.

edited December 2017
    So today is eighth Night of Chanukah

This is usually and almost always the most sensitive part of Chanukah for me since it ultimately must come to an end tomorrow. However, that means Christmas is here in 5 days tomorrow

Since tonight is the eighth Night of Chanuka, we recite blessings 1 and 2 and kindle eight lights in the menorah

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Happy eighth night of Hanukkah!

Got to learn and explore so much. All thanks to you, Lucas! And of course Koko as well ❤
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    edited December 2017
    You're quite welcome @Charli

Anyhoo as you all know Chanukah has now come to an end and yesterday (it is now the first day of Winter here, yay) was such a long day for me. Another Chanukah gone and me with having the duty to clean the wax off the Menorah again, quite honestly I don't mind it hehe.

Just wanted to thank everyone especially @kokokokonut for being a huge help and GLU for allowing me to share my religion with you all on the forum.

Thank you all so much, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :smile:

It's nearly 5 AM, g'night
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    @astray Thank you for sharing, I learned a lot, too. You brought the celebration to all of us here, that was really nice.
    Android
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    @astray Thank you so much for teaching us all about Chanukkah! I really enjoyed reading and learning about it!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Thank you Lucas. I was sick for most of it, but reading back and seeing all the work you put in, and the sharing of yourself really made me feel like I experienced a little of your tradition, and I definitely have a better understanding and greater appreciation. But the celebration really needs a few more current songs. Can we count on you again for next year? Maybe others will join in and assist. :)

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited December 2017
    Sure and I hope you are feeling much better now @kokokokonut :)