Transferring my iPad Air game to my new iPad?

CooleenCooleen Registered Users 80 Posts
Hello! I just got a new iPad for Christmas, and would like to transfer my game to it. How do I do that? Thank you for any help!
Game Centre Name: ColleenAndrew. - KKH: Cools

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited December 2017
    In Options on your game, you can look in FAQ for transferring your IOS game to a new device. You can also find the directions here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=transferring-your-game-to-a-new-device select the IOS instructions for your device. I would read the instructions a few times till they are perfectly clear. Biggest thing to remember....I always like to have the game open on my old device, till the game is right on the new one. AND, There is a good chance when you open up the game on the new device it will ask you to customize a new doll. SHUT DOWN and take some deep breaths. Do not start to customize. Open the game again, and hopefully a little box will pop up asking you to choose between device a and lists stats, or device b and lists stats. Usually A is the game you just opened and shut down, it will be a beginning level with little assets. Device B probably lists your current level and your data. Choose wisely, and it should pull up your current game on the new device.

But Before you start anything.......after reading the instructions, go back up your game on itunes, through your computer. In case anything goes wrong, you can always load that way. Good luck, and don't panic..

And Merry Christmas Colleen!

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    edited December 2017
    I got a new phone too and I followed the instructions, but it keeps opening on the customization screen :(
    I reunistalled the game on my new phone several times, but it never suggested a save file. What do I do?
    I need to transfer the game. Somebody please help!
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Ugh. This is a new situation (at least for me) and I was unable to load my game till I did a factory reset on an android. is the game still available on your old device? If so, I would RUN (not walk) to itunes with my laptop, and back up the old game to itunes. Then, you can restore the game on your new device. Does this make sense to you, or should we go deeper?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

Ugh. This is a new situation (at least for me) and I was unable to load my game till I did a factory reset on an android. is the game still available on your old device? If so, I would RUN (not walk) to itunes with my laptop, and back up the old game to itunes. Then, you can restore the game on your new device. Does this make sense to you, or should we go deeper?

@kokokokonut , Can you please explain how to back up the game through iTunes? I know how to save a copy of everything on my iPod and then wipe it clean and restore it, I did it plenty of times, but I don't know how to back up one game only? Also I'm not sure if I can restore any files from my iPod on my iPhone - I thought it was only possible to do with iCloud?...
    I would be forever thankful to you if you helped me. I need my game on the iPhone, because my iPod is dying and I can lose it if it's not transfered :'(

Okay I did it!!!!! Your advice helped - I reset my freshly loaded iPhone which I spent hours setting up yesterday LOL and then restored an iCloud back up of my iPod and it worked like a charm. Thank you so so much!!!

iโ€™m so glad. Now, you should remember to back up frequently to iTunes, it basically puts a hard cool of your game at your fingertips. I love that Bout iOS & iTunes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary